• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Corona Virus News & Info

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
I know I sound like a broken record. Those fuckers better keep the power on. I can pay my bill.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Death toll falls from record high in Italy Covid-19

EricTheCat

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Starting to impact some high profile people in Minnesota.

Governor Walz is self-isolating after one of his security detail tested positive

Senator Klobuchar's husband has tested positive and is in hospital with pneumonia

oldgaranddad

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
At this rate soon the whole world will become one giant Hospital.
...and conversely a mortuary/crematori
Starting to impact some high profile people in Minnesota.

Governor Walz is self-isolating after one of his security detail tested positive

Senator Klobuchar's husband has tested positive and is in hospital with pneumonia
This is going to be a week where we probably hear household name after household name catching this virus.

EricTheCat

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
This is going to be a week where we probably hear household name after household name catching this virus.
I agree. I made a note a while back that by this coming Friday things will really start getting significant across the US.

I haven't been out since Tuesday. I admit I am a bit tempted to stock up on some more beer after work as I expect to no longer have that option later this week.

The trend continues in Minnesota.

COVID-19-MN-2020-03-23.JPG

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
ORYGUN MAKES THE NEWS ! :sick 2::shit happens:

Thousands of face masks intended for hospital workers stolen, Portland police say; some wound up on Craigslist
Updated Mar 22, 2020; Posted Mar 22, 2020

Police say they've recovered respirator masks stolen from The ReBuilding Center in North Portland that were intended for donation to local hospitals.Portland Police Bureau

By Elliot Njus | The Oregonian/OregonLive
Police say they’ve arrested a man accused of trying to sell thousands of face masks intended for hospital workers that were stolen earlier this month.
Police said someone took 20 to 25 cases of N95 respirator masks from The ReBuilding Center in North Portland on March 7. Each case contained 400 masks.
Protective equipment for health workers is in short supply amid the coronavirus pandemic. The nonprofit ReBuilding Center diverts building materials from landfills and offers them for reuse. Court records indicate the victim of the theft was Mercy Corps, another Portland nonprofit.

The next day, at least some of the masks wound up for sale on Craigslist. They were spotted by the victim, which made arrangements to meet the seller.
The purported buyer contacted police in Beaverton, where the meeting was planned, and officers met the seller instead.
Beaverton police arrested Vladislav V. Drozdek, 42, of Beaverton, court records show. He was booked into the Washington County Jail on suspicion of first-degree theft by receiving stolen property. Officers recovered six boxes of masks.
After further investigation, Portland police on Saturday recovered seven more boxes of masks stored in a Northeast Portland house. The remaining boxes of masks haven’t been found.
Police said the investigation continues, and more arrests are possible. The masks recovered have been donated to local hospitals.

oldgaranddad

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
ORYGUN MAKES THE NEWS ! :sick 2::shit happens:

Thousands of face masks intended for hospital workers stolen, Portland police say; some wound up on Craigslist
Updated Mar 22, 2020; Posted Mar 22, 2020

Police say they've recovered respirator masks stolen from The ReBuilding Center in North Portland that were intended for donation to local hospitals.Portland Police Bureau

By Elliot Njus | The Oregonian/OregonLive
Police say they’ve arrested a man accused of trying to sell thousands of face masks intended for hospital workers that were stolen earlier this month.
Police said someone took 20 to 25 cases of N95 respirator masks from The ReBuilding Center in North Portland on March 7. Each case contained 400 masks.
Protective equipment for health workers is in short supply amid the coronavirus pandemic. The nonprofit ReBuilding Center diverts building materials from landfills and offers them for reuse. Court records indicate the victim of the theft was Mercy Corps, another Portland nonprofit.

The next day, at least some of the masks wound up for sale on Craigslist. They were spotted by the victim, which made arrangements to meet the seller.
The purported buyer contacted police in Beaverton, where the meeting was planned, and officers met the seller instead.
Beaverton police arrested Vladislav V. Drozdek, 42, of Beaverton, court records show. He was booked into the Washington County Jail on suspicion of first-degree theft by receiving stolen property. Officers recovered six boxes of masks.
After further investigation, Portland police on Saturday recovered seven more boxes of masks stored in a Northeast Portland house. The remaining boxes of masks haven’t been found.
Police said the investigation continues, and more arrests are possible. The masks recovered have been donated to local hospitals.
Case made for public stonings.

Alton

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
So Gov. of Michigan announced Stay-At-home and non-essential businesses closed today, I heard over my buddy's phone as he called because and his gal are now self-quarantining since she visited her son last weekend to be part of the "friend's remodeling crew" working on her son's house. Son got a call from Chrysler telling him that his co-worker tested positive for kungflu and was told he NEEDS to stay home for next 2 weeks. So now my buddy and his gal are staying home just in case.

Then I hear Indiana gov Newson making announcement at 1p today. As of 25 March Indiana joins the stay-at-home-movement. Whoopee! It's ok. Linked in to son's server and just downloaded ALL of Babylon 5/All of the American AND Japanese Godzilla/Gojira movies/LOTS of cartoons (pre and post T.Turner and Cartoon Network) including SpongeBob SquarePants! Toys to play with and fix and LOTS of food in the house! I'll be bored in no time! I might be getting there already! I might test the new stay-at-home order and drive downtown to pay the electric bill which is literally directly across the street from the cop shop! That ought to generate some excitement! Since grocery stores will be open I can go hunting TP if I need to get out. Going to be interesting...maybe.

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Stay at home or be fined and go to jail says Washington gubnor..

Gov. Brown outlines strict stay-at-home orders, punishable by fines or jail
Updated orders for individuals, businesses, public organizations, and outdoor spaces to prevent COVID-19 spread
Author: KGW Staff
Published: 11:06 AM PDT March 23, 2020
Updated: 12:50 PM PDT March 23, 2020
PORTLAND, Ore — Oregon Governor Kate Brown issued strict orders Monday to shut down non-essential businesses and constrain social and recreational gatherings.

The move, which lists violations as a Class C misdemeanor, forces closure of businesses like arcades, barber shops, hair salons, gyms and fitness studios, skating rinks, playgrounds, theaters, sports facilities and yoga studios.

https://www.kgw.com/article/news/lo...cing/283-b6f9bd09-22d6-48dd-a42f-8bc5596d9373

the_shootist

Trump 2020
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Just last Friday Give. Baker said, we ain't doing no non-essential closings. That changed but he was saying free movement was still ok. See how long that holds.
Baker in MA? He's a RINO of the highest order....the lowest form of low there is in politics. They are never to be trusted

Uncle

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Gawd, I hope that quine stuff works...
Got ours today at less than $7 per person for 7 days.

Still need to work out individual dosages.

HCQ all sold out, still. No date.

Golden Regards
Uncle

Weatherman

In GIM since 2006
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
I need a hair cut!
Since I can't get one, I decided to quite shaving in protest.
Good time to start cutting your own. I cut mine and it is easier than going to a barber.

ABC123

Gold Chaser
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
In 2003, it was discovered and published in the journal, Nature, that the angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 (ACE2) receptor is the functional receptor for the SARS coronavirus (CoV) family of "common cold" infections.

In 2005, chloroquine was discovered and published in Virology to have strong antiviral effects on SARS-CoV infection in primate cells when treated with the drug either before or after exposure to the virus, suggesting both prophylactic and therapeutic efficacy.

In addition, it was determined that the drug works by interfering with terminal glycosylation of the cellular angiotensin converting enzyme 2 (ACE2) receptor.

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling

The Austin, Texas-based home kit company announced that they have developed an at-home collection kit with telehealth diagnosis for COVID-19. The testing kit will be available to consumers starting Monday, March 23. There will be an initial supply of 30,000 tests offered by the company to try to combat the rise of coronavirus cases in the United States. The company plans to have testing and diagnosis capacity for a quarter of a million people weekly

Consumers can go to www.everlywell.com where they can complete a screening questionnaire based on guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC). The test will be available for $135 and will be covered by participating HSA and FSA providers. Everlywell has contacted government officials and public health departments to see if the test can be made available for free.

ABC123

Gold Chaser
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Vyralogix (Leronlimab, Pro140) by CytoDyn is currently in FDA testing for HIV and Cancer. Totally stops the cytokline storm with no known side-effects despite being tested on hundreds of patients. Currently being tested on 2 individuals with severe Covid-19 symptoms and appears to be working extremely well. Hundreds of thousands of vials already manufactured and waiting to help people.

https://www.cytodyn.com/newsroom/press-releases/detail/398/two-additional-coronavirus-patients-treated-at-leading-new

https://emerginggrowth.com/cytodyn-otcqb-cydy-experiencing-viral-boom-in-enrollment-may-lead-to-a-presidential-podium-announcement/

Weatherman

In GIM since 2006
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter

Krag

Planet earth
Platinum Bling
We had three Covid 19 deaths in this town of 20K in the last few days.

The country is going to get slaughtered.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

And testing is way behind the actual needs. Only 294,000 tests nationwide have been conducted to date.

https://covidtracking.com/data/

That city has ceased to exist as a viable town.

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2020/0...ill-de-blasio-coler-hospital-remote-learning/

The city said the number of positive cases was at 13,119 as of Monday at 6 p.m., including 125 deaths.

The breakdown by borough:

• 3,848 in Queens
  • 3,742 in Brooklyn
  • 2,646 in Manhattan
  • 1,999 in the Bronx
  • 877 on Staten Island

There are at least 2,213 people are hospitalized. Of those individuals, at least 525 are in the ICU, officials said.

Thousands of doctors and nurses could get sidelined very soon with very serious COVID-19 infections. That would knock out our ENTIRE medical system. Is that enough of a "worst case scenario" for this fool? Then you manufacture the masks?

How can a nation of 330 million with a $20 trillion GDP not be able to manufacture tens of millions of masks immediately?

We've got tons of money for the banks and the billionaires? Why the hell is there always immediate money for them and not now for our front-line nurses and doctors?

https://www.vox.com/2020/3/22/21189...ks-n95-respirator-doctors-nurses-shortage-ppe

Trump doesn't want to invoke the Defense Protection Act of 1950 which gives the president the authority to demand that businesses manufacture much-needed wartime supplies.

He tweeted that he's - get this - waiting for the "worst case scenario!"

Although Trump tweeted March 18 that he had signed the DPA, he said he would only be using it in a “worst case scenario in the future.”

ABC123

Gold Chaser
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
NYC Region Is Now An Epicenter of Coronavirus Pandemic

New York Times March 23, 2020

NYC Region Now Has 5% of Global Cases of Coronavirus

The city and its suburbs account for roughly 5 percent of global cases, forcing officials to take urgent steps to stem the outbreak.

Three weeks after its first coronavirus infection was discovered, the New York City region reached an alarming milestone on Sunday:

It now accounts for roughly 5 percent of the world’s confirmed cases, making it an epicenter of the pandemic and increasing pressure on officials to take more drastic measures.

Moving to stem the crisis on multiple fronts, Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo of New York pleaded with Federal officials to nationalize the manufacturing of medical supplies and ordered New York City to crack down on people congregating in public. He suggested some streets could be closed, allowing pedestrians more space.

The governor on Sunday announced measures intended to prepare for a wave of patients, including setting up temporary hospitals in three New York City suburbs and erecting a massive medical bivouac in the Jacob Javits Center on Manhattan’s West Side.

All told, more than 15,000 people in New York State have tested positive, with the vast majority in the New York City region. That is about half of the cases in the United States.

Sauce: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/22/nyregion/Coronavirus-new-York-epicenter.html

the_shootist

Trump 2020
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
When there are millions of people living on top of each other this should surprise no one. Inner city NYC folks aren't known to be the brightest bulbs on the tree when it comes to being careful and safe either. I feel badly for those few who are trying to do the right thing yet are trapped in that concrete jungle

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
NYC Region Is Now An Epicenter of Coronavirus Pandemic

New York Times March 23, 2020

NYC Region Now Has 5% of Global Cases of Coronavirus

The city and its suburbs account for roughly 5 percent of global cases, forcing officials to take urgent steps to stem the outbreak.

Three weeks after its first coronavirus infection was discovered, the New York City region reached an alarming milestone on Sunday:

It now accounts for roughly 5 percent of the world’s confirmed cases, making it an epicenter of the pandemic and increasing pressure on officials to take more drastic measures.

Moving to stem the crisis on multiple fronts, Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo of New York pleaded with Federal officials to nationalize the manufacturing of medical supplies and ordered New York City to crack down on people congregating in public. He suggested some streets could be closed, allowing pedestrians more space.

The governor on Sunday announced measures intended to prepare for a wave of patients, including setting up temporary hospitals in three New York City suburbs and erecting a massive medical bivouac in the Jacob Javits Center on Manhattan’s West Side.

All told, more than 15,000 people in New York State have tested positive, with the vast majority in the New York City region. That is about half of the cases in the United States.

Sauce: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/22/nyregion/Coronavirus-new-York-epicenter.html

Poor sanctuary city.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Screenshot_20200324-090317.png

Strawboss

Apocaloptimist
Site Mgr
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
https://www.zerohedge.com/s3/files/...ot 2020-03-24 at 7.27.42 AM.png?itok=pZOgoieq
1585058654489.png

According to this chart...a total of 118,754 people have been tested globally where we know what their outcome is. (Deaths + Recovered).

The rest of the total confirmed we don’t yet know what the outcomes are going to be.

Also - we don’t even know how reliable these numbers are...but it’s what we have to work with...

The death rate is calculated by dividing the total deaths by the total outcomes.

Death rate is currently at 14.1% and has been climbing as more outcomes are reported.

EricTheCat

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Today's update for Minnesota. A good sign if the slowing trend continues, which is a pretty big if. We are now almost 1 week since the statewide closures started.

COVID-19-MN-2020-03-24.JPG

Weatherman

In GIM since 2006
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter

ErrosionOfAccord

#1 Global Warmer
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
As posted elsewhere we have one case in this county. Here is her story.

Campbell County’s First And Only Documented Case Of Coronavirus Says She’s “Fine,” Encourages Community To Stay Home To Slow The Spread

“So, I’m the lone COVID-19 patient who has tested positive in Campbell County,” the Gillette wife and working mom told County 17, light-heartedly, via Facebook messenger Monday afternoon.

“Yep, that’s me,” she said.

In a candid 20-minute phone conversation that followed, the county resident revealed she wished to remain anonymous for the sake of her family and friends but felt compelled to share her experience with the virus over the past week and share her story.

“I kinda figured I’d speak out in an effort to maybe calm everyone down,” she said. “I know people are freaking out.”

There are some things she’d like the community to know about what it’s like to have the virus, and what’s important.

“I’m fine, really,” she began.

It started with a runny nose last Monday, she said.

Last Tuesday, on St. Patrick’s Day, she developed a cough and a low temperature.

“I thought I had a chest cold,” she said. “So, I decided to take off work and go to the doctor.”

The family’s physician tested her for flu. Negative.

Next, she was tested for RSV, a common respiratory virus. Also negative.

Last, the doctor said they’d be testing her for COVID-19.

She knew about the novel coronavirus, obviously. She’d read about the crisis in Wuhan, China online. She’d heard about cases in the U.S. and in Wyoming.

“I didn’t think I was going to test positive,” she said. “In fact, I can remember thinking the doctor was wasting a test. I hadn’t been out of the country. I hadn’t even been out of the state recently. I was just going to the doctors to see what could be done to treat the symptoms for my cold.”

She said she wasn’t really worried about the test results, but the family doctor, who she trusted, told her to stay at the house until they got the results back on Friday.

Thankfully, she followed her doctor’s orders and stayed home.

The doctor’s office called her early Friday afternoon to share her test results.

“They told me I had tested positive for coronavirus,” she said. “I denied it. I said, no. I don’t know. It’s not. Is it?” she recalled. She mostly remembers asking the voice on the other end of the line, “Now what?”

She’s going to have to isolate herself in her home away from family, the voice told her. “And the State (Health) Department is going to call and ask a bunch of questions including which people you’ve come into contact with outside of your family since Monday.”

Then, they hung up.

She tried to remember everyone she’d been in contact with. There were probably three or four people outside of her family and coworkers she had encountered, she thought.

--Advertisement--
Story Continues Below
Before she could even write the names down, she received a call from the Wyoming Department of Health (WDH).

“They were very nice,” she recalled. They took down the names and made contact with those people, she said. They would likely be asked if they had experienced any symptoms of COVID-19 including cough, fever, tiredness and difficulty breathing, and those who had displayed symptoms would likely get tested. To her knowledge, none did.

To prevent the spread of the virus in her home, she said the family has been using Clorox wipes and spray disinfectants nonstop. She wears a mask whenever she leaves the bedroom, which isn’t often, she admitted, and always uses the same plate, fork and cup before placing them directly in the dishwasher, which gets up to temperatures hot enough to kill the virus.

“We keep six feet away at all times,” she said.​
Since contracting COVID-19, she said her husband has been on his A-game. Her mom and mother-in-law have been taking turns bringing groceries and arts and crafts to the doorstep, where they drop them off. “They’re mostly bringing things to help keep the kids fed and busy,” she laughed. “But some of the crafty things have been kinda cool.”

“The kids and I have to speak through the bedroom door,” she said. “My husband, too. Even the dogs, since they don’t know yet too much about if it can transfer from humans to pets and we don’t want to risk it. We love our pets.”

She paused, presumably thinking of the experience as a whole.

“I might be able to go back out into the public on Thursday,” she said optimistically. “But, we’ll have to wait and see. The state of Wyoming actually has an order out on all of us – the 29 confirmed COVID-19 cases statewide – so, we will all need permission first before reentering society.”

Per protocol, a patient who tests positive for COVID-19 must be cleared by the WDH.

“I have had a really bad cough and runny nose and a slight fever,” she told County 17 when asked about her symptoms. “But, for the most part, I’m fine, really.”

She continued, “I don’t have any underlying health issues beyond asthma and I’m not struggling to beat the virus even with that,” she said. “I’ve been taking oral steroids and Tylenol. That’s it.”

Next, she asked that we assure our readers she has not left home. She added that she did not go to any local stores or restaurants when she was not feeling well.

“Tell everyone I didn’t go to out… I didn’t do anything,” she said. “Let people know I’m not out infecting!”

Although the illness hasn’t been anything major for her, specifically, she said, “If everybody just spent some time with their families right now and stayed home for the recommended 15 days, or more, I think a lot of the virus will kinda weed its way out of the community and we’d all be better off.”

Stay home with your families, she stressed, repeatedly.

https://county17.com/2020/03/24/cam...19-describes-what-its-like-to-have-the-virus/

EricTheCat

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
The projection here is that the USA and India will get much worse before they begin to get better.

View attachment 158785
https://www.zerohedge.com/health/here-where-everyone-world-now-corona-curve
J.P. Morgan is doing infection predictions now? :D

I agree with the gist of it. Mainly that this is only the start for the US and none of us know where China is really at. I made a note a while back that this coming Friday was when things will likely start getting real bad for the US.

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
S Korea has 50 million people. How do they only have 9k cases? Kimchee?

the_shootist

Trump 2020
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
J.P. Morgan is doing infection predictions now? :D

I agree with the gist of it. Mainly that this is only the start for the US and none of us know where China is really at. I made a note a while back that this coming Friday was when things will likely start getting real bad for the US.
Their guess is as good as anyone else's, including all the alphabet health agencies

Varmint Hunter

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter ++

soupbone

Gold Member
Gold Chaser