• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Corona Virus News & Info

the_shootist

Trump 2020
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Little Rock Mayor Frank Scott announcedtoday there will be a mandatory curfew from 12am (midnight) to 5am effective Wednesday night. Curfew does not apply to people working overnight (ie, during those hours)

Police will not stop people traveling in their cars unless they violate normal traffic laws.
they keep taking and taking until we turn into Red China

ABC123

Gold Chaser
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
The numbers are multiples of ten every 2 weeks. Today we hit 100k cases worldwide outside of China....exactly 2 weeks ago it was 10k cases.

By March 30th it will be 1 million worldwide.

We can assume the True number of infected in CHINA by using this model....Taking the data from Feb 4th we can see CHINA had 50k cases. For now we are just going to assume China wasnt lying at this date. Two weeks from Feb 4th is the 18th and China would have 500k cases. Another two weeks we have March 4th and 5 MILLION cases. Today they are approaching 50 Million and quite possibly 3-5 million dead!

It makes sense why there would be a complete blackout in China. They are being decimated.

If True, this is what the world has to look forward to.

Last edited:

FthePolice

Silver Miner
The numbers are doubling every 2 weeks. Today we hit 100k cases worldwide outside of China....exactly 2 weeks ago it was 10k cases.

By March 30th it will be 1 million worldwide.

We can assume the True number of infected in CHINA by using this model....Taking the data from Feb 4th we can see CHINA had 50k cases. For now we are just going to assume China wasnt lying at this date. Two weeks from Feb 4th is the 18th and China would have 500k cases. Another two weeks we have March 4th and 5 MILLION cases. Today they are approaching 50 Million and quite possibly 3-5 million dead!

It makes sense why there would be a complete blackout in China. They are being decimated.

If True, this is what the world has to look forward to.
We've been running mathematical models at work on spreadsheets and it looks like the whole world would be exposed in 4 months or so. World Wide Casualties around 14.5 million.

ABC123

Gold Chaser
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
We've been running mathematical models at work on spreadsheets and it looks like the whole world would be exposed in 4 months or so. World Wide Casualties around 14.5 million.
If the entire globe is infected were talking 7 billion people. So lets assume on the low end 3% are expected to perish.
AT a MINIMUM 200 Million people will be dead............

FthePolice

Silver Miner
If the entire globe is infected were talking 7 billion people. So lets assume on the low end 3% are expected to perish.
I didn't do the numbers as I am not a math guy. I think we did exponential growth at 1.05

Krag

Planet earth
Platinum Bling
It doubles from place to place every few days: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/coronavirus-cases/

I learned the lesson of logarithmic doubling when I was a kid. Don't pay me $1000, all I want is one cent on the first day, 2c on the second, 4c on the third, etc..

People are joking and laughing in the stores now, not in a few weeks.

FthePolice

Silver Miner

Krag

Planet earth
Platinum Bling
Yeah, that's how it was explained to me with the 1 cent model
On the last day of the month you're at 5 million or so, another half a month you own the world.

GoldenPoet

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Over the rainbow, at the end of the earth, on a di
How much you want to bet we'll wind up paying for this stupidity? Didn't Spain have a geometric explosion of cases after the World Women's March? So now 70K Mexicans are going to cram in close quarters and defy the odds? Worst yet, we'll be footing the bill for humanitarian aid as the Coronavirus decimates Mexico
.:totally steamed:

Mexico holds big music festival despite coronavirus concerns
https://apnews.com/96c71c1f4bd4c202d1d06e00b9f36d51

MEXICO CITY (AP) — While the coronavirus pandemic has led authorities around the globe to cancel concerts and sporting events, and even shut down daily activities in some places, Mexico City is going ahead with Vive Latino — one of the most important music festivals in the country.

Some acts backed out, but tens of thousands of music fans flocked on Saturday to the first day of the festival, which still expected Guns N’ Roses, Carlos Vives and Zoe to be among its headliners. Organizers said more than 70,000 tickets had been sold for each of the festival’s two days.
Mexicans laugh at death.
I think, mostly, it is because they dont really care
if they live or die.
Sad.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Mexicans laugh at death.
I think, mostly, it is because they dont really care
if they live or die.
Sad.
I find it much more sad to cling to this life as if it is the end-all-be-all worried about every little thing.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

EricTheCat

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Our governor in Minnesota today ordered a temporary closure of restaurants, bars and other 'places of public amusement' effective 5 PM Tuesday for an undisclosed amount of time. Last weekend ordered schools closed statewide starting Wednesday (many schools closed starting Monday). This is with 54 known cases in Minnesota, doubling about every 2 days.

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
I am getting ready to venture into town, 25 miles away, to COSTCO for some med's
It doubles from place to place every few days: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/coronavirus-cases/

I learned the lesson of logarithmic doubling when I was a kid. Don't pay me $1000, all I want is one cent on the first day, 2c on the second, 4c on the third, etc..

People are joking and laughing in the stores now, not in a few weeks.
Many years ago, I did that on a 30 day calendar & I think the last day was 12 million, but add up the other days & it is close to 24 million.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
The biggest stand out is the simple fact that we're at this juncture that's just a bit mind-boggling.

The next thing on my mind is that if this virus is so harmless that some governments want to intentionally give it to people then why is the whole world shutting down over it. I understand their logic but it doesn't add up it's just a big sh!t show at this point no matter how you look at it.

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
Little Rock Mayor Frank Scott announcedtoday there will be a mandatory curfew from 12am (midnight) to 5am effective Wednesday night. Curfew does not apply to people working overnight (ie, during those hours)

Police will not stop people traveling in their cars unless they violate normal traffic laws.
Thats just running some dope across town at 1 am, nothing to see here.

The next thing on my mind is that if this virus is so harmless that some governments want to intentionally give it to people then why is the whole world shutting down over it. I understand their logic but it doesn't add up it's just a big sh!t show at this point no matter how you look at it.
That's the $64 trillion question newmisty, and you're right, none of this adds up.

If it turns out the Dutch have got it right, there will be hell to pay and if there are any actual white hats about, they'll need to come out of hiding.

If there aren't any, I'll put one on (a white hat that is).

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
If it truly spreads World wide in a relatively short period, it'll be multiples higher than that. 3 billion people live in poverty or near poverty. How good of health services do you think those people are gonna receive when/if ~15% of 'em need icu?

I am getting ready to venture into town, 25 miles away, to COSTCO for some med's
Good luck. We'll be expecting a full report when ya get back.

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
The dutch arent known for being a bunch of bullshitters, they have no sense of humor, but bullshitters they are not.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
That's the $64 trillion question newmisty, and you're right, none of this adds up.

If it turns out the Dutch have got it right, there will be hell to pay and if there are any actual white hats about, they'll need to come out of hiding.

If there aren't any, I'll put one on (a white hat that is).
Just gonna continue eating my popcorn and praying for the good people of the world.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I think we need to become those good people.
Continually doing my best and encouraging others to be the change they want to see.

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
If it truly spreads World wide in a relatively short period, it'll be multiples higher than that. 3 billion people live in poverty or near poverty. How good of health services do you think those people are gonna receive when/if ~15% of 'em need icu?

Good luck. We'll be expecting a full report when ya get back.
Costco has lost their mind.
Look at this: They blocked off the entrance with pallets & grocery carts. I pushed a cart all the way around the mess figuring I might not get one, there were a few people in line at that time. When I got there, they took the cart away from, cleaned one with spray sanitizer & gave that one to me !! They are only allowing people in as they see fit. When I came out, NO ONE WAS IN LINE, THERE ARE VERY FEW PEOPLE AT COSTCO.
1584420538034.png

The place is empty

1584420652642.png

All the toilet paper & paper towels you want.
1584420704933.png

Empty shelves, usually T.P. Lower shelves are water & up close is dry dog food.

1584421434376.png

YET the lines at the checkout were long. I cannot figure it out.

This is a town of less than 25,000 and the streets were crowded, lots of cops (unusual) & the only store that was really busy was our largest grocery store, which is about 2/3's the size of COSTCO & twice the size of Safeway. They were crowded but handled the crowd very well. Safeway was about normal.
I know I have conflicting statements BUT it is what it is !

Some people were stressed out, but the majority that I spoke with were of the mind set that it is a hoax.
But I was also wearing my Trump 2020 hat ! Influence ? :don't know:

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
There was a member here who used to say this is a battle between good and evil.. I think most everyone here is good and we see all the evil. Standing by letting the evil do their stuff is not going to work going forward. The good people are going to have to make a stand at some point.

BigJim#1-8

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
There was a member here who used to say this is a battle between good and evil.. I think most everyone here is good and we see all the evil. Standing by letting the evil do their stuff is not going to work going forward. The good people are going to have to make a stand at some point.
YES SIR ! :2 thumbs up::hunt::tex:
The goofy gov. of Commiefornia has told everyone over 65 to stay in doors ! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH if I lived there
1584422613364.png

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Pretty amazing how quickly things got restocked. Gotta hand it to the grocery stores and costco and even was mart. They got that shit down pretty good. How was the meat selection. Been hearing that going fast

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Pretty amazing how quickly things got restocked. Gotta hand it to the grocery stores and costco and even was mart. They got that shit down pretty good. How was the meat selection. Been hearing that going fast
Costco was 100% out of chicken, of any kind. They had lots of ribeye, I got a pack of 4. Noticed some fish, wasn't interested in their smelly fish. They had lots of pork, picked up some baby back ribs.
Our big grocery had all the Foster Farm whole or parts chicky you wanted, picked up 3 whole. Mrs. T & I de-bone the chicky & make our own chicky broth with the fat & bones, we break the bones for more flavor.

There is no problem with the supply chain, here in Australia the supply chain has tripled in size, from producers to distribution to last mile.

The fresh produce clients I have have all placed orders with their various vendors to triple production. My bit involves tripling their existing IT and printing footprint to keep up with production. I've relocated to SE Melbourne to facilitate this expansion.

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Costco was 100% out of chicken, of any kind. They had lots of ribeye, I got a pack of 4. Noticed some fish, wasn't interested in their smelly fish. They had lots of pork, picked up some baby back ribs.
Our big grocery had all the Foster Farm whole or parts chicky you wanted, picked up 3 whole. Mrs. T & I de-bone the chicky & make our own chicky broth with the fat & bones, we break the bones for more flavor.

I loooooove me a good ribeye. :). The Amish butcher shop I go do does a nice job with packaging and you can see through the vacuum sealing to check marbling and stuff.. 13 bucks a lb though... My other butcher shop you call and order what you want then go pick it up. Everything wrapped in paper so you cant even see what your getting. 7.50 a lb for theirs.. The only thing I buy from them now is the short ribs which I cook on the smoker. The Amish get the rest of my money and on Saturdays they have a pile of baby backs wrapped in foil around noon that just came out of their smoker.. 4 of us ate on one rack last weekend. was really good.

Ok i took this post way off topic.. off to bed:secret::finished 2:

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
I loooooove me a good ribeye. :). The Amish butcher shop I go do does a nice job with packaging and you can see through the vacuum sealing to check marbling and stuff.. 13 bucks a lb though... My other butcher shop you call and order what you want then go pick it up. Everything wrapped in paper so you cant even see what your getting. 7.50 a lb for theirs.. The only thing I buy from them now is the short ribs which I cook on the smoker. The Amish get the rest of my money and on Saturdays they have a pile of baby backs wrapped in foil around noon that just came out of their smoker.. 4 of us ate on one rack last weekend. was really good.

Ok i took this post way off topic.. off to bed:secret::finished 2:
Ok i took this post way off topic, Naww, it's all part of the conversation & I am guilty of it, a lot !
Costco ribeye is 12 bucks a pound. Give the Amish their price if the ribeye is that good. $7.50 for questionable vs. $13 for great ribeye, in a clear, transparent package would be my choice.