• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Coronavirus Alert, Chris Martenson

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I agree. People need to stop going to the hospital for this. Self quarantine and ride it out.
Yep, but the problem is, how can people know for sure they got it?
Which is why I said they need to develop an at-home test for it. That way people can test themselves and just stay home if positive for it.

Juristic Person

They drew first blood
Platinum Bling
Yep, but the problem is, how can people know for sure they got it?
Which is why I said they need to develop an at-home test for it. That way people can test themselves and just stay home if positive for it.
They won’t know for sure but what difference does it make? Hospitals don’t have enough testing kids anyway and they are just sending people away or hospitalizing them if they are really bad.

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
They won’t know for sure but what difference does it make? Hospitals don’t have enough testing kids anyway and they are just sending people away or hospitalizing them if they are really bad.
They are not keeping all the POSITIVE Test subjects. Only those test subjects with multiple known symptoms.

Avalon

Lawn Protected by Guns Of Avalon
Platinum Bling
I'm a hospital worker. The trend for years has been to down staff for years now. The Hospital relies heavily on Nurse Practitioners. Our NP staff is already doing more patients per day then recommend. Most departments already can't keep up and that is without a pandemic. So far our hospital is running smoothly but then we are primarily a chest pain, stoke center. We are not using any special precautions as we always use universal precautions anyway and are used to working around patients with contagious diseases. The first big problem arising is public schools are shutting down Monday and many staff members wont have day care and will have to call in to stay with kids. The medical system is just as fragile as the economic system. If this turns into a true epidemic the government will have to set up special facilities or the hospitals will quickly break down.

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
FB_IMG_1584109413306.jpg

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling

Area51

Silver Miner
Seeker
FFS, we’re talking about a basic case of the flu here - - not the Ebola virus.

If you get the coronavirus you’ll feel like hammered shit for a few days - - as with any case of the flu - - and then you’ll get over it.

If you’re older than 80yrs and have emphysema or another lung disease or AIDS, there’s a high likelihood of the coronavirus being fatal - - as with any case of the flu.

Hospitals may be “overrun” with hypochondriacs who panic and worry death is imminent - - but there’s not a chance in hell of this latest bullshit being any different than the pig flu or the SARS virus or the Zeka virus.

Area51

Silver Miner
Seeker
Not enough. I read today where hospitals in Italy are already dangerously over capacity, and that's with only a little over 10,000 wuflu patients.

What happens when the healthcare system is swamped and short staffed and people need stiches or other routine medical care?

How many have heart attacks each day and need emergency care? Will they still get treatment in time to have a chance of not dying? Or will slower response times start costing lives?

There are many secondary ramifications to this that go far beyond the willfully naive hype of, "it's no big deal, it only kills old people".

You’re the guy who was shilling hard for shitcoin when it was $10k USD - - your terrible judgement is laughable.

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling

If you get the coronavirus you’ll feel like hammered shit for a few days - - as with any case of the flu - - and then you’ll get over it.

If you’re older than 80yrs and have emphysema or another lung disease or AIDS, there’s a high likelihood of the coronavirus being fatal - - as with any case of the flu.

Hospitals may be “overrun” with hypochondriacs who panic and worry death is imminent - - but there’s not a chance in hell of this latest bullshit being any different than the pig flu or the SARS virus or the Zeka virus.
It is NOT "a FLU" - it's a "COLD" - "coronavirus"...
And there's NEVER been a "CURE" or "VACCINE" for the COLD... Just "care" and "let it run its course".
Only THIS COLD really KILLS... and doesn't show symptoms for DAYS while you're a FACTORY-SIZE PETRI DISH spreading it... with EVERY BREATH

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
You’re the guy who was shilling hard for shitcoin when it was $10k USD - - your terrible judgement is laughable.
All I did was respond to ones like you screaming about how bad bitcoin is. I never told anyone to go all-in on it. There is nothing wrong with bitcoin and nothing wrong with having some of it.
...but people listening to your less than stellar judgement (and others) on it actually cost people money they could have made.

As for this wuflu thing, you got your head in the sand.

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
f you get the coronavirus you’ll feel like hammered shit for a few days - - as with any case of the flu - - and then you’ll get over it
If you hadn't noticed, it's taking a few weeks for people to get over it.

If it were only a few days, the number of those considered to be recovered would be a lot higher.

Out of 1800+ US cases over the past 6 weeks, only 72 have a final disposition.
If your "few days" talk was in any way accurate, that number would be a lot higher than 72.
Put on your thinking cap.

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
I was I a Pandemic Denier, before being a pandemic denier was cool...

Area51

Silver Miner
Seeker
If you hadn't noticed, it's taking a few weeks for people to get over it.

If it were only a few days, the number of those considered to be recovered would be a lot higher.

Out of 1800+ US cases over the past 6 weeks, only 72 have a final disposition.
If your "few days" talk was in any way accurate, that number would be a lot higher than 72.
Put on your thinking cap.

It’s complete overblown horseshit.

But feel free to believe it’s going to wipe out a significant portion of the population - - and in six months when it disappears as a non event, I’ll remind you how foolish you were (again) to be hyping a piece of shit hoax.

BTW, how frightening was the Y2K “catastrophe” for you?

Buck

Village Idiot
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
500 million...

500 million

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
It’s complete overblown horseshit.

But feel free to believe it’s going to wipe out a significant portion of the population - - and in six months when it disappears as a non event, I’ll remind you how foolish you were (again) to be hyping a piece of shit hoax.

BTW, how frightening was the Y2K “catastrophe” for you?
Instead of your strawman argument, why you don't address what I posted about? You said it lasts a couple days. If that bs was correct, the number of recovered would be much higher. Yet it is not.

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame

Oldmansmith

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I'm a hospital worker. The trend for years has been to down staff for years now. The Hospital relies heavily on Nurse Practitioners. Our NP staff is already doing more patients per day then recommend. Most departments already can't keep up and that is without a pandemic. So far our hospital is running smoothly but then we are primarily a chest pain, stoke center. We are not using any special precautions as we always use universal precautions anyway and are used to working around patients with contagious diseases. The first big problem arising is public schools are shutting down Monday and many staff members wont have day care and will have to call in to stay with kids. The medical system is just as fragile as the economic system. If this turns into a true epidemic the government will have to set up special facilities or the hospitals will quickly break down.
Avalon! Where have you been? Baby Old is 8 now, we took Mrs.Old's 87 year old mother out of the retirement community and we are self quarantined with plenty of food. Stay safe.

20200313_182128.jpg

Avalon

Lawn Protected by Guns Of Avalon
Platinum Bling

We had a patient come into the Emerceny Room yesterday because he ate Chinese food and figured he must have the corona virus. You can't make this stuff up
Avalon! Where have you been? Baby Old is 8 now, we took Mrs.Old's 87 year old mother out of the retirement community and we are self quarantined with plenty of food. Stay safe.

View attachment 157379
Oh my goodness.. Look at baby old. She is adorable. I have been lurking from time to time. Its so nice to see familiar faces. I plan on checking in more. Be safe !!!!!

the_shootist

Trump 2020
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
It is NOT "a FLU" - it's a "COLD" - "coronavirus"...
And there's NEVER been a "CURE" or "VACCINE" for the COLD... Just "care" and "let it run its course".
Only THIS COLD really KILLS... and doesn't show symptoms for DAYS while you're a FACTORY-SIZE PETRI DISH spreading it... with EVERY BREATH
How is that different than a cold? Because we're being told it is? I'm not dismissing your point, I'm just trying to think objectively

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
FB_IMG_1584139168623.jpg

Varmint Hunter

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter ++

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
No mask? No problem! Make your own from stuff at hand...
(I'd make it two-ply and add a long paperclip at the middle top of the outer ply at the top to bend over the nose...]

Last edited:

Area51

Silver Miner
Seeker
Instead of your strawman argument, why you don't address what I posted about? You said it lasts a couple days. If that bs was correct, the number of recovered would be much higher. Yet it is not.
If it was actually serious rather than a laughable hoax, there’d be significantly more than 37 people dead out of 1800+ and it wouldn’t take six weeks or more to kill them off.

And the majority of victims wouldn’t be elderly nursing home patients.

Area51

Silver Miner
Seeker
We had a patient come into the Emerceny Room yesterday because he ate Chinese food and figured he must have the corona virus. You can't make this stuff up

Oh my goodness.. Look at baby old. She is adorable. I have been lurking from time to time. Its so nice to see familiar faces. I plan on checking in more. Be safe !!!!!
Thank you for sharing your first hand experience with the hysteria - - maybe it’s just me, but I’ll give that more credence than some government propaganda or media fear mongering.

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame

Varmint Hunter

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter ++
Anyone think there could be anything to this?
beervirus coverup?.jpg

Juristic Person

They drew first blood
Platinum Bling

View attachment 157379
Man, I remember when you announced that you and the Mrs. we’re having a baby. That was 8 years ago? Crazy how time flies....

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
daily update
don't trust the data from China, Iran, US or France (no testing unless at death's door)
trust Italy, South Korea, Taiwan, Singapore, and I hope Germany, Switzerland & Scandinavia

Coronavirus Statistics March 14 2020.jpg

Strawboss

Apocaloptimist
Site Mgr
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
daily update
don't trust the data from China, Iran, US or France (no testing unless at death's door)
trust Italy, South Korea, Taiwan, Singapore, and I hope Germany, Switzerland & Scandinavia

View attachment 157418
Total reported outcomes - 77255
Total deaths reported - 5537

5537 / 77255 = 7.1%

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Total reported outcomes - 77255
Total deaths reported - 5537

5537 / 77255 = 7.1%
Of those tested... (possibly a bunch who got it, stayed home, not tested, and recovered)

the_shootist

Trump 2020
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Of those tested... (possibly a bunch who got it, stayed home, not tested, and recovered)
sounds very similar to the regular flu. If, as most people here seem to acknowledge, relatively few people are actually being tested for this specific virus, how can these mortality number be anywhere close to accurate? The number of deaths may be known but the total number of cases can't be. Do I have this wrong?

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
sounds very similar to the regular flu. If, as most people here seem to acknowledge, relatively few people are actually being tested for this specific virus, how can these mortality number be anywhere close to accurate? The number of deaths may be known but the total number of cases can't be. Do I have this wrong?
We can't rely on the "data" we get, for sure... but it's better than nothing at all...

Anyways, wearing my mask & gloves is protection against regular flu too... I used to mock all the Asian tourists walking around wearing masks. I've changed my mind...

the_shootist

Trump 2020
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
We can't rely on the "data" we get, for sure... but it's better than nothing at all...
I respectfully disagree, bad data is WORSE than no data IMHO. It most always leads to faulty assumptions

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
I respectfully disagree, bad data is WORSE than no data IMHO. It most always leads to faulty assumptions
debatable either way... We FINALLY have pretty good data on the Spanish Flu of 1918... Took a while...