• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Corona Virus News & Info

Aurumag

Ag mirror of truth Aurum purity of mind
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Your doctor can give you a prescription for O2, or a machine that concentrates oxygen out of the atmosphere. Jus' Sayin'
Thankfully, I can still get plenty of O2 from the air I breathe.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Screenshot_20200314-172640.png

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
coronavirus outbreak is “killing globalization as we know it.”
So there is a silver lining to this afterall!

Your doctor can give you a prescription for O2, or a machine that concentrates oxygen out of the atmosphere. Jus' Sayin'
Will they write that 'script prior to the patient actually needing it?
Ie:so that when you first start getting sick, you can self treat at home in order to hopefully avoid getting to the point where it becomes obvious to a third party (your doctor) that you need it in order to survive?

Also, are there enough of these machines and tanks of O2 for everyone who might need one?

Someone_else

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
An O2 concentrator is a machine that inhales air that is 80% nitrogen and 19% oxygen, and it passes the air over a bed that absorbs nitrogen. It expels the nitrogen and the other gas is mostly oxygen. It's very nice. I have seen models that provide 3 liters per minute up to 5 liters per minute. I highly recommend one for anyone who needs supplemental oxygen.

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
so that when you first start getting sick, you can self treat at home in order to hopefully avoid getting to the point where it becomes obvious to a third party (your doctor) that you need it in order to survive?
Well, in that case there is always Craigs List.

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
An O2 concentrator is a machine that inhales air that is 80% nitrogen and 19% oxygen, and it passes the air over a bed that absorbs nitrogen. It expels the nitrogen and the other gas is mostly oxygen. It's very nice. I have seen models that provide 3 liters per minute up to 5 liters per minute. I highly recommend one for anyone who needs supplemental oxygen.
Yea, I know about 'em. Take a look at 'em on amazon. They've all gone up in price by 50-100% in the past Month.

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Yea, I know about 'em. Take a look at 'em on amazon. They've all gone up in price by 50-100% in the past Month.
I bought one of these for my brother 5 years ago for $499...

Philips Respironics EverFlo Oxygen Concentrator Bundle - 5 LPM

they are on sale for $985

CC9EB1EB-71E8-49B5-81B4-F775A28D28C1.jpeg

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I bought one of these for my brother 5 years ago for $499...

Philips Respironics EverFlo Oxygen Concentrator Bundle - 5 LPM

they are on sale for $985

View attachment 157493
A Month ago there were a bunch of 'em in the $250-350 range. Now the same ones are in the $350-650 range.

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Edit = returning Scorpio's precious bandwidth he says I've been wasting - should make it easier to delete all my posts & attachments in bulk...

Last edited:

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Edit = returning Scorpio's precious bandwidth he says I've been wasting - should make it easier to delete all my posts & attachments in bulk...

Last edited:

Strawboss

Apocaloptimist
Site Mgr
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

the_shootist

Trump 2020
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Total outcomes - 79785
Total deaths - 5830
% of deadly outcomes - 5830/ 79785 = 7.3%
Question, if they say they don't have enough test kits to test everyone, and many people are never getting tested, how can this data be anywhere close to being accurate? How do they know if there are 79785 outcomes or 797,850 outcomes? Bad or incomplete data is worse than no data. Garbage in, garbage out!

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling

Last edited:

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling

Last edited:

the_shootist

Trump 2020
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
... (and will remain so...)
The answer is simple, it can't; but whatever they are saying on the teevee is taken as gospel by the masses anyway because people figure " would the authorities and the alphabet health orgs lie to us?" Well, you have to ask yourself, have they ever lied to us before?

Nothing travels like fear!
Food for thought.

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Question, if they say they don't have enough test kits to test everyone, and many people are never getting tested, how can this data be anywhere close to being accurate?
Good question. My answer would be that we should assume that the numbers of dead and recovered are mostly from the 1 in 5 that needed medical care. If that is the case, that would take the death rate down to a little under 2%
A lot better than 7.3%, but still pretty bad. Ie: that means a rate that's "only" 20 times worse than regflu.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
... (and will remain so... without testing everybody... and with accurate test kits...)
Which to Shooters point, means these numbers are basically meaningless!

the_shootist

Trump 2020
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
The line at the service desk of every super market in the country within the next few weeks comprised of people returning TP will be epic

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
The line at the service desks of every super market in the country within the next few weeks comprised of people returning TP will be epic
"Sorry, all sales final" "No refunds"

SongSungAU

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Total outcomes - 79785
Total deaths - 5830
Total "outcomes"
???
The virus crisis isn't over so what does "outcome" mean?

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

the_shootist

Trump 2020
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Total "outcomes"
???
None of this virus bovine excrement makes sense but to attempt to answer your question... I believe that 'outcomes' number is supposed to represent the combined number of people diagnosed with Wuflu who have died and who have recovered so far

Last edited:

Buck

Village Idiot
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

SongSungAU

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
The number of those who recovered isn't even known yet.

SongSungAU

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
But tomorrow you might not be dead, you might just be serious.
:-)

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Total "outcomes"
???
Deaths and recovered are running totals of those known to have a final outcome.
That's what ya gotta look at. Final outcome.

The number of those who recovered isn't even known yet.
The number of those needing medical care is most certainly known. So look at those numbers of deaths and recovered as coming from the 20% who needed medical care.
Ie: it still gives a death rate of just under 2%, or in other words, 20 times worse than the regflu.

SongSungAU

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Total outcomes - 79785
Total deaths - 5830

1584242682619.png

According to Encyclopedia Britannica, the case fatality rate is 3.7% when the number of cases is 156,396 and the deaths are 5,833.

Case fatality rate, also called case fatality ratio, in epidemiology, the proportion of people who die from a specified disease among all individuals diagnosed with the disease over a certain period of time. Case fatality rate typically is used as a measure of disease severity and is often used for prognosis (predicting disease course or outcome), where comparatively high rates are indicative of relatively poor outcomes.

Case fatality rate is calculated by dividing the number of deaths from a specified disease over a defined period of time by the number of individuals diagnosed with the disease during that time; the resulting ratio is then multiplied by 100 to yield a percentage.
source: https://www.britannica.com/science/case-fatality-rate+

The rate will continue to change until the crisis is over.

Last edited:

the_shootist

Trump 2020
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
The number of those needing medical care is most certainly known. So look at those numbers of deaths and recovered as coming from the 20% who needed medical care.
Ie: it still gives a death rate of just under 2%, or in other words, 20 times worse than the regflu.
Bogus data. Not everyone who comes down with the regflu needs hospitalization and certainly not everyone who comes down with the regflu gets to be part of a government statistic. These numbers are incomplete at best and totally bullcrap at worst

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling

Last edited:

SongSungAU

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Charts are known to say whatever the creator of the charts want them to say.

The number of deaths divided by the number of confirmed cases = the fatality rate according to Encyclopedia Britannica.

As of the current numbers provided, that ratio is 3.7% world wide (only 1.9% for the U.S. currently [approximately 11:50pm on 3/14/2020]).

Last edited: