• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Corona Virus News & Info

ABC123

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
we are going to nee more rope

Australian expert says lock down to last well past Christmas and social distancing for another 18 months to two years.

Coronavirus: New modelling reveals Australians could be locked in isolation for months

We might need to get used to being stuck inside as new modelling shows a drink at the pub may be further away than we initially thought.

Australians can expect to be cooped up in isolation until summer, based on yet-to-be-released modelling that reveals the number of hospitalised coronavirus cases won’t peak until the end of October.

The modelling, presented to intensive care consultants and seen by news.com.au, shows strict social distancing measures will halve the number of infections in NSW compared to what would have happened without the shutdown.

If not for the restrictions, the rate of transmission would have been much more aggressive and hospitalisations would have peaked in July.

The modelling shows that, with less interference from the government, there would have been a peak of 450 hospitalised cases for every 100,000 people in NSW, with the virus spreading in the community at a rate of 2.4.

With social distancing, the data shows the peak will now be late October, with 180 hospitalised cases per 100,000 people at a reproduction rate of 1.6.

The modelling shows social distancing measures are effective at flattening the curve and many fewer people will get infected, but also suggests Australia will be fighting the virus for a longer period than many expected.

Considering NSW has the highest case numbers, medical experts believe this projection will likely translate into the extension of nationwide restrictions until summer.

It has also created a real concern within the medical industry that intensive care units will be overwhelmed by the volume of seriously ill coronavirus patients.

Australian National University infectious diseases physician and microbiologist Professor Peter Collignon said he was sceptical of the validity of models that forecast infection rates.

But he told news.com.au the country would need to remain locked down, to some degree, well past Christmas despite the growth rate of new infections halving in recent weeks.

"You know what the bad news is? We're going to have to do a lot of this social distancing for another 18 months to two years,” he said.

"This virus ain't going to go anywhere soon. We'll have a reprieve next spring because there's less transmission of viruses in summer.

“But until we get a vaccine that is safe and works or until we find the evidence is wrong or unless something radical changes with the data, there's no way, in my view, we're going to get rid of all the virus from Australia.”

https://www.news.com.au/finance/economy/australian-economy/coronavirus-new-modelling-reveals-australians-could-be-locked-in-isolation-for-months/news-story/221c5a7b21cc8dadb997ac5b6a51ba05

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
We see it every year and it seems to be more publicized during election years
Exactly, The World Leaders, excluding a few, hate DJT, along with the DNC, MSM, butt-hurt GOP, Bernie's bunch, Hollywood Elites, and the Billionaires Boys' Club. All have MSM doing their bidding and trying their best to derail any possible DJT second term.
I have seen nothing that indicates Wuflu is killing more people than RegFlu.
Sensationalizm by the Left for Total World Dominance at Full Throttle. IMO

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
we still going on about this?

deaths to positives is my figure, (and you are correct, I wrote 364260 but the calc was to 4/1417)
you win, I had a typo and went back now and revised that for you

if you want to use deaths to tests, who cares
doesn't matter

still doesn't warrant all this fuss, as I provided you the exact numbers as used

not to mention it is a worthless jump point anyway,
not even a large suburb of NYC in size and you want to make some big argument out of it.

the only true death number is after it is all over,
the rest is just wasting bandwidth
you are correct, you need to go back to math class

no wonder the french were waiving white flags all over kingdom come in ww2

general-there are 30000 troops at our border

omg, omg, omg

in reality, there were 300
Yeah - I was trying to make sense of the numbers, and got treated like... uh... "dirt"... to be polite.
Such CLASS - What a friendly attitude personally directed at a 10 year member who has never "dissed" anybody... Noted. Going back through the threads to delete my "worthless waste of bandwidth".

Agreed but it seems to me that an awful lot of people are putting an awful lot of time and energy into something that offers 'a little protection'. Our government is always lying pretty much 24/7

The entire mask hullabaloo seems to me like a lot of hubub about nothing, another distraction from something else (no, I have no idea what that something else might be)
That hubbub was - imho - due to the fact that NONE of our governments had enough "strategic supplies" of MASKS to "go around to everybody". That was the case in the Czech Republic too - but the government made it mandatory for EVERYBODY to wear "face covering - home-made pieces of cloth if no masks - and ANY sort of glasses", from the start - because they were HONEST with their population that ANY protection for the mouth, nose & eyes was better than NONE. Other governments - including France - with not enough stock to help even the hospitals for one week - decided to tell the "sheeple" that "Masks don't work" or "People don't know how to wear masks efficiently" or "Masks are unnecessary if you aren't sick" to COVER their LACK OF PREPAREDNESS... (and ended up having to SHUT DOWN THEIR ECONOMIES...) just to SAVE FACE...

Last edited:

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Yeah - I was trying to make sense of the numbers, and got treated like... uh... "dirt"... to be polite.
Such CLASS - What a friendly attitude personally directed at a 10 year member who has never "dissed" anybody... Noted. Going back through the threads to delete my "worthless waste of bandwidth".

That hubbub was - imho - due to the fact that NONE of our governments had enough "strategic supplies" of MASKS to "go around to everybody". That was the case in the Czech Republic too - but the government made it mandatory for EVERYBODY to wear "face covering - home-made pieces of cloth if no masks - and ANY sort of glasses", from the start - because they were HONEST with their population that ANY protection for the mouth, nose & eyes was better than NONE. Other governments - including France - with not enough stock to help even the hospitals for one week - decided to tell the "sheeple" that "Masks don't work" or "People don't know how to wear masks efficiently" or "Masks are unnecessary if you aren't sick" to COVER their LACK OF PREPAREDNESS... (and ended up having to SHUT DOWN THEIR ECONOMIES...) just to SAVE FACE...
People put way too much faith in government. Actually, they expect too much from the government.

Last edited:

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Listening to Bill Cunningham's Sunday Night radio show he took over from Matt Drudge years ago.
A lot of talk that even the updated models of predicted death rates are running far HIGHER than the actual numbers that are being reported.
Even RegFlu numbers are down compared to previous yrs.
Keep washing your hands and practicing social distancing.

We may get through this faster than the so-called experts and LeftStreamMedia are planning.

Buck

Village Idiot
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
we are going to nee more rope

Australian expert says lock down to last well past Christmas and social distancing for another 18 months to two years.

Coronavirus: New modelling reveals Australians could be locked in isolation for months

We might need to get used to being stuck inside as new modelling shows a drink at the pub may be further away than we initially thought.

Australians can expect to be cooped up in isolation until summer, based on yet-to-be-released modelling that reveals the number of hospitalised coronavirus cases won’t peak until the end of October.

The modelling, presented to intensive care consultants and seen by news.com.au, shows strict social distancing measures will halve the number of infections in NSW compared to what would have happened without the shutdown.

If not for the restrictions, the rate of transmission would have been much more aggressive and hospitalisations would have peaked in July.

The modelling shows that, with less interference from the government, there would have been a peak of 450 hospitalised cases for every 100,000 people in NSW, with the virus spreading in the community at a rate of 2.4.

With social distancing, the data shows the peak will now be late October, with 180 hospitalised cases per 100,000 people at a reproduction rate of 1.6.

The modelling shows social distancing measures are effective at flattening the curve and many fewer people will get infected, but also suggests Australia will be fighting the virus for a longer period than many expected.

Considering NSW has the highest case numbers, medical experts believe this projection will likely translate into the extension of nationwide restrictions until summer.

It has also created a real concern within the medical industry that intensive care units will be overwhelmed by the volume of seriously ill coronavirus patients.

Australian National University infectious diseases physician and microbiologist Professor Peter Collignon said he was sceptical of the validity of models that forecast infection rates.

But he told news.com.au the country would need to remain locked down, to some degree, well past Christmas despite the growth rate of new infections halving in recent weeks.

"You know what the bad news is? We're going to have to do a lot of this social distancing for another 18 months to two years,” he said.

"This virus ain't going to go anywhere soon. We'll have a reprieve next spring because there's less transmission of viruses in summer.

“But until we get a vaccine that is safe and works or until we find the evidence is wrong or unless something radical changes with the data, there's no way, in my view, we're going to get rid of all the virus from Australia.”

https://www.news.com.au/finance/economy/australian-economy/coronavirus-new-modelling-reveals-australians-could-be-locked-in-isolation-for-months/news-story/221c5a7b21cc8dadb997ac5b6a51ba05
no need to build more jails, just turn the peoples own homes into their own personal cells, it makes so much sense and leaves more money for parties and pay raises for themselves...

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter

engineear

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Listening to Bill Cunningham's Sunday Night radio show he took over from Matt Drudge years ago.
A lot of talk that even the updated models of predicted death rates are running far HIGHER than the actual numbers that are being reported.
Even RegFlu numbers are down compared to previous yrs.
Keep washing your hands and practicing social distancing.

We may get through this faster than the so-called experts and LeftStreamMedia are planning.
I don't think so. They've got the 3 legged stool out and they will milk this bitch until it turns inside out.

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
PA : Funny and TRUE,
From ConantheLibertarian,
"With the state (PA)on lockdown - State Liquor Control Board stores closed.

Within a week Luzerne Co ERs were filled with jittery alcoholics - and maybe a dozen COVID patients.

The state reopened Liquor stores.
...Doctors orders...

You can make Purell with Everclear and Aloe Vera Gel - so there’s a public safety aspect."

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
jittery alcoholics
By jittery they mean in danger of dying?
....or just the kind of jittery a smoker might get when he's out of cigs?

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
By jittery they mean in danger of dying?
....or just the kind of jittery a smoker might get when he's out of cigs?
I did not write the text.
Your guess is as good as mine.

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I did not write the text.
Your guess is as good as mine.
I realize that. It was moreso a rhetorical question because had they actually been on the verge of death, they'd have been admitted as opposed to being sent to the liquor store. Lol

My take on it is that by jittery, they mean nervous about suddenly having to deal with reality. Lol

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
I realize that. It was moreso a rhetorical question because had they actually been on the verge of death, they'd have been admitted as opposed to being sent to the liquor store. Lol

My take on it is that by jittery, they mean nervous about suddenly having to deal with reality. Lol
1586187739734.png

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
If there's so many people who would be in danger of dying if they don't get their liquor, what happens to these people when/if they get arrested? Do they get booze in jail, (ie: because it's their "medicine", so they gotta give it to 'em) or do they have to go cold turkey? I assume the latter. If so, what is the dif between going cold turkey in jail vs not in jail?

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
If there's so many people who would be in danger of dying if they don't get their liquor, what happens to these people when/if they get arrested? Do they get booze in jail, (ie: because it's their "medicine", so they gotta give it to 'em) or do they have to go cold turkey? I assume the latter. If so, what is the dif between going cold turkey in jail vs not in jail?
Most jails /prisons have the incarcerated w/ drug/ alcohol addiction go "Cold Turkey" but under medical observation. If the inmate gets in a bad way that staff have meds at their disposal or if critical get them to a hospital under guard.

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
PA : Funny and TRUE,
From ConantheLibertarian,
"With the state (PA)on lockdown - State Liquor Control Board stores closed.

Within a week Luzerne Co ERs were filled with jittery alcoholics - and maybe a dozen COVID patients.

The state reopened Liquor stores.
...Doctors orders...

You can make Purell with Everclear and Aloe Vera Gel - so there’s a public safety aspect."

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
FYI Colonoscopy was scheduled for 3/23 was canceled. They called 4/1 to reschedule..... still playing phone tag so I don't know if she pushed it out 2 weeks or 2 months.
UPDATE: Scheduling now beginning in May like it's no big deal. So it appears we had a 6 week setback.

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame

ABC123

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Doctor Prescribing Hydroxychloroquine Says All of His "Very, Very Ill" Patients with Coronavirus Became Symptom Free within 8-12 Hours (VIDEO)

A Los Angeles doctor prescribing hydroxychloroquine in conjunction with zinc is seeing a 100% success rate with every patient he has treated suffering from the Coronavirus.

“Every patient I’ve prescribed [hydroxychloroquine] to has been very, very ill and within 8 to 12 hours, they were basically symptom-free,” said Dr. Anthony Cardillo, the CEO of Mend Urgent Care.

“So clinically I am seeing a resolution” for people suffering from the Coronavirus.

WATCH:

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/04/doctor-prescribing-hydroxychloroquine-says-patients-coronavirus-became-symptom-free-within-8-12-hours-video/

ABC123

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
News reports stating the NCMI November Report story is false

Defense official says media reports about November coronavirus intel assessment are false

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/defense-november-coronavirus-intelligence-assessment-reports-false

NCMI Director Counters ABC Story Claiming November Intelligence Document Laid Out Coronavirus Concerns

https://dailycaller.com/2020/04/08/national-center-for-medical-intelligence-director-counters-abc-coronavirus/

Dr. R. Shane Day, Director of the Defense Intelligence Agency’s National Center for Medical Intelligence (NCMI), issued a statement on Wednesday countering ABC News’ claim that his agency laid out coronavirus concerns in a November intelligence report.

The report, released by ABC News Wednesday morning, claimed: “U.S. intelligence officials were warning that a contagion was sweeping through China’s Wuhan region, changing the patterns of life and business and posing a threat to the population, according to four sources briefed on the secret reporting.”

“Two officials familiar with the document’s contents” reportedly told ABC that those concerns “were detailed in a November intelligence report by the military’s National Center for Medical Intelligence (NCMI).”

From the ABC News story:

"The report was the result of analysis of wire and computer intercepts, coupled with satellite images. It raised alarms because an out-of-control disease would pose a serious threat to U.S. forces in Asia — forces that depend on the NCMI’s work. And it paints a picture of an American government that could have ramped up mitigation and containment efforts far earlier to prepare for a crisis poised to come home.

‘Analysts concluded it could be a cataclysmic event,’ one of the sources said of the NCMI’s report. ‘It was then briefed multiple times to’ the Defense Intelligence Agency, the Pentagon’s Joint Staff and the White House."

The sources told the news outlet that a “detailed explanation of the problem” appeared in President Donald Trump’s “Daily Brief of intelligence matters in early January.”

“The timeline of the intel side of this may be further back than we’re discussing,” a source reportedly told ABC. “But this was definitely being briefed beginning at the end of November as something the military needed to take a posture on.”

Day, however, disputed the entire story Wednesday afternoon with what Time’s W.J. Hennigan called a “rare, unrequested statement.”

“As a matter of practice the National Center for Medical Intelligence does not comment publicly on specific intelligence matters,” the statement read. “However, in the interest of transparency during this current public health crisis, we can confirm that media reporting about the existence/release of a National Center for Medical Intelligence Coronavirus-related product/assessment in November of 2019 is not correct. No such NCMI product exists.”

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
So now the blame game starts.

What this is, is a failure of these overpaid bureaucrats. More proof that they do not care about you in any way, shape or form.
Think of all the trinkets that were shipped all over the world from China in all those months no matter when it started......
Failure pure and simple.

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
After all the articles screaming "Time to quit smoking - Coronavirus kills smokers!"

An article just came out (on Yahoo News France) claiming that the majority of those in Intensive Care for Corona are NON-SMOKERS... And wondering whether "nicotine can protect"... Hahaha...

https://fr.news.yahoo.com/coronavirus-fumer-protege-formes-graves-092453761.html

Gov Health Agency "professeur Jean-François Delfraissy, président du conseil scientifique, expliquait sur France info le 8 avril : “on a constaté que l’immense majorité des formes graves n’étaient pas fumeurs”.
Translation: Head of Gvmt Scientific Health Panel explained on National Radio "We observed that the immense majority of severe cases were not smokers."

I bet that one won't be reprinted much...

Just like the article about 6 months ago about a study that showed that "Life-long chain-smokers who reach age 50 without any related health problems have a LONGER LIFE EXPECTANCY than non-smokers and ex-smokers."
Didn't see that one again...

Light 'em if you got'em

Last edited:

ABC123

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Bill Gates Crosses the Digital Rubicon, Says ‘Mass Gatherings’ May Not Return Without Global Vaccine

A recurring theme among conspiracy theorists is that the elite are just waiting for the right moment to roll out their ‘mark of the beast’ technology to remotely identify and control every single human being on the planet, thus sealing their plans for a one world government. And with many people willing to do just about anything to get back to some sense of normalcy, those fears appear more justified with each passing day.

In the Book of Revelation [13:16-17], there is a passage that has attracted the imagination of believers and disbelievers throughout the ages, and perhaps never more so than right now: “And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark…”

Was John of Patmos history’s first conspiracy theorist, or are we merely indulging ourselves today with a case of self-fulfilling prophecy? Whatever the case may be, many people would probably have serious reservations about being branded with an ID code even if it had never been mentioned in Holy Scripture. But that certainly has not stopped Microsoft founder Bill Gates, who has been warning about a global pandemic for years, from pushing such controversial technologies on all of us.

In September 2019, just three months before the coronavirus first appeared in China, ID2020, a San Francisco-based biometric company that counts Microsoft as one of its founding members, quietly announced it was undertaking a new project that involves the “exploration of multiple biometric identification technologies for infants” that is based on “infant immunization” and only uses the “most successful approaches”.

https://www.strategic-culture.org/news/2020/04/08/bill-gates-crosses-digital-rubicon-says-mass-gatherings-may-not-return-without-global-vaccine/

Varmint Hunter

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter ++

the_shootist

Trump 2020
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
The numbers are fake

1586444456880.png

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
To a point I think the US .Gov attitude will over inflate WUFlu/Wuhan 400/COVID 19 causalities. Playing right into the Leftists US plans to panic the sheep into irrational thinking / Mob Mentality.

the_shootist

Trump 2020
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
I can't imagine why there would be so many cases of the beer virus in NYC

1586447724297.png

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
To a point I think the US .Gov attitude will over inflate WUFlu/Wuhan 400/COVID 19 causalities. Playing right into the Leftists US plans to panic the sheep into irrational thinking / Mob Mentality.
Ya think? (Said in jest)
Unlike TARP where most of the deals were behind closed doors, this economic bailout is a bit more transparent. We can see all the pork they want to add on.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Just got back from Aldi...60+% Of shoppers were wearing masks and 99% of the staff were as well. Instead of using the cart Corral in the quarter system there was a young kid wiping down the cats says they were turned in.
_--------------------------
In other news just got this email from The Electric Company: they say they won't shut off power for non payment!

• ... services we provide, and we are committed to the health and safety of our customers, communities and employees. We are closely monitoring the situation and do not anticipate COVID-19 will disrupt our ability to provide electric service to our customers.

WE WILL KEEP THE POWER FLOWING

Consistent with orders from the governors in Arkansas, Louisiana and Texas, SWEPCO has received approval in all three states for essential employees and contractors to be able to continue to perform critical job functions to keep the lights on. We have also worked to make sure that equipment suppliers and support industries essential to our business can continue to provide necessary equipment and services.

Our line crews and other employees critical to maintaining service are working in smaller teams, adjusting work schedules, maintaining physical distancing, monitoring themselves for any symptoms and taking other prevention measures recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). All employees who can work from home are doing so to help prevent the spread of the virus.

You can help our employees stay safe and healthy on the job. When you see our crews at work, please be at least six feet away as we all work to practice physical distancing.

WE WON'T DISCONNECT YOUR SERVICE FOR NON-PAYMENT

Because we know that many of you are facing unusual financial hardships, SWEPCO has temporarily suspended all service disconnections for non-payment. We know you are concerned about your family, and ensuring you have reliable electric service allows you to focus on staying healthy and well.

We urge you to make every effort to keep your accounts current during the period when disconnections are suspended. If you anticipate problems paying your electric bill, please contact us by phone at 1-888-216-3523 or through Facebook or Twitter to discuss payment options.

BE AWARE OF SCAMMERS

This is a particularly vulnerable time for many people, including senior citizens, low-income residents and understaffed small businesses. Customers need to be prepared for the uptick in scam attempts with the emergence of the coronavirus pandemic.

We will never demand immediate payment from you to avoid disconnection, and we will never ask you to use pre-paid debit cards for payment.

Here is how you can keep your personal information safe during these uncertain times:
    • Check your account status online, through theSWEPCO mobile app or by phone at 1-888-216-3523 if you’re contacted about a late payment.
    • Make payments only through SWEPCO.com, theSWEPCO mobile app or with an authorized SWEPCO agent.
    • Watch for callers posing as a SWEPCO representative. If you are ever in doubt, you should hang up the phone and call SWEPCO at 1-888-216-3523 immediately. A SWEPCO employee can let you know if we’ve contacted you about your bill.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
People going nuts in Walmart and 1000 lb toilet paper bust