• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Corona Virus News & Info

Krag

Planet earth
Platinum Bling
I'm sure this virus has been circulating for weeks now in most parts of the US; today a worker came in to work at Home Depot coughing treating his symptoms with cough drops and looking sick. The company's official position is that not one associate in any of their stores has the virus; they insist on a fact based approach, not fear and panic. But the reality is that many businesses and other indoor activities are closing their doors for the duration. This is going to get a lot worse before it gets better. I have no fear because I'm willing to continue to build my healthy immune system with herbs and whole foods.

SongSungAU

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Good luck with any quick solutions to this pandemic. Sars, the Swine Flu, Lyme, none of them are easy, this one is not going to go away with some miracle drug.
I haven't heard anyone claim it was going to be easy.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

SongSungAU

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
I have but those were/are stupid hoars looking for clicks, clout and cash.
I posted a John Soloman tweet regarding some good news. [post 1,162 currently]
It was met with a nonsensical reply [post 1,163 currently]. Hence, my reply [post 1,164 currently].
I give up. Some folks just want bad news.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I posted a John Soloman tweet regarding some good news.
It was met with a nonsensical reply. Hence, my reply.
Frustrating ain't it? They're drowning in their own negativity and don't even realize it.

Buck

Village Idiot
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I've been to Lowes several times over the last week, picking up parts for a diy project, parts for home repairs, quick project updates...

Shopping was easy, aisles wide open, more employees than customers...but, they were still open and I won't run out of stuff to do.

CU was easy, two people ahead of me, I used the coin machine too, got my fingerprints all over the return tray, nothing good, traffic around town was light...no assault weapon carrying gangs roaming around, yet

Suggestion:
put some of this 'down time' to good use, if you can, it'll make the time go by faster and when you do go back to work, you'll come home to a few weekends where you're all ready caught up

:dog:

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Couple things about this video.
Dr doesn't want to encourage hoarding and recommends everyone have a 3 month supply of food on hand. 1st of all I doubt 70% of Americans have enough money to hoard 3 months worth of food and 2nd, I'm pretty sure the hysteria we have seen thus far is because people were trying to get 2 weeks worth of food. What happens in 2 weeks when they realize this is going to go the distance and they need 10 more weeks of food?
He gives a May June timeframe for this to be winding down.

the_shootist

Trump 2020
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Couple things about this video.
Dr doesn't want to encourage hoarding and recommends everyone have a 3 month supply of food on hand. 1st of all I doubt 70% of Americans have enough money to hoard 3 months worth of food and 2nd, I'm pretty sure the hysteria we have seen thus far is because people were trying to get 2 weeks worth of food. What happens in 2 weeks when they realize this is going to go the distance and they need 10 more weeks of food?
He gives a May June timeframe for this to be winding down.

I watched some of this earlier today. step away from the internet celebrities

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Department of Defense Urgent Briefing On Combating Coronavirus

(25min)

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
It's pretty darn surreal this whole thing because literally everybody is talking about it. What's the last thing that you can remember that everybody was talking about and I mean everybody?

Buck

Village Idiot
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Q?

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
From a close friend with family in the Philippines:

This isn't funny any more. My "sources" in Manila and Davao in the Philippines tell me that both cities are on full lockdown, with curfews and travel restrictions in place, enforced by soldiers deployed with automatic weapons. Anyone on the street can have their papers demanded at any time, and be forced to tell where they are going and why. Stores and places of business are either closed, or open by government permit only, again enforced at gunpoint.

It's basically martial law. And there have been TWO deaths so far from this virus in the Philippines. On an average day, about a hundred people in Manila are killed in traffic accidents, and maybe another hundred are killed in botched robberies.

How much longer before we see that sort of thing here? That mail you sent yesterday was too right: See how easy it was?

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I posted a John Soloman tweet regarding some good news. [post 1,162 currently]
It was met with a nonsensical reply [post 1,163 currently]. Hence, my reply [post 1,164 currently].
Don't give up. Any good news is appreciated.
My attitude has been based on the fact that since mid January there hasn't been any good news about it. Hopefully something will be found to effectively treat it. It'd be especially good if it was an already existing medication. Then all we have to do is wait until it's maker boosts the price to $1000+ per pill so a fortune can be made off of it.

It's pretty darn surreal this whole thing because literally everybody is talking about it. What's the last thing that you can remember that everybody was talking about and I mean everybody?
Russia Russia Russia?

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

pay dirt

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
This drug has shown to work well for treating against the Corona virus. China, S Korea, France have already had success with it. Its a drug called Chloroquine that is used for Malaria and Rheumatoid arthritis.

Its widely available in almost every country and cheap unlike the HIV drugs or the billion dollar pharma vaccine that is being developed.

Last edited:

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
This drug has shown to work well for treating against the Corona virus. China, S Korea, France have already had success with it. Its a drug called Chloroquine that is used for Malaria and Rheumatoid arthritis.

Its widely available in almost every country and cheap unlike the HIV drugs or the billion dollar pharma vaccine that is being developed.

Buy Schweppes Indian Tonic with quinine? hmmm... add to the shopping list...

edit - just ordered on Amazon a "concentrate for soda machines" - a half liter of concentrate makes a dozen liters of seltzer with quinine. About $14/each... Don't have a "machine" but I can mix it with regular bubbly water... if we get sick... and see... A cheap "just in case" idea, no guarantees that "it works" for "BigBadBug"... - an EU product, probably similar available in US...

SodaStream Quinine Tonic Concentrate.jpg

Translation "Quinine Tonic Concentrate" "without artificial flavors, coloring agents, or aspartame"

Last edited:

SongSungAU

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Trump Touts Anti-Malaria Drug To Treat COVID-19; FDA Fast-Tracks Approval
https://www.zerohedge.com/health/anti-malaria-pill-shows-promising-results-treating-covid-19

excerpt:

The drug, chloroquine, was first approved in the US in 1949, and has been widely used as a low-cost method to treat a variety of diseases, including malaria, lupus and rheumatoid arthritis. In several studies and through anecdotal evidence, chloroquine appears to significantly limit the replication of COVID-19, particularly when combined with antibiotic azithromycin (Z-Pak).​
In a study published Wednesday by French physician-researchers, a total of 36 patients (20 who were treated with chloroqine and 16 controls who were not) revealed that 50% of the treated group turned from positive to negative on the third day - which grew to 70% by the sixth day.​
Six test patients were treated with both chloroquine and Z-pak, and all six tested negative for coronavirus on day six.​
"Despite its small sample size our survey shows that hydroxychloroquine treatment is significantly associated with viral load reduction/disappearance in COVID-19 patients and its effect is reinforced by azithromycin," the study concludes.​

pay dirt

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Buy Schweppes Indian Tonic with quinine? hmmm... add to the shopping list...

edit - just ordered on Amazon a "concentrate for soda machines" - a half liter of concentrate makes a dozen liters of seltzer with quinine. About $14/each... Don't have a "machine" but I can mix it with regular bubbly water... if we get sick... and see... A cheap "just in case" idea, no guarantees that "it works" for "BigBadBug"... - an EU product, probably similar available in US...

View attachment 158113

Translation "Quinine Tonic Concentrate" "without artificial flavors, coloring agents, or aspartame"
Not sure if that is similar, but worth a shot.

The reason Chloroquine is effective according to a Doctor on a MedCram video is it acts as a Zinc Ionosphere. It allows Zinc into the cells as normally it does not easily absorb into the body's cells. The zinc can help stop or slow down the viral replication in the cell. A herb called Quercetin ( can buy online or OTC for 10 -15 bucks a bottle) also acts as a zinc ionosphere though not as potent as Chloroquine.

@ PCR Testing

Not All PCR Tests are Created Equal

" A week after the genetic sequence for the novel coronavirus first became available in January, German researchers had designed a PCR test that could detect the virus in a patient sample. "
" Not every lab can do PCR. It requires a very clean lab, ... "
" The German test adopted and disseminated by the WHO scanned for three specific viral genes. "
" Instead of using the WHO protocol, the CDC decided to create its own test using three different genes ... . "

the above quotes are from
https://www.theverge.com/2020/3/17/...-pcr-diagnostic-point-of-care-cdc-techonology

So,
I wonder
when a story is told about testing
what specific testing is that story addressing .

No
unless the story identifies SPECIFICALLY what is being tested
then that story is meaningless .

WR101

the_shootist

Trump 2020
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Not sure if that is similar, but worth a shot.

The reason Chloroquine is effective according to a Doctor on a MedCram video is it acts as a Zinc Ionosphere. It allows Zinc into the cells as normally it does not easily absorb into the body's cells. The zinc can help stop or slow down the viral replication in the cell. A herb called Quercetin ( can buy online or OTC for 10 -15 bucks a bottle) also acts as a zinc ionosphere though not as potent as Chloroquine.
So does this miraculous treatment work for all class of corona viruses? If so we've found the cure for the common cold. It's been right under our noses all this time!!

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

chris_is_here

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Just keep your perspective....

In the USA, there have been 13,159 cases reported as of tonight, and 176 deaths, which equates to a 1.3% mortality rate. This compares with a mortality rate of 4.1% worldwide. That's not a lot of cases, and a 1.3% mortality rate is about half the mortality rate of the 1918 Spanish flu. It's still bad but, if you are otherwise healthy, your odds are of survival are very high.

The low mortality rate in the USA implies that either (1) the reports of COVID in the USA are inflated, due to the inclusion of "presumptive" cases, that are really just pneumonia or chest infections or, (2) COVID is relatively more fatal in poorer, third-world countries.

"Social distancing" has been adopted in response to the high infection rate of this bug, but how do we ever build up anti-bodies to it if we are not exposed to it? Classic catch-22.

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Waaaay too much meandering & religion. This why I don't listen to him much. If he would get to the point & do it under 5 minutes, he, in my opinion, would have a much larger following.

SongSungAU

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Just keep your perspective....

In the USA, there have been 13,159 cases reported as of tonight, and 176 deaths, which equates to a 1.3% mortality rate. This compares with a mortality rate of 4.1% worldwide. That's not a lot of cases, and a 1.3% mortality rate is about half the mortality rate of the 1918 Spanish flu. It's still bad but, if you are otherwise healthy, your odds are of survival are very high.

The low mortality rate in the USA implies that either (1) the reports of COVID in the USA are inflated, due to the inclusion of "presumptive" cases, that are really just pneumonia or chest infections or, (2) COVID is relatively more fatal in poorer, third-world countries.

"Social distancing" has been adopted in response to the high infection rate of this bug, but how do we ever build up anti-bodies to it if we are not exposed to it? Classic catch-22.
The fatality rate you quote isn't final. It will continue to change (most likely lower) as time goes on. However, you are being much too positive for some folks in this thread who will point out that you are doing it all wrong.

I stopped posting my daily tracking due to the response of some. I am still keeping a daily chart of it but just not posting it online any longer.

When this blows over, I may post a final tally. But that assumes I will survive the virus. </sarcasm>

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Waaaay too much meandering & religion. This why I don't listen to him much. If he would get to the point & do it under 5 minutes, he, in my opinion, would have a much larger following.
Same.

Krag

Planet earth
Platinum Bling
I want good news, I have an older sister in Tenerife, Spain, a tour guide for 40 years who came down with the virus, no surprise there with all the nationalities who go there in winter.

Gary North posted this too:

It's looking better and better: https://bit.ly/cCoronavirusPills

The testing should be fast. It won't hurt anyone. The only question is effectiveness.

Something is better than nothing.

Let the public decide. Get the FDA out of the way.

However it is going to take a while. The cases in NY doubled today:
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

The problem is that this incubates for days before it starts to manifest deleterious effects.

One local testing facility plan was closed due to complaints by NIMBY people: https://www.zerohedge.com/economics...es-covid-19-testing-center-residents-complain

We have one for tomorrow, but look at all the proof you have to have to be tested:

The FDA-approved COVID-19 novel coronavirus test can only be performed with a prescription, which is obtained from Murphy Associates once the pre-screening process is completed online. Murphy Associates will follow the CDC guidelines for testing, which state that a person must have been in close contact with someone confirmed to have COVID-19 or be a resident in a community where there is ongoing spread of COVID-19; and must have developed symptoms (fever, cough, shortness of breath). Those who do not have symptoms will not progress past the first step in the registration process. The Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) test requires a viral load for detection.

https://www.ncadvertiser.com/news/a...-New-Canaan-requires-appointment-15141654.php

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Just got this email.

Screenshot_20200319-213930.png

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
A friend in Anaheim just told me that the entire state of Commiefornia is in lockdown, except for essentials !

the_shootist

Trump 2020
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
From the joke thread

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member