• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Corona Virus - COVID19 - Confirmed Case Thread.

How many infections do you have in your physical social network?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
46 total now! Down from 54....

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
With the age of lots of people here over 50 (cough cough) I would think the majority would know some in their 80's. and in Ohio that age is responsible for half the deaths... and our numbers are still so low.......... either this is a hoax, new math to you are a bunch of anti social bastards! (meant in the nicest way possible)

Scorpio

Hunter of Chin Li's Boo Hoo Flu
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
told you I knew of one, a MIL that was in a Alzheimer home,

well, she is now a dead, so add yet another to the list of trapped older people residing supervised care seeing the end of times.

but, it is a good thing. This has been going on for years now, and the poor gal had no idea of who she was or where she was but the heart kept on tickin'.

along with the constant never ending toll it has taken on that family maybe will finally sunset, and they can finally say 'bye for now'

or course they will chalk another up for the chin li boo hoo flu, but alas, I seriously doubt it. There was no hospital care, no ventilators and all that jazz, just gone.

the world lost a little light force today

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Midas Supporter

well, she is now a dead, so add yet another to the list of trapped older people residing supervised care seeing the end of times.

but, it is a good thing. This has been going on for years now, and the poor gal had no idea of who she was or where she was but the heart kept on tickin'.

along with the constant never ending toll it has taken on that family maybe will finally sunset, and they can finally say 'bye for now'

or course they will chalk another up for the chin li boo hoo flu, but alas, I seriously doubt it. There was no hospital care, no ventilators and all that jazz, just gone.

Condolences and may you all find peace.

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++

Sorry for your loss Scorp

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
My sincere condolences Scorp and your family

an update on my daughter out in Washington

she went in today for her last test , this one for covid 19 antibodies

well guess what?

no antibodies so they told her that she never had it

ok

well now she has to put her life back together after living like she had leprosy for the las what , 60 days

there is no doubt in our minds this entire covid deal is a hoax

also talked to my son in the pharma industry and he said he looked at some numbers and one report was saying 90 some percent of the deaths were elderly people 70 and above with preexisting conditions

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Well here is some bullshit to digest.

This just came out for my town and county.

F29B2417-4D06-4D86-8FA0-1D24B46AD4E0.jpeg

So now the subjects are quarantined in town for the next 14 days

The superintendent is in hot water for keeping the school job open when it was not “essential”.

Some residents are saying that if they get sick they are going to sue the school.

Our town is populated by mostly elderly folks , probably over 50% of the population which is about 200

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
That really sucks, good luck spinalcracker.

Yup, lots of old folk there.........

That superintendent is a dick, always has been.

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
That really sucks, good luck spinalcracker.

Yup, lots of old folk there.........

That superintendent is a dick, always has been.
thanks neighbor

the liquor store just posted they will be closed for a 14 day quarantine but the store , gas station , bank , and restaurant are still open as of today the bank being walk up only and cafe has carry out orders only

yea the superintendent is a tool for sure , guess who’s office is the biggest in the new school building?
he wants the new school to be named Frammel High School

one of the school board members said there will be no need for a hazmat cleanup , just the industrial cleaning they do before grand opening

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
The liquor store owner is my closest neighbors nephew.......small world. Dont trust that school board, they have blood on their hands, Howard and those kids that had to go to eads because they wouldnt let them in. What a waste......

I bet they are glad im not around anymore, id have to put up signs, like before.

Fuckers........... thats why I left, couldnt take it anymore, esp after 'the raid'.

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
47 cases known about from 89 voting participants.

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
47 cases known about from 89 voting participants.
So far the infected US population is about 0.36% of the total population. If this is accurate it would imply that the 89 voting GIMers know an average of about 147 people each to have reported the infection rate recorded here.

Sound plausible to you?

Tecumseh

Silver Member
Silver Miner
I reported two that I know tested positive but do not know of anyone who has died from the disease. I often ask people when the topic comes up in conversation if they know of anyone who has died from it and have yet to meet someone who can answer yes. I'm a CPA so I talk to a fair amount of people. I would have thought by now that I would know someone personally who has died from it but I don't.

Tecumseh

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Oddly enough spoke to a client today who knows two people who died from it. I wouldn't call this hearsay - one was his cousin and the other was the spouse of another cousin. Both in CO - sounded like one of them was elderly and had health issues the other did not. I also found out yesterday that three of my wife's cousins in Chicago had it (all same family). One required hospitalization the other two did not. All recovered. The client I spoke with is married and his wife is in the pharmaceutical industry. She doesn't think a vaccine will be around within 2 years at the earliest. She says it takes time to develop, test, etc. Guess that is common sense. She is worried about a second wave in late fall - thinks too many people are letting their guard down. Who knows?

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Spoke with many others today...... 15 or so. No one knows anyone but a few said they know someone that thinks they had it last year or early this year.

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter

condolences sir been thru several in the family know exactly how it goes.......since most of these older patience's end up dieing of pneumonia at least in my family...was your MIL a tested and confirmed case? or a symphtom diagnosed case?

Scorpio

Hunter of Chin Li's Boo Hoo Flu
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
supposedly test ttaz,

they said she had it, gone a few days later,
no hospital, no ventilator, no nothing,
only symptom was a reluctance to eat,
yet that had been going on for awhile

She is worried about a second wave in late fall - thinks too many people are letting their guard down. Who knows?
I have never had my guard up to be honest,
and I am really taking this hard,
realizing the lunacy I am seeing, the chastising those who won't follow the propaganda, the abject willingness to lay down and give up their freedom, corporations acting like it is the wild wild west and they rule the roost as they run like hell from the oncoming rush of lawsuits,

the stats have proven me right, with even my dying from it not changing my mind even a little

Tecumseh

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Spoke to my client today who recovered. He was discharged a little over 4 weeks ago. He says he is doing that Murph challenge and is working up to it. His Country Club has some kind of member's only spring golf outing. He signed up for it and didn't get a response. So he called this weekend and the golf pro told him that for the safety of the other members he is not welcome at the outing. He can use the course but can't attend social events for another month or so. I hate what the virus has done to our society as much as the disease.

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Study: Asymptomatic Coronavirus Patients Could Be Contagious For Shorter Period
A new study of COVID-19 patients in China revealed that 42% of patients who presented no symptoms were contagious for less time than those showing symptoms.
“Although patients who were asymptomatic experienced less harm to themselves, they may have been unaware of their disease and therefore not isolated themselves or sought treatment, or they may have been overlooked by health care workers and thus unknowingly transmitted the virus to others,” wrote researchers at Wuhan University in China, where the outbreak was first discovered.

For the study, which was published in the Journal of the American Medical Association, 78 patients had COVID-19. The patients without symptoms had the antibodies for only eight days compared to those with symptoms who were sick for 19 days.

“Close contacts of patients with COVID-19 should be closely monitored to avoid secondary transmission,” the authors wrote.

https://www.newsmax.com/us/coronavirus-covid-asymptomatic-contagious/2020/05/27/id/969311/

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

mtnman

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
I found this at another site...

For all you mask wearers (especially those of you who think wearing it outside is NOT stupid ‍♀️). I know I’m about to burst your “google doctor degree” bubble, but here goes nothing.
So Masks?
I am OSHA 10&30 certified. I know some of you are too. I don’t really know WHY OSHA hasn’t come forward and stopped the nonsense BUT I want to cover 3 things
• N95 masks and masks with exhale ports
• surgical masks
• filter or cloth masks
Okay, so upon further inspection, OSHA says some masks are okay and not okay in certain situations.
If you’re working with fumes and aerosol chemicals and you give your employees the wrong masks and they get sick, you can be sued.
• N95 masks: are designed for CONTAMINATED environments. That means when you exhale through N95 the design is that you are exhaling into contamination. The exhale from N95 masks are vented to breath straight out without filtration. They don’t filter the air on the way out. They don’t need to.
Conclusion: if you’re in Target and the guy with Covid has a N95 mask, his Covid breath is unfiltered being exhaled into Target (because it was designed for already contaminated environments, it’s not filtering your air on the way out).
• Surgical Mask: these masks were designed and approved for STERILE environments. The amount of particles and contaminants in the outside and indoor environments where people are CLOGGING these masks very, VERY quickly. The moisture from your breath combined with the clogged mask will render it “useless” IF you come in contact with Covid and your mask traps it, YOU become a walking virus dispenser. Everytime you put your mask on you are breathing the germs from EVERYWHERE you went. They should be changed or thrown out every “20-30 minutes in a non sterile environment.”
• Cloth masks: I can’t even believe I’m having to explain this, but here it goes. Today, three people pointed to their masks as they walked by me entering Lowe’s. They said “ya gotta wear your mask BRO” I said very clearly “those masks don’t work bro, in fact they MAKE you sicker” they “pshh’d” me. By now hopefully you all know CLOTH masks do not filter anything. You mean the American flag one my aunt made? Yes. The one with sunflowers that looks so cute? Yes. The bandanna, the cut up t-shirt, the scarf ALL of them offer NO FILTERING whatsoever. As you exhale, you are ridding your lungs of contaminants and carbon dioxide. Cloth masks trap this carbon dioxide the best. It actually risks your health, rather than protect it. The moisture caught in these masks can become mildew ridden over night. Dry coughing, enhanced allergies, sore throat are all symptoms of a micro-mold in your mask.
-Ultimate Answer:
*N95 blows the virus into the air from a contaminated person.
*The surgical mask is not designed for the outside world and will not filter the virus upon inhaling through it. It’s filtration works on the exhale, (Like a vacuum bag, it only works one way) but likely stops after 20 minutes, rendering it useless outside of a STERILE ENVIRONMENT (correct Becky, they don’t work in a bar, not even a little bit).
*Cloth masks are WORSE than none. It’s equivalent to using a chain link fence to stop mosquitos.
The CDC wants us to keep wearing masks. The masks don’t work. They’re being used to provide false comfort and push forward a specific agenda. For the love of God, research each mask’s designed use and purpose, I bet you will find NONE are used in the way of “viral defense.”
Just like EVERY Flu season kids, wash your hands. Sanitize your hands. Don’t touch stuff. Sanitize your phone. Don’t touch people. And keep your distance. Why? Because your breath stinks, your deodorant is failing, your shoes are old and stink, that shirts not clean, & I like my space. Trust me I can hear you from here. Lots of reasons to keep your distance and work on body hygiene. But trust me, the masks do not work.
*Occupational Safety & Hazard Association sited.
The top American organization for safety.
They regulate and educate asbestos workers, surgical rooms, you name it.
I know, facts suck. They throw a wrench into the perfectly (seeming) packaged pill you are willingly swallowing. Facts make you have to form your OWN OPINION, instead of regurgitating someone else’s, and I know how uncomfortable that makes a lot of you. If your mask gives you security, by all means wear it. Just know it is a false sense of security and you shouldn’t shame anyone into partaking in such “conspiracies.”
If select politicians stopped enforcing it, no one would continue this nonsense. Don’t drink the kool-aid."

CopperSilverGold

Silver Member
Silver Miner
I found this at another site...

For all you mask wearers (especially those of you who think wearing it outside is NOT stupid ‍♀️). I know I’m about to burst your “google doctor degree” bubble, but here goes nothing.
So Masks?
I am OSHA 10&30 certified. I know some of you are too. I don’t really know WHY OSHA hasn’t come forward and stopped the nonsense BUT I want to cover 3 things
• N95 masks and masks with exhale ports
• surgical masks
• filter or cloth masks
Okay, so upon further inspection, OSHA says some masks are okay and not okay in certain situations.
If you’re working with fumes and aerosol chemicals and you give your employees the wrong masks and they get sick, you can be sued.
• N95 masks: are designed for CONTAMINATED environments. That means when you exhale through N95 the design is that you are exhaling into contamination. The exhale from N95 masks are vented to breath straight out without filtration. They don’t filter the air on the way out. They don’t need to.
Conclusion: if you’re in Target and the guy with Covid has a N95 mask, his Covid breath is unfiltered being exhaled into Target (because it was designed for already contaminated environments, it’s not filtering your air on the way out).
• Surgical Mask: these masks were designed and approved for STERILE environments. The amount of particles and contaminants in the outside and indoor environments where people are CLOGGING these masks very, VERY quickly. The moisture from your breath combined with the clogged mask will render it “useless” IF you come in contact with Covid and your mask traps it, YOU become a walking virus dispenser. Everytime you put your mask on you are breathing the germs from EVERYWHERE you went. They should be changed or thrown out every “20-30 minutes in a non sterile environment.”
• Cloth masks: I can’t even believe I’m having to explain this, but here it goes. Today, three people pointed to their masks as they walked by me entering Lowe’s. They said “ya gotta wear your mask BRO” I said very clearly “those masks don’t work bro, in fact they MAKE you sicker” they “pshh’d” me. By now hopefully you all know CLOTH masks do not filter anything. You mean the American flag one my aunt made? Yes. The one with sunflowers that looks so cute? Yes. The bandanna, the cut up t-shirt, the scarf ALL of them offer NO FILTERING whatsoever. As you exhale, you are ridding your lungs of contaminants and carbon dioxide. Cloth masks trap this carbon dioxide the best. It actually risks your health, rather than protect it. The moisture caught in these masks can become mildew ridden over night. Dry coughing, enhanced allergies, sore throat are all symptoms of a micro-mold in your mask.
-Ultimate Answer:
*N95 blows the virus into the air from a contaminated person.
*The surgical mask is not designed for the outside world and will not filter the virus upon inhaling through it. It’s filtration works on the exhale, (Like a vacuum bag, it only works one way) but likely stops after 20 minutes, rendering it useless outside of a STERILE ENVIRONMENT (correct Becky, they don’t work in a bar, not even a little bit).
*Cloth masks are WORSE than none. It’s equivalent to using a chain link fence to stop mosquitos.
The CDC wants us to keep wearing masks. The masks don’t work. They’re being used to provide false comfort and push forward a specific agenda. For the love of God, research each mask’s designed use and purpose, I bet you will find NONE are used in the way of “viral defense.”
Just like EVERY Flu season kids, wash your hands. Sanitize your hands. Don’t touch stuff. Sanitize your phone. Don’t touch people. And keep your distance. Why? Because your breath stinks, your deodorant is failing, your shoes are old and stink, that shirts not clean, & I like my space. Trust me I can hear you from here. Lots of reasons to keep your distance and work on body hygiene. But trust me, the masks do not work.
*Occupational Safety & Hazard Association sited.
The top American organization for safety.
They regulate and educate asbestos workers, surgical rooms, you name it.
I know, facts suck. They throw a wrench into the perfectly (seeming) packaged pill you are willingly swallowing. Facts make you have to form your OWN OPINION, instead of regurgitating someone else’s, and I know how uncomfortable that makes a lot of you. If your mask gives you security, by all means wear it. Just know it is a false sense of security and you shouldn’t shame anyone into partaking in such “conspiracies.”
If select politicians stopped enforcing it, no one would continue this nonsense. Don’t drink the kool-aid."
Link? I would love to share this with some of the sheeple who are scared of their own shadow. Thank you

mtnman

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling

mtnman

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
1595251447855.png

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
I know for a fact (live there) that in France you don't/can't get "tested" unless you're hospitaliized... so there are NO figures for those who got a "mild case" and did NOT get hospitalized. There's no "testing booth" anywhere around where I live...

On the other hand, in Germany, you can get tested EASILY. Therefore they have a much LOWER "Case Fatality Rate"...

Can't compare apples to oranges...

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Used to live in Florida where my wife made many friends in the Latino community.
One of her friends, her brother & mother got Covid19. The mother has just died.
Another friend's mother is in a coma & just got unplugged...

Since Covid19 is AIRBORNE, masks do appear to make sense - especially in places like Florida where there's A/C EVERYWHERE, just recirculating the SAME AIR (home, office, shop, restaurant, bus, train, car, cab, airport etc...) I DO remember that in one of the Cruise Ships, they found LIVE Covid19 in the A/C ducts SEVENTEEN DAYS AFTER the last passengers & crew had left the ship... That "proved" to me that Covid19 is "airborne" long before it was "announced". Not just "big droplets when you cough or sneeze".

Have been wearing a mask for all confined activities (shopping etc.) - but not so strictly when outdoors with a few individuals.

And I regularly (daily) take my "Covid19 Stay Away From Me Prevention Witches' Brew" - to (hopefully) make my body an "unpleasant environment" for the virus' reproduction & multiplication.

- Aspirin (post-mortem autopsies show that victims' blood coagulated in organs, veins & arteries)
- Quinine (small dose = Indian Tonic Water)
- Vitamins (B, C, D, E & Multi with supplements, & Zinc) - over 90% of critical cases have low vitamin D levels, & the Chinese had some success with (massive) vitamin C injections - have heard that zinc prevents virus from multiplying...

Anybody wanting to do the same should check for contra-indications & side effects...

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Used to live in Florida where my wife made many friends in the Latino community.
One of her friends, her brother & mother got Covid19. The mother has just died.
Another friend's mother is in a coma & just got unplugged...

Since Covid19 is AIRBORNE, masks do appear to make sense - especially in places like Florida where there's A/C EVERYWHERE, just recirculating the SAME AIR (home, office, shop, restaurant, bus, train, car, cab, airport etc...) I DO remember that in one of the Cruise Ships, they found LIVE Covid19 in the A/C ducts SEVENTEEN DAYS AFTER the last passengers & crew had left the ship... That "proved" to me that Covid19 is "airborne" long before it was "announced". Not just "big droplets when you cough or sneeze".

Have been wearing a mask for all confined activities (shopping etc.) - but not so strictly when outdoors with a few individuals.

And I regularly (daily) take my "Covid19 Stay Away From Me Prevention Witches' Brew" - to (hopefully) make my body an "unpleasant environment" for the virus' reproduction & multiplication.

- Aspirin (post-mortem autopsies show that victims' blood coagulated in organs, veins & arteries)
- Quinine (small dose = Indian Tonic Water)
- Vitamins (B, C, D, E & Multi with supplements, & Zinc) - over 90% of critical cases have low vitamin D levels, & the Chinese had some success with (massive) vitamin C injections - have heard that zinc prevents virus from multiplying...

Anybody wanting to do the same should check for contra-indications & side effects...
If I DO come down with "symptoms", this is what I'll ADD to my "Witches' Brew" =
- Ibuprofen (Advil - anti-inflammatory)
- Anti-biotic (Amoxicillin or Azithromicin)
- Inhalations of Eucalyptus & Chamomile ( steam inhaler, or put in pot of boiling water, towel over head, don't burn yourself, inhale)

... all 3x daily

Last edited:

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
If I DO come down with "symptoms", this is what I'll ADD to my "Witches' Brew" =
- Ibuprofen (Advil - anti-inflammatory)
- Anti-biotic (Amoxicillin or Azithromicin)
- Inhalations of Eucalyptus & Chamomile (put in pot of boiling water, towel over head, inhale)
... all 3x daily
How many people are out and about there now?

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
How many people are out and about there now?
Everybody is out & about in France - but masks are required for ALL INDOOR BUSINESSES, PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION & MEETINGS/EVENTS... or else 135E ($150) fine.

Mid June, went to visit daughter & grand-daughter in Denmark with my camper... Stopped in Luxembourg to buy my tobacco 4x cheaper, crossed Germany, entered Denmark (whose borders were closed to tourists) with an affidavit that my daughter lives there. With my daughter, we drove to Sweden to look at house purchases one day. Early July drove back the same way.

Denmark had VERY FEW cases thanks to closing its borders, even though almost nobody wears masks.
In Sweden we were the only ones wearing masks, even though Sweden did NO ACTION for Covid, and has a high(ish) level of cases.
Germany didn't do lockdowns, but instead massive testing since the beginning.

It's summer vacation in France, and a lot of city folk are going to the tourist beach destinations, where "clusters" have been growing.

I live in a small city in the boonies, with no tourist destinations and not on the roads towards tourist destinations. In my "county" (departement) of 330.000, there have been a total of 130 cases and less than 10 deaths since the beginning.

But we've been wearing masks & using hand sanitizer since February, anyways, in our late 60's... And my "witches' brew", haha! No need to become an "asymptomatic carrier/spreader" either...

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
55 cases known of by 99 people so far.

I still don't know of anyone who has had it!

Avalon

Lawn Protected by Guns Of Avalon
Platinum Bling
I know a lot because I work in a hospital. My Daughter had COVID the first week of quarantine and aside from the ER medical help was impossible to get.. We managed at home. I have two friends who caught it. One caught it in a nursing home and one does maintenance at the hospital and caught it there. He nearly lost his life and was on vent for weeks. He is now recovering in a rehabilitation center. We had a huge outbreak in the step down COVID unit where they are much more casual with precautions then the intensive care COVID unti. There were 7 on that floor alone. The real slap in the face is we have been told by management it is basically impossible to catch COVID from a patient. That our epidemic of employees who have it either caught it outside the hospital or they caught it from other employees in the break room. This of course means if you get sick you don't get paid.