• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Coronavirus aid bill includes $3,000 for families, $4 trillion liquidity for Fed - Mnuchin

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
not me

i do like the idea of sending every American $150,000 dollars so they can pay off mortgages , buy new homes , pay off school loans , buy a new car , start a business , and grease all the wheels that make the engine go

i do not like the idea of money going to big corporations especially if they use the money to buy back their own stock and then get big bonuses when the stocks recover

change my mind
Big Business has had numerous shots under numerous administrations. Put the Free money /Tax Free money in the hand of the people who have paid taxes during all those other freeloading /Big Corp. periods for once.

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Tramp at a press conference....I can hear it now.... “I had a great plan. Many say it was a perfect plan. I think it is. Yes, I had a perfect plan, the biggest, greatest plan, the world said it's never been done, couldn't be done, doing the impossible is what I do, but Democrats — as they always do — it’s all they can do. They have no plan, they have no leaders, they’re pitiful really, why I've even had to show them how to properly socialize America... But we’re winning. We’re doing great stuff, tremendous stuff — stuff like no pandemic has ever seen before. And we will win. We will. Already the rest of the world is looking at me and saying great things about what I'm doing. ...”
Sounds like something Adam Schiffless would say that Trump said.

And this is suppose to mean ???
It's supposed to make you think orange man bad! Lol

Last time the 700 billion got paid back but no-one can say where the money went. Didn't go to paying down the debt so what happened to it?
It went back onto the ether from whence it came.

This will be the same. Businesses can borrow the money and pay it back and when paid back it just vanishes.
Yep, same as all the home and auto loan payments that those in debt pay. Or at least the principle portion of it does.

i do like the idea of sending every American $150,000 dollars
That'd be inflationary as a mofo.

i do not like the idea of money going to big corporations especially if they use the money to buy back their own stock and then get big bonuses when the stocks recover
If you hold stock and choose to sell it back to the company with money they got in a bailout, where does that money actually end up? In their wallet, or yours?
Without the bailout, all you have is a languishing stock no one wants to buy from you.

a lot of details in trying to figure out how all of us can live together in a world that is good for all of us

That will happen one day in my beliefs
That'll only happen the day after the cure for stupidity is discovered.

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Sounds like something Adam Schiffless would say that Trump said.

It's supposed to make you think orange man bad! Lol

It went back onto the ether from whence it came.

Yep, same as all the home and auto loan payments that those in debt pay. Or at least the principle portion of it does.

That'd be inflationary as a mofo.

If you hold stock and choose to sell it back to the company with money they got in a bailout, where does that money actually end up? In their wallet, or yours?
Without the bailout, all you have is a languishing stock no one wants to buy from you.

That'll only happen the day after the cure for stupidity is discovered.

you have shot my arguments down and now I am curious as to what your opinion or solution is please?,,,

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
you have shot my arguments down and now I am curious as to what your opinion or solution is please?,,,
Although most people would prefer a Band-Aid type of solution, the only real "solution", is to finally allow the cows to come home.

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Although most people would prefer a Band-Aid type of solution, the only real "solution", is to finally allow the cows to come home.
What I hear you saying in reference to the bovine community is , let the financial , medical, manufacturing , the System, and labor force collapse and then reset everything?

I will hang around some more and read some of your posts and maybe I’ll figure out what you mean when you say the only real solution is to allow the cows to come home.

I am guessing that you are probably a little burnt out and tired of explaining your solution to those who are trying to figure out what the hell is going on.

Thank you for your reply.

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
What I hear you saying in reference to the bovine community is , let the financial , medical, manufacturing , the System, and labor force collapse and then reset everything?

I will hang around some more and read some of your posts and maybe I’ll figure out what you mean when you say the only real solution is to allow the cows to come home.

I am guessing that you are probably a little burnt out and tired of explaining your solution to those who are trying to figure out what the hell is going on.

Thank you for your reply.
I think he is advocating for THE solution.
The solution is gov packs up shop and lets things happen the way they should. The bubbles burst, all of them and we return to a sane world that 99% of the people can understand. Unlike todays system where 1% understand the financial system , gov system and every other societal system that Gov has put in place...

It all needs to end.

Buck

Village Idiot
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Unlike todays system where 1% understand the financial system , gov system and every other societal system that Gov has put in place...
Truth...and those 99% are to remain ignorant at all costs..."Oh Look!"

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I think he is advocating for THE solution.
The solution is gov packs up shop and lets things happen the way they should. The bubbles burst, all of them and we return to a sane world that 99% of the people can understand. Unlike todays system where 1% understand the financial system , gov system and every other societal system that Gov has put in place...

It all needs to end.
Thanks CL

Sometimes I forget about the educated trained professionals in Economics and World Geography that are members here. I’m sure they get tired of rookie questions.

i am a student of Economics lol whatever that means , to old to go back to school , so I just kind of hang around and try and learn.

Economics and numbers are fascinating to me.

ive decided today to shut up and do more reading and less posting

Aurumag

Ag mirror of truth Aurum purity of mind
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
The Dems do want student loan forgivness tied to this bill.
I wonder if the bill includes reimbursement for those of us who made all the payments on time and paid off our student loans?

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
I'd like to copy the video segment, of the squirrel on the log, that approached the running water going over the log, turned to go back, stopped, had a second thought ("oh fuck it" !) & went for it. That is soooo great !!

Buck

Village Idiot
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
oh, it'll be gross alright...

But the hat now hangs on Nancy's head...

Aurumag

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
If the loan forgiveness goes through, it will be a gross injustice.
Think of the votes the dims will get come November!

Killing off the elderly with a "virus."

Altering the election process to incorporate Smartphone app voting.

What could possibly go wrong?

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
is this shit for real or are y'all makin it up?
I don't watch TV
BF

I'd hate to hafta invest in cable just to watch amerika commit suicide.

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
So Nancy flys backing DC on the 65,000,000 dollar plane paid for by taxpayers. 17k an hr plus 50k a year in booze to stock it up for her. And then shoots down anything for the little people.

In a sane world these people on both sides could come in and pass a few billion for the people that they rape on an annual basis and at least throw them a bone now and then. The way this is going they might as well just skip this altogether. This crisis will be over before they ever agree to do anything.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
This is why the bill was killed
Senator Tom Cotton details what the Democrats have added to the third phase coronavirus relief package. Speaker Pelosi upended the negotiations after Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer said discussions were going well.

Democratic Wish List

1. Corporate pay statistics by race and race statistics for all corporate boards at companies receiving assistance
2. Bailing out all current debt of postal service
3. Required early voting
4. Required same day voter registration
5. 10k bailout for student loans
6. For companies accepting assistance, 1/3 of board members must be chosen by workers
7. Provisions on official time for union collective bargaining
8. Full offset of airline emissions by 2025
9. Greenhouse gas statistics for individual flights
10. Retirement plans for community newspaper employees
11. $15 minimum wage at companies receiving assistance
12. Permanent paid leave at companies receiving assistance

“The Democrats see an opportunity in this crisis.

Not to help the American people, but to hold an emergency relief bill hostage until they get their radical wish list.

How long will Arkansans and Americans across the country have to wait?”

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
It's harsh, but it's the only way that the lessons that need to be learned, will be learned.

I wonder if the bill includes reimbursement for those of us who made all the payments on time and paid off our student loans?
Don't be silly, it'll only be for the deadbeats. Lol
...but yea, I feel the same as you do about it. If they pay off anyone's loans, everyone who did the right thing and paid their own, should get a check for the average amount of all the forgiven loans. It'd be the only fair way of doing it.

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Senator Tom Cotton details what the Democrats have added to the third phase coronavirus relief package. Speaker Pelosi upended the negotiations after Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer said discussions were going well.

Democratic Wish List

1. Corporate pay statistics by race and race statistics for all corporate boards at companies receiving assistance
3. Required early voting
6. For companies accepting assistance, 1/3 of board members must be chosen by workers

Not to help the American people, but to hold an emergency relief bill hostage until they get their radical wish list.

What is #12? Permanent paid leave? So what I decide to go on vacation to Tahiti and while I am there just decide to stay forever? Please forward my checks til I reach retirement age?

Someone_else

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
The loony parts are obvious. But this one:
means that a small cafe owner will NOT be eligible to get any relief money. Ain't gonna happen. Cafe will close and the landlord will lose rent for a long time, trying to find a new tenant.

Hystckndle

SWEATEQUITYIS$$$
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame

Democratic Wish List

3. Required early voting

Is there a link for this ?
Re:
Only idiots ( loss for words here ) would try and insert this list here in the process.
This is worse than I thougt.
Fing close down the universe and THEN put these constraints out there.
Maroons I tell ya.
Incredible and deserves a spot on the " The Left is Insane Thread "

Usury

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
This is completely ridiculous. Everybody needs to go back to work and send the politicians home to shelter inside instead.

the_shootist

Trump 2020
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
These people need to be removed from power immediately! Schiff, Pelosi, Schumer and the like are sucking the blood right out of our veins. When is enough enough?

https://neonnettle.com/news/10735-s...to-get-taxpayer-money-for-coronavirus-support

Schiff Calls for Hollywood Celebrities to Get Taxpayer Money for Coronavirus Support
Rep.

Schiff argues that Americans are "in debt" to entertainers for their support amid the global COVID-19 pandemic

Speaking to industry trade website Deadline on Thursday, Schiff insisted that celebrities and entertainment industry workers must be included in any congressional coronavirus relief bill.

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
The DEMs are not worried about you. Chances are they won't get your vote because you WORK for a living.

Aurumag

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Is there a link for this ?
Re:
Only idiots ( loss for words here ) would try and insert this list here in the process.
This is worse than I thougt.
Fing close down the universe and THEN put these constraints out there.
Maroons I tell ya.
Incredible and deserves a spot on the " The Left is Insane Thread "
I thought the addition of pork was part and parcel of EVERY bill.

This time, they Democraps are being called out on it.

The Republiturds do the same thing...

GOLDZILLA

Harvurd Koleej Jeenyus
Midas Member
They make it seem impossible, but if 1400 people each read one page and sound the alarm on any pork, they still cant hide it just by burying it in paper.

ABC123

Gold Chaser
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Wicked Pelosi’s Coronavirus Package Is Littered with Far Left Crap to Remake America and Give Democrats More Power

by Jim Hoft March 24, 2020 133 Comments

Pelosi flew back to Washington DC on Sunday to takeover the negotiations with Republicans on the Coronavirus Stimulus Plan for American companies and workers.

Nancy Pelosi made sure the Democrat plan is stuffed with far left crap that has nothing to do with the virus or recovery from the virus. She also loaded it with new rules and regulations on companies and the American people. The Pelosi package is an attempt to remake America and give Democrats more power.

While Americans suffer — It’s business as usual for these Democrats.

The SUMMARY is 63 pages!

Here are a few of the items these Democrats included in their coronavirus stimulus bill.
What wicked people.

Collective Bargaining:

• Nullifies the White House Executive Orders on federal collective bargaining and codifies taxpayer-funded union official time.
  • Requires a labor union representative on every airline’s board of directors.
  • Multi-employer pension bailout.
  • Permanently raises the minimum wage to $15 for any business that receives federal aid for COVID-19.
  • Cancels all debt owed by United States Postal Service to the Treasury.

Green New Deal Priorities:

• Requires all airlines that receive assistance to offset carbon emissions for domestic flights by 2025.
  • Includes $1 billion “cash for clunkers” airplane program where DOT buys fuel inefficient planes from airlines in exchange for agreeing to buy new ones.
  • Includes expansive new tax-credit for solar and wind energy.

Student Loan Forgiveness:

• $10,000 blanket loan forgiveness.

Federalizing Elections:

• Mandates how states must run elections, including the nationalization of ballot harvesting, requiring early voting, same day registration, and no-excuse vote by mail.
  • Puts states at risk of costly litigation if they are unable to implement these stringent mandates ahead of the 2020 election.

Immigration Provisions:

• Requires DHS to automatically extend visas and work authorizations expiring within the next year, including those with Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals and Temporary Protected Status, for an amount of time equal to their prior visa, authorization or status.
  • Limits CBPs ability to shutdown processing centers if there is a health crisis on the border and requires CBP to assure the timely adjudication of asylums applications.
  • Requires that Byrne JAG funding be distributed based on the FY2016 allocation, which would allow funding to go to sanctuary cities.

Overreaching Mandates on Businesses:

• Permanent changes to who can serve on corporate boards of directors for companies that receive assistance for payroll and operating costs.
  • Mandatory disclosure on supply chain management.
  • Requires board diversity disclosure for all publicly traded companies.
  • Ban on all federal rulemaking including non-COVID 19 proposals (extends 30 days after emergency) in an attempt to delay the current Administration from promulgating actions House Democrats disagree with.

New Permanent Mandates:

• Virtually rewrites SNAP policy with no reference to COVID-19 and permanently disallows rulemaking pertaining to work requirements and eligibility.
  • Permanent expansion of Obamacare entitlement, putting the American taxpayer on the hook for endless and unchecked health insurance spending and would remove all incentives for insurers to reduce the cost of health

the_shootist

Trump 2020
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Somebody is really trying to screw over the USA. Trump is trying to make the best deal, but even that will not be as good as we had it 30 days ago.
Yes, every God damned Democrat and 99.9% of the Republicans, both in DC and at the state levels are trying to screw us over. (and I could be too low on the Republican number)

They need to all be removed somehow, some way or nothing changes

Last edited:

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
I thought the addition of pork was part and parcel of EVERY bill.
Pelosi wanting to add Diversity Departments to every agency is not what I consider pork. YMMV

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Pelosi wanting to add Diversity Departments to every agency is not what I consider pork. YMMV
Why wouldn't it be? Imo, anything in any Bill that is not directly related to the main purpose and title of the Bill, is the very definition of political pork.

If piglosi wants somethong, let her draft a Bill about whatever commie shit she wants, and put it up for a vote. If it fails, she should then stfu about it and move on to other issues. This crap they always pull of taking any Bill that "must pass" and stuffing it full of shit needs to stop.