• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Corona Virus News & Info

ABC123

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Back when the Covid-19 full lockdown began (April) and all public gathering was brought to a screaming halt, my lib neighbor here in L.A. had a solution which enabled her to continue teaching an entertainment biz course to adults: The use of ZOOM (teleconferencing, telecommuting software) to conduct classes online. I was told about it from her proud MSNBC/CNN addicted husband one day, saying "Yeah, she's teaching online by way of Zoom, the Chinese teleconferencing software." That comment gnawed away in my head for a few days until I finally did a search. Zowie! A goldmine of a dig! The founder of ZOOM, one Eric Yaun, fits the description of China CCP connected. For good measure, the ZOOM company includes Nancy Pelosi related CMO, Janine Pelosi, as the spokesperson for the company. Naturally, ZOOM as a company was positioned perfectly to profit from a "surprise sudden need" for teleconferencing software. And just as naturally, they are currently under FBI investigation for insider trading.

Any ZOOM dig in any direction will result in plenty of info, but what I offer up here is a dig on Janine Pelosi, and her connection to Nancy Pelosi. Janine A. Robertson married one John Pelosi, the son of a Paul A. Pelosi, who isn't the Paul F. Pelosi married to Nancy Pelosi. It turns out Paul A. and Paul F. Pelosi are half brothers, the result of their father, Giovanni Pelosi, having a child out of wedlock. THAT Pelosi (Paul A.) you won't hear about, and when searching via Google it became obvious an effort has been made to hide the connection. It took a little sleuthing to find the connections. Find-A-Grave and other family/genealogy based websites provided those links, plus reading between lines when searching "official" Pelosi family biographies. So, Nancy and Janine are connected through marriage. To what degree they are close, and coordinating, is unknown. May not need to be at this point. Nudge nudge wink winks nose point signaling are common among liberals/crooks. Especially throughout CA tech/media.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8181899/Billionaire-founder-Zoom-offloads-38M-company-stock.html

1593031667982.png
1593031710267.png

chieftain

Silver Miner
Don't know about the US but Zoom use has fallen off a cliff here, those still using video conferencing software have moved to Webex or (gulp) Microsoft Teams.

ABC123

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Cuomo: Nursing Home Order ‘Wasn’t a Mistake’ – Staffers Brought Infection into Nursing Homes

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2020/06/24/cuomo-nursing-home-order-wasnt-a-mistake-staffers-brought-infection-into-nursing-homes/

On Tuesday’s broadcast of MSNBC’s “Morning Joe,” New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D) defended his order that sent coronavirus patients into nursing homes and blamed the infections in nursing homes on staffers bringing in the virus.

Co-host Willie Geist asked, “Looking back now, with the information you have, was it a mistake to issue that March 25 order to send people back into the nursing homes, now that you have all the information you have?”

(Wow, somebody actually asked?)

Cuomo responded, “First, it was a — it was federal guidance that was put out, Willie. … No, it wasn’t a mistake. Because if you look at the facts, not that anybody looks at facts anymore, by the time — you didn’t want to leave a senior citizen in a hospital for two weeks if they didn’t need to be in a hospital bed for two weeks. You didn’t want to use the hospital bed that way. And it’s very dangerous for the senior citizen to be in a hospital for two weeks, sepsis, secondary infections, etc. By the time a person was transferred, after nine or ten days, they were no longer contagious. And what all the data says is, the reason you had infections in the nursing homes [was] because the staff brought in the infection. And you look at the communities that had the high[est] infection rate overall, those are the communities that had nursing homes with a high infection rate. So, it is that the staff got infected, they came to work, and they brought in the infection.”

Evil fuck got caught, now trying to shift the blame?!

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
2nd Wave Lockdown Reduced Natural Immunity, 3111 Still reporting

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Hitting another paranoid wave around here . Just as things started to loosen up, lot of places ju(or maybe it's mandatory all businesses... not sure) are suddenly requiring masks. And then this:

https://www.arkansas.com/travel-advisory/covid-19

chieftain

Silver Miner
I'm not getting something.

The fuckwits lost control of the beer virus narrative some weeks ago, so much so TPTB pulled the race card out of the deck to keep the hysteria and their agenda going. However that seems to have failed as well, either of its own accord or due to external factors. So now these retards have thought, "I know, lets try beer virus again!"

Is is a last gasp effort as they've got nothing left or is something else going on?

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
I'm not getting something.

The fuckwits lost control of the beer virus narrative some weeks ago, so much so TPTB pulled the race card out of the deck to keep the hysteria and their agenda going. However that seems to have failed as well, either of its own accord or due to external factors. So now these retards have thought, "I know, lets try beer virus again!"

Is is a last gasp effort as they've got nothing left or is something else going on?
I've noticed some people loose interest in fad's quickly. May have to do with television. Our attention spans are only good for 15 seconds and then it is time to change the channel. Only now we don't even have to get up. Just use the remote.

chieftain

Silver Miner
I've noticed some people loose interest in fad's quickly. May have to do with television. Our attention spans are only good for 15 seconds and then it is time to change the channel. Only now we don't even have to get up. Just use the remote.
Goldfish-spec attention spans are one thing (and might play a part), but this I think is something else. If the beer virus story was consistent and didn't have more holes than Swiss cheese in it, it would have the aforementioned goldfish in a perpetual state of fear, subjugated into a stupor. But even goldfish know when they are being hoodwinked...

chieftain

Silver Miner
Just finished reading about how schools will reopen in Massivetwoshits. Children from the 2nd grade up will be required to wear a mask but social distancing will be limited to 3'. Talk about conditioning.
What the actual fuck?

ABC123

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
WASHINGTON STATE MASK MANDATE

>Masks will be be mandatory in public areas

>businesses not enforcing mask mandate can have business license revoked

>Misdemeanors will be given to those that willfully disobey

>grocery stores are to turn away those without a mask

https://archive.is/aVvZ6#

Original link:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/in-washington-state-not-wearing-a-face-mask-will-be-a-misdemeanor/ar-BB15VnYV

Gov link:

https://www.governor.wa.gov/news-media/inslee-announces-statewide-mask-mandate

Twitter post link (full of bootlicking commies):

https://twitter.com/GovInslee/status/1275568470663368704?s=20

Proper way to wear a mask in Washington State.

Its the law….

1593222606095.png

ABC123

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
1593224958029.png

Twitter are you OK? Platform slaps Covid-19 conspiracy warning on posts containing words ‘oxygen’ and ‘frequency

A seemingly random combination of words “oxygen” and “frequency” has triggered Twitter to automatically flag tweets with a Covid-19 fact-check warning. Users responded by gaming the algorithm into absurdity.

The strange message began appearing under tweets on Friday. Within hours, people were testing it with random posts that mentioned the trigger words but weren’t related to the coronavirus in the least.

“Post anything random about oxygen and frequency and Twitter slaps a weird editorial note on your post,” journalist Tim Pool tweeted, along with perfectly reasonable sentence about scuba diving. Sure enough, it got flagged.

https://www.rt.com/usa/493067-twitter-oxygen-frequency-covid/

SongSungAU

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
JH200626.jpg

JH200626b.jpg

JH200626c.jpg

Last edited:

SongSungAU

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
I like this guy!
"You all better hope there's no hell because when you die, that's where you're going...."

Okay, I found the original video on YouTube....

Journalist Lays Absolute Waste to CA Officials for Excessive Lockdowns (2 min 35 sec):​
Published on Jun 25, 2020 by The Liberty Hound​

Last edited:

Varmint Hunter

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter ++

TRYNEIN

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
FWIW Just had a very strange phone call. Friend is a commercial pilot & trainer. He is in TX updating simulator training & technical stuff.

He said things are starting to open up & they are being told that things are expected to really picking up. It struck me as strange as the second wave is coming, numbers are going up, businesses collapsing etc.....

Makes me wonder if a giant hoax is going to be revealed soon..........

arminius

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Went to costco today. Entered without a mask. No one said a word. Did my normal shopping and after negotiating the checkout line told the two females thank you for not giving me a hard time about the mask, to them and costco in general. One of the girls got really hussy, stormed off, and seemed upset personally about my not wearing a mask.

Man, is there any way better to set people off against themselves.

ABC123

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
UK university test COVID-19 vaccine derived from aborted fetal cell line in Africa, Brazil

Starting this past Wednesday, approximately 2000 volunteers in South Africa ranging in age from 18 to 65 began to receive the trial vaccine known commercially as AZD1222, which was developed by the University of Oxford’s Oxford Jenner Institute.

The technical name of AZD1222 is ChAdOx1 nCoV-19, and it is made from a common cold virus called ChAdOx1. It is also a “replication-deficient adenovirus type vaccine” which uses the HEK-293 cell line made from fetal cells harvested from an aborted baby decades ago.

Oxford University scientists worked with AstraZeneca, who has the license to produce AZD1222, on the development and production of the vaccine. In addition to being tested in South Africa, the vaccine is already in trials in the United Kingdom and Brazil.

Alan Moy, M.D., founder and scientific director of the John Paul II Medical Research Institute and CEO of Cellular Engineering Technologies, told LifeSiteNews that vaccines which use the fetal cell line HEK293, such as the Canadian Ad5-nCoV coronavirus vaccine and AZD1222, are “not a good vaccine solution if pro-life or pro-choice.”

When asked about AZD1222, Moy confirmed for LifeSiteNews that the vaccine does indeed use an unethical cell line.

“It’s a chimpanzee adenovirus vector that indeed uses the HEK293 cell lines [derived from aborted baby] to manufacture,” Moy told LifeSiteNews.

“Yes, it’s ethically controversial.”

LifeSiteNews reported in May that the Canadian government under Prime Minister Justin Trudeau teamed up with a Chinese vaccine company to test Ad5-nCoV in Canada.

Ad5-nCoV uses the aborted fetal cell line HEK293, which is licensed from Canada’s National Research Council (NRC). In May, Health Canada approved human trial testing of Ad5-nCoV.

The clinical trial of AZD1222 was announced via a “virtual press conference” Tuesday, which was hosted by the University of the Witwatersrand in Johannesburg, who is collaborating with the University of Oxford on the trial.

The South African “Ox1Cov-19 Vaccine VIDA-Trial” is being led by Shabir Madhi, who serves as Professor of Vaccinology at Wits University and Director of the South Africa Medical Research Council Vaccines and Infectious Diseases Analytics Research Unit.

In Wednesday’s announcement, Madhi called it a “landmark moment for South Africa and Africa at this stage of the Covid-19 pandemic.”

“As we enter winter in South Africa and pressure increases on public hospitals, now more than ever we need a vaccine to prevent infection by Covid-19,” Madhi said in the virtual press conference.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/uk-university-test-covid-19-vaccine-derived-from-aborted-fetal-cell-line-in-africa-brazil

ABC123

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Face Mask Victims Getting Sick - Fauci Needs Higher Mortality Rate

OSHA SAYS FACE MASKS THAT REDUCE OXYGEN BELOW 19.5% ARE DANGEROUS – Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) — “Paragraph (d)(2)(iii) of the Respiratory Protection Standard considers any atmosphere with an oxygen level below 19.5 percent to be oxygen-deficient and immediately dangerous to life or health.”

https://www.osha.gov/laws-regs/standardinterpretations/2007-04-02-0

ABC123

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Paragraph (d)(2)(iii) of the Respiratory Protection Standard considers any atmosphere with an oxygen level below 19.5 percent to be oxygen-deficient and immediately dangerous to life or health. To ensure that employees have a reliable source of air with an oxygen content of at least 19.5 percent, paragraphs (d)(2)(i)(A) and (d)(2)(i)(B) of the Respiratory Protection Standard require employers working under oxygen-deficient conditions to provide their employees with a self-contained breathing apparatus or a combination full-facepiece pressure-demand supplied-air respirator with auxiliary self-contained air supply. In the preamble to the final Respiratory Protection Standard, OSHA discussed extensively its rationale for requiring that employees breathe air consisting of at least 19.5 percent oxygen. The following excerpt, taken from the preamble, explains the basis for this requirement:

Human beings must breathe oxygen . . . to survive, and begin to suffer adverse health effects when the oxygen level of their breathing air drops below [19.5 percent oxygen]. Below 19.5 percent oxygen . . . , air is considered oxygen-deficient. At concentrations of 16 to 19.5 percent, workers engaged in any form of exertion can rapidly become symptomatic as their tissues fail to obtain the oxygen necessary to function properly (Rom, W., Environmental and Occupational Medicine, 2nd ed.; Little, Brown; Boston, 1992). Increased breathing rates, accelerated heartbeat, and impaired thinking or coordination occur more quickly in an oxygen-deficient environment. Even a momentary loss of coordination may be devastating to a worker if it occurs while the worker is performing a potentially dangerous activity, such as climbing a ladder. Concentrations of 12 to 16 percent oxygen cause tachypnea (increased breathing rates), tachycardia (accelerated heartbeat), and impaired attention, thinking, and coordination (e.g., Ex. 25-4), even in people who are resting.

1593354170756.png

Reposting for reference info against masks

Why are we complying with this mask mandate when study after study debunks mask use very easily. If I use the "way back machine" strategy, specifically target H1N1, mask use was not mandated. As a matter of fact, CDC H1N1 guidance itself stated it wasn't required in community\public\private areas. There are also studies that debunk even healthcare use of masks in particular settings. Below is some info I dug on to help others with debunking the mandate of public\community use of masks in general.

---

Here is the CDC article on H1N1 with the recommendations picture from the article attached:

https://www.cdc.gov/h1n1flu/masks.htm

---

Looking at WebMD H1N1 Mask guidance, who summarized their recommendations from the CDC, here is the article:

https://www.webmd.com/cold-and-flu/features/swine-flu-h1n1-and-face-masks#1

From WebMD article:

Bottom line: Nobody knows whether face masks or respirators really protect against flu. The recommendations below, from the CDC, are experts' best guesses as to the best way to use them.

Do Face Masks Work Against Swine Flu?

There's limited evidence but no proof that face masks offer some protection against H1NI swine flu.

Here is a study done OXFORD ACADEMIC under Clinical Infectious Diseases done in 2017. This looks like a quality study done making sure not to include any biases.

Effectiveness of Masks and Respirators Against Respiratory Infections in Healthcare Workers: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis

https://academic.oup.com/cid/article/65/11/1934/4068747

From article:

Conclusions:

Our analysis confirms the effectiveness of medical masks and respirators against SARS. Disposable, cotton, or paper masks are not recommended.

The confirmed effectiveness of medical masks is crucially important for lower-resource and emergency settings lacking access to N95 respirators. In such cases, single-use medical masks are preferable to cloth masks, for which there is no evidence of protection and which might facilitate transmission of pathogens when used repeatedly without adequate sterilization [8].

We found no clear benefit of either medical masks or N95 respirators against pH1N1. However, current policies mandating standard and droplet precautions when performing routine care for influenza patients are reasonable. RCTs conducted in community settings have demonstrated protective effects of medical masks in combination with hand-hygiene and other infection control interventions [53].

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Went to costco today. Entered without a mask. No one said a word. Did my normal shopping and after negotiating the checkout line told the two females thank you for not giving me a hard time about the mask, to them and costco in general. One of the girls got really hussy, stormed off, and seemed upset personally about my not wearing a mask.

Man, is there any way better to set people off against themselves.
The sheep are angry that you are not obeying the sheepdog's mandate!

I wonder why all this nonsense is entertained by businesses?

Is it that they have a business license from the government?

If so, how is it all the States are on board in unison? Lawsuit potential? (If so, Cuomo is in deep doo doo)

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame

ABC123

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Funny they even had to address this!

DoJ says face mask exemption cards are fake as ‘anti-mask’ movement spreads

So-called “face mask exemption” cards being distributed by a group opposed to coronavirus-related mandates of mask-wearing in public are not genuine government-issued documents, the Department of Justice said in an alert earlier this week.

The card trend in question was launched by a group opposed to in-public mask mandates, the Freedom to Breathe Agency, which claims that the bearer is “exempt” from having to wear masks in public.

The cards reference the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), but the official government website outlining provisions of the law announced recently that the cards are “fraudulent.”

“The Department of Justice has been made aware of postings or flyers on the internet regarding the Americans with Disabilities Act and the use of face masks due to the COVID-19 pandemic, many of which include the Department of Justice’s seal,” says the site.

“These postings were not issued by the Department and are not endorsed by the Department,” the statement continued. “The Department urges the public not to rely on the information contained in these postings and to visit ADA.gov for ADA information issued by the Department.”

In an interview with NBC’s “TODAY” show Thursday, the founder of the group, Lenka Koloma, said the cards have never claimed they were issued by either the ADA or the Department of Justices, and that the agency and the law are only mentioned to “tell people the references under which they are protected.”

“The FTBA card was issued so people are aware of their rights,” she continued.

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2020/06/27/doj-says-face-mask-exemption-cards-are-fake-as-anti-mask-movement-spreads-940038

arminius

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
The sheep are angry that you are not obeying the sheepdog's mandate!
That and more. Think how much real fear of death and disablement is engineered among the culpable (many long addicted screen bedazzeled bamboozelets) with the story of the virus. It is said to be an invisible invader, so small that no one can see it, that can launch from an explosive infected sneeze or sneeze anywhere within six feet onto and into your mucus membranes AND will KILL YOU.

It's the best fear porn control racket ever.

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
1593384830730.png

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
German Official Leaks Report Denouncing Corona as ‘A Global False Alarm’

monday june 1, 2020
undefined

Germany’s federal government and mainstream media are engaged in damage control after a report that challenges the established Corona narrative leaked from the interior ministry.

Some of the report key passages are:

- The dangerousness of Covid-19 was overestimated: probably at no point did the danger posed by the new virus go beyond the normal level.

- The people who die from Corona are essentially those who would statistically die this year, because they have reached the end of their lives and their weakened bodies can no longer cope with any random everyday stress (including the approximately 150 viruses currently in circulation).

- Worldwide, within a quarter of a year, there has been no more than 250,000 deaths from Covid-19, compared to 1.5 million deaths [25,100 in Germany] during the influenza wave 2017/18.

- The danger is obviously no greater than that of many other viruses. There is no evidence that this was more than a false alarm.

- A reproach could go along these lines: During the Corona crisis the State has proved itself as one of the biggest producers of Fake News.

So far, so bad. But it gets worse.

The report focuses on the “manifold and heavy consequences of the Corona measures” and warns that these are “grave”.

More people are dying because of state-imposed Corona-measures than they are being killed by the virus.

The reason is a scandal in the making:

A Corona-focused German healthcare system is postponing life-saving surgery and delaying or reducing treatment for non-Corona patients.

Berlin in Denial Mode. The scientists fight back.

Initially, the government tried to dismiss the report as “the work of one employee”, and its contents as “his own opinion” – while the journalists closed ranks, no questions asked, with the politicians.

But the 93-pages report titled “Analysis of the Crisis Management” has been drafted by a scientific panel appointed by the interior ministry and composed by external medical experts from several German universities.

The report was the initiative of a department of the interior ministry called Unit KM4 and in charge with the “Protection of critical infrastructures”.

This is also where the German official turned whistleblower, Stephen Kohn, work(ed), and from where he leaked it to the media.

The authors of the report issued a joint press release already on Mai 11th, berating the government for ignoring expert advise, and asking for the interior minister to officially comment upon the experts joint statement:
Therapeutic and preventive measures should never bring more harm than the illness itself. Their aim should be to protect the risk groups, without endegearing the availibilty of medical care and the health of the whole population, as it is unfortunately occurring

We in the scientific and medical praxis are experiencing the secondary damages of the Corona-measures on our patients on a dialy basis.

We therefore ask the Federal Ministry of the Interior, to comment upon our press release, and we hope for a pertinent discussion regarding the [Corona] measures, one that leads to the best possible solution for the whole population
At the time of writing, the German government had yet to react.

But the facts are – sadly – vindicating the medical experts’ worries.

On Mai 23 the German newspaper Das Bild titled: “Dramatic consequences of the Corona-Measures: 52,000 Cancer Ops delayed.”

Inside, a aeading medical doctor warns that “we will feel the side-effects of the Corona crisis for years”.

Shooting the Whistleblower. Ignoring the Message.

As Der Spiegel reported on Mai 15th: “Stephen Kohn [the whistleblower] has since been suspended from duty. He was advised to obtain a lawyer and his work laptop was confiscated.”

Kohn had originally leaked the report on May 9th to the liberal-conservative magazine Tichys Einblick one of Germany’s most popular alternative media outlets.

News of the report went mainstream in Germany during the second week of Mai – but already in the third week media and politicians alike stopped discussing the issue by refusing to comment upon it.

Emblematic was the approach taken by Günter Krings, the representative for Interior Minister Horst Seehofer – the whistleblower’s boss:

Asked it he would treat the document seriously, Krings replied:

“If you start analyzing papers like that, then pretty soon you’ll be inviting the guys with the tin foil hats to parliamentary hearings.”

Men in tin foil hats – Aluhut in German – is a term used to describe people who believe in conspiracy theories.

Indeed one article by Der Spiegel adressing the Corona protest movement and the consequences of the leaked report contained the word “conspiracy” no fewer than 17 times!

And no discussions of the issues raised by the report itself.

Outside Germany the news has virtually gone unreported.

The Protest Movement – or “Corona-Rebellen”.

Germans begun demonstrating against Lockdowns as early as April.

And thousands of citizens keep showing up at demos every week-end, even as the government is easing the restrictions.

The demos are not merely against restrictions, which have actually been comparatively mild compared to many other Western countries.

The demos question the entire Corona Narrative, and even more its principals, especially the role Bill Gates is playing, as the WHO second biggest donor (the first one since Trump suspended US contribution).

Indeed the biggest such demos took place in Stuttgart on May 9th, where tens of thousands people assempled to say no – to the NWO.

Germans are saying no to any orwellian solution the government might one day impose out of a questionable “emergency status”, from mass surveillance Apps to mandatory vaccinations.

The leaked report has proved their fears to be well founded.

At least as far as the fake nature of the “Corona pandemic” is concerned.

The rest might soon follow.

Reprinted with permission from Strategic Culture Foundation.

the_shootist

Trump 2020
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
1593389772406.png

The New York Times is really sinking the boot into Trump:

America Is Too Broken to Fight the Coronavirus

No other developed country is doing so badly.

By Michelle Goldberg
Opinion Columnist
  • June 22, 2020
Graphs of the coronavirus curves in Britain, Canada, Germany and Italy look like mountains, with steep climbs up and then back down. The one for America shows a fast climb up to a plateau. For a while, the number of new cases in the U.S. was at least slowly declining. Now, according to The Times, it’s up a terrifying 22 percent over the last 14 days.

As Politico reported on Monday, Italy’s coronavirus catastrophe once looked to Americans like a worst-case scenario. Today, it said, “America’s new per capita cases remain on par with Italy’s worst day — and show signs of rising further.”

This is what American exceptionalism looks like under Donald Trump. It’s not just that the United States has the highest number of coronavirus cases and deaths of any country in the world. Republican political dysfunction has made a coherent campaign to fight the pandemic impossible.

At the federal level as well as in many states, we’re seeing a combination of the blustering contempt for science that marks the conservative approach to climate change and the high tolerance for carnage that makes American gun culture unique.

The rot starts at the top. At the beginning of the crisis Trump acted as if he could wish the coronavirus away, and after an interval when he at least pretended to take it seriously, his administration has resumed a posture of blithe denial.

The task force led by Mike Pence has been sidelined, its members meeting only twice a week. Last Tuesday, the vice president wrote an op-ed essay in The Wall Street Journal about how well things are going: “We are winning the fight against the invisible enemy,” he claimed.

In an interview with Fox News’s Sean Hannity last week, Trump said the virus is “fading away.” Speaking to The Journal, he said that some people might be wearing masks only to show their disapproval of him and suggested, contrary to all credible public health guidance, that mask-wearing might increase people’s risk of infection. It’s not surprising, then, that many people at his sad Saturday rally in Tulsa, Okla. — where coronavirus cases are spiking — went maskless.

Just a few weeks ago, panicked about occupying my kids through the summer in a shut-down New York City, I thought about taking them to stay with my retired parents in Arizona. Now, as New York gingerly reopens, Arizona has become a hot spot — which isn’t stopping Trump from holding a rally at a Phoenix megachurch on Tuesday. Cases are also soaring in Texas, Florida and several other states. An epidemic that was once concentrated in blue states is increasingly raging in red ones.

When coronavirus cases started exploding on the East Coast in March, there were devastating failures by Democratic leaders. New York’s governor, Andrew Cuomo, not only forced nursing homes to take back residents who’d been hospitalized for the coronavirus, he barred them from testing the residents to see if they were still infected.

As ProPublica reported, following Cuomo’s order, “Covid-19 tore through New York state’s nursing facilities, killing more than 6,000 people — about 6 percent of its more than 100,000 nursing home residents.” In Florida, which prohibited such transfers, the virus has so far killed only 1.6 percent of nursing home residents.

Given how Cuomo’s errors contributed to New York’s catastrophe, it’s hard to say how much credit he deserves for eventually rising to the occasion. Still, by the time New York’s cases got to where Arizona’s are now, he at least understood that the state faced calamity and imposed the lockdown that helped bring it back from the abyss.

Arizona, Florida and Texas, by contrast, aren’t even doing simple things like mandating mask-wearing. Worse, until last week, the governors of Arizona and Texas prevented cities from instituting their own such requirements.

So far, evidence about the role mass protests over police violence played in coronavirus spikes is mixed, but liberal support for the demonstrations solidified the conviction among many conservatives that strict social distancing rules are a hypocritical tool of social control. The paranoia and resentment that have long been part of the culture of the modern right are now directed at those warning about the ongoing dangers of the pandemic.

Across the country, public health workers have faced death threats, harassment and armed protesters at their homes. No matter how bad things get in red America, it’s hard to imagine where the political will to contain the virus will come from.

So while countries with competent leadership haltingly return to normal, ours will continue to be pummeled. In mid-May, when America’s coronavirus death toll was around 85,000, Trump sycophant Lindsey Graham said that as long as fatalities didn’t go much beyond 120,000, “I think you can say you limited the casualties in this war.”

By The Times’s count, we just hit that number. The war goes on, but Trump has already lost it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/22/opinion/us-coronavirus-trump.html

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
The commie bastards are really sinking the boot into Trump:
FIFY

impeachment, killer hornets, beer flu, protests, riots, looting, nations inside nations, police told to stand down. This is just getting started.
Either they regain power by any means necessary or we kill them. No other options.

SongSungAU

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter

SongSungAU

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
MaskGun.jpg

SongSungAU

Midas Member
Midas Member