• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Corona Virus News & Info

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
288931_10150282734537010_8129027_o.jpg

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
She's using a paper towel, right? Wouldn't a piece of the element from a good furnace filter be better? More 'spensive, but I thought I remember seeing some that claimed to able to filter out virus particles.
Any Port in a Storm.

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling

Krag

Planet earth
Platinum Bling
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Rates are going up exponentially. For those who are healthy, no huge threat; but there are many who aren't.

Got to hand it to those Germans! They are super-efficient and fanatically meticulous.

Cases: 8,604
Death: 23!!!!

23 / 8,604 = 0.27%!!

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/germany/

Why is no one talking about this? Where the hell is the MSM?

Oh, I forgot. They've got to have more talking heads endlessly talking about whether the virus will help the Democrats or Republicans. Got to keep people distracted with the endless horse race.

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Interesting chart here, cases in MN. I assume the "slow-down" of the last reading is just a blip and exponential growth will continue but wouldn't that be nice if the growth really was slowing already. Time will tell.

View attachment 157921
Maybe they ran out of test kits...? ;)

Scorpio

Hunter of elusive Beer Virus
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
5.7M people in Mn and 60 of them with a supposed beer virus using a faulty test

yep, makes sense, shut the whole state down

fyi, they just closed Wi also which follows Ia and Mn to the guillotine

the_shootist

Trump 2020
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++

The data is bogus

Hystckndle

SWEATEQUITYIS$$$
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
@ 1530 ish today
Florida: all bars and nightclubs AND bar areas in restaurants
to suspend operations for 30 days.
Restaurants CAN remain open though.

Farq,
ANY of these fooking people ever run a business ???

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling

ya think something else is going on here?...

now what the Plan is , is anyone’s guess

i do not have a guess at this point but if this fluid situation continues on it’s current course , my wild arse guess would be an American financial reset using digital currency backed by who the hell knows and more quasi fascism with corporations seizing more power....

otherwise it’s the fecking flu and by November corona will be swept under the rug with Epstein , Mueller , Clinton , and the rest of the maggot crooks and we all will move on to the next crisis...

EricTheCat

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame

All these closures do seem extreme given the numbers. The government loves a good crisis for another power grab. On the other hand, there has bound to be many more people infected than known. I don't know if this was a great idea or a horrible idea or something in between. This should be interesting in hindsight.

Many are hunkering down. Myself included but that's practically my routine anyway. I mostly work from home and rarely go out accept for supplies. I feel for those affected by all these closures.

Krag

Planet earth
Platinum Bling
It looks like Trump is capitalizing on the fear with carrots offered--lots of money and other goodies for those who are at risk.

"Fear is a depreciating asset. As Machiavelli observes, "'the temper of the multitude is fickle, and ... while it is easy to persuade them of a thing, it is hard to fix them in that persuasion'" ([1513 1992, 14). Unless the foretold threat eventuates, the people come to doubt its substance. The government must make up for the depreciation by investing in the maintenance, modernization, and replacement of its stock of fear capital. https://mises.org/library/political-economy-fear

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
How is it bogus? Are they under reporting, or over reporting? Or is it all made up and there is no virus?

If it's all made up, why wouldn't they use bigger fake numbers? Using such relatively small numbers only leads many to say the whole thing is fake, which doesm't seem like a very effective way to get everyone doing what the gov wants.

All these closures do seem extreme given the numbers. The government loves a good crisis for another power grab. On the other hand, there has bound to be many more people infected than known.
Unless it's actually more deadly than is being stated.

My question is, if so many have mild symptoms, why is the number of recovered staying so low?
Out of over 6000 cases in the US, only 76 are said to have successfully recovered.
When was the first US case?

How is it bogus? Are they under reporting, or over reporting? Or is it all made up and there is no virus?

If it's all made up, why wouldn't they use bigger fake numbers? Using such relatively small numbers only leads many to say the whole thing is fake, which doesm't seem like a very effective way to get everyone doing what the gov wants.
It has to pass the pub test, numbers too high will be met with incredulity, too low and they are ignored.

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
It has to pass the pub test, numbers too high will be met with incredulity, too low and they are ignored.
Then why the incredulity at the low numbers?

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Tracy Franco

...Here's a little perspective for those of you who still prefer facts over hysteria...

✅ Covid-19 stats to date: 2,726 cases & 54 deaths in the U.S.

✅ Influenza (the flu): 36 MILLION cases, 370,000 hospitalizations and 22,000 deaths so far this year in the U.S.

If you didn't avoid people, horde toilet paper/water/pasta, avoid travel, keep your kids home and freak-the-hell-out over the flu, why are you doing so now?

I'll tell you why... it's because the media is hyping the coronavirus and blowing things way out of proportion.

Remember the swine flu? It was far deadlier, infected more people, hospitalized more people, killed more people - including children, but schools remained open, there wasn't a run on toilet paper and Americans rode it out. The media didn't hype it. There wasn't 24/7 coverage, so no one panicked.

If this was a test to see how well we as Americans could weather a crisis, we'd get a failing grade.

The government is going to continue (over)reacting to the situation based on what we the people are demanding.

CEB6A8B0-763A-4DAF-91E6-3D9ACFE13250.jpeg

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
The world's ICUs almost NEVER get overwhelmed by flu cases yet that's the case with this virus.
Reason? Exponential Growth and a long Incubation Period allowing for much more Infection Spreading BEFORE the Contaminated Walking Petri Dish EVER SHOWS ANY SYMPTOMS, perhaps...

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
I heard the story is true about eating exotic animals is what caused the initial infection. Then that person spread it to others.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
At the end of the day all we can do is wait and see how this all pans out. It's fun to speculate though.

I think trump mentioned this is already in the court systems. "This" being the power grab by state and federal governments. The argument of course is does the government have the right to tell any business when they can and cant open? Gov claims emergency executive powers that the Gov gave themselves. Does it pass the sniff test in the court system? Slippery slope if they say yes.
What constitutes an emergency? a 4percent mortality rate that effects mostly those 70 and above in poor health? Might as well shut down the highways, especially in Fl with all the elderly down there.

oldgaranddad

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Anyone have a list of short wave frequencies used by civil defense, etc. to monitor this stuff as time goes by? I know a lot of police and fire departments have gone to encrypted radio spectrums but somebody has to be using good old short wave or am I just that old?

Hystckndle

SWEATEQUITYIS$$$
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Anyone have a list of short wave frequencies used by civil defense, etc. to monitor this stuff as time goes by? I know a lot of police and fire departments have gone to encrypted radio spectrums but somebody has to be using good old short wave or am I just that old?
Had all of that stuff but they went all encrypted around here.
I do have a Radio Shack SW set right next to me though that I listen to occasionally..skip from Europe,
but mostly from Mexico and further south.
Search had a Ham thread here for a long time. Dunno if it is still on here.

EricTheCat

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Excellent question. Two points I can make.

Here is a nice reference of frequencies that may be of interest.
https://offgridsurvival.com/shtf-emergency-communications/

For monitoring police, I use an RTL-SDR (USB software defined radio) on a Raspberry PI to listen to the local law enforcement. It is difficult to set up and can't listen to the encrypted traffic but it works okay listening to the other trunked 800 Mhz traffic. Around here most of the law enforcement is still unencrypted. State patrol being encrypted is the most notable exception. For those who have a Raspberry PI and an RTL-SDR radio, these instructions have worked for me after some troubleshooting: https://www.hagensieker.com/wordpress/2018/07/17/op25-for-dummies/

EricTheCat

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
By the way, I just remembered something. One time we were talking about a GIM HAM HF frequency for situations. Somebody back then mentioned 14.285 Mhz. It's generally a daytime frequency but figured I would mention that.

ABC123

Gold Chaser
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
✅ Covid-19 stats to date: 2,726 cases & 54 deaths in the U.S.
I wouldnt go around posting information from 3 days ago when the numbers are changing by the hour.

6500 known infections
108 Deaths
17 recovered

Testing is only just begun and many people are still not taking this seriously as they should.

BY tomorrow evening we will be approaching 10k known infected.

oldgaranddad

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Excellent question. Two points I can make.

Here is a nice reference of frequencies that may be of interest.
https://offgridsurvival.com/shtf-emergency-communications/

For monitoring police, I use an RTL-SDR (USB software defined radio) on a Raspberry PI to listen to the local law enforcement. It is difficult to set up and can't listen to the encrypted traffic but it works okay listening to the other trunked 800 Mhz traffic. Around here most of the law enforcement is still unencrypted. State patrol being encrypted is the most notable exception. For those who have a Raspberry PI and an RTL-SDR radio, these instructions have worked for me after some troubleshooting: https://www.hagensieker.com/wordpress/2018/07/17/op25-for-dummies/
I have two Raspberry Pis hanging around. I'll have to resurrect them and give it a try.

I seriously doubt the validity of any PCR testing that is done

and I doubt that whatever PCR test is done is testing the entire gene sequence

hence any result is to be taken with a truck load of salt.

They would have to Specify
the individual Segment
of the entire gene sequence
that they were PCR testing for
and the test
sampling
and
processing
would need to occur within a Level-3 or Level-4 Lab

:dduck:

WR101

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
This is Bourbon Street, Nawlins Curfew. Semi lock down

IMG_0809.jpg

the_shootist

Trump 2020
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++

Unless it's actually more deadly than is being stated.

My question is, if so many have mild symptoms, why is the number of recovered staying so low?
Out of over 6000 cases in the US, only 76 are said to have successfully recovered.
When was the first US case?
These numbers are based on tests which have been said to be very unreliable. Couple that with the fact that a large majority of people who have flu like symptom are not tested but instead sent home to self quarantine. The beer virus numbers are based on people who have supposedly come down with the virus, You tell me how those number are anything close to accurate? They're meant to frighten, not inform

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
daily update

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

Focusing on France (where I'm living) - and the "numbers" show what happens when you only have enough "test kits" to test those "at death's door"... So we can "extrapolate" that the "number of cases" is a multiple higher than quoted... "148 deaths - 12 recovered" so out of 160 "outcomes" 148 are dead as a doornail... That "mortality ratio" has to be above 90%... And France STILL doesn't have enough masks and gloves for its MEDICAL PERSONNEL, let alone the "general public". Put the WHOLE COUNTRY UNDER MARTIAL LAW. You have to fill out an "official form" EVERY DAY you go outside for a "permitted outing", i.e. going to "essential job", food shopping, drugstore, doctor, walk the dog (only on your block and by yourself), jogging (only around the block and by yourself). Visiting relatives or neighbors is forbidden. More incompetency is hard to imagine. I've had my masks and gloves and stockpiles for over a month... Was low on computer paper, and those stores are closed, so I remembered a food supermarket with a class supplies aisle. Went there yesterday morning. Long line of customers outside. Supermarket (pretty big one) only allowing 15 customers inside. So the guard at the locked door would let one customer in when one left. No "couples" allowed. I went early, only a 1/2 hour wait to go in. Found my 2 reams of paper (to print the daily permits) and stocked up on more stuff (bread & fruits & veggies & junk food). Only section that was empty was rice & pasta but no thermometers. Took my time, even though the loudspeakers said to hurry... and there was quite a longer line when I exited. Got a thermometer later at the Pharmacy.

Have a couple of acquaintances ("happy-go-lucky" young gay couple buddies with my wife, who wouldn't heed her warnings...) who have been visiting France - went to all the bars & restaurants & museums & clubs in Paris then in Lyon, then traveled to the Bordeaux wine region (all by train) just before the QUARANTINE began. Now they're stuck in the village of Saint Emilion in an airBnB for at least the 2 weeks of the quarantine. We do NOT want them to "come stay with us" (even if they could), considering the THOUSANDS of people their paths (and hands) have crossed over the past weeks. They're "in the pooper, the US Embassy & Consulate as well as the Airlines not capable of giving them ANY ADVICE. It's a Martial Law Lockdown situation. I only hear about 2 cars/hour driving by, instead of 20/mn... and some of them are LEOs enforcing the lockdown. Fines for not complying are 380 Euros ($400+) to 1000 Euros ($1116.00) for "being outside without a permit" or "cheating on the use of the permit" i.e. if you're shopping far from home while there was a store closer to your home... It's a REAL CLUSTERFUCK - but I'm an agoraphobic homebody, and don't mind the calm. I just think of all the closed-in elderly who don't use the internet - shut away from the world...

Coronavirus Statistics March 18 2020 - France.jpg

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Total outcomes - 90,352
Total deaths - 8248

Death rate % - 9.1%

Still climbing...
in France I'm sure, but I suspect Spain and other countries (US too) of not "testing" until you're in an ICU - so the "outcomes" are of those already admitted in very critical condition... and tested... and not saved... except a tiny few...

France
Total outcomes = 160
Total recoveries = 12
Total deaths = 148

Death rate % = uh... forgot my math (into my 5th beer, warm sunny day)... but that's over 90% I bet...

Jodster

Always wrong
Silver Miner
The world's ICUs almost NEVER get overwhelmed by flu cases yet that's the case with this virus.
Reason? Exponential Growth and a long Incubation Period allowing for much more Infection Spreading BEFORE the Contaminated Walking Petri Dish EVER SHOWS ANY SYMPTOMS, perhaps...
You know the "regular" flu never took the year off, right? The hospital I work in was at 120% of capacity last October. We have already hit our 2025 flu projections this year, long before the COVid-19 hit the news. This is a matter of a compounding crisis.