• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Corona Virus - COVID19 - Confirmed Case Thread.

How many infections do you have in your physical social network?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
With the age of lots of people here over 50 (cough cough) I would think the majority would know some in their 80's. and in Ohio that age is responsible for half the deaths... and our numbers are still so low.......... either this is a hoax, new math to you are a bunch of anti social bastards! (meant in the nicest way possible)

Scorpio

Hunter of Chin Li's Boo Hoo Flu
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
told you I knew of one, a MIL that was in a Alzheimer home,

well, she is now a dead, so add yet another to the list of trapped older people residing supervised care seeing the end of times.

but, it is a good thing. This has been going on for years now, and the poor gal had no idea of who she was or where she was but the heart kept on tickin'.

along with the constant never ending toll it has taken on that family maybe will finally sunset, and they can finally say 'bye for now'

or course they will chalk another up for the chin li boo hoo flu, but alas, I seriously doubt it. There was no hospital care, no ventilators and all that jazz, just gone.

the world lost a little light force today

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Midas Supporter

well, she is now a dead, so add yet another to the list of trapped older people residing supervised care seeing the end of times.

but, it is a good thing. This has been going on for years now, and the poor gal had no idea of who she was or where she was but the heart kept on tickin'.

along with the constant never ending toll it has taken on that family maybe will finally sunset, and they can finally say 'bye for now'

or course they will chalk another up for the chin li boo hoo flu, but alas, I seriously doubt it. There was no hospital care, no ventilators and all that jazz, just gone.

Condolences and may you all find peace.

the_shootist

Trump 2020
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++

Sorry for your loss Scorp

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
My sincere condolences Scorp and your family

an update on my daughter out in Washington

she went in today for her last test , this one for covid 19 antibodies

well guess what?

no antibodies so they told her that she never had it

ok

well now she has to put her life back together after living like she had leprosy for the las what , 60 days

there is no doubt in our minds this entire covid deal is a hoax

also talked to my son in the pharma industry and he said he looked at some numbers and one report was saying 90 some percent of the deaths were elderly people 70 and above with preexisting conditions

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Well here is some bullshit to digest.

This just came out for my town and county.

F29B2417-4D06-4D86-8FA0-1D24B46AD4E0.jpeg

So now the subjects are quarantined in town for the next 14 days

The superintendent is in hot water for keeping the school job open when it was not “essential”.

Some residents are saying that if they get sick they are going to sue the school.

Our town is populated by mostly elderly folks , probably over 50% of the population which is about 200

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
That really sucks, good luck spinalcracker.

Yup, lots of old folk there.........

That superintendent is a dick, always has been.

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
That really sucks, good luck spinalcracker.

Yup, lots of old folk there.........

That superintendent is a dick, always has been.
thanks neighbor

the liquor store just posted they will be closed for a 14 day quarantine but the store , gas station , bank , and restaurant are still open as of today the bank being walk up only and cafe has carry out orders only

yea the superintendent is a tool for sure , guess who’s office is the biggest in the new school building?
he wants the new school to be named Frammel High School

one of the school board members said there will be no need for a hazmat cleanup , just the industrial cleaning they do before grand opening

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
The liquor store owner is my closest neighbors nephew.......small world. Dont trust that school board, they have blood on their hands, Howard and those kids that had to go to eads because they wouldnt let them in. What a waste......

I bet they are glad im not around anymore, id have to put up signs, like before.

Fuckers........... thats why I left, couldnt take it anymore, esp after 'the raid'.

Zed

Rolling Silver Dice!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
47 cases known about from 89 voting participants.
So far the infected US population is about 0.36% of the total population. If this is accurate it would imply that the 89 voting GIMers know an average of about 147 people each to have reported the infection rate recorded here.

Sound plausible to you?

Tecumseh

Silver Member
Silver Miner
I reported two that I know tested positive but do not know of anyone who has died from the disease. I often ask people when the topic comes up in conversation if they know of anyone who has died from it and have yet to meet someone who can answer yes. I'm a CPA so I talk to a fair amount of people. I would have thought by now that I would know someone personally who has died from it but I don't.

Tecumseh

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Oddly enough spoke to a client today who knows two people who died from it. I wouldn't call this hearsay - one was his cousin and the other was the spouse of another cousin. Both in CO - sounded like one of them was elderly and had health issues the other did not. I also found out yesterday that three of my wife's cousins in Chicago had it (all same family). One required hospitalization the other two did not. All recovered. The client I spoke with is married and his wife is in the pharmaceutical industry. She doesn't think a vaccine will be around within 2 years at the earliest. She says it takes time to develop, test, etc. Guess that is common sense. She is worried about a second wave in late fall - thinks too many people are letting their guard down. Who knows?

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Spoke with many others today...... 15 or so. No one knows anyone but a few said they know someone that thinks they had it last year or early this year.

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter

condolences sir been thru several in the family know exactly how it goes.......since most of these older patience's end up dieing of pneumonia at least in my family...was your MIL a tested and confirmed case? or a symphtom diagnosed case?

Scorpio

Hunter of Chin Li's Boo Hoo Flu
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
supposedly test ttaz,

they said she had it, gone a few days later,
no hospital, no ventilator, no nothing,
only symptom was a reluctance to eat,
yet that had been going on for awhile

She is worried about a second wave in late fall - thinks too many people are letting their guard down. Who knows?
I have never had my guard up to be honest,
and I am really taking this hard,
realizing the lunacy I am seeing, the chastising those who won't follow the propaganda, the abject willingness to lay down and give up their freedom, corporations acting like it is the wild wild west and they rule the roost as they run like hell from the oncoming rush of lawsuits,

the stats have proven me right, with even my dying from it not changing my mind even a little

Tecumseh

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Spoke to my client today who recovered. He was discharged a little over 4 weeks ago. He says he is doing that Murph challenge and is working up to it. His Country Club has some kind of member's only spring golf outing. He signed up for it and didn't get a response. So he called this weekend and the golf pro told him that for the safety of the other members he is not welcome at the outing. He can use the course but can't attend social events for another month or so. I hate what the virus has done to our society as much as the disease.

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Study: Asymptomatic Coronavirus Patients Could Be Contagious For Shorter Period
A new study of COVID-19 patients in China revealed that 42% of patients who presented no symptoms were contagious for less time than those showing symptoms.
“Although patients who were asymptomatic experienced less harm to themselves, they may have been unaware of their disease and therefore not isolated themselves or sought treatment, or they may have been overlooked by health care workers and thus unknowingly transmitted the virus to others,” wrote researchers at Wuhan University in China, where the outbreak was first discovered.

For the study, which was published in the Journal of the American Medical Association, 78 patients had COVID-19. The patients without symptoms had the antibodies for only eight days compared to those with symptoms who were sick for 19 days.

“Close contacts of patients with COVID-19 should be closely monitored to avoid secondary transmission,” the authors wrote.

https://www.newsmax.com/us/coronavirus-covid-asymptomatic-contagious/2020/05/27/id/969311/