• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Coronavirus Alert, Chris Martenson

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
It was hard to panic when you used to be able to get this cough expectorant over the counter right up until 1992
View attachment 156152 42% grain alcohol mixed with generous helpings of codeine.

Couldn't wait for flu season.
That was called "GI gin" fifty cents a bottle at the drug store. The violent orange taste was rough to take.

Uncle

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
It was hard to panic when you used to be able to get this cough expectorant over the counter right up until 1992
View attachment 156152 42% grain alcohol mixed with generous helpings of codeine.

That would have knocked my posterior into another dimension.

Golden Regards
Uncle

Merlin

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
We had Paragoric as kids to stop colic and diaherria...
Back in the day (55 years ago :) we used to soak our joints in Paragoric, let them dry, and then smoke them. Heavenly.

Varmint Hunter

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter ++

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter

YEP, Back in the 50s & 60s we had some "GREAT!" cough syrups cherry flavored. I didn't mind getting a cough or cold as a kid. It meant more cough syrup.

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
YEP, Back in the 50s & 60s we had some "GREAT!" cough syrups cherry flavored. I didn't mind getting a cough or cold as a kid. It meant more cough syrup.
yeah and we had some killer flu back then too.....

my older brother reminded me of this.....

back in 1957 about 10 of us kids got the flu and my older brother said he does not know how my mom took care of us all cause she was sick too....

from my brother....
“I remember, and it was bad. All of us were hallucinating, high fevers, puking, diarrhea. The works. I was the least affected of us kids so I helped mom when I could. She had to buy extra diapers for all of us. Jacquie was there and she helped mom but she was sick too. Mike as well. I don't know how mom did it.”

1957 Asian Flu Pandemic

In 1957, which was on the whole a much milder illness than that of 1918, the global death toll was estimated to be around 2 million. In 1957, the Asian flu pandemic resulted in about 70,000 deaths in the United States. An excess 30,000 deaths occurred in England and Wales of which 6,716 were ascribed to influenza itself. Estimates in the UK ranged from 1.3 to 3.5 deaths/1,000 cases. An estimate from 29 British general practices was 2.3 deaths per 1,000 cases attended.

In February 1957, the Asian influenza pandemic was first identified in the Far East. Immunity to this strain was rare in people less than 65 years of age, and a pandemic was predicted. In preparation, vaccine production began in late May 1957, and health officials increased surveillance for flu outbreaks. The 1957 pandemic is instructive in that the first US cases occurred in June but no community outbreaks occurred until August and the first wave of illness peaked in October.

Unlike the virus that caused the 1918 pandemic, the 1957 pandemic virus was quickly identified, due to advances in scientific technology. The 1957 pandemic was associated with the emergence and spread of the H2N2 virus [this virus subtype stopped circulating in 1968]. Vaccine was available in limited supply by August 1957. The virus came to the US quietly, with a series of small outbreaks over the summer of 1957. When US children went back to school in the fall, they spread the disease in classrooms and brought it home to their families. Infection rates were highest among school children, young adults, and pregnant women in October 1957. Most influenza-and pneumonia-related deaths occurred between September 1957 and March 1958. The elderly had the highest rates of death.

During the 1957-1958 pandemic, a WHO expert panel found that spread within some countries followed public gatherings, such as conferences and festivals.16 This panel also observed that in many countries the pandemic broke out first in camps, army units and schools; suggesting that the avoidance of crowding may be important in reducing the peak incidence of an epidemic.

During the first wave of the Asian influenza pandemic of 1957-1958, the highest attack rates were seen in school aged children. This has been attributed to their close contact in crowded settings. A published study found that during an influenza outbreak, school closures were associated with significant decreases in the incidence of viral respiratory diseases and health care utilization among children aged 6-12 years.

In 1957, up to 50% of British schoolchildren developed influenza, but even those schools which were severely disorganised had returned to normal 4 weeks after the appearance of the first case. In residential schools in the UK, attack rates reached 90%, often affecting the whole school within a fortnight.

In Liverpool in 1957 12.6-19.4% of nurses were absent during the first 4 weeks of the epidemic; in one hospital, nearly a third were absent at the peak. During September and October 1957, the two main months of the epidemic in the UK, it was estimated between 25,000 and 30,000 more cases of acute respiratory infection were admitted to NHS hospitals in England and Wales than would have been expected at that time of year. Hospital admission and bed bureaux could barely cope with the demand placed upon them.

In 1957, of patients with pneumonia studied mainly in London teaching hospitals, 28% of those with staphylococcal pneumonia and 12% with non-staphylococcal pneumonia died. The death rate among patients with pneumonia fell during the course of the epidemic from around 20% to 13%. Deterioration can be very rapid and a high proportion of those hospitalised who die, do so within 48 hours of admission, ie so rapidly that antibiotics may have little or no effect.

Vaccine production for the Asian flu began about 3 months after the first outbreaks occurred in China. The first cases in the US occurred in the summer, with a peak in October following school openings. The first doses of vaccine became available in September and by mid-October at the peak of the US pandemic fewer than half of the approximately 60 million doses produced had been delivered.

By December 1957, the worst seemed to be over. However, during January and February 1958, there was another wave of illness among the elderly. This is an example of the potential "second wave" of infections that can develop during a pandemic. The disease infects one group of people first, infections appear to decrease and then infections increase in a different part of the population.

Other pandemics had a faster spread than in 1957, in general the weekly profile for these pandemics had a higher peak and a shorter base.

The conventional wisdom conveys China's Great Leap Forward famine as a man-made disaster where misguided economic policies precipitated widespread famine and world record-breaking population losses. Barbara Sands reconstructed regional population and grain availability data to find more complex patterns than those suggested by classic famine. While allowing for considerable excess mortality in this period, she suggested that portions of it were due to the influenza pandemic of 1957, an alternative explanation of the Great Leap Forward famine.

Scorpio

Hunter of elusive Beer Virus
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
big pharma to the rescue,

gonna prove to you slaves that they have the way, they are the light,

they is a gettin' you your fix, and then you will be all bettah, or dead, either way, they win

programming

condition you to believe it is more than just a simple fookin' flu, with a cool name, beer virus

ooohhhh,

omg!

doc, whatcha got for me's????

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
If you want your immune system to be healthy, you have to get dirty.
They say most allergies are due to kids not being or playing outside enough and the moms with plastic covers on all the living room furniture, NO DOGS or CATS allowed. Helicopter Moms have sick kids.

Krag

Planet earth
Platinum Bling
China has lost so much business it is unbelievable as "Wolf Street" showed: https://wolfstreet.com/2020/03/01/c...nfathomable-extent-the-economy-has-collapsed/

This is bound to continue to have large consequences as local hedge fund guru Ray Dalio has been saying recently: https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/i...lf-ray-dalio-warns-virus-will-annihilate-some
This is why I'm thinking that the whole COVID-19 episode has the stench of a US black ops mission. If it does turn out to be the case, the Chinese will be plenty pissed but won't be able to do much about it.

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
This is why I'm thinking that the whole COVID-19 episode has the stench of a US black ops mission. If it does turn out to be the case, the Chinese will be plenty pissed but won't be able to do much about it.
Why create such a complicated scheme when it is known 1). the Chinese have a known biohazard laboratory in Wuhan, China. 2). The lab was working with the mutant virus Wuhan 400. 3). Why did the Chinese wait for three months before raising the alarm. 4). Chinese people and doctors were dying during the 3 month denial. Including the doctor who exposed the incident to the world. 5). For Political Correctness the Wuhan 400 was renamed COVID19 due to Chinese pressure on W.H.O. & world governments. .....
Those are FIVE GOOD reasons the Chinese knew of a release, worked a denial, and failed to start protocols to protect locals, and then the region until the issue was out of control & becoming an international incident.
And I can name more.

Believe it or not the US is not the only wrong doing . Gov. Every nation works to create weapons to one day rule the world.

Why create such a complicated scheme when it is known 1). the Chinese have a known biohazard laboratory in Wuhan, China. 2). The lab was working with the mutant virus Wuhan 400. 3). Why did the Chinese wait for three months before raising the alarm. 4). Chinese people and doctors were dying during the 3 month denial. Including the doctor who exposed the incident to the world. 5). For Political Correctness the Wuhan 400 was renamed COVID19 due to Chinese pressure on W.H.O. & world governments. .....
Those are FIVE GOOD reasons the Chinese knew of a release, worked a denial, and failed to start protocols to protect locals, and then the region until the issue was out of control & becoming an international incident.
And I can name more.

Believe it or not the US is not the only wrong doing . Gov. Every nation works to create weapons to one day rule the world.
I think these are precisely the reasons why I think this has black ops written all over it. To engineer everything from scratch would have never worked, however by giving the Chinese enough rope, it made the job for the black ops guys much easier and creates plausible deniability when the brown stuff has settled.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Never eliminate rampant stupidity as a cause of a disaster. Never.

Chieftan: They were playing with fire just like YOU did when you were young and dumb and careless of disaster.

But this is what is going to affect every single person reading this sentence:

Thecrensh

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Never eliminate rampant stupidity as a cause of a disaster. Never.

Chieftan: They were playing with fire just like YOU did when you were young and dumb and careless of disaster.

But this is what is going to affect every single person reading this sentence:

The chart shows a drop off due to the virus. The capability and skills are still in-place and can be brought back up fairly quickly.

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
The chart shows a drop off due to the virus. The capability and skills are still in-place and can be brought back up fairly quickly.
So can the "WORK" on the Wuhan 400 virus.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

Nobody in China lost everything they owned?

There will be no internal repercussions by the populace with this brutal Chicom naked power display?

And the real reason the virus came to Wusan? Nobody there was supposed to about anything but a food market -- except that story has gone and has been replaced with knowledge/reality. Hushed up germ warfare next door?

The full-month delay by politicians, who excoriated the Dr who spoke a warning of it (he's dead) will have no effect?

The thousands of ships now actually derelict with rotted cargo sitting outside harbors... No effect?

I say the Chinese are having a Perfect Storm, Thecrensh. Thisaway:

We've all seen those videos of the empty cities. Built to sustain a ridiculous national business plan. Chinese banks are nose-deep in merde. They are beyond hollow. Their entire mfg cycle was waiting for a pinprick to bring it all down.

Just simply, a cessation of building ghost cities... would have destroyed the Chinese economy.

But -- not ONLY was the building of ghost cities shut down completely, but so was shipping. Ships could not enter, nor leave China.

Imports of food simply stopped.

I will stop here, for the picture is plain: Many of those families who worked here, there, yada... are GONE. The economy is only still moving because it has the incredible inertia-mass of the Chinese trade.

Varmint Hunter

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter ++

Voodoo

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I think these are precisely the reasons why I think this has black ops written all over it. To engineer everything from scratch would have never worked, however by giving the Chinese enough rope, it made the job for the black ops guys much easier and creates plausible deniability when the brown stuff has settled.
It's certainly a possibility by the Deep State CIA spooks. Iran seems to be thinking along those lines. Of course they are biased to blame everything on the US.

https://summit.news/2020/03/05/iranian-general-coronavirus-is-a-manmade-bio-weapon/

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Both Russia and Germany have banned exports of "pandemic medical articles" such as masks, gloves, suits, disinfectants... foreseeing their need "at home" in the not too distant future...

Uncle

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
I've already asked this in another thread so apologies for triggering your forum OCD.

So I have a Q.

Previously there were SARS, MERS and a host of uglies.

Where did they go?

Are they now counted as flu or did they just acquiescence to the fact that Covid-19 is the better and have relegated themselves to the shadows?

Asking for a friend.

Golden Regards
Uncle

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I've already asked this in another thread so apologies for triggering your forum OCD.

So I have a Q.

Where did they go?

Are they now counted as flu or did they just acquiescence to the fact that Covid-19 is the better and have relegated themselves to the shadows?

Asking for a friend.

Golden Regards
Uncle
That was a damn' good question. I just now looked up "MERS status".

I do not like the answer. MERS is some bad shit. I did not look up the others. MERS is bad enough. Take my advice -- don't get MERS. Lookit:

Current epidemiological status of Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus in the world from 1.1.2017 to 17.1.2018: a cross-sectional study
BMC Infectious Diseases volume 19, Article number: 351 (2019) Cite this article
Abstract
Background
Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus (MERS-CoV) is considered to be responsible for a new viral epidemic and an emergent threat to global health security. This study describes the current epidemiological status of MERS-CoV in the world.
Methods
Epidemiological analysis was performed on data derived from all MERS-CoV cases recorded in the disease outbreak news on WHO website between 1.1.2017 and 17.1.2018. Demographic and clinical information as well as potential contacts and probable risk factors for mortality were extracted based on laboratory-confirmed MERS-CoV cases.
Results
A total of 229 MERS-CoV cases, including 70 deaths (30.5%), were recorded in the disease outbreak news on world health organization website over the study period. Based on available details in this study, the case fatality rate in both genders was 30.5% (70/229) [32.1% (55/171) for males and 25.8% (15/58) for females].

The disease occurrence was higher among men [171 cases (74.7%)] than women [58 cases (25.3%)]. Variables such as comorbidities and exposure to MERS-CoV cases were significantly associated with mortality in people affected with MERS-CoV infections, and adjusted odds ratio estimates were 2.2 (95% CI: 1.16, 7.03) and 2.3 (95% CI: 1.35, 8.20), respectively. All age groups had an equal chance of mortality.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
(*snork*)

Important advice gleaned from the above... Stay away from sucking on a camel teat.

Please.

Here's why:

"...in those with exposure to camels [77 cases (33.6%) than those without exposure to camels [26 cases (11.4%)], in individuals consuming camel milk [61 cases (26.6%)] than those not consuming it [28 cases (12.2%)]..."

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
So I have a Q.

Where did they go?
Not sure about MERS, but I read that SARS has been eradicated from the human population.

mispillion

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
am i wrong? the death rate reports seem to be total cases divided by deaths. this doesn't make any sense whatsoever to me. total cases is not a final number. it would seem deaths compared to recovered would be much more accurate. the total cases is useless except to watch the spread.

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
It's just metrics, misspeller. However ya want to chart/graph the data you're looking at. Your choice, I guess.

But here's some metrics. I'm trying to get a idea of what to expect here (like everyone else) and I decided to compare Singapore to my own (INFESTED!!) area of seattle. Why Singapore? They're about the same size & population as the Seattle urban area, they have modern medicine and they're in the middle of the shit.

Here's what I found:
Singapore
117 cases
0 deaths
78 recovered
39 active

Seattle
51 cases
10 deaths
2 recovered
40 active

Huh? Well..
Singapore; 280 square miles, about 5,600,000 population. Seattle (city); 142 square miles, urban population of about 3,050,000.

metrics there. chart em as you want...
BF

oldgaranddad

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
A little close to home for me. 10 miles away to be exact. It's one of our local hospitals. My wife works at another local hospital and they have the pandemic tents up already.

https://patch.com/new-york/mineola/new-coronavirus-case-confirmed-long-island-officials-say
LI Hospital Treats Coronavirus Patient; Staff May Self-Isolate
The first case of the new coronavirus was confirmed on Long Island. NYU Winthrop is treating the patient in an isolated area.

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
Denver post is reporting the first case in Colorado, in Summit county. thats a ski resort area, everyone who skis goes there...........and here we go.........

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
It's just metrics, misspeller. However ya want to chart/graph the data you're looking at. Your choice, I guess.

But here's some metrics. I'm trying to get a idea of what to expect here (like everyone else) and I decided to compare Singapore to my own (INFESTED!!) area of seattle. Why Singapore? They're about the same size & population as the Seattle urban area, they have modern medicine and they're in the middle of the shit.

Here's what I found:
Singapore
117 cases
0 deaths
78 recovered
39 active

Seattle
51 cases
10 deaths
2 recovered
40 active

Huh? Well..
Singapore; 280 square miles, about 5,600,000 population. Seattle (city); 142 square miles, urban population of about 3,050,000.

metrics there. chart em as you want...
BF
my gf’s daughter and family live in Maple Valley and they are freaking out....pulled their kids outta school Monday

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
Stupid bitch that works w the wife was skiing at keystone last weekend.

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
my gf’s daughter and family live in Maple Valley and they are freaking out....pulled their kids outta school Monday
Why monday how long has this been going on up there? havent heard a peep til today.