• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Coronavirus Alert, Chris Martenson

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
The Lemmings are headed for the cliffs.
Seeing how fast it has propagated in Italy - and living in the next country over - I don't think it's "over-reacting" to take this virus REALLY seriously... High death rate. You take up to or more than 5 days to have any symptoms, but during that time you're a real FACTORY SPREADING THE GERMS ALL AROUND YOU without knowing... And the following people JUST THE SAME...
And it has been SPREADING 4X QUICKER THAN ANYTHING ELSE...
NO CURES

that's enough for this session...
- laters!

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Cannot compare the infection rates and death rates from third world shitholes like China, Iran and Italy with the modern world.
Here's US rates to compare to. If only the same number that get regflu gets wuflu, and the ratios between dead and recovered continue at their current rate, where do you think this is headed?

Screenshot_20200312-133240.png

the_shootist

Trump 2020
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
...aaaand no more NHL hockey for the foreseeable future!!!

https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-coronavirus-status/c-316155530

National Hockey League Commissioner Gary Bettman on Thursday released the following statement regarding the 2019-20 NHL season:
"In light of ongoing developments resulting from the coronavirus, and after consulting with medical experts and convening a conference call of the Board of Governors, the National Hockey League is announcing today that it will pause the 2019 20 season beginning with tonight's games.
"The NHL has been attempting to follow the mandates of health experts and local authorities, while preparing for any possible developments without taking premature or unnecessary measures. However, following last night's news that an NBA player has tested positive for coronavirus -- and given that our leagues share so many facilities and locker rooms and it now seems likely that some member of the NHL community would test positive at some point -- it is no longer appropriate to try to continue to play games at this time.
"We will continue to monitor all the appropriate medical advice, and we will encourage our players and other members of the NHL community to take all reasonable precautions -- including by self-quarantine, where appropriate. Our goal is to resume play as soon as it is appropriate and prudent, so that we will be able to complete the season and award the Stanley Cup. Until then, we thank NHL fans for your patience and hope you stay healthy."

the_shootist

Trump 2020
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
...aaaand MLB is cancelled until further notice!

https://weei.radio.com/blogs/ryan-hannable/mlb-cancels-spring-training-regular-season-delayed

MLB cancels rest of spring training, regular season delayed at least 2 weeks

RYAN HANNABLE
MARCH 12, 2020 - 3:16 PM

CATEGORIES:

Baseball

Major League Baseball has made its decision with how it intends on dealing with coronavirus.

In a press release, the league has canceled the rest of spring training and will delay the start of the regular season by at least two weeks due to the national emergency created by the coronavirus pandemic. The regular season was scheduled to begin on March 26.
Guidence to the teams with how to move forward will be given in the coming days, but as of 4 p.m. all games are canceled.
MLB has been discussing contingincy plans relating to the schedule and "will announce the effects on the schedule at an appropriate time and will remain flexible as events warrant, with the hope of resuming normal operations as soon as possible."

All Trump rallies will now be banned...see what's being done here? No matter as TPTB can't stop the Trump train

oldgaranddad

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Give it a day or two and they will be announcing that Easter is cancelled.

Krag

Planet earth
Platinum Bling

Silver

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
This is the craziest I've ever seen society get, batshit crazy. I was at a natural foods store today and was talking with the owner, who I know pretty well - he's gone batshit crazy. At the beginning of this hysteria, he announced he was reducing hours and limiting what he stocked, but don't worry about empty shelves, we're not closing.

I said I thought all this preparedness would be great for his business, he said things have been very busy but his employees were getting paranoid and unhappy. I said what about you and your wife working the store instead of just managing it, he said hell no, I don't want to be exposed to the public. Anything I said he had a doomsday response. He even said they might close the store, and then said Friday's delivery may be the last - I said well at least you'll have a lot of food stocked up, he said, no, we need to sell it, we need the money. I was worn out at that point.

Au-myn

GOLDBUG
Founding Member
Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
I said I thought all this preparedness would be great for his business, he said things have been very busy but his employees were getting paranoid and unhappy. I said what about you and your wife working the store instead of just managing it, he said hell no, I don't want to be exposed to the public. Anything I said he had a doomsday response. He even said they might close the store, and then said Friday's delivery may be the last - I said well at least you'll have a lot of food stocked up, he said, no, we need to sell it, we need the money. I was worn out at that point.
You don't want to be associated with those kind of people. They have already lost the game before it even started.

Think for yourself.

Area51

Silver Miner
Seeker
Here's US rates to compare to. If only the same number that get regflu gets wuflu, and the ratios between dead and recovered continue at their current rate, where do you think this is headed?

View attachment 157207
Now dig a bit deeper and breakdown who the victims were. Majority were already near-death elderly in a nursing home.

But feel free to continue scaring yourself with this asinine hoax.

Krag

Planet earth
Platinum Bling
In Russia they aren't shutting down all the schools, just monitoring kid's body temperatures. But then again a foot of snow and they don't cancel school there, as in the US.

CDC tested only 77 people this week; coronavirus testing slow around the nation
https://news.yahoo.com/cdc-tested-o...testing-slow-around-the-nation-153646616.html

An Ignored Indicator That Coronavirus Fears Are Valid
Gary North - March 12, 2020​

Harvard has shut down its campus. It has told students not to come back after spring break.
Stanford has also done the same thing. In the West Coast, Stanford is the most prestigious academic institution. It charges just as much tuition as Harvard. We have not heard of any lawsuits from outraged parents against Stanford. We are not going to hear of any.
Rich parents don't get scholarships for their children. These parents are the elite, not just in the United States, but in the world. Their children are being sent home, despite the fact that, this semester, the parents shelled out over $30,000 to send their kids to school for this semester. But they are not screaming bloody murder. Nobody is threatening a lawsuit against Harvard or Stanford for breach of contract. This indicates that the parents are really afraid of the coronavirus. They do not want their children at risk.
These students can take the courses online, Harvard and Stanford say. Amen to that. Students are going to find out that their education is just as good through online instruction as it is in classrooms. Amen to that, too.
If I were the president of a college or university, I would be nervous. I would think this: "If Harvard and Stanford have sent the kids home, relying on online instruction, what happens if some student on my campus dies from the coronavirus this summer, and a lawyer can show that the student was infected on my campus? How would I handle the public relations problem?"
If the coronavirus becomes a severe pandemic by next August, there will be colleges around the country that are not going to invite the kids back. They had better be ready to teach those kids online. If they aren't, they may never get those students back. The students will enroll in colleges that do have online programs.
This prospect is terrifying to most college presidents. It is terrifying because, first, they don't have any kind of online program like this. Second, the public is going to find out just how third-rate the instructors are. The Pareto rule is universal. At least 80% of the professors on a campus are not very good, and 20% of them are abominable. Parents will be able to see this.
In any case, Harvard and Stanford offer litmus tests regarding the mentality of America's elite. The fact that they can send home those students, and the parents don't complain, is indicative that the parents are scared.
They are not going to put their children at risk. The parents of Billy Bob and Jenny Sue, who have sent their kids to Podunk College and Leviathan State University, are not equally scared. But they will be by September if the coronavirus continues to spread.
ACCURATE INFORMATION
I find it amusing that Harvard University's health website last month warned people about getting bad information on the coronavirus. Here is what the site posted:

So, where should you turn for the latest information on a rapidly changing situation? It’s hard to beat the convenience of the internet, and we know there’s a lot of useful and reliable information online. But there’s also a lot of misinformation. The trick is to figure out which is which.​
The implication was clear: You'd better get your information from the Harvard health site. Don't listen to those crackpots out there.
We were reassured, the flu is a much bigger problem.

While news of a novel and deadly virus spreading across the globe may be terrifying, it’s important to recognize that the most threatening virus in this country right now isn’t 2019-nCoV — it’s the flu. According to the CDC, there have already been up to 26 million cases of the flu this season, leading to hundreds of thousands of hospital admissions and up to 25,000 deaths. And this flu season has not been particularly severe.​
One month later, Harvard shuts down. Harvard did not shut down because of its fear of the flu.
I wonder where Harvard's administration is getting their information from. Apparently, the members don't trust the Harvard health site.
CONCLUSION
The media have reported on Harvard and Stanford. This is not front page news, but it is available. Yet I have not seen anyone in the media draw the obvious conclusion, namely, that the parents of the students are part of the world's elite, and these parents have not protested the shutdown of the two campuses. The parents are at least willing to accept this. Some of them may be relieved. They do not want their children at risk. They are persuaded that the campus environment would place their children at risk.
We can say that those parents are naïve. We can argue that the coronavirus really is not a threat to young people. (Are we sure?) But what we should not say is this: the elite believes that the coronavirus threat is nothing but fake news. It is costing these parents a lot of money to send their children away to college, and the colleges have sent their children home.
I think this is a significant factoid that ought to be considered when we assess the potential economic consequences of widespread panic over the coronavirus. This panic is going to spread. I explain why here

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
so we drove to the big city today to get some dirt and run tax errands...

we looked all around on the way into town but did not see much of anything....

we did see a few dead soldiers by the barbwire fence but no corona...

edit: I take that back..there is one empty corona there when I zoomed in a little..

71235939-38BB-4447-A173-7584FA1814FD.jpeg
6B4B89B7-F431-437A-B76F-2A461C0C99E7.jpeg

we looked up and down the highway and no sign of corona....

A452CD2F-9CE0-4A7F-B9FC-B1A5348C6D7A.jpeg
8A87B135-88D8-4E88-A5C5-7BF61E4E3F9C.jpeg

Juristic Person

They drew first blood
Platinum Bling
This is the craziest I've ever seen society get, batshit crazy. I was at a natural foods store today and was talking with the owner, who I know pretty well - he's gone batshit crazy. At the beginning of this hysteria, he announced he was reducing hours and limiting what he stocked, but don't worry about empty shelves, we're not closing.

Yeah because in a doomsday scenario, money isn’t more important than food.

*face meet palm*

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Quick math...

IF...(a big word...if)...60% of the US population contracts the virus...

That is approximately 190 million Americans.

If...(still a big word)...20% of those infected need advanced medical care (think ICU...respirators and all the rest)...

Thats 38 million Americans.

There are about 1 million hospital beds in the US - of which about 75% are filled by folks for the litany of reasons...

38 million Americans competing for about 250K beds (how many of which are equipped with respirators?)

Tell me again about the death rate?

Wash your fucking hands. Dont touch your face. Dont go out in public unless absolutely necessary.

I want ALL you guys to make it through the other side...

ALL of you...

(Even you Fatrat...and Soupbone...and the crew...)

Be safe...
Time to become a mortician.

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
so we drove to the big city today to get some dirt and run tax errands...

we looked all around on the way into town but did not see much of anything....

we did see a few dead soldiers by the barbwire fence but no corona...

edit: I take that back..there is one empty corona there when I zoomed in a little..

View attachment 157259 View attachment 157260

we looked up and down the highway and no sign of corona....

View attachment 157261 View attachment 157262
Punkin center looks as lively as ever. Those are my bottles from years ago.

Nearly artifacts, they are......

I recently got a pallet of happy frog myself. Like ballerina rham says, 'never let a good crisis go to waste.'

Varmint Hunter

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter ++

Krag

Planet earth
Platinum Bling
The wealthy are headed for their safe havens.

They are all crying out for economic stimulus, and they are running scared. I went out to Shop Rite with long lines and many goods sold out; Costco has hoarded goods sold out; same thing with Trader Joes,food staples sold out. Higher priced value added goods are still in stock.

The elites have headed to their safe havens: https://nypost.com/2020/03/12/new-yorks-elite-run-for-the-hamptons-to-avoid-coronavirus/
They will be clamoring for economic relief and stimulus. They have whopping bills to pay and a system of wealth they relied on which is integral to their psychological, physical and economic survival on a month by month basis. They will not permit these crises to continue for months. They want theirs.....They have ,many workers dependent on them for their survival. They are scared too.

I expect massive stimulus bills to be presented and enacted in the coming weeks.

Silver

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
My neighbors wife went on a 'pilgrimage' to Israhell, and the next day they closed the border. No more tourists allowed in.

Voodoo

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter

Krag

Planet earth
Platinum Bling

Krag

Planet earth
Platinum Bling

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Punkin center looks as lively as ever. Those are my bottles from years ago.

Nearly artifacts, they are......

I recently got a pallet of happy frog myself. Like ballerina rham says, 'never let a good crisis go to waste.'
the guy on the corner there did not have one lawnmower on display for sale...sign of the times?...

all the creeks had water in them , Horse Creek , Rush , Little Horse....fingers crossed for a wet spring.

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
I have bought 3 lawn mowers from him over the years. I recon he is getting old, and has that paralyzed kid to care for, if the kid is even still alive.

I got that old man stoned as fuck a few times. He is from denver and has a vending machine and coin op mechanic up there before he retired. And they tractor pull those lawn tractors.

Great bunch of really smart folk.

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
He even said they might close the store, and then said Friday's delivery may be the last - I said well at least you'll have a lot of food stocked up, he said, no, we need to sell it, we need the money. I was worn out at that point.
That's because he likely does not own the food and is on the hook for it.
Ie: JIT delivery on credit.

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I have bought 3 lawn mowers from him over the years. I recon he is getting old, and has that paralyzed kid to care for, if the kid is even still alive.

I got that old man stoned as fuck a few times. He is from denver and has a vending machine and coin op mechanic up there before he retired. And they tractor pull those lawn tractors.

Great bunch of really smart folk.
that is awesome...I always enjoyed checking out what he had up for sale and right now I’m looking for something like a Ford 6n ya know , just a small tractor..the damn John Deere are good but to rich for my cheap arse...

back on topic..Corona Defense...

this is a good source for good elderberry concentrated juice and right now it’s only $20 bucks but I bet it will start going up...

http://www.wyldewoodcellars.com/

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Now dig a bit deeper and breakdown who the victims were. Majority were already near-death elderly in a nursing home.
Doesn't matter who the victims are. The point I was making that you missed is that if the numbers keep growing at the rate they are now, the healthcare system will be overrun with the 15-20% of those infected that require medical intervention to have a chance of surviving.
Ie: try looking at the trend of this exponentially growing problem. Only looking at it from the stand point of what is happening right now today, is the same as burying your head in the sand.

But feel free to continue scaring yourself with this asinine hoax.
I'm not scaring myself. I'm looking at it with open eyes and am capable of seeing the direction this thing is headed. Ie: I'm using deductive reasoning to determine the most probable outcome.

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Yeah, that right there, that's the problem.
How many hospitable beds will be available for these really sick?

BF
Not enough. I read today where hospitals in Italy are already dangerously over capacity, and that's with only a little over 10,000 wuflu patients.

What happens when the healthcare system is swamped and short staffed and people need stiches or other routine medical care?

How many have heart attacks each day and need emergency care? Will they still get treatment in time to have a chance of not dying? Or will slower response times start costing lives?

There are many secondary ramifications to this that go far beyond the willfully naive hype of, "it's no big deal, it only kills old people".

Juristic Person

They drew first blood
Platinum Bling
Not enough. I read today where hospitals in Italy are already dangerously over capacity, and that's with only a little over 10,000 wuflu patients.

What happens when the healthcare system is swamped and short staffed and people need stiches or other routine medical care?

How many have heart attacks each day and need emergency care? Will they still get treatment in time to have a chance of not dying? Or will slower response times start costing lives?

There are many secondary ramifications to this that go far beyond the willfully naive hype of, "it's no big deal, it only kills old people".
I agree. People need to stop going to the hospital for this. Self quarantine and ride it out.