• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Corona Virus News & Info

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Bogus data. Not everyone who comes down with the regflu needs hospitalization and certainly not everyone who comes down with the regflu gets to be part of a government statistic. These numbers are incomplete at best and totally bullcrap at worst
So, your opinion is... "Forget About It" ??? Sounds like The Sopranos... (Tony's dead, btw, right?) ;)

My wife & I are close to our 70's... Our adult daughter is on immune suppressants for Krohn's disease... We'd rather do some "prevention"...

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Bill Gates and UN held Simulated Coronavirus Pandemic Conference in Oct 2019

the_shootist

Trump 2020
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
So, your opinion is... "Forget About It" ??? Sounds like The Sopranos... (Tony's dead, btw, right?) ;)

My wife & I are close to our 70's... Our adult daughter is on immune suppressants for Krohn's disease... We'd rather do some "prevention"...
You're putting words in my mouth. I never said forget about it. I never said not to be diligent. I'm questioning the accuracy of the numbers. I've posted here in a number of threads everyone should do what they think is right for themselves and their families.(look it up!)

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
You're putting words in my mouth. I never said forget about it. I never said not to be diligent. I'm questioning the accuracy of the numbers. I've posted here in a number of threads everyone should do what they think is right for themselves and their families.(look it up!)
No hard feelings... ;)
The dilemma is that those are the ONLY "numbers" we have to TRY to get informed...

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
@ 9PM Saturday night, France just announced that as of midnight, ALL BARS & CAFES & RESTAURANTS will be CLOSED until further notice. As well as ALL NON-ESSENTIAL PUBLIC PLACES (museums, schools, sports events...)... but they're still going ahead with the elections of Town Mayors this Sunday & next Sunday...
I wouldn't want to be one of the "volunteer paper ballot counters"... or "ID checkers"...

Edit
Also closing ALL stores except grocers and gas stations and pharmacies..

Last edited:

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Bogus data. Not everyone who comes down with the regflu needs hospitalization and certainly not everyone who comes down with the regflu gets to be part of a government statistic. These numbers are incomplete at best and totally bullcrap at worst
So what's wrong with viewing them as the ~20% that the healthcare system would in fact have good numbers on?
Figure it as though the number of recovered is 4 times larger in order to account for the ~80% we may not know about.

The number of deaths divided by the number of confirmed cases = the fatality rate according to Encyclopedia Britannica.
Problem with that is that many of those cases are recently diagnosed and a percentage of them will in fact end up in the death category.

If you want to compare deaths to active cases, compare it to the number of cases two weeks ago.

Strawboss

Apocaloptimist
Site Mgr
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
My question still remains unanswered
You are correct in that we are working with incomplete data.

But - its all we have to work with...

When doing polling - a sufficient sample size is necessary in order to get a result that is representative...usually you need about 1000 or so results in order to somewhat accurately "poll" and get a result that is +/- 3.5% or so...

We have close to 100K in terms of "outcomes"...far in excess of what a typical "poll" would use as a sample size...

But - your original point is well taken. We are dealing with incomplete information - much of which came from China - where we can have zero confidence in the numbers reported.

But - it does seem to make sense to me to keep an eye on how the outcomes are panning out...

the_shootist

Trump 2020
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
No hard feelings... ;)
The dilemma is that those are the ONLY "numbers" we have to TRY to get informed...
I'm not offended. I'm 66 and my adult son, who had non Hodgkin's lymphoma as a teen, and was treated with chemo and radiation to cure him, has a severely compromised immune system as a result. My family has risks similar to yours and many others out there dacrunch. All I'm saying is not to allow incomplete numbers and inaccurate tests to strike fear in our hearts.

Last edited:

the_shootist

Trump 2020
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
You are correct in that we are working with incomplete data.

But - its all we have to work with...

When doing polling - a sufficient sample size is necessary in order to get a result that is representative...usually you need about 1000 or so results in order to somewhat accurately "poll" and get a result that is +/- 3.5% or so...

We have close to 100K in terms of "outcomes"...far in excess of what a typical "poll" would use as a sample size...

But - your original point is well taken. We are dealing with incomplete information - much of which came from China - where we can have zero confidence in the numbers reported.

But - it does seem to make sense to me to keep an eye on how the outcomes are panning out...
Agreed 100%. This is the message I hope to convey in using the term 'be diligent'. We also must not let the media and the data we have make us lose sight of the fact that, realistically, we have no idea how, or even if, this virus is affecting our society from a health perspective. We can however; see the downstream affects in the supermarkets and the financial meltdown it's causing. I am totally convinced there is more here than meets the eye when it comes to the way the world is handling this issue.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I'm not offended. I'm 66 and my adult son, who had non Hodgkin's lymphoma as a teen, and was treated with chemo and radiation to cure him, has a severely compromised immune system as a result. My family has risks similar to yours and many others DC. All I'm saying is not to allow incomplete numbers and inaccurate tests to strike fear in our hearts.
Didn't someone say the only thing we have to fear is fear itself?

gnome

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
The problem with Italy is they weren't frightened enough. Thought they could keep the nightclubs and soccer stadiums open. Now TSIHTF.
Oops.

the_shootist

Trump 2020
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Yeah but he turned out to be a leftist, communist bastard who sent our boys to die in another MIC funded war back in the early 40's. That being said I like the spirit of your post and agree 100% with the premise

Last edited:

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
1584282013647.png

SongSungAU

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Case fatality rate is calculated by dividing the number of deaths from a specified disease over a defined period of time by the number of individuals diagnosed with the disease during that time; the resulting ratio is then multiplied by 100 to yield a percentage.

Case fatality rates are not constant; they can vary between populations and over time, depending on the interplay between the causative agent of disease, the host, and the environment as well as available treatments and quality of patient care.
source: https://www.britannica.com/science/case-fatality-rate

The rate will change as time passes. The actual rate will not be known until the crisis is over. This is a snapshot of the situation thus far:

dr200315.jpg

arminius

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
^ Note that the only solution to this GRAVE PROBLEM is more globalism, which is needed to solve the problem.

Anyone else believe this is the reason for this particular season.

And of course, the globalist trolls here are running with it like mad, spouting all kinds of numbers which have no verification, no accurate testing, no proof needed.

The fact that the population is going nuts IMHO just demonstrated the control they have achieved utilizing psychologic mass control methods.

Hell these morons cannot even prove a thing such as a virus exists, tho they would like to scare the bejeebers out of us with their lies.

All this demonstrates is the effectiveness of the cartoon.

Last edited:

Strawboss

Apocaloptimist
Site Mgr
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Talking to a good friend of mine who is from India.

The entire country is being locked down. People are being told to work from home. Bars, theatres, functions all shut down. Not even allowed to have get togethers beyond immediate family...

Slums in India are on lockdown - no one allowed in or out.

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Talking to a good friend of mine who is from India.

The entire country is being locked down. People are being told to work from home. Bars, theatres, functions all shut down. Not even allowed to have get togethers beyond immediate family...

Slums in India are on lockdown - no one allowed in or out.
medical Marshall Law

Aurumag

Ag mirror of truth Aurum purity of mind
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
WTF !!! Am I misunderstanding science ? Gates says at 14:30............... that we must bring CO2 DOWN TO ZERO ! What are the plants going to breathe? They breathe CO2 & EXHALE O2, WE BREATHE O2, what am I missing, what is their plan? :make happy::blew up:

ErrosionOfAccord

#1 Global Warmer
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHRG

martial.

I suck at spelling, really I do. If not for spellcheck I would look like a common idiot. Oddly, a lot of posters here exchange Marshall for martial. I dunno why that particular mistake grates my nerves.

Someone care to pick apart my syntax?

Buck

Village Idiot
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
spelling nazi...

LOL

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
^ Note that the only solution to this GRAVE PROBLEM is more globalism, which is needed to solve the problem.

Anyone else believe this is the reason for this particular season.

And of course, the globalist trolls here are running with it like mad, spouting all kinds of numbers which have no verification, no accurate testing, no proof needed.

The fact that the population is going nuts IMHO just demonstrated the control they have achieved utilizing psychologic mass control methods.

Hell these morons cannot even prove a thing such as a virus exists, tho they would like to scare the bejeebers out of us with their lies.

All this demonstrates is the effectiveness of the cartoon.
I think the situation calls for just the opposite of globalization.

SongSungAU

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHRG

martial.

I suck at spelling, really I do. If not for spellcheck I would look like a common idiot. Oddly, a lot of posters here exchange Marshall for martial. I dunno why that particular mistake grates my nerves.

Someone care to pick apart my syntax?
Not to be confused with marital.

Lt Dan

Gold Pirate
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
If we don't comply to martial law..., then when the Marshall comes for us we will probably..., ah crap, just all be dyslexic.

Sometimes the English language really sucks.

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
If we don't comply to martial law..., then when the Marshall comes for us we will probably..., ah crap, just all be dyslexic.

Sometimes the English language really sucks.
Was hard for me to understand the names for the usage when I was being taught them. In conversation, I knew what the words were being used as. Run Spot, run. Did I spell that correctly?

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Was talking to friend on the phone and got a beep with a message from Google saying, help stop the Coronavirus, do the 5. I feel like I'm in kindergarten.

Screenshot_20200315-124118.png

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
This is for information, as there is definitely something(sum-ting) going on and is about to have effect upon all.
The virus info is far beyond mask and swimming goggle debates.
Am I freaked out? Absolutely not.
However, the average person out there who does not know, who will only know when everybody else finds out....
They are my primary concern in regards to my safety, and supply of any and all consumed.
Prime example... people are going to see and hear this one as corporation steps ahead of govt.

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopoliti...s-all-flights-china-virus-spreads-middle-east

But, it is all about money if you read between the lines.
All clean and helpful info please, and best to all of you and yours.

*** Sad to say... Zerohedge has removed and replaced the article posted this morning with a diluted distraction infused article.
COVID-19 Update; 3/14/2020. A Message From Concerned Physicians
https://medium.com/@hjluks/covid-19...essage-from-concerned-physicians-33d00b88eefd

oldgaranddad

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
I'm surprised the NY political machine actually admitted to this.

Assembly members Charles Barron, Helene Weinstein have coronavirus
https://nypost.com/2020/03/14/assembly-members-charles-barron-helene-weinstein-have-coronavirus/

Fully expect this number to grow as the week progresses, especially from the NYC contingent.

This made me laugh....

The statehouse and Legislative Office Building will undergo “an intensive cleaning,” Gov. Cuomo and Heastie said in a joint press release Saturday night.
Intelligent, independent voters (not party sheep) have been trying to do this for years.

brosil

Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Ohio government looking at closing all bars and restaurants.

oldgaranddad

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
A couple of the fast food chains have already floated the idea of closing dining rooms and offering drive-through only.

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
A couple of the fast food chains have already floated the idea of closing dining rooms and offering drive-through only.
Unless they have all robotic workers, you can still get spit on yer burger ! :make happy::oriental:

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I gotta go to the VA tomorrow.

They are going to check me out (thermometer/questions) before I even get past the main gate. And they park your car for you.

So my steering wheel now has a temp throwaway plastic-cover so I do not inherit a parking attendant "vector".

I will have exam gloves on, and remove/discard the wheel-cover when I get out of the horsepistol. While in there, I touch nuffin', and I stay 6 feet from everybody including the doc. This checkup is routine, and has to be done... I cannot skip it.

I'll be good for another year.

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Midas Supporter

They are going to check me out (thermometer/questions) before I even get past the main gate. And they park your car for you.

So my steering wheel now has a temp throwaway plastic-cover so I do not inherit a parking attendant "vector".

I will have exam gloves on, and remove/discard the wheel-cover when I get out of the horsepistol. While in there, I touch nuffin', and I stay 6 feet from everybody including the doc. This checkup is routine, and has to be done... I cannot skip it.

Keys, shifter and handles could use a wipe down.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

I'd have to write that down to make sure I didn't mess anything up.