• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Corona Virus - COVID19 - Confirmed Case Thread.

How many infections do you have in your physical social network?

Results are only viewable after voting.

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
The words "verified" and "confirmed" are used loosely in this thread. If we hear from the lying media that there are "X" number of "confirmed" Covid 19 cases in our county, is that a confirmation? Factor in all the false positives and a few liars on GIM2, and you really have a scamdemic.

gnome

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
High strength vit C, ginger and garlic.

Why are so many Asians getting it?

Golden Regards
Uncle
The US now has the largest number of cases in the world. And only NY is really testing.

EricTheCat

An ant on a hill.
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
I just found out last night a co-worker's BIL has it. Not sure where he lives but I would guess he got it on his flight back from MN to wherever that may be.

This is only the beginning. I really hope I am wrong and that most of you are right. I don't mind being wrong once in a while.

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
11 total then.

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
The words "verified" and "confirmed" are used loosely in this thread.
Really...? it is always something with you isn't it?

So you don't trust the count from your fellow posters who tell you about cases they know of in their social circle? ... as a rough guide... as stated in the OP.

I edited the initial post to make it as plain as the nose on your face! To count them you should know them, they should be in your social circle.

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Factor in all the false positives and a few liars on GIM2, and you really have a scamdemic.
Yeah... 11 so far, they are a real fear mongering lot!

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
The US now has the largest number of cases in the world. And only NY is really testing.
You are about to ramp testing right up so that number should explode. However 50% should be asymptomatic if Iceland is anything to go by.

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
7 out of 64 so far.

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
7 Votes or reports... but 1 counts 2 people and the other 4 people. The rest are singles. So 11 total cases known of by gimmers. Say everyone knows 100 people or so in their daily lives, family, friends, colleagues etc so that's around 0.17% at a WAG!

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Yeah bit some of those are people who know someone who knows someone else that has it. The numbers get elevated and more ambiguity is factored in

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Yeah bit some of those are people who know someone who knows someone else that has it. The numbers get elevated and more ambiguity is factored in
All I know is I don't know anyone with it and we are supposed to be near a hot spot... so I am told!

gnome

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
You are about to ramp testing right up so that number should explode. However 50% should be asymptomatic if Iceland is anything to go by.
Yes, 50% asymptomatic, maybe more. Roughly 80% asymptomatic or non-serious symptoms. No worries if they stay home.
It's the 20% that require hospitalization for weeks on end, and the 0.5 -10% death rate that is the problem.

Will we hit 200k cases a week from now? I think so.

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Yes, 50% asymptomatic, maybe more. Roughly 80% asymptomatic or non-serious symptoms. No worries if they stay home.
It's the 20% that require hospitalization for weeks on end, and the 0.5 -10% death rate that is the problem.

Will we hit 200k cases a week from now? I think so.
If you test you will find them easy. It has to be a good thing, at least you can isolate the 80% !

gnome

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
If you test you will find them easy. It has to be a good thing, at least you can isolate the 80% !
Yes, that's how Taiwan, Singapore, S. Korea and to a lesser extent, Japan have been able to contain this, mostly without draconian measures.
Test, track down their contacts, test, track down their contacts, test, track, etc. etc.

The main reason the US is now the world leader in coronavirus cases (if you believe China's numbers) is we are only now starting to test, and have had two months of community spread. This was entirely avoidable.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
The words "verified" and "confirmed" are used loosely in this thread. If we hear from the lying media that there are "X" number of "confirmed" Covid 19 cases in our county, is that a confirmation? Factor in all the false positives and a few liars on GIM2, and you really have a scamdemic.
All year long you've got guys doubting anything coming out of the MSN... Now all of a sudden they're quoting their numbers as gospel while wiping down their groceries and mail.

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
If it's all fake, why screw around with the lowball numbers? 1700 dead? Bfd. As has been pointed out repeatedly, that'd be a good Month if only that many died in car crashes.

If this was fake, the number of "dead" would be much higher in order to be more scary.

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Now all of a sudden they're quoting their numbers as gospel while wiping down their groceries and mail.
I guess it is just a risk thing... what if I am wrong? Panicked people never act logically.

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Edit = returning Scorpio's precious bandwidth he says I've been wasting - should make it easier to delete all my posts & attachments in bulk...

Last edited:
We'll see the "control group", i.e. The Netherlands - where they are NOT implementing any "lock-downs" or shutting down businesses...
They're gambling on "herd immunity" for now. (The UK started that way - but got enough cases, including PM Boris Johnson, Health Minister & Prince Charles - so closed down pubs & restaurants.)
This will take months to tabulate...
Belarus is not shutting anything down. They are still playing soccer, still have schools open, the whole nine yards. They will be an interesting case to watch.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
ON THE PLUS SIDE -- THE FROGGIES JUST TODAY COMPLETED ANOTHER STUDY TRIAL OF HYDROXYCHLOROQUINE AND AZITHROMYCIN:

======== 97.5% POSITIVE RESULTS ==========
Today, Prof. Didier Raoult and his team published results of their new study. The study was supported by the Institut Hospitalo-Universitaire (IHU) Méditerranée Infection. Unlike the previous small study trial, the new observation study has a larger sample size of 80 COVID-19 patients. The objective of the study was to find an effective treatment to cure COVID-19 patients and to decrease the virus carriage duration.​
In 80 in-patients receiving a combination of hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin, the team found a clinical improvement in all but one 86 year-old patient who died, and one 74-year old patient still in intensive care unit. The team also found that, by administering hydroxychloroquine combined with azithromycin, they were able to observe an improvement in all cases, except in one patient who arrived with an advanced form, who was over the age of 86, and in whom the evolution was irreversible, according to a new paper published today in IHU Méditerranée Infection.
Indeed, the chloroquine and azithromycin treatment was so successful that Dr. Raoult refused to use a control group. He believed that doing so would be unethical insofar as it would deny people a proven life-saving treatment.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.americanthinker.com/blo...trump_was_right_and_the_media_were_wrong.html

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Name one.

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
That would be a personal attack. Besides, there are too many to name. There are plenty of members here whose main purpose is disinformation which favors the banking elite and you know it.

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
That would be a personal attack.
Not if you provide proof of the lie and/or misinformation.
A "lie" is but a subjective description of what amounts to misinformation and
if someone posts what you consider a lie or misinformation, all you gotta do is show proof of where/how they are wrong.
People do in fact get corrected on here quite frequently. The only difference is whether or not it is intentional misinformation, but either way it can still be shown to be wrong.
..although I'm sure it's easier to just throw out accusations.

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
From a Doctor working in New York's Ground Zero. According to him the entire hospital has been converted for WuFlu/Wuhan400/COVID19 patients:
SORRY! Must be watched at vimeo:
vimeo.com/399733860

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Edit = returning Scorpio's precious bandwidth he says I've been wasting - should make it easier to delete all my posts & attachments in bulk...

Last edited:

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Sister-in-law living in Scottsdale has what her doctor calls a "mild" case, though she has been dealing with it for a week--coughing, congestion low fever, fatigue.

SC
I pray it stays mild and leaves her quickly. Best Wishes to her, you and yours.

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
That would be a personal attack. Besides, there are too many to name. There are plenty of members here whose main purpose is disinformation which favors the banking elite and you know it.
Paranoid much?

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
They're justifiably worried...
Yes. I'd be, I guess it is just the unknown. I wish they'd wholesale test and isolate, this is a feckin crap shoot!

Last edited:

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Paranoid much?
I knew a pair-a-noids they always hung around with the pair-a-docs.
"Just because you are paranoid does not mean the world is not out to get you".

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I knew a pair-a-noids they always hung around with the pair-a-docs.
"Just because you are paranoid does not mean the world is not out to get you".
That sounds like a pair-a-chute.

And two Mercury coins are a pair-a-dimes...

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
That sounds like a pair-a-chute.

And two Mercury coins are a pair-a-dimes...
The pair-a-noids and the pair-a-docs were fighting over the parachute which lead to a Pair-a-dime Shift.
:band player 4: :laughing:

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter