• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Corona Virus - COVID19 - Confirmed Case Thread.

How many infections do you have in your physical social network?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Zed

Rolling Silver Dice!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
OK... so we have 34 now.

Who voted 9? and how did it leap straight to that number?

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Get Quercetin as it helps get the zinc into the cells to stop the virus from replicating. Its works like hydroxychloroquine yet not as powerful.
I already got some. As soon as I started reading about the efficacy of a zinc ionosphore, I stated researching natural substances that would accomplish the same thing and found out that quercetin was in fact a zinc ionosphore, so I bought some.
Sorry about your friend getting it, but I'm glad to read some confirmation of what I suspected might help. Thanks for posting.

the_shootist

Trump 2020
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Quercetin...

Just ordered some along with zinc, thanks guys!

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

pay dirt

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Can you find out the dosage he was taking? TIA
It was 50mg Zinc once a day and 500mg Quercetin twice a day. Normal daily an adult should only take up to 15 mg of zinc as it occurs naturally in red meat, eggs, nuts and dairy without taking a supplement. If a person took 50 mg Zinc every day long term, it can damage kidneys and the stomach. Best to take it on a full stomach as an empty one likely makes a person feel like throwing up. Max zinc I take is 30mg as I get enough naturally in the diet.

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
I lost my sense of smell and taste some time back, some weeks ago, and feel a bit sluggish.

I just been doing my shit.

I can still get a boner.

:winter:

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
FB_IMG_1586015343771.jpg

Tecumseh

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Found out last week about two people that I know who have it. One has nearly recovered the other went on a ventilator a couple days ago. Certainly made the whole crisis feel different. Changed my vote from 0 to 2.

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
FB_IMG_1586449680620.jpg

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame

Silver

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Trump: "Get your shots". Trump is going to save us from tyranny about like Bill Gates will. We are locked down and under martial law by the great deceiver. He tells the 'deplorables' what they want to hear and does the opposite. Hell of fake wresting, circus barker, fake patriot president. Disband the federal government, central planning is a failure.

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame

Tecumseh

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Update. So I personally know two people who had it - one had symptoms, did not require hospitalization and is now fine. The other got very sick but came off the ventilator today and seems to be heading for a full recovery. To the best of my knowledge neither had underlying health conditions. 21 year old female and 49 year old male.

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
FB_IMG_1586559499985.jpg

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame

FoundingFathers

Founder
Founding Member
Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
My cousin and her husband had it and my entire family had it (likely got it from them before they knew). Hit my cousin's husband the hardest. He was in bed for 2 weeks - never went to hospital. Fever for a few days - bad back pain - pneumonia. He's mid 50's excellent health. Avid bike ride and competes and generally places in his age group in bike races.

My wife was in and out of bed for about a week and a half. Fever for 2 days but kept it down with Tylenol. My 23 year old son said it felt like a cold but other than sleeping more than usually he was able to function regularly. My 18 year old daughter felt no symptoms other than loss of taste.

Remarkably and thankfully I had no symptoms other than sleeping later than normal (I'm an early riser). I found myself waking up than going back to sleep for another hour or so. I do have type O- blood which apparently helps with immunity against the virus. I've also gotten myself in good shape over the last year. Dropped 45lbs while adding muscle. Take numerous supplements daily including at least 3,000mg Vit C, Zinc, Magnesium, Vit D, C3G and Curcumin.

Feels better to be on the other side of this.

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
C. S. Lewis’s words—written 72 years ago—ring with some relevance for us. Just replace “atomic bomb” with “coronavirus.”

"In one way we think a great deal too much of the atomic bomb. “How are we to live in an atomic age?” I am tempted to reply: “Why, as you would have lived in the sixteenth century when the plague visited London almost every year, or as you would have lived in a Viking age when raiders from Scandinavia might land and cut your throat any night; or indeed, as you are already living in an age of cancer, an age of syphilis, an age of paralysis, an age of air raids, an age of railway accidents, an age of motor accidents.”

In other words, do not let us begin by exaggerating the novelty of our situation. Believe me, dear sir or madam, you and all whom you love were already sentenced to death before the atomic bomb was invented: and quite a high percentage of us were going to die in unpleasant ways. We had, indeed, one very great advantage over our ancestors—anesthetics; but we have that still. It is perfectly ridiculous to go about whimpering and drawing long faces because the scientists have added one more chance of painful and premature death to a world which already bristled with such chances and in which death itself was not a chance at all, but a certainty.

This is the first point to be made: and the first action to be taken is to pull ourselves together. If we are all going to be destroyed by an atomic bomb, let that bomb when it comes find us doing sensible and human things—praying, working, teaching, reading, listening to music, bathing the children, playing tennis, chatting to our friends over a pint and a game of darts—not huddled together like frightened sheep and thinking about bombs. They may break our bodies (a microbe can do that) but they need not dominate our minds."

— “On Living in an Atomic Age” (1948)

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
FB_IMG_1586701160452.jpg

Oldmansmith

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Still dont know anybody with it, I'm getting suspicious. COVID supposedly stands for "coronavirus," which would make perfect sense if they had actually named other coronaviruses (SARS, MERS) in the same fashion.

I'm guessing that COVID stands for Certificate of Vaccination Identification.

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Government telling you straight to your face that the coronavirus deaths are a lie

CopperSilverGold

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Co-worker is on a ventilator and heart/bypass machine. He is youngish (40) and in very good shape. Friend lost his buddy. Another friend lost an uncle and his aunt is recovering. Another friend lost her brother-in-law. I used to wonder if this was all one big hoax, but these all happened in a one-week period and with people I have known for years.

Rusty Shackelford

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
I lost a co-worker today. Knew him 22 years. Admitted to ICU last Wednesday for pneumonia and sepsis...immediately placed on vent and was awaiting test results...never did hear the results but assuming....he retired 2.5 years ago but was still working with me as a private contractor on a side job. Had a lot of fun with him over the years even though mostly at work....gonna be missed...RIP Rick.

Rusty Shackelford

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Listening to Rush today and he went on about a YUGE statistic....he says that there have been about 65,000 hospitalization due to Covid in the US (so far). Last year there were almost 480,000 hospitalizations for influenza and not a peep about the facilities being overwhelmed. I believe he said there were 800,000 hospitalizations in 2012 and again no issues with demand. We have a long way to go before our hospitals are stretched too thin.

My wife is a critical nurse...she was called off one day last week for low patient load....was sent home early last night...next week she was scheduled for a cruise and had vacation time, but it was canceled. She told them she no longer needed the time off and they told her they were overstaffed as it was and they would not put her back on the schedule.

My friend died yesterday, so I know this is a real bug.....but the reality of the fear is not adding up.

Zed

Rolling Silver Dice!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
He's mid 50's excellent health. Avid bike ride and competes and generally places in his age group in bike races.
I would like to hear in a few weeks or months if he has any legacy from the disease or if he feels he is 100%.

Just curious. If possible.

glockngold

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
One of wife's coworkers has died of virus.
She was the "copy machine worker" at the branch university.
Mid 50's, overweight.

the_shootist

Trump 2020
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
The numbers are fake fake fake. The New York #'s alone are a joke

1587142807560.png

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Seems I believe posts on this board more than the BS they have been pushing.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/he...ptember-scientists-say/ar-BB12MPqU?ocid=ientp

Coronavirus Outbreak May Have Started as Early as September, Scientists Say

The coronavirus outbreak could have started as early as mid-September, and the Chinese city of Wuhan may not be where it began, a scientist looking at the origins of the disease has said.
© HECTOR RETAMAL/AFP via Getty Images A hotel worker disinfects the dining room of a hotel in Wuhan, China. The outbreak was first identified in the city and was linked to a seafood market following a cluster of cases at the end of last year.
Geneticist Peter Forster, from the U.K.'s University of Cambridge, is leading a research project to understand the historical processes that led to the COVID-19 pandemic. Ultimately, they hope to identify the first person who got the virus and served as the source for the initial outbreak. By analyzing networks, they have so far been able to chart the spread of the virus, including the genetic mutations, as it moved from China to Australia, Europe and the rest of the world.

They have created a network analysis using over 1,000 coronavirus genomes. This includes patient infection date and the "type" of virus the person was infected with. There are three types—A, B and C. A is closest to the coronavirus found in bats and is thought to be the original human virus genome. This type was found in Chinese and American individuals, with mutated versions in patients from Australia and the U.S.
However, A was not the virus type found in most cases in Wuhan, the city in China where COVID-19 was first identified. Instead, most people there had type B. Researchers suggest there was a "founder event" for type B in Wuhan. Type C, the "daughter" of type B, is what was identified in early cases in Europe, as well as South Korea, Singapore and Hong Kong—but appears absent from mainland China.

Based on the data Forster and his colleagues have collected, the coronavirus outbreak appears to have started between September 13 and December 7. "This assumes a constant mutation rate, which is admittedly unlikely to be the case, and the time estimate could therefore be wrong," he told Newsweek. "But it is the best assumption we can make at the moment, pending analysis of further patient samples stored in hospitals during 2019."
He said it is possible the outbreak did not originate in Wuhan, as until January 17, almost all the isolates were type B. In Guangdong, a province about 500 miles from Wuhan, seven of the 11 isolates were type A. "These case numbers are small because few genomes are available for the early stage of the outbreak, before the Chinese New Year travel pre-January 25 would have started mixing patterns up geographically," Forster said.
He and colleagues published research into their network in PNAS on April 8.
The first known coronavirus case has been traced back to November 17. According to a report in the South China Morning Post, government data shows a 55-year-old from the Hubei province, which Wuhan is the capital of, was the first known case of COVID-19.
It is thought the virus jumped from an animal—likely a bat—into humans at some point. When and where this happened is not known. In December, the first cluster of cases was traced back to a seafood market in Wuhan, leading some to suggest this is where the virus first emerged. But as we learn more about the virus, this version of events appears less likely. A study published in the Lancet showed some of the first people infected with the virus did not have direct contact with the market.

Click here for complete coronavirus coverage on the Microsoft News app on Windows 10, iOS and Android

Since these first cases at the end of last year, over two million people have been confirmed to have had COVID-19. According to Johns Hopkins University, it has spread to 185 countries and regions, with almost 150,000 deaths recorded.
Identifying the original source of the virus, Forster said, is necessary to ensure it does not happen again. Understanding the different types of virus and what role they play in the spread of COVID-19 is "one of the urgent questions to be looked at," he said.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Advice on Using Face Coverings to Slow Spread of COVID-19
  • CDC recommends wearing a cloth face covering in public where social distancing measures are difficult to maintain.
  • A simple cloth face covering can help slow the spread of the virus by those infected and by those who do not exhibit symptoms.
  • Cloth face coverings can be fashioned from household items. Guides are offered by the CDC.
  • Cloth face coverings should be washed regularly. A washing machine will suffice.
  • Practice safe removal of face coverings by not touching eyes, nose, and mouth, and wash hands immediately after removing the covering.
World Health Organization advice for avoiding spread of coronavirus disease (COVID-19)
Hygiene advice
  • Clean hands frequently with soap and water, or alcohol-based hand rub.
  • Wash hands after coughing or sneezing; when caring for the sick; before, during and after food preparation; before eating; after using the toilet; when hands are visibly dirty; and after handling animals or waste.
  • Maintain at least 1 meter (3 feet) distance from anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
  • Avoid touching your hands, nose and mouth. Do not spit in public.
  • Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or bent elbow when coughing or sneezing. Discard the tissue immediately and clean your hands.
Medical advice
  • Avoid close contact with others if you have any symptoms.
  • Stay at home if you feel unwell, even with mild symptoms such as headache and runny nose, to avoid potential spread of the disease to medical facilities and other people.
  • If you develop serious symptoms (fever, cough, difficulty breathing) seek medical care early and contact local health authorities in advance.
  • Note any recent contact with others and travel details to provide to authorities who can trace and prevent spread of the disease.
  • Stay up to date on COVID-19 developments issued by health authorities and follow their guidance.
Mask and glove usage
  • Healthy individuals only need to wear a mask if taking care of a sick person.
  • Wear a mask if you are coughing or sneezing.
  • Masks are effective when used in combination with frequent hand cleaning.
  • Do not touch the mask while wearing it. Clean hands if you touch the mask.
  • Learn how to properly put on, remove and dispose of masks. Clean hands after disposing of the mask.
  • Do not reuse single-use masks.
  • Regularly washing bare hands is more effective against catching COVID-19 than wearing rubber gloves.
  • The COVID-19 virus can still be picked up on rubber gloves and transmitted by touching your face.

Thecrensh

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Seems I believe posts on this board more than the BS they have been pushing.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/he...ptember-scientists-say/ar-BB12MPqU?ocid=ientp

Coronavirus Outbreak May Have Started as Early as September, Scientists Say

The coronavirus outbreak could have started as early as mid-September, and the Chinese city of Wuhan may not be where it began, a scientist looking at the origins of the disease has said.
© HECTOR RETAMAL/AFP via Getty Images A hotel worker disinfects the dining room of a hotel in Wuhan, China. The outbreak was first identified in the city and was linked to a seafood market following a cluster of cases at the end of last year.
Geneticist Peter Forster, from the U.K.'s University of Cambridge, is leading a research project to understand the historical processes that led to the COVID-19 pandemic. Ultimately, they hope to identify the first person who got the virus and served as the source for the initial outbreak. By analyzing networks, they have so far been able to chart the spread of the virus, including the genetic mutations, as it moved from China to Australia, Europe and the rest of the world.

They have created a network analysis using over 1,000 coronavirus genomes. This includes patient infection date and the "type" of virus the person was infected with. There are three types—A, B and C. A is closest to the coronavirus found in bats and is thought to be the original human virus genome. This type was found in Chinese and American individuals, with mutated versions in patients from Australia and the U.S.
However, A was not the virus type found in most cases in Wuhan, the city in China where COVID-19 was first identified. Instead, most people there had type B. Researchers suggest there was a "founder event" for type B in Wuhan. Type C, the "daughter" of type B, is what was identified in early cases in Europe, as well as South Korea, Singapore and Hong Kong—but appears absent from mainland China.

Based on the data Forster and his colleagues have collected, the coronavirus outbreak appears to have started between September 13 and December 7. "This assumes a constant mutation rate, which is admittedly unlikely to be the case, and the time estimate could therefore be wrong," he told Newsweek. "But it is the best assumption we can make at the moment, pending analysis of further patient samples stored in hospitals during 2019."
He said it is possible the outbreak did not originate in Wuhan, as until January 17, almost all the isolates were type B. In Guangdong, a province about 500 miles from Wuhan, seven of the 11 isolates were type A. "These case numbers are small because few genomes are available for the early stage of the outbreak, before the Chinese New Year travel pre-January 25 would have started mixing patterns up geographically," Forster said.
He and colleagues published research into their network in PNAS on April 8.
The first known coronavirus case has been traced back to November 17. According to a report in the South China Morning Post, government data shows a 55-year-old from the Hubei province, which Wuhan is the capital of, was the first known case of COVID-19.
It is thought the virus jumped from an animal—likely a bat—into humans at some point. When and where this happened is not known. In December, the first cluster of cases was traced back to a seafood market in Wuhan, leading some to suggest this is where the virus first emerged. But as we learn more about the virus, this version of events appears less likely. A study published in the Lancet showed some of the first people infected with the virus did not have direct contact with the market.

Click here for complete coronavirus coverage on the Microsoft News app on Windows 10, iOS and Android

Since these first cases at the end of last year, over two million people have been confirmed to have had COVID-19. According to Johns Hopkins University, it has spread to 185 countries and regions, with almost 150,000 deaths recorded.
Identifying the original source of the virus, Forster said, is necessary to ensure it does not happen again. Understanding the different types of virus and what role they play in the spread of COVID-19 is "one of the urgent questions to be looked at," he said.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Advice on Using Face Coverings to Slow Spread of COVID-19
  • CDC recommends wearing a cloth face covering in public where social distancing measures are difficult to maintain.
  • A simple cloth face covering can help slow the spread of the virus by those infected and by those who do not exhibit symptoms.
  • Cloth face coverings can be fashioned from household items. Guides are offered by the CDC.
  • Cloth face coverings should be washed regularly. A washing machine will suffice.
  • Practice safe removal of face coverings by not touching eyes, nose, and mouth, and wash hands immediately after removing the covering.
World Health Organization advice for avoiding spread of coronavirus disease (COVID-19)
Hygiene advice
  • Clean hands frequently with soap and water, or alcohol-based hand rub.
  • Wash hands after coughing or sneezing; when caring for the sick; before, during and after food preparation; before eating; after using the toilet; when hands are visibly dirty; and after handling animals or waste.
  • Maintain at least 1 meter (3 feet) distance from anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
  • Avoid touching your hands, nose and mouth. Do not spit in public.
  • Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or bent elbow when coughing or sneezing. Discard the tissue immediately and clean your hands.
Medical advice
  • Avoid close contact with others if you have any symptoms.
  • Stay at home if you feel unwell, even with mild symptoms such as headache and runny nose, to avoid potential spread of the disease to medical facilities and other people.
  • If you develop serious symptoms (fever, cough, difficulty breathing) seek medical care early and contact local health authorities in advance.
  • Note any recent contact with others and travel details to provide to authorities who can trace and prevent spread of the disease.
  • Stay up to date on COVID-19 developments issued by health authorities and follow their guidance.
Mask and glove usage
  • Healthy individuals only need to wear a mask if taking care of a sick person.
  • Wear a mask if you are coughing or sneezing.
  • Masks are effective when used in combination with frequent hand cleaning.
  • Do not touch the mask while wearing it. Clean hands if you touch the mask.
  • Learn how to properly put on, remove and dispose of masks. Clean hands after disposing of the mask.
  • Do not reuse single-use masks.
  • Regularly washing bare hands is more effective against catching COVID-19 than wearing rubber gloves.
  • The COVID-19 virus can still be picked up on rubber gloves and transmitted by touching your face.
Not surprising at all...

Scorpio

Hunter of Chin Li's Boo Hoo Flu
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
they finally got around to testing a rest home of Alzheimer patients,

6 confirmed cases, 1 sent to hospital, 5 without symptoms
2 of them were workers coming and going as needed

one was my MIL, and I wrote 6 weeks ago that they told the FIL he could no longer visit in order to prevent such a occurrence,

yeah, that worked real well

EricTheCat

An ant on a hill.
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
It turns out that the first covid-19 death in my county was the pastor that spoke at my friend's mom's funeral years ago. He was the first confirmed case in the county.

chris_is_here

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Trump: "Get your shots". Trump is going to save us from tyranny about like Bill Gates will. We are locked down and under martial law by the great deceiver. He tells the 'deplorables' what they want to hear and does the opposite. Hell of fake wresting, circus barker, fake patriot president. Disband the federal government, central planning is a failure.
So, why is the Establishment so desperate to dump him? The entire MSM is out to get him.

Rusty Shackelford

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
I lost a co-worker today. Knew him 22 years. Admitted to ICU last Wednesday for pneumonia and sepsis...immediately placed on vent and was awaiting test results...never did hear the results but assuming....he retired 2.5 years ago but was still working with me as a private contractor on a side job. Had a lot of fun with him over the years even though mostly at work....gonna be missed...RIP Rick.
Damn bad week for my friend's family...just found out that his brother (age 61) passed away from Covid today.