• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Corona Virus News & Info

SongSungAU

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter

Krag

Planet earth
Platinum Bling
As the king of talk radio Bob Grant used to say, it's sick out there and getting sicker!!

It keeps getting worse and worse with no end in sight.

Most of these workers get no sick pay, so they are showing up to work ill and infecting others. Then you buy the meat they cut and eat corona-burgers!!

Nice...
What Happens If Workers Cutting Up the Nation’s Meat Get Sick?
As meatpackers rush to meet demand, their employees are starting to get COVID-19. But some workers say they’re going to work ill because they don’t have paid sick days and can be penalized for staying home.

https://www.propublica.org/article/what-happens-if-workers-cutting-up-the-nations-meat-get-sick

Oh, yeah...

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
As the king of talk radio Bob Grant used to say, it's sick out there and getting sicker!!

Most of these workers get no sick pay, so they are showing up to work ill and infecting others. Then you buy the meat they cut and eat corona-burgers!!

Nice...
As meatpackers rush to meet demand, their employees are starting to get COVID-19. But some workers say they’re going to work ill because they don’t have paid sick days and can be penalized for staying home.

https://www.propublica.org/article/what-happens-if-workers-cutting-up-the-nations-meat-get-sick

Oh, yeah...
Life isn't fair.

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter

the_shootist

Trump 2020
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++

Nice...

Oh, yeah...
Just cook it and you should be fine

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Edit = returning Scorpio's precious bandwidth he says I've been wasting - should make it easier to delete all my posts & attachments in bulk...

Last edited:

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
^^^ a muzzie & a guy named after a nut.......who is in charge of a country that has been protesting for over a year....... yea I'm going to take what they say seriously......:ponder:

Krag

Planet earth
Platinum Bling
Official US State Department press release dated February 7th:

https://www.state.gov/the-united-st...ombat-the-novel-coronavirus/#nav__primary-nav

This week the State Department has facilitated the transportation of nearly 17.8 tons of donated medical supplies to the Chinese people, including masks, gowns, gauze, respirators, and other vital materials. These donations are a testament to the generosity of the American people.

Today, the United States government is announcing it is prepared to spend up to $100 million in existing funds to assist China and other impacted countries, both directly and through multilateral organizations, to contain and combat the novel coronavirus.

This commitment – along with the hundreds of millions generously donated by the American private sector – demonstrates strong U.S. leadership in response to the outbreak.

This assistance only adds to what the United States has done to strengthen health security programs around the world.

For the last 20 years, the United States through USAID has invested over one billion dollars to strengthen the capacity of more than 25 countries to prevent, detect, and respond to existing and emerging infectious disease threats.

That's what Mike Pompeo did!

I have no problem they sent the stuff to China, but doesn't it make sense to make sure at the same time that we have plenty of stuff ready for our guys?!?!?

But they didn't, so this is beyond dumb. I mean, where's the 17.8 tons of PPE's the US State Department is shipping to our doctors and nurses?

This shows how stupid our "leaders" are.

the_shootist

Trump 2020
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
So much easier to scare the sheeple into a few months of lock down? There will be nothing left............

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
Supposedly the first time you get it, it weakens your heart. The second time you get it you fall over from a heart attack.

:don't know:

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Peaks COVID-19 Response Committee
Updates and Bulletin council to Consider Extension of Stay-at-Home Order

Will Islands be Protected?

The Portland City Council will be meeting this Monday night, March 30th, at 5:00pm. The meeting with be accessible to the public by Zoom. There will be opportunity for public comment.

Being considered is the extension of the current Stay-at-Home order which expires today.

Does the order offer sufficient protections to the Portland Island communities dependent on the lifelines of ferries and barges for their food, fuel?

How will the order help the City cope with the expected influxes of vacationers during the coming months?

You have an opportunity to make your thoughts known on these questions.

Below are directions on how to remotely access the City Council meeting, as well as the description of the Stay-at-Home agenda item.

Your interest and participation are strongly encouraged.

Thank you.

BigJim#1-8

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
1585512508466.png

tigerwillow1

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Does the order offer sufficient protections to the Portland Island communities dependent on the lifelines of ferries and barges for their food, fuel?
I lived in the Portland area for 30 years and never knew there were island communities without road access. Never heard of any ferries near Portland.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I lived in the Portland area for 30 years and never knew there were island communities without road access. Never heard of any ferries near Portland.
I lived on Peaks, often referred to as the commuter island. Many others are private while others like Peaks are an extension of the city of Portland. Riding the ferry was a daily experience until I worked on the island full time. There's one store out there when was just told today the owner said as soon as one person gets sick he's going to shut it down. Then some community board is saying they want to take it over if that happens.

Btw, this is Maine, not oreygone.

Krag

Planet earth
Platinum Bling
Herd immunity should be the aim: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/28/...l?action=click&module=Opinion&pgtype=Homepage

Gary North is pushing the drug that Trump was touting. Others are working on interferon drugs for this. We are going to see huge spikes of cases soon. At Home Depot I heard they want to test all the associates, a few weeks ago they were saying that no one in any of their stores have it, until their lawyers made them change their tune.

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Edit = returning Scorpio's precious bandwidth he says I've been wasting - should make it easier to delete all my posts & attachments in bulk...

Last edited:

stAGgering

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Time for island of Maine reunion... based on the Havens just to my east.

What's with the link to the comic book stuff?
Why don't you watch it theyah Bub?

Here ya go. Just had two pole polishing New York dudettes exchange gunfire with islanders out on Vinalhaven.
Seems as though they did not follow rules.
No non island residents allowed beyond essential.
No shopping in island by non islanders.
SO... two faggots go in store, told to get out and self quarantine for 14 days.
They refuse to leave without stuff.
Islanders drop two trees across driveway after they pull in, New Yorkers pull out gun... on gun freekin' island and noise ensues.
Coast Guard, Knox County, and Marine Patrol cops sent.
Not sure what happened after, bet NY stink sticks told to GTF off island by authorities if they wish to live and not have house burned down.
Sounds like the late 60's early 70' all over again. Boats sinking and houses burning like good ol' 'Murica !

Stuff is gonna get cray cray. We ain't seen nothin' yet.

Last edited:

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Just a little blurb from a popular world champion arm wrestler pertaining to quarantine and growth that I think is a good perspective to here

Krag

Planet earth
Platinum Bling
I lived on Peaks, often referred to as the commuter island. Many others are private while others like Peaks are an extension of the city of Portland. Riding the ferry was a daily experience until I worked on the island full time. There's one store out there when was just told today the owner said as soon as one person gets sick he's going to shut it down. Then some community board is saying they want to take it over if that happens.

Btw, this is Maine, not oreygone.
Maine is a wild place; I did a lot of work on farms there, both conventional like blueberries and organic. Also hiked the A/T there. I'm curious what the locals' take is on this? Eventually even the non-rural parts of the country will be hit, those vulnerable with weaker immune systems. Kids are not generally affected which speaks to the immune system as being key to survival and health. I would rather avoid gmo, junk foods, sugary crap, etc., and crazy women, while drinking bitter herbal teas than be vulnerable to this nasty microbe and all the others out there.

Oops, my bad, in Oregon not Maine...

Last edited:

tigerwillow1

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
I lived on Peaks, often referred to as the commuter island.
Mystery solved: I was assuming Portland, Oregon. There are 2 big islands I know of in the Columbia river, one inhabited with a bridge, and the other with no bridge and not inhabited.

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Really hoping this pulls medical mfg back to the US. Making pills is pretty simple & automated it should be cheaper to mfg here and have the security to respond to things.

Hystckndle

SWEATEQUITYIS$$$
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame

SongSungAU

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
In the Guiliani interview
I think he said he had prescribed this regimen for +- 500 patients.
He also said:
Goal # 1: Not to die
Goal # 2: Not to go to hospital
Goal # 3: Not to get put on a vent tube
I liked the guy
I liked the doctor also!

I especially liked this part of the interview where the doctor says:

This is to the American people: If you are young* and healthy, you'll be fine. Your immune system is strong enough, statistically it's been proven, you will recover. You may be miserable for two weeks but you will recover, you'll be fine.​
Rudy asked if he would prescribe medication for these young people and the doctor replied: I don't, the medication is not a candy, it does have side-affects. I have to have a good reason. Everything in life is a risk vs. benefit analysis.​
Rudy asked what happens after the five days of medication and the doctor replied, "Let me define success in this case, not to die."​
Rudy said so I've taken the meds for the five days and I call you back and say I'm not feeling any better.​
The doctor replied, The fact that you are talking to me and you don't have a tube down your throat, that's a good sign.​
* the doctor said he defines "young" as less than 60.

Last edited:

the_shootist

Trump 2020
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
1585534721651.png

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

SongSungAU

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
MC200329.jpg

FDA issues emergency authorization of anti-malaria drug for coronavirus care
The drugs have been championed by President Donald Trump for treatment despite scant evidence.
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/29/fda-emergency-authorization-anti-malaria-drug-155095

I notice in the Political article, they smear the President with the line "The drugs have been championed by President Donald Trump for treatment despite scant evidence."

The Political writer must not have heard of the studies in France nor of Dr. Zelenko's great success with patients in New York. Or more likely, the writer ignores news that doesn't fit his/her agenda.

Last edited: