• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Corona Virus News & Info

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Last edited:

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I think your math is off a'gin. It's "precisely" 25.397908140064%

Or at least that's what my calculator says. I didn't actually do the math. Lol

Just givin' ya a little hard time after your couple of math oops. Lol
Well, d'ysee, I rounded it DOWN for simplicity... then, I went back and rounded it to the nearest tenth -- since we are talking the numbers of people expected to die are gonna be very large.

That "10,718" number reflects the additional .4%

See I knew ya wuz comin'. cool:

But... I may be dividing angels by pins or other unfathomables since the fargin death numbers do not match the crematoria numbers by an order of magnitude.

But at the very very best: Right now 25% will die.

crunchie has got the latest fer sure. And it don't take a calculator to see a 25% death rate using his graph.

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
aside... still surprised that Africa & South America (both with a lot of Chinese investment and mining and factory activities there) are "slipping through the cracks" (or just IGNORING and NOT REPORTING the cases...)

Treasure Searcher

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
What I cannot understand, is the US Citizens that are in China and other countries, that want to come back to the US.

THEY ARE IN THE HOT ZONE!!!

They CANNOT come back. They must stay in China or whatever foreign land they are in, to avoid spreading the virus to the US.

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
What I cannot understand, is the US Citizens that are in China and other countries, that want to come back to the US.

They CANNOT come back. They must stay in China or whatever foreign land they are in, to avoid spreading the virus to the US.
Fine if they "come back" - but place them in a ONE MONTH QUARANTINE facility... since it's just come out that it can take not a "14 day" but a "24 day" so-called "incubation period" before the infected develop symptoms... and don't forget that the virus can remain "active" while OUT OF THE BODY on furniture, door handles, countertops, etc. for NINE DAYS after exposure...

Anecdote - An Englishman went to a conference in Singapore. Then he went to a ski resort in France, where he bunked in a cabin with 11 other Britons. He returned to England where he was diagnosed with Coronavirus. Five of the other residents in the cabin came up positive (including one 9 year-old who had been attending TWO schools in town). The town (Contamines-Montjoie) closed down the two schools and has been conducting check-ups on many who were in contact with the afflicted... but are claiming "No need for a psychosis and panic"... even though the incubation period can take WEEKS. They don't want to ruin the "tourist season income", though a lot of vacationers already on the highway turned back and went back home, canceling or abandoning their reservations.

Reminds me of the initial cover-up in China for economic reasons...

Last edited:

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

Such is the risk of international travel.

Voodoo

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Well it seems the Chi Coms and our media are winning the spin stories so far. The stock market is soaring, because :don't    know2:, and interest is lessening.

Even the wife was giving me grief for cancelling our vacation (that hadn't been planned yet) because there are still ONLY 13 US cases.

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
In the cruise shipped blocked in the harbor in Japan, 2 days ago it was "20 contaminated", yesterday 65, today 135...
... & the WHO says it is "leveling off"??? Yeah, right...
Any word on the number today?

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
dacrunch said:
In the cruise shipped blocked in the harbor in Japan, 2 days ago it was "20 contaminated", yesterday 65, today 135...

... & the WHO says it is "leveling off"??? Yeah, right...

You have spotted a bit of statistical "lying". They are referring to the infection rate of increase.

Just like the WHO says that with 10,000 infected and "only 300 dead so far" the death rate is 3%.

That is simple engineer-cheat. And if the infection rate of increase levels off or even goes down, there will still be a greater number of people added to the "infected" column PER DAY than the day before.

So it takes a (cynical) POV to tell people fuzzy conclusions coated in logic as tortured as when Obi Wan told Luke that "his father died... from a certain POV".

Same thing, crunch. With their logic, when the last sumbitch on the fargin boat comes down with it, these shitheads can claim the next day that there have been NO NEW CASES!!! :don't know:dung:

Treasure Searcher

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Even the wife was giving me grief for cancelling our vacation (that hadn't been planned yet) because there are still ONLY 13 US cases.
What I told me wife, was if an outbreak happened here in the US, the hospitals can only handle so many patients at once.

With this type of virus, victims would have to have hospital beds, oxygen and other critical medical devices. Granted, field hospitals could
be setup, but who says the doctors and nurses are going to show up for work?

Voodoo

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
What I told me wife, was if an outbreak happened here in the US, the hospitals can only handle so many patients at once.

With this type of virus, victims would have to have hospital beds, oxygen and other critical medical devices. Granted, field hospitals could
be setup, but who says the doctors and nurses are going to show up for work?
She's not even that far, has no idea of the problems that have faced China. I told her to find a new internet that doesn't exist on Face Book. No comment, lol.

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Any word on the number today?
175 in the Cruise Ship in latest article I read... daily, from 20 to 65 to 135 to 175... gotta put some filters on the AC vents...

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Last edited:

stAGgering

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Everything China A ok... but virus is spreading elsewhere.
When reports began, there were bits stating that the virus started in 1st week December.
Now most proclaim January, recognition...
If December was virus start for China, western world just finished December equivalent.
US and Europe will see nada or massive spike in next 10days.
Keep fingers crossed.

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopoliti...ted-positive-coronavirus-treated-small-number

A ritterl dislup-teeon, just a ritterl.
DAMN ! I bought a bunch of 3M 8210 and listed them.
Now I have to row to China for delivery.

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/g...arantee-priority-mail-express-china-hong-kong

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Interview with a WuFlu patient.

She seems pretty asymptomatic

Was only found to have it because she told them she had taken otc painkillers (advil tylenol etc) and due to that, they took a throat swab which turned up positive. The previous test had been negative.

the_shootist

Don't hate me because I'm right!
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Interview with a WuFlu patient.

She seems pretty asymptomatic

Was only found to have it because she told them she had taken otc painkillers (advil tylenol etc) and due to that, they took a throat swab which turned up positive. The previous test had been negative.

Interesting that she seems perfectly healthy in the video. I'd be curious if they are planning on monitoring her to follow the progress of the virus in her system.

She certainly doesn't look like she's going to drop dead any time soon based solely on that video but hey, I'm no doctor.

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
You test POSITIVE during the up to 24 days of the "incubation period" BEFORE you have "symptoms". She yet might become VERY SICK.
There were also 2 Japanese guys who tested "negative" then came down with the virus. So there are "false-negative" results to the test.... perhaps her husband?... who is "out & around"??? or back in Portland Oregon???

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling

the_shootist

Don't hate me because I'm right!
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
You test POSITIVE during the up to 24 days of the "incubation period" BEFORE you have "symptoms". She yet might become VERY SICK.
There were also 2 Japanese guys who tested "negative" then came down with the virus. So there are "false-negative" results to the test.... perhaps her husband?... who is "out & around"??? or back in Portland Oregon???
Is the test all that reliable? We all just assume it is but I think that assumption is based on what exactly?

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
175 in the Cruise Ship in latest article I read... daily, from 20 to 65 to 135 to 175... gotta put some filters on the AC vents...
Y'know... if you think on it, that ship is contaminated from bow to stern and all decks in between. Supposed to last "only" 24 days maximum (so far)... but if people keep getting sick or croaking slowly, the others will never get ashore, what with all the 24-day extensions...

It is a Prison Ship for at least until it runs its course with everyone aboard.

Now comes the question: If you were going on vacation... would you EVER get on that ship? Even ten years later? I think ticket sales are gonna drop a tad.

Voodoo

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I don't understand why this is a difficult concept... This is very dangerous just for its incredibly long incubation and ability to spread.

Voodoo

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Y'know... if you think on it, that ship is contaminated from bow to stern and all decks in between. Supposed to last "only" 24 days maximum (so far)... but if people keep getting sick or croaking slowly, the others will never get ashore, what with all the 24-day extensions...

It is a Prison Ship for at least until it runs its course with everyone aboard.

Now comes the question: If you were going on vacation... would you EVER get on that ship? Even ten years later? I think ticket sales are gonna drop a tad.
That's good right? Buy... What can I buy... going to make tons of money. Tesla, sure why not. Microshyt, yep definitely need lots of that as well. :Build:

Lt Dan

Gold Pirate
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
gah, I've got to set my VPN to a US city.... 'cause all I get from twitter links is =

Sorry, that page doesn’t exist!
Why not try a search to find something else?
Me too! Used to work fine...
Sorry, that page doesn’t exist!
Why not try a search to find something else?

pay dirt

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Cruising through some comments over on peak prosperity, one comment shows what might be happening with factories returning back to production.

comments from a friend with Shanghai factory

https://www.peakprosperity.com/coronavirus-up-to-24-days-before-symptoms-start-showing/#comments

"The central government has intensified its pressure on each provincial government to keep tight control of the flow of its people as the first line of defense to stymie the further spread of coronavirus. So each province is now making its own rules to regulate how people live and how business be allowed to resume operation. In Shanghai, there is not a declared rule that prohibits the reopening of our factory, but we are having a difficult time to proceed. What our factory learnt was that it needed to have X number of facial masks on hand along with X amount of hand sanitizing solution, etc. Once our factory can prove that it has all the necessary precautionary measures in place, it can then apply for permit to start production. The problem is that the facial masks are nowhere to be found, no matter the price! For private citizen, the government allows each household to register with local authorities for purchasing 5 masks in every five days from local, but no such provision for business. And we are told for all these days factory remains closed we still need to pay the workers as usual. For factories whose labor forces are from other provinces, I am not sure how they will cope with this extraordinary circumstances. "

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
A company in Suzhou reopened. One CoVid2019 case found. Over 200 employed couldn't go home and immediately under quarantine."
Any word on how much product they got shipped prior to being quarantined?

Voodoo

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Funny the Obama Admin. didn't see it that way with Ebola. They flew it into the country on purpose.
So much for DEMs being the "Party of the People".

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling

nowon

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Seeker
Coronavirus deaths, cases leap in China, suggesting much bigger crisis

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...a-suggesting-much-bigger-crisis-idUSKBN207025

Hubei had previously only allowed infections to be confirmed by RNA tests, which can take days to process. RNA, or ribonucleic acid, carries genetic information allowing for identification of organisms like viruses.
But it has begun using quicker computerized tomography (CT) scans, which reveal lung infections, the Hubei health commission said, to confirm virus cases and isolate them faster.
As a result, another new 14,840 cases were reported in the central province on Thursday, from 2,015 new cases nationwide a day earlier.

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling