• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Corona Virus News & Info

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
You mean like this?

FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. —
Fayetteville Mayor Lioneld Jordan declared a State of Emergency for the city Friday morning. This means all city-hosted meetings and events are postponed until further notice

No, I mean the opposite of that silly

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
The media is blaming the stock market crash on the virus and also pretty much the shutdown of the US.. How are they going to spin this on Trump come election time?
They already are. Go watch the Rose Garden announcement and POTUS fielding questions from the true reporters compared to the butt-hurt questions from FAKE NEWS.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
All public schools in the county are closed for 2 weeks. The ramifications are going to be hell.
The irony here in Central KY is there is not one child found to be suffering the Wuflu/Wuhan400/Covid 19 yet the schools are shutting down here too for THREE weeks minimum.

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
All public schools in the county are closed for 2 weeks. The ramifications are going to be hell.
Next the gov cuts checks to all parents to help with the mess. Already adding money to EBT cards so those parents can feed their kids lunch or some shit. So they get debt cards for food but then the kids go to school for free food and when they don't get the free handouts at school have to give the parents more money for food? WTF. Why have kids if you cant afford to feed them?

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Meals are available to all students. I've two grandlings in the system and their parentals don't let them eat that crap but so many other parents rely on the meals.
Then there is the issue of child care. Going to be a long 2 weeks.

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Edit = returning Scorpio's precious bandwidth he says I've been wasting - should make it easier to delete all my posts & attachments in bulk...

Last edited:

SongSungAU

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Case fatality rate is calculated by dividing the number of deaths from a specified disease over a defined period of time by the number of individuals diagnosed with the disease during that time; the resulting ratio is then multiplied by 100 to yield a percentage.

Case fatality rates are not constant; they can vary between populations and over time, depending on the interplay between the causative agent of disease, the host, and the environment as well as available treatments and quality of patient care.
source: https://www.britannica.com/science/case-fatality-rate

The rate will change as time passes. The actual rate will not be known until the crisis is over. This is a snapshot of the situation thus far:

dr200314.jpg

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Edit = returning Scorpio's precious bandwidth he says I've been wasting - should make it easier to delete all my posts & attachments in bulk...

Last edited:

SongSungAU

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Remember - they ARE NOT TESTING unless you're at "death's door"... Very unreliable figures.
And many MORE deaths may have been "catalogued" as from "Flu" or "Pneumonia" and NOT LISTED... without testing...
True. However, of the cases they have confirmed, I would be more alarmed if it looked like this:

1584191695373.png

If the percentage begins to spiral upward, I will get my things in order and prepare for the end. Until then, I am not paying attention to any of the talking heads in the media.

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling

Last edited:

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
".
IF they ALL come down sick, who will be left to "take over"? - NOBODY. (and with school closures, half of them will be reporting absent already...)
Easy does it.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling

Last edited:

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
I follow the new "meme" #StayTheFuckHome.
When I & wifey go anywhere, we wear dust masks & vinyl gloves once we leave the car.
At the local big hospital, blood sample lab, drug store, NO MASKS & NO GLOVES for ANY of the personnel - admissions desk, nurses, EMTs, doctors, pharmacists... all "naked" against any "contamination".
When they ALL come down sick, who will be left to "take over"? - NOBODY. (and with school closures, half of them will be reporting absent already...)
Like when one goes into surgery the masks are NOT to prevent the patient from infecting the medical staff. The mask and gloves are to keep the medical staff from infecting the patient and the open wound.
Most people have the situation Bassackwards.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling

Last edited:

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling

Last edited:

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
okay, modify to "if/when" if it suits you - I'm always ready to "compromise" in order to get a point across...
You're point was well taken.

"When gold goes to $5000oz"

"If gold goes to $5000oz"

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Half the people in the waiting room at the blood sample lab were coughing... Happy to be wearing mask & gloves myself... Pity the personnel WITHOUT...
Understandable as you were obviously in an unfriendly environment.
I'd be taking a shot of EIS when I got home from a place like that too. Jus' Sayin'

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling

Last edited:

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling

Last edited:

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling

Last edited:

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Think Tank Complains “Coronavirus Is Killing Globalization as We Know It”
By Paul Joseph Watson
"The founder of a globalist think tank has written an article for Foreign Policy in which he complains that the coronavirus outbreak is “killing globalization as we know it.”

Philippe Legrain, founder of the Open Political Economy Network (OPEN) says that the spread of COVID-19 “has been a gift to nativist nationalists and protectionists.”
Legrain argues that coronavirus could be “the nail in the coffin for the current era of globalization” because it has “highlighted the downsides of extensive international integration while fanning fears of foreigners and providing legitimacy for national restrictions on global trade and flows of people.”
He adds that the crisis will have a lasting impact on undermining America’s reliance on international supply chains and provide “political fodder for nationalists who favor greater protectionism and immigration controls.”
“The coronavirus crisis threatens to usher in a less globalized world,” concludes Legrain. “Once the pandemic and panic abate, those who believe that openness to people and products from around the world is generally a good thing will need to make the case for it in fresh and persuasive ways.”
Foreign Policy is published by The Washington Post Company (now Graham Holdings Company) and has a distinctly globalist bias.
Legrain’s point that coronavirus has provided legitimacy for restrictions of flows of people is borne out by the fact that countries like Russia and Singapore, which imposed strong border controls to stop COVID-19 back in January, have largely escaped the worst of pandemic."....

More here: https://summit.news/2020/03/13/thin...virus-is-killing-globalization-as-we-know-it/

oldgaranddad

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling

Last edited:

Alton

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
So, today I get emails from the gas company, my credit union and vitamin supplier telling me how I can deal with the cv and what they're doing to facilitate continued business transactions. Sheesh!

the_shootist

Trump 2020
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++

the_shootist

Trump 2020
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
So, today I get emails from the gas company, my credit union and vitamin supplier telling me how I can deal with the cv and what they're doing to facilitate continued business transactions. Sheesh!
Yep, my spam box is chock full of virus protection advice and what they're doing to help deal with the 'crisis' in their own business from every vendor I've ever dealt business with, and they keep on coming

Aurumag

Ag mirror of truth Aurum purity of mind
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Yea, or they could call for the guys in hazmat suits driving a little white box truck and haul you away to quarantine. Lol

Try it! Let us know which way it goes.
No kidding!

I have been coughing for two weeks, but I fear that a hospital visit may turn me into a quarantined guinea pig.

I would much prefer to allow my immune system to do the work.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
No kidding!

I have been coughing for two weeks, but I fear that a hospital visit may turn me into a quarantined guinea pig.

All hospitals do anyway is help your body recover itself. Well in theory....cause as you say they're pretty good at helping your body die too!

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
No kidding!

That's all good, long as you don't need extra O2 in order to make it. That's what hospitals have that's hard to get at home. 40 liters of O2/minute.
....but hopefully you won't need that.

stAGgering

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Nothing is wrong, all fake scare tactics.
Just like Sandy Hook, same people playing dead, on cruise ships, and traveling.
Netherlands PM knows truth, "Kids can not catch this virus or transmit it. Schools must not close."
Time to go to a group sauna weekend experience.
Or maybe that geriatric gym class you keep skipping.
Nah, I'm going to the rave and going to ecstasy out with everyone !!

BREAKING! STATES CLOSING DOWN - DAYS UNTIL FULL ISOLATION

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
40 liters of O2/minute.
Your doctor can give you a prescription for O2, or a machine that concentrates oxygen out of the atmosphere. Jus' Sayin'