• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Coronavirus aid bill includes $3,000 for families, $4 trillion liquidity for Fed - Mnuchin

Hystckndle

SWEATEQUITYIS$$$
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Certainly wasn't cheering for a collapse. What I've heard from many here is that it is immenant. Perhaps I was reading it wrong.
Perhaps, it may very well be. Who the hay knows if they can legislate digits faster than the so called " smart people "
and their buddies to gamble and puke it all away.
They certainly had this long ass 100 page bill hot and ready pretty johnny on the spot.
That is my concern really. How fast they can disperse cash without serious Detroit or Atlanta ( pick one ) melting down.
If so, and they cannot,
everyone here is way more prepared than 99.9% of the populace.
JMHO
Ehhh...tomorrow is another day.
I think it may be " inventory " day.
Regards to all,
GIM, what a great place.

Mujahideen

Essential Worker
Midas Member
Site Supporter

Aurumag

Ag mirror of truth Aurum purity of mind
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Back in 2008, Paulsen threatened Congress for $700 Billion FRNs, and now we know that total came out to $7 Trillion.

So, this bailout should easily exceed $10 Trillion.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
the market is down right now if someone knew an underground vendor one might find a pound of their favorite herb for about $1000

that is a fat bag to me
$250 for a QP!? Where do I sign up?

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Fuggit! Let's send this sucker into the quadrillions!

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Back in 2008, Paulsen threatened Congress for $700 Billion FRNs, and now we know that total came out to $7 Trillion.

So, this bailout should easily exceed $10 Trillion.
Yep, by the end of 2024 we should be around 37 trillion in debt. Thats my lowball number.

JayDubya

pies klasy robotniczej
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Mujahideen, you need to update the title again....

Coronavirus aid bill includes $3,000 for families, $4 trillion liquidity for Fed - Mnuchin

https://www.yahoo.com/news/virus-aid-bill-includes-3-133721478.html

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The coronavirus economic relief bill being finalized by the U.S. Congress will include a one-time $3,000 payment for families and allow the Federal Reserve to leverage up to $4 trillion of liquidity to support the nation's economy, U.S. Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said on Sunday.

Mnuchin, speaking on the "Fox News Sunday" television program, said the additional liquidity measures would allow the U.S. central bank to help a broad base of businesses to get through next 90 to 120 days.

Trump administration officials hoped to finalize the legislation on Sunday and see a vote on Monday, Mnuchin said, adding that further steps could be taken if the crisis did not abate in 10 to 12 weeks.

Mnuchin said the U.S. economy would clearly take a hit from the health crisis, but should rebound once the new coronavirus has been contained.

"We need to get the money into the economy now. If we do that, we think we can stabilize the economy," he said.

Nearly one in four Americans, or 80 million people, were under orders to close up shop and stay home as New York, California, Illinois, Connecticut and New Jersey instituted statewide lockdowns to try to contain the rapid spread of the highly contagious respiratory illness.

Mnuchin downplayed a question about a possible recession, calling it a "technical question" that was not "terribly relevant" in the current situation since the government was effectively shutting down large parts of the economy to slow the virus."

"When people focus on recessions, it's normally because of a prolonged economic environment," Mnuchin said. "This is a very unique situation that we've never had before. This is the government has self-imposed shutting down large parts of the economy. And as soon as we can get the medical situation under control, we're going to reopen it."

Mnuchin declined to comment specifically about a Washington Post report that the Trump administration did not act on repeated warnings about the potential impact of the coronavirus from the U.S. intelligence community, but said no one expected the crisis to escalate as quickly as it had.

"I don't think that anybody should second guess the government's actions," Mnuchin said. "This has been moving very quickly and I think we've responded appropriately."

Many critics have said the administration has been slow in both its preparation and response to the crisis as President Donald
Trump for weeks played down the situation before changing his tone more recently.

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
So? A few trillion here or there don't make a bit of difference at this point. It can never be paid back anyway
Merely pointing out that my theory is a doubling of the debt every Presidency. We were at 23 trillion and now going to 27 or 28..Basically adding 8 trillion in less than 4 years.

I'd say this also blows up any theory about Trump eliminating the fed. 4 trillion o them and 3k per family which will work out to 750 per person for a family of 4. Once again this is completely ass backwards of what should be done.
Give families 4 trillion and watch the economy roar back to life.
Even better would be to eliminate the communist central banking system and central government planning and let the economy do what its going to do. That would be the 1st and most important step in restoring freedom to the American people.

Last time when we gave the fed 700 billon people were up in arms. Now we are looking at 4 trillion and not a peep. Last time the 700 billion got paid back but no-one can say where the money went. Didn't go to paying down the debt so what happened to it? This will be the same. Businesses can borrow the money and pay it back and when paid back it just vanishes. The debt will never be reduced though.

Trump could end the fed right now as I said. Just give that 4 trillion to the American people and let the economy do its thing. If Obama or Hillary did this people would be screaming bloody murder around here.

This rant isn't TDS, it's arguing for whats best for America and a dire warning that this communist system of central government is not the answer.

Last edited:

the_shootist

Trump 2020
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
At least wait until there's something to piss and moan about before y'all start pissing and moaning. This Congress can't even agree on how to take out the trash let alone come to any agreement on any sort of bill that helps the American people

1584901638583.png

Last edited:

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
At least wait until there's something to piss and moan about before y'all start pissing and moaning. This Congress can't even agree on how to take out the trash let alone come to any agreement on any sort of bill that helps the American people

View attachment 158481 I
I heard that now too.. Apparently they are gonna want a huge package for the baby killing machine planned parenthood.. Once they get the money they send it on over to DNC so they can support their favorite candidates that fund their machine.

Meanwhile something like 50% of America couldn't come up with 400 bucks for an emergency before this crisis. I am sure that money is now gone so most are sitting around broke just waiting for a handout. The Gov and fed have already sucked this country dry. The media has helped them a bunch.

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Pelosi is ready to piss on any ember the Senate agrees on. She just said the House is coming up with their own plan.
Remember the democrats like to tell the people they are FOR the people. :bang head:

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
My dem Senator posted his requirements on twitter for what a bailout package should look like. It put some pretty serious restrictions on corps and how they can use the money. The restrictions stay in effect for 10 years.

For the first time in a long time it's something coming from the D team that actually makes sense. Of course by the time anything is passed most of the stuff that is good will be gone.

I did post on a reply that if you gave the people 100% of this money that it would be the best remedy for the economy.

R's want to do the trickle down thingy as usual. Whats the definition of insanity???????

No I'm not switching teams. Just sad that a dem is making more sense than a rep nowadays.. Maybe everyone here should post a similar reply to their reps accounts.. Maybe get the 100 monkey thing going.

Scorpio

Hunter of elusive Beer Virus
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
might want to rethink what you consider 'making sense'

you want to pay for abortions do you?
or your want to fund transgender surgeries do you?

by all means, go over to the dark side and declare 1 item sufficient (and even that I disagree with) as making sense

----------

on another note, had a guy telling me needed to put up a poster for a existing mayor in a town,
I said what is he..........took him awhile and he finally admitted the guy is a libtard, well he called him dem

he stated he had seen his votes, and he had served with him on the city council, and he always voted the right way,

told him you are missing something, that if he was what you think he was/is, then he would be either in different party or a independent

told him there is no such thing as a reasonable libtard,

told him, yes you can put up his sign, but if'n you do, you and I won't ever do business again, you and him are both out

but but he voted to remove a member of the fire dept, eliminating a position,
I said so, one fookin' position, and then a fire dept position at that, and not a mgt level position
as in nothing

my position stands

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
you want to pay for abortions do you?
or your want to fund transgender surgeries do you?
The answer to both is no of course. However those were not in the items he listed as being critical to getting something passed.
Who is paying for abortions and transgender surgeries now?

My preference is for the gov to stay out of this altogether. However short of a mini asteroid landing on DC and declaring everyone in America free again, I want as much of the stimulus package to reach the American people and not the corporations, as possible.

Just for the record, I don't get anything from either party.

the_shootist

Trump 2020
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
I don't want their helicopter money. Just refund every taxer's 2018 taxes and stop tasking taxes out of those still working. Give those who paid into the corrupt system our money back. No social welfare recipients should be given another dime

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Why would anyone be for bailing out big business with limited relief for the working class?

Have I entered the twilight zone and everyone on here is now for big business bailouts and against everyday Americans? You don't have to be a democrat to want to help your fellow man.. Just my opinion of course.
not me

i do like the idea of sending every American $150,000 dollars so they can pay off mortgages , buy new homes , pay off school loans , buy a new car , start a business , and grease all the wheels that make the engine go

i do not like the idea of money going to big corporations especially if they use the money to buy back their own stock and then get big bonuses when the stocks recover

change my mind

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
not me

i do like the idea of sending every American $150,000 dollars so they can pay off mortgages , buy new homes , pay off school loans , buy a new car , start a business , and grease all the wheels that make the engine go

i do not like the idea of money going to big corporations especially if they use the money to buy back their own stock and then get big bonuses when the stocks recover

change my mind
I could not have said it any better.

This who bailout fiasco is nothing more than a money grab. Its actually been this way for awhile. Every time the Gov passes laws to benefit corps, it always makes everything more expensive and increases their bottom line. To the point that 50% of America is essentially broke.

JayDubya

pies klasy robotniczej
Midas Member
Midas Supporter

Mujahideen

Essential Worker
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Mnuchin worked for Goldman Sachs for 17 years and was picked by the President. Is there any surprise why we have continued to go down the path that we have been on?

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Mnuchin worked for Goldman Sachs for 17 years and was picked by the President. Is there any surprise why we have continued to go down the path that we have been on?
No surprise here. I think they all come from Goldman.. Bushes guy had to sell his portfolio when he was picked. 500 million and because he had to sell it he got to do it tax free.. That little loophole that us little people aren't supposed to know about.

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
The Dems do want student loan forgivness tied to this bill.
I'll be for it as soon as they write me a check for my daughters college that I paid for out of pocket.

Scorpio

Hunter of elusive Beer Virus
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
i do like the idea of a Jubilee of some sort for everyone in debt but the devil is in the details
hell to the no

why reward debt slaves?
they wanted it, begged for it, signed for it,
they deserve to see the other side of it,

The answer to both is no of course.
that is what you said,

if tramp was real, he would veto this stuff and put a halt to it,
telling all that get back to the business at hand,
no pork barrel spending of any type,
all current pork is hereby closed and funds diverted to this effort,
such as no more studies of the purple warty back clam or the mating habits of flies

all .gov budgets cut by 10% and funds diverted to this effort, to include all unrelated, DOJ, DOE, DEA, IRS, DNR, SUPREMES, CONGRESS, REPS, NASA, MILITARY, ETC

the people on SS don't need another check, they already are getting their checks,
same for the disability and welfare types, they are already into the till

but of course, tramp won't as he is one of them

Thecrensh

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
hell to the no

why reward debt slaves?

that is what you said,

such as no more studies of the purple warty back clam or the mating habits of flies

all .gov budgets cut by 10% and funds diverted to this effort, to include all unrelated, DOJ, DOE, DEA, IRS, DNR, SUPREMES, CONGRESS, REPS, NASA, MILITARY, ETC

the people on SS don't need another check, they already are getting their checks,

I'd be ok with not having a mortgage anymore.

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
hell to the no

why reward debt slaves?

that is what you said,

Asking for all of that while ideal would take months if not years to get through the chambers. Trump has done some streamlining. Remember the State Department cuts? CONgress needs to change appropriations.
I take acception to SS. Some of us paid into that fund. JMO.

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
hell to the no

why reward debt slaves?
because they work hard

maybe , maybe not , perhaps the system is set up like a debt trap

naw , I wouldn’t wish hard times on anyone

a lot of details in trying to figure out how all of us can live together in a world that is good for all of us

That will happen one day in my beliefs

Buck

Village Idiot
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
why does it cost trillions to fix a broken virus that was man-made?

shouldn't there already be a cure?

no? It's not like cancer where a cure is only a quadrillion away?

it's the flu...the flu? man made...flu

it's not curable...it's the flu

A Trillion Dollars???

this is a shit show...