• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Corona Virus News & Info

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

Scorpio

Hunter of Chin Li's Boo Hoo Flu
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
just as a follow up to vlad stating he heard of pay cuts across a hospital a bit from him,

talking to someone here,

all elective type operations and the like have been totally shut down,
all clinic visits, etc.

meaning many hospitals are losing dough hand over fist because the client base is way off,

this has translated into a orthopedic surgeon who normally makes $600K a year, being furloughed, and paycuts to many others deemed 'essential' like a cardio nurse.

certainly logical and I could allow that to be true

Scorpio

Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
she was also stating the reuse of personal masks are mandated, when the effective life of those was supposed to be 4 hrs.

they have to take them off, put them in a paper bag, leave them at work, then next shift reuse that same mask.

this was when I introduced her to the world of bean counters. Explaining to her that corps and the bean counters will absolutely use this going forward, where in order to cut costs, they will be pulling all manner of things due to the beer virus

Scorpio

Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
ok so Iceland with that pop, less than a burb of NYC, has 0.4% confirmed, and 0.282% deads

minor minor minor

equating that to US pop and numbers, our deads would be 3513,
so our death rate is 2x Iceland

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Deja vu WTF !!! We did this WHOLE thing 47 years ago !!!
The Great Toilet-Paper Panic

It started with an unsubstantiated rumor. “You can laugh now,” said Johnny Carson on The Tonight Show in 1973, “but there is an acute shortage of toilet paper.” There wasn’t— but it didn’t matter. The broadcast sent America into a mass panic. Millions of shoppers swarmed into grocery stores to begin hoarding toilet paper. The Scott Paper Company insisted that the shortage was being artificially induced, and urged people to stop panic-buying the product. Nevertheless, for four months, toilet paper—absent from the selves—was bartered, traded, and even sold on the black market. Out of nowhere, a shortage was born. Read more: https://www.theatlantic.com/video/ind... "The Great Toilet Paper Scare" was directed by Brian Gersten (https://www.briangersten.org). It is part of The Atlantic Selects, an online showcase of short documentaries from independent filmmakers, curated by The Atlantic.

Great 10 min. video !

SongSungAU

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
expert comments about herd immunity
https://www.sciencemediacentre.org/expert-comments-about-herd-immunity/

excerpt:
Unfortunately, a very rough estimate suggests that we will only reach herd immunity to Covid-19 when approximately 60% of the population is immune (and remember that immunity is currently only reached by getting the infection as we have no vaccine!). The major downside is that this will mean that in the UK alone at least 36 million people will need to be infected and recover. It is almost impossible to predict what that will mean in terms of human costs but we are conservatively looking at 10,000s deaths, and possibly at 100,000s of death. The only way to make this work would be to spread out these millions of cases over a relatively long period of time so that the NHS does not get overwhelmed. Social distancing might contribute to this. Clearly the government believes that this process is manageable and building up herd immunity is the most effective way to stem Covid-19. I note that the UK is the only country in Europe that is following this strategy. Other countries also use scientific advice to guide their research and it is unclear to me why the UK is alone in their laissez-faire attitude to the virus. Perhaps the government has access to modelling data that suggests that the numbers I quoted above in numbers of cases and deaths are unavoidable in any scenario (e.g. even with prolonged social distancing strategies) but unfortunately these data, if they exist, have not been made available to the wider academic community so it is difficult to comment. However, last night’s U-turn banning large events suggests that the government’s policy is still very much subject to change. This change was perhaps influenced by the unprecedented outcry of scientists on the lax containment policy of the government.

Scorpio

Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
4/1417 = .282%
1417/364260 = .4%

Last edited:

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
just as a follow up to vlad stating he heard of pay cuts across a hospital a bit from him,

talking to someone here,

all elective type operations and the like have been totally shut down,
all clinic visits, etc.

meaning many hospitals are losing dough hand over fist because the client base is way off,

this has translated into a orthopedic surgeon who normally makes $600K a year, being furloughed, and paycuts to many others deemed 'essential' like a cardio nurse.

certainly logical and I could allow that to be true
I posted here or elsewhere in another thread about going to get a CT scan for the kidney cancer doctor. The place nomally looks like a small version of Grand Central Station. The day of the scan it was like a ghost town. You literally could have heard a cricket in there. All chairs / seating were six feet apart, any desk you approached reminded you of the Cashiers Windows at a gaming resort, but you had to stand 4-5 feet back from a plexi-glas shield the clerk was behind. And she would hand you papers wearing surgical gloves. The place had made a FIVE Question slip asking you about WuFlu possibilites, That was your Hall Pass you had to carry around.
When I finally got to the CT-Tech she told me all staff hours had been cut in half (20 hrs) so everybody could get a paycheck and nobody was laid-off yet.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Little Rock Arkansas now has a cerfew 9pm-5am. Don't know the specifics, but presume it's the same as other places.

Scorpio

Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
we still going on about this?

deaths to positives is my figure, (and you are correct, I wrote 364260 but the calc was to 4/1417)
you win, I had a typo and went back now and revised that for you

if you want to use deaths to tests, who cares
doesn't matter

still doesn't warrant all this fuss, as I provided you the exact numbers as used

not to mention it is a worthless jump point anyway,
not even a large suburb of NYC in size and you want to make some big argument out of it.

the only true death number is after it is all over,
the rest is just wasting bandwidth

Last edited:

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
FYI Colonoscopy was scheduled for 3/23 was canceled. They called 4/1 to reschedule..... still playing phone tag so I don't know if she pushed it out 2 weeks or 2 months.

Last edited:

SongSungAU

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
I am so glad that Donald Trump is our President.
Watching these daily press broadcasts shows all the hard work an untold number of people are doing.
The strong leadership DJT is providing is making a great difference the likes of which I don't know will ever be fully known.
The man inspires people, that is for sure.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I am so glad that Donald Trump is our President.
Watching these daily press broadcasts shows all the hard work an untold number of people are doing.
The strong leadership DJT is providing is making a great difference the likes of which I don't know will ever be fully known.
The man inspires people, that is for sure.
I couldn't handle his job for half a day.

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
I couldn't handle his job for half a day.
I think I could handle the bedroom duties as long as Melania is under the sheets too.

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Scorpio - you've got your bandwith back...

bye

SongSungAU

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Hydroxychloroquine proving an effective treatment for coronavirus patients around the world (3 min 49 sec):

Published on Apr 1, 2020 by One America News Network​

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Steal them masks....https://www.rt.com/news/484935-us-takes-masks-germany/
Berlin police chief Barbara Slowik told Tagesspiegel that she believes 3M redirected the shipment because of the US government’s export ban. The company denied the charge, while a White House spokesman told another German newspaper that the accusation of piracy was “completely wrong.”

Yet Germany isn’t the only country to see its shipments apparently nabbed by the Americans. In Canada last week, Le Journal de Montreal reported that a shipment of masks bound for hospitals in the city was diverted to the US state of Ohio. Shipping firm DHL later attributed this to a “computer error,” but Montreal hospital supplier Fan Zhou claimed his order eventually arrived 10,000 masks short.

As a planeload of masks was loaded up and prepared for departure from Shanghai to France this week, American buyers turned up on the tarmac at the last minute to purchase the shipment for three times its value. “A French order was bought out with cash by Americans on the tarmac, and the plane that was to fly to France took off for the US instead,” Rénaud Muselier, the head of the southeastern Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur region told RT France on Wednesday. Then, as now, Washington officials denied having any involvement.

the_shootist

Trump 2020
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Don't I remember when this beer virus first came out that even the N95 masks offered little protection form getting the virus? Why all of a sudden they're now as valuable as toilet paper?

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Don't I remember when this beer virus first came out that even the N95 masks offered little protection form getting the virus? Why all of a sudden they're now as valuable as toilet paper?
Correct, but a little protection is better than nothing, OR maybe our government was lying to keep demand down for a while and now the cat is out of the bag.

the_shootist

Trump 2020
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Correct, but a little protection is better than nothing, OR maybe our government was lying to keep demand down for a while and now the cat is out of the bag.
Agreed but it seems to me that an awful lot of people are putting an awful lot of time and energy into something that offers 'a little protection'. Our government is always lying pretty much 24/7

The entire mask hullabaloo seems to me like a lot of hubub about nothing, another distraction from something else (no, I have no idea what that something else might be)

SongSungAU

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Santilli: ‘I credit my life being saved’ to President Trump and COVID-19 task force (5 min 10 sec):

Published on Apr 3, 2020 by One America News Network​

the_shootist

Trump 2020
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Fookin' flaming idiots! How God damned stupid are these people?

https://www.foxnews.com/us/coronavirus-patients-delivered-comfort-ship-new-york-mistake

EXCLUSIVE - Multiple patients infected with coronavirus were transferred to the hospital ship Comfort from the Javits Center in New York by mistake, three U.S. officials tell Fox News.

The number of Covid-19 patients brought on board the hospital ship was estimated to be “less than five,” one official said. The information had not been previously reported.

ABC123

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++

the_shootist

Trump 2020
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
The World Bank issued “pandemic bonds” in 2017 with an interest rate of 12% that were set to mature in July 2020, with one catch: If “coronavirus“ became a pandemic - and in 2017 they called Coronavirus by name - then investors would lose all their money.

https://media.8kun.top/file_store/4...fae2d37de2c918b14cfe745d55234a8b6feec9d9e.mp4
Nice find!!

Funny how that worked out, huh?

Investors will make the same mistake again because people are stupid. There's a sucker born every minute and stupid SHOULD hurt!

ABC123

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
NYC ICU Doctor says COV-19 doesn't look viral at all, calls it oxygen failure like altitude sickness

Credentials check out. Loads of search results on him; credentialled at many hospitals in NYC.

His twitter page: https://twitter.com/cameronks?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

ABC123

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
New York Data Confirms Once Again - 99% of Coronavirus Fatalities Have Pre-Existing Conditions - 94% of Fatalities Over Age 45! …Open The Economy!

It’s very difficult to find the numbers – as if they are being hidden. The reason may be because the actual numbers of coronavirus fatalities indicate the China coronavirus is not nearly as deadly as heralded by the Mainstream media and the results are similar to flu-like data.
Initial data out of New York show a pattern consistent with the rest of the world – the elderly and the sick are almost exclusively at risk by the coronavirus. Individuals without pre-existing conditions and younger Americans under the age of 65 are at a very very low risk of dying from the coronavirus.

Steve Elliott Grassfire reports today that the “New York Coronavirus Data Confirms EVERYTHING about age and condition of victims, meaning it’s time for a more targeted strategy”.

Data was finally located related to the China coronavirus deaths in New York:

http://www.hideoutnow.com/2020/04/breaking-new-york-data-confirms-once.html
1586098348713.png
1586098362476.png

ABC123

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
States and Hospitals Falsely Reporting Deaths As Covid-19

Review of the CDC statistics indicate a sudden drop in pnuemonia and influenza deaths compared to earlier this flu season and the two prior flu seasons. Meanwhile, states and hospitals are reporting increasing numbers attributed to covid-19.

20-25% increase in influenza but a 17-23% decrease in deaths is highly suspicious.

CDC Data Fact: 2017-2018 was a worst flu season than current

CDC Data Fact: 2018-2019 was a typical flu season than

CDC Data Fact: 2019-2020 is a worst flu season than last year (2018-2019)

SCS Data Fact: Weekly influenza for early 2019 is 20%-25% fewer than early 2020 (estimated from CDC graph)

CDC Data Fact: Mortality from Pneumonia + Influenza for early 2019 is higher than early 2020

If the current flu season is 25% greater than the prior flu season, would NOT expect the pneumonia/flu mortality rate to be significantly less.

CDC Data Fact: since the states instituted stay-at-home and more covid-19 cases have been reported,

flu mortality has decreased 17% and 23% from the previous year.

Data indicates that many pneumonia/influenza deaths are being recoded as "covid-19" related.

More $$$ for a covid-19 hospital stay/mortality than influenza thanks to Congress.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/#S2

1586098435041.png
1586098457519.png
1586098464228.png

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Incorrect. Masks were the first thing the fly off the shelves months ago. I took pictures from Home Depot of the empty shelves and messages(pertaining to the mask sales)

the_shootist

Trump 2020
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
States and Hospitals Falsely Reporting Deaths As Covid-19

Review of the CDC statistics indicate a sudden drop in pnuemonia and influenza deaths compared to earlier this flu season and the two prior flu seasons. Meanwhile, states and hospitals are reporting increasing numbers attributed to covid-19.

20-25% increase in influenza but a 17-23% decrease in deaths is highly suspicious.

CDC Data Fact: 2017-2018 was a worst flu season than current

CDC Data Fact: 2018-2019 was a typical flu season than

CDC Data Fact: 2019-2020 is a worst flu season than last year (2018-2019)

SCS Data Fact: Weekly influenza for early 2019 is 20%-25% fewer than early 2020 (estimated from CDC graph)

CDC Data Fact: Mortality from Pneumonia + Influenza for early 2019 is higher than early 2020

If the current flu season is 25% greater than the prior flu season, would NOT expect the pneumonia/flu mortality rate to be significantly less.

CDC Data Fact: since the states instituted stay-at-home and more covid-19 cases have been reported,

flu mortality has decreased 17% and 23% from the previous year.

Data indicates that many pneumonia/influenza deaths are being recoded as "covid-19" related.

More $$$ for a covid-19 hospital stay/mortality than influenza thanks to Congress.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/#S2

View attachment 160425 View attachment 160426 View attachment 160427
They can't keep this going for much longer

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
What if some people are infected with both virus'?

I'd think that some percentage of people who get regflu will also get wuflu. Is there any reason as to why that can't happen?

Imho, it's perfectly reasonable that it might happen in some percentage of people, but because the wuflu symptoms are the worst of the two, that's what it gets counted as if/when they die.
....and that might also explain why sometimes colds/flu can seem worse than other times we've been ill. There may be two or more bugs makin' ya sick sometimes.

the_shootist

Trump 2020
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
What if some people are infected with both virus'?

I'd think that some percentage of people who get regflu will also get wuflu. Is there any reason as to why that can't happen?

Imho, it's perfectly reasonable that it might happen in some percentage of people, but because the wuflu symptoms are the worst of the two, that's what it gets counted as if/when they die.
....and that might also explain why sometimes colds/flu can seem worse than other times we've been ill. There may be two or more bugs makin' ya sick sometimes.
Someone here said it best....
people aren't dying from the corona virus, they're dying with it

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Incorrect. Masks were the first thing the fly off the shelves months ago. I took pictures from Home Depot of the empty shelves and messages(pertaining to the mask sales)
Yep. Before the end of January they were getting hit hard.

Buck

Village Idiot
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
i hear singing in the background...

Scorpio

Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
ABC, you are flat kickin' it man,

nice job

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Someone here said it best....
people aren't dying from the corona virus, they're dying with it
Perhaps, but the virus is what pushed 'em over the edge.

If grandma is peacefully sitting in her wheelchair a few yards from the edge of a cliff and someone comes along and pushes her over the cliff to her death, what killed her? The diabetes and high blood pressure she suffered from, or the fall over the cliff?
Remember, she had been sitting there not immediately in danger of dying.

the_shootist

Trump 2020
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Perhaps, but the virus is what pushed 'em over the edge.

If grandma is peacefully sitting in her wheelchair a few yards from the edge of a cliff and someone comes along and pushes her over the cliff to her death, what killed her? The diabetes and high blood pressure she suffered from, or the fall over the cliff?
Remember, she had been sitting there not immediately in danger of dying.
Yeah, just like when the annual flu train comes roaring through the country every year. This process is nothing new, nothing at all. We see it every year and it seems to be more publicized during election years