• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Corona Virus - COVID19 - Confirmed Case Thread.

How many infections do you have in your physical social network?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame

Thecrensh

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Changed my vote to 6 - some friends down the street are Beer Flu Positive...mild symptoms, and they're in their 40s. Active, but overweight. I don't know of any co-morbidities.

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
I don't know of any co-morbidities.
IMO many people don't know they have issues until they meet a challenge, then it's a bit late, it is what it is. I think this is the reason behind most of the young deaths from COVID, they where not that great to start with but it was masked by youth.

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
If you have some cutting torches turn on the oxygen low and point it at your face from a foot away. It will increase your oxygen level and helps get rid of migraine headaches in minutes. Old welders trick.
I bought an O2 concentrator. I'll have it tomorrow. Tried buying one back in early Feburary when it was first starting, but because of the wuflu f'ing up shipping from overseas, I never got it and put off trying to order another one because right after I ordered it, the price jumped up on it.
It really pissed me off, as the one I ordered specifically said, "ships from USA", but then was told by the seller that it was actually coming from China and they said it was stuck in customs. Then they cancelled the order and refunded my money.
I can't prove it, but what I think happened was that once the price jumped up, they no longer wanted to sell it for the lower price I had been charged. It went from $240 to $350.

My GF and her son came down with COVID symptoms a few weeks back; both were tested, both came up negative. Don't fear...be unafraid. Might just be the late summer cold that seems to be going around in my area.
Maybe, but I've never had a cold do to me what this did. I'm in pretty good shape, have a resting heart rate of about 57, not overweight at all and am physically active far more than most people.
....but this had me thinking that if it didn't start getting better quick, that I'd soon be headed to the hospital. I had 10 out of the 14 symptoms listed here. Shortness of breath being the worst one. That"s the main one they say to seek medical help if you have it.
https://www.webmd.com/lung/covid-19-symptoms

Down to 4 of the symptoms today. Between yesterday and today I hacked up a ton of crap out of my lungs. That's slowing too. I believe that what I took for it really helped a lot.

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Thanks.

It's a "we won't sell it to Australia" item!

{sigh}
That particular seller might not, but there's lots of other ones on there.
....and I think they all work about the same.

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
That particular seller might not, but there's lots of other ones on there.
....and I think they all work about the same.
Yeah I found a few on the local Amazon site... no brands I recognize. Research needed!

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Yeah I found a few on the local Amazon site... no brands I recognize. Research needed!
I'd never heard of the brand of the one I bought either.
....but it seems to be working ok. My O2 level is now 97%

Agavegirl1

Silver Miner
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
There is all kinds of stuff going around right now including seasonal influenza. I have something as of today. Temp is only 100 right now and I am obviously typing on the computer. I am in quarantine (self imposed) at the moment. I have already voted in person absentee on the 21st.

Stop Making Cents

Silver Miner
Seeker
I've been deemed essential so i go into work everyday while others have been permanently teleworking since March, which means we who are in the workplace get to do the bulk of the work while the teleworkers sit at home and watch tv and watch their kids. It's a great deal for them.

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
There is all kinds of stuff going around right now including seasonal influenza. I have something as of today. Temp is only 100 right now and I am obviously typing on the computer. I am in quarantine (self imposed) at the moment. I have already voted in person absentee on the 21st.
Covid eradicated influenza but don't worry. The survival rate of Covid is ~99%, same as influenza (what a coincidence). It's a miracle! Get better soon!!

D-FENZ

Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Last weekend, my wife and 5 of her college friends and several of their spouses met at one of their lake houses in the Ozarks for a social meetup. I didn't go along because there is nothing worse for me than being around the 'wokeness' of a couple of them, especially so close to Tuesday's election. Anyway, while they were there, the 'wokest' one's son called her (he lives with her but was not at the soiree) and informed her that he had tested positive. On Saturday she started feeling ill and left. By Wednesday (yesterday), most of the attendees, including my wife had all tested positive. The crazy thing is that more than half of the attendees (including my wife) are doctors, nurses or some other sort of medical professional. Most wear a mask most of the time because of work or whatever but deem it unnecessary when around friends- go figure.

Wife is 54, very fit and is showing few signs of distress- light, dry cough and mild muscle soreness but nothing major other than her angst about the whole deal. At first she thought it necessary to wear a mask around the house but that idea went away almost immediately... Others in the group are experiencing varying symptoms, some severe but mostly commensurate with their otherwise general health and fitness.

Anyway, long story longer... No symptoms for me so far but the incubation period is probably expiring soon. The only 'therapies' we are taking are vitamin D and zinc supplements, nothing else. Oh, and social distancing. That's not much of a change- been married a long time... I'll report any new developments as they occur.

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Last weekend, my wife and 5 of her college friends and several of their spouses met at one of their lake houses in the Ozarks for a social meetup. I didn't go along because there is nothing worse for me than being around the 'wokeness' of a couple of them, especially so close to Tuesday's election. Anyway, while they were there, the 'wokest' one's son called her (he lives with her but was not at the soiree) and informed her that he had tested positive. On Saturday she started feeling ill and left. By Wednesday (yesterday), most of the attendees, including my wife had all tested positive. The crazy thing is that more than half of the attendees (including my wife) are doctors, nurses or some other sort of medical professional. Most wear a mask most of the time because of work or whatever but deem it unnecessary when around friends- go figure.

Wife is 54, very fit and is showing few signs of distress- light, dry cough and mild muscle soreness but nothing major other than her angst about the whole deal. At first she thought it necessary to wear a mask around the house but that idea went away almost immediately... Others in the group are experiencing varying symptoms, some severe but mostly commensurate with their otherwise general health and fitness.

Anyway, long story longer... No symptoms for me so far but the incubation period is probably expiring soon. The only 'therapies' we are taking are vitamin D and zinc supplements, nothing else. Oh, and social distancing. That's not much of a change- been married a long time... I'll report any new developments as they occur.
Thanks for the feedback D, wishing your wife a speedy recovery!

D-FENZ

Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
It just occurred to us to check my wife's temperature. The best we have at the house is a digital infrared temp gun. Her forehead temperatures consistently read 97.1 F. Mine, the control temp reads 91.1 so she is running a few degrees hot. She does report that her mouth feels a bit tingly but still retains her sense of taste and smell. As to her sense of humor though- it is completely gone. She doesn't take well to the 'pew-pew' noises I make when taking her readings.

Thinking I might have to hide the weapons...

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Have her drink a shot of crown royal. The, get her to drink another. Then you drink one.

Compare your temperatures.

then drink more.

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Have her drink a shot of crown royal. The, get her to drink another. Then you drink one.

Compare your temperatures.

then drink more.
Rinse then repeat

CHEERS!

1604611334554.png

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
It just occurred to us to check my wife's temperature. The best we have at the house is a digital infrared temp gun. Her forehead temperatures consistently read 97.1 F. Mine, the control temp reads 91.1 so she is running a few degrees hot. She does report that her mouth feels a bit tingly but still retains her sense of taste and smell. As to her sense of humor though- it is completely gone. She doesn't take well to the 'pew-pew' noises I make when taking her readings.

One of the tell tale signs are a temperature. It seems neither one of you have one unless you don't trust the digital temp gun.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
One of the tell tale signs are a temperature
I never had any fever with mine. Severe shortness of breath was my big one.
...and based on what I've been reading about it, that's currently the number one symptom that people who come down with it are reporting.

The only 'therapies' we are taking are vitamin D and zinc supplements, nothing else.
See post #303.
I took 5 grams of it per day along with the zinc and 10,000iu of vit D and my worst symptoms went away by the third day. The rest of the time was like having a bad cold that improved each day.

Here's a rundown of how my symptoms progressed. It came on really quick, but started going away just as quick.

Started feeling like I might be catching a cold on a Wednesday, by Thursday morning knew I had something, by Thursday night I was getting bad, Friday morning I couldn't take a deep enough breath to blow my nose right and had blood o2 levels down to 91% with a resting heart rate over 100. My normal resting h/r ranges between 55 and low 60's. Friday night I figured if it didn't start getting better soon, I would be hospital bound. 91% o2 is pretty bad.

I started taking the quercetin, zinc, vitD combo on Thursday. By Saturday night I could breath almost normally again. So I can't help but to think that it had to have helped.

The following week all my other symptoms showed improvement each day. At its worst, I had 10 of the 14 most common symptoms.

Oh, and I also took mucinex expectorant (the 1200mg one) and was coughing stuff up out of my lungs by the mouthful. (Sorry for the gross visual)

I also read that it may not be a good idea to take a cough suppressant like robitussin, as it (dxm) supposedly can increase ace2 receptor sites. Whether that's true or not, I have no real idea, but based on what I read, I refrained from taking any.
...and I also figured that if I wanted to get the gunk out of my lungs, suppressing my cough was not the way to go. I coughed so much and so hard that after the first few days my abs were aching from it, but I got that crap out of my lungs. Lol

Oh, one more thing. My strangest symptom while I was sick was intense and very vivid, colorful dreams everytime I slept. The kind of dreams I normally do not have. They started when I first got sick. I originally thought they didn't have anything to do with it, that it was just because I wasn't getting good deep sleep, but have since read quite a bit about other people reporting similar things. So who knows. Maybe that's what caused it, maybe not. Just thought I'd mention it to see if anyone else who gets it, has a similar experience.

All in all, I'd say it was worse than any cold or flu I've ever had. The shortness of breath and wheezing was kinda scary when it was at its worst on Friday night, as I've never experienced that before. Had lots of colds over the years, including ones with chest congestion, but nothing like how this thing made me feel.

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++

Voodoo

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter

Those aren't accurate enough. The ones designed for temps have a button to switch to items with a much broader range and your forehead will be much cooler on that setting. If you can find one well worth the cost.

Voodoo

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I never had any fever with mine. Severe shortness of breath was my big one.
...and based on what I've been reading about it, that's currently the number one symptom that people who come down with it are reporting.

See post #303.
I took 5 grams of it per day along with the zinc and 10,000iu of vit D and my worst symptoms went away by the third day. The rest of the time was like having a bad cold that improved each day.

Here's a rundown of how my symptoms progressed. It came on really quick, but started going away just as quick.

Started feeling like I might be catching a cold on a Wednesday, by Thursday morning knew I had something, by Thursday night I was getting bad, Friday morning I couldn't take a deep enough breath to blow my nose right and had blood o2 levels down to 91% with a resting heart rate over 100. My normal resting h/r ranges between 55 and low 60's. Friday night I figured if it didn't start getting better soon, I would be hospital bound. 91% o2 is pretty bad.

I started taking the quercetin, zinc, vitD combo on Thursday. By Saturday night I could breath almost normally again. So I can't help but to think that it had to have helped.

The following week all my other symptoms showed improvement each day. At its worst, I had 10 of the 14 most common symptoms.

Oh, and I also took mucinex expectorant (the 1200mg one) and was coughing stuff up out of my lungs by the mouthful. (Sorry for the gross visual)

I also read that it may not be a good idea to take a cough suppressant like robitussin, as it (dxm) supposedly can increase ace2 receptor sites. Whether that's true or not, I have no real idea, but based on what I read, I refrained from taking any.
...and I also figured that if I wanted to get the gunk out of my lungs, suppressing my cough was not the way to go. I coughed so much and so hard that after the first few days my abs were aching from it, but I got that crap out of my lungs. Lol

Oh, one more thing. My strangest symptom while I was sick was intense and very vivid, colorful dreams everytime I slept. The kind of dreams I normally do not have. They started when I first got sick. I originally thought they didn't have anything to do with it, that it was just because I wasn't getting good deep sleep, but have since read quite a bit about other people reporting similar things. So who knows. Maybe that's what caused it, maybe not. Just thought I'd mention it to see if anyone else who gets it, has a similar experience.

All in all, I'd say it was worse than any cold or flu I've ever had. The shortness of breath and wheezing was kinda scary when it was at its worst on Friday night, as I've never experienced that before. Had lots of colds over the years, including ones with chest congestion, but nothing like how this thing made me feel.
The vivid dreams definitely seems to be a definitive symptom. Very interesting effect.

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame

D-FENZ

Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Those aren't accurate enough. The ones designed for temps have a button to switch to items with a much broader range and your forehead will be much cooler on that setting. If you can find one well worth the cost.
Understood. But I'm using what I have available. The infrared temp gun I have seems to be quite accurate and repeatable. I only used it as a comparison between my and my wife's forehead temperatures. With the ambient temperature being the same and both of us having nearly identical skin tones, the differences between our constant (and repeatable) forehead temperature readings tells us that hers is 6 degrees warmer than mine. Nothing more. Our actual body temperatures are most certainly higher and there is nothing scientific about our readings but the differences seem to be a reasonable proxy to us for our purposes.

An update on our condition; Wife's temperature is dropping and she is feeling somewhat better, though still some body aches and generally still feeling a bit 'puny'. I am still showing no symptoms whatsoever. If my symptoms are to appear I would expect them to develop by earlier today or tomorrow at the very latest, based on her incubation period.

She is digg'n me doing all of the cooking and serving though. So this may well drag on longer than it should...

Oh, one more thing. My strangest symptom while I was sick was intense and very vivid, colorful dreams everytime I slept. The kind of dreams I normally do not have.
I read that zinc causes vivid dreams...
The zinc supplements that I have been taking must explain my vivid dreams as well. Normally, I never dream or at least ever remember them. When Joe mentioned vivid dreams I immediately thought that I must have it too because of some of my vivid dreams recently which is quite unusual. But Goldhedge's post may explain that with the relationship between dreams and zinc supplements.
Thanks guys.

Voodoo

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I read that zinc causes vivid dreams...

as does magnesium
I've been taking Magnesium for some time and I don't think it's made any difference on my dreams. Vivid dreams generally mean a deep sleep. Mg does help a person sleep so perhaps if they were sleep deprived and started on some Mg they are finally getting some deep sleep that they were not before.

glockngold

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter

D-FENZ

Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Holy bejesus, I hope you mean 6 tenths, not 6 degrees
It was 6 degrees. But that was with the infrared gun. Again, figuring slippage or what have you compared to my, presumably normal 'control' temperature. Her temperature has normalized now relative to mine. And she is feeling much better now.

Still no symptoms for me.

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Where the F' was that at? Those cops look like they coulda used some backup.
....and a belt fed machine gun. Lol
South America protesting china lockdowns.

chieftain

Gold Chaser
CNN/Bloomberg are saying Mark Meadows has tested positive for Mexican beer virus.