• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Coronavirus Alert, Chris Martenson

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
panic.jpg

SongSungAU

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
MC200328.jpg

SongSungAU

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
She should be charged with threatening a health professional and aiding in murders.

https://www.redstate.com/elizabeth-...droxychloroquine-of-professional-consequences

MI Gov. Bans Hydroxychloroquine; Constituent Who Credits the Drug for Saving His Life Wants to Talk

Posted at 7:00 pm on March 27, 2020 by Elizabeth Vaughn

49f92d5b-175a-43d6-a28b-4b51cee1e75c@news.ap.org.jpg

Wal-Mart pharmacy technician Mark Pool fills a generic anti-inflammatory prescription at a Little Rock, Ark., Wal-Mart Super Center store in a file photo from Oct. 19, 2006. By boosting the power of Democrats in Congress, voters likely set in motion legislative efforts to lower the price of pharmaceuticals and rein in military spending. But with the two parties stalemated in the Senate, where it usually takes 60 votes to pass major legislation, companies such as Merck

The Detroit News’ Kathy Hoekstra reports that Democratic Gov. Gretchen Whitmer’s Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA) has sent a letter to all physicians and pharmacists in the state warning of “professional consequences” if they prescribe or dispense hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine to treat coronavirus patients. Hoekstra writes that “beyond the rational recommendation against hoarding as production of this medication needs to be ramped up, the letter deviates into open threats of “administrative action” against the licenses of doctors that prescribe hydroxychloroquine.” It also orders pharmacists to “ignore physician orders for this medication.”

The letter is couched in terms of wanting to protect the state’s supply of these drugs for those suffering with conditions for which the drug has always been prescribed such as lupus or rheumatoid arthritis. But there is an unmistakably threatening tone to the letter.
It starts by stating that LARA has received “multiple allegations of Michigan physicians inappropriately prescribing” these drugs “without a legitimate medical purpose.” Those infected with coronavirus and their doctors are not criminals. If testing positive for the coronavirus is not a legitimate medical reason to try these drugs, I don’t know what is. They are dealing with a life threatening disease that, through March 26, has already killed 1,209 Americans. (Note: My colleague, Mike Ford, provides updated statistics every night at 11:30.)

And LARA reminds health care providers they are “required to report inappropriate prescribing practices.”
Finally, the letter emphasizes the fact that these drugs “have not been proven scientifically or medically to treat COVID-19.”
(The March 24th letter can be viewed here.)
Considering the fact that no one had ever heard of the coronavirus until January, it’s a given that their efficacy hasn’t been proven scientifically or medically to treat COVID-19. However, so far, many doctors who have prescribed hydroxychloroquine and patients who have taken it have found it to be effective. Several small studies have reached the same conclusion.
On Tuesday, clinical trials of hydroxychloroquine began in New York. “With his state now the nation’s pandemic epicenter, and with the blessing and help of the president and FDA, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo brought in 70,000 doses of hydroxychloroquine, 10,000 doses of Zithromax and 750,000 doses of chloroquine.”
By all means, those who have been taking these medications for long-term conditions should not be denied refills.
But we are currently in the middle of a crisis. The Wall Street Journal published an op-ed written by two physicians who are currently working with coronavirus patients. I posted about this here.
The most important point the doctors make is that we don’t have the luxury of time. There are currently larger studies being conducted, but the results won’t be available for weeks. They explain, “We have a drug with an excellent safety profile but limited clinical outcomes—and no better alternatives until long after this disaster peaks. We can use this treatment to help save lives and prevent others from becoming infected. Or we can wait several weeks and risk discovering we didn’t do everything we could to end this pandemic as quickly as possible.” It will also help contain the spread of the disease.​
For Gov. Whitmer to deny Michigan residents access to one of the only treatments that has shown promise in helping patients with coronavirus is unfair. She’s playing with people’s lives. To treat these patients and their physicians as criminals is unconscionable.
One of her constituents, a Michigan man who became gravely ill after contracting COVID-19 and credits his life to the combination of hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin, would like a word with Gov. Whitmer. Jim Santilli shares the story of his illness and his recovery on Facebook. Below is an excerpt. The full post can be viewed here.
Thank you to everyone for your support and prayers while I was extremely ill and hospitalized due to COVID-19! It truly means the world to me. I am continuing to recover and be treated at home. I’m praying all of you, and your families, remain healthy and safe during this challenging time.
As a COVID-19 survivor who is currently recovering, I believe it is important to share my story publicly so others have hope. The sad reality is Michigan’s Governor, Gretchen Whitmer, is failing the people of the state of Michigan. Rather than leading and making good choices that will help our wonderful people during this horrible COVID-19 situation, she continuously chooses to engage in partisan politics. That must end now.
On March 18th, I had a sudden onset of severe respiratory and cardiac issues. I immediately went to the hospital and they did a COVID-19 test. Despite my test being marked as a priority, I did not receive the test results until the evening of March 22nd. While waiting for the test results in the hospital, my breathing continued to worsen as treatment was received. Without having the COVID-19 test results, the wonderful and hard-working doctors basically have their hands tied as certain medications (i.e. steroids, etc.) can potentially make COVID-19 worse. On the morning of March 21st, I was not doing well and it was a major struggle to breathe. Feeling like I was slowly drowning, I honestly believed I would not live to see midnight. The x-ray that morning also showed my condition was worsening, including some collapsing in the lungs. Luckily, the infectious disease physicians decided to try a non-approved, experimental combination (Hydroxychloroquine and Azithromycin). This is the same treatment President Donald Trump recently mentioned at a press conference and continues to be attacked for. After my first dose, I had a major improvement. My gasping for air stopped, and I was in tears of happiness due to having hope restored. I finally felt I would beat COVID-19 and it was no longer beating me. On March 22nd, I remained about the same. However, March 23rd brought a significant improvement. I continued to recover and was miraculously able to go home on March 24th to continue the treatment.​

arminius

Argentate Bluster
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
If this were a normal world, these moron governors would have the bejeebers sued out of them not just for what they are doing to all business in their states, but for this incredible notion they they are more competent to prescribe or deny medications than physicians.

This is the ultimate abuse of administrative medicine.

But the lawyers who run their own personal for profit court system will try to railroad any such attempt.

SongSungAU

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score

SongSungAU

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score

Varmint Hunter

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score

dacrunch

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
Edit = returning Scorpio's precious bandwidth

Last edited:

the_shootist

I identify as fully vaccinated so I'm good!
Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score

SongSungAU

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Protecting Your Family From COVID-19 by Dr. David Price (57 min 06 sec):

Published on Mar 27, 2020 by RageIt​
That's a good talk. He reaffirmed some things I had heard previously:

• wearing masks isn't to keep the virus out, it mainly reminds you not to touch your face.
  • if you don't have problems breathing, you don't need to go to the hospital or get tested. If you have shortness of breath, go to the hospital.
  • not to take ibuprofen, use acetaminophen (Tylenol) instead.
  • mostly affecting males.

Something I hadn't heard before, he said this virus is a wimp and easily killed [on your skin, etc.] with a drop or two of Purell. Someone had asked about hands drying out due to washing hands so much. He said you don't have to wash your hands a hundred times a day, using hand sanitizer is enough.

Last edited:

dacrunch

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
Edit = returning Scorpio's precious bandwidth

Last edited:

SongSungAU

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
I shut it off when he stated "I know that I won't get this disease.".... Sounds like "famous last words" to me...

You shut it off too soon. It got better. You missed a good talk.
You can turn the speed up to 1.5 or so and then it won't take as long to listen to it.
Or not. To each their own.

Here's an almost verbatim transcript of what turned you off. In less than ten minutes, you made a judgement on this:

At approximately the 7:25 mark he says,
"The way that you get this is the transmission of the virus almost exclusively from your hands to your face. From your hands to your face so it's either into your eyes, into your nose, or into your mouth. So there's a lot of talk about contact or getting it through contact, hand to face, there's also a small thought it can be aerosolized, that it can exist a little bit in the air, the thought at this point is you actually have to have very long, sustained contact with someone, and I'm talking about over 15 to 30 minutes in an unprotected environment, meaning you're in a very enclosed room without any type of mask, for you to get it that way.​
But to very simply state it, the overwhelming majority of people are getting this by physically touching someone who has this disease or will develop it in the next one to two days, and then touching their face.​
And so that actually, I think, is incredibly empowering. ... The thing that makes me smile a little bit is I actually know now that I won't get this disease because I know how to protect myself. So I just want to give you guys a few very practical tips on how to protect yourselves...."​
So a doctor who is dealing with nothing but coronavirus cases every day tries to give people some tips on how to protect themselves and you stop listening to him because he says one line about he knows he won't get the virus. But you don't bother to quote the reason why he said that. He said, "... because I know how to protect myself." Could he mess up and accidentally touch his face one day? Sure. Should you ignore what he has to say just because he perhaps could have stated things differently? I don't think so. I think you just missed out on one very informational talk and that is unfortunate.

Last edited:

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score

Varmint Hunter

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score

Bottom Feeder

Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
asymmetrical warfare:

Washington — The captain of the aircraft carrier USS Theodore Roosevelt sent an urgent memo to the Navy on Monday asking for help in addressing the spread of the corona virus among his ship's crew.

In a four-page unaddressed letter, Captain Brett Crozier suggested most of the 4,000 crew members should be removed from the ship and put into 14-day individual quarantines, in keeping with the CDC's recommended guidelines for preventing infection. Ten percent would stay onboard to sanitize the carrier and run the reactor, which he called a "necessary risk." In peacetime, he argued it was the right thing to do.

Crozier said that of the 33 sailors first diagnosed with COVID-19, seven tested negative, but within three days were showing symptoms of infection. Those sailors, he pointed out, would end up infecting other sailors because they were reintegrated into group quarantine sites after initially testing negative.

A defense official told CBS News that the number of people on the Roosevelt who had tested positive for the corona virus was "in the high 70s" as of Tuesday morning, a figure that has likely increased. The carrier is currently docked in Guam.

oops..
Linky Thingy

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Protecting Your Family From COVID-19 by Dr. David Price (57 min 06 sec):

Published on Mar 27, 2020 by RageIt​
That's a good talk. He reaffirmed some things I had heard previously:

• wearing masks isn't to keep the virus out, it mainly reminds you not to touch your face.
  • if you don't have problems breathing, you don't need to go to the hospital or get tested. If you have shortness of breath, go to the hospital.
  • not to take ibuprofen, use acetaminophen (Tylenol) instead.
  • mostly affecting males.

Something I hadn't heard before, he said this virus is a wimp and easily killed [on your skin, etc.] with a drop or two of Purell. Someone had asked about hands drying out due to washing hands so much. He said you don't have to wash your hands a hundred times a day, using hand sanitizer is enough.
I didn't watch video because I have trouble hearing. I understand that it's really bad to touch your face. Is it alright to do if you haven't been around other people for a certain amount of time after you have disinfected your hands?

SongSungAU

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
In my understanding of what was said, if you have disinfected your hands, you can touch your face. It's not safe to touch your face if you have touched something that someone who is infected could have touched prior to you touching it (ie outside your house, like a grocery cart at the grocery store). Disinfect your hands before you touch your face (eyes, nose, mouth).

If you are the only person in your house/apartment, then you can touch your face all you want while you are at home. It's only after you have touched something "in the wild" that you shouldn't touch your face until after you have disinfected your hands.

If I stated that incorrectly, please, someone correct me.

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
In my understanding of what was said, if you have disinfected your hands, you can touch your face. It's not safe to touch your face if you have touched something that someone who is infected could have touched prior to you touching it (ie outside your house, like a grocery cart at the grocery store). Disinfect your hands before you touch your face (eyes, nose, mouth).

If you are the only person in your house/apartment, then you can touch your face all you want while you are at home. It's only after you have touched something "in the wild" that you shouldn't touch your face until after you have disinfected your hands.

If I stated that incorrectly, please, someone correct me.
I couldn't see how it would be any other way. Just needed to get that out to look at it.
I have been getting conflicting stories of how long the virus hangs around on its own.

SongSungAU

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
I see people using the wipes at the grocery store before they enter the store with their cart.

Then they touch an untold number of things inside the store.

It would make more sense to use those wipes upon leaving the store.

SongSungAU

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Of all the stupid shit I've done in my life and survived, if I die because I touched my face, I'm gonna be pissed!
BF
It's not the touching your face part, it's the "what you touched before you touched your face" [eyes, nose, mouth].
:-)

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
I see people using the wipes at the grocery store before they enter the store with their cart.

I made my own wipes using a pouch of make up remover wipes that come in a resealable pouch and added some rubbing alcohol. Luckily my wife asked me to get some rubbing alcohol just before it all disappeared from the shelves to not return as of yet. Keep them in my car. I'll take one out and put it in my pocket as I enter a store then wipe my hands upon leaving and before opening car door. I don't go to stores too often lately but do keep my hands in my pockets and only touch what I am going to purchase.
Picked up a prescription tonight. Store was quiet. The customer in front of me didn't sound too well. When he turned away from the pharmacy window he told me not to touch anything. Poor guy wasn't doing too good but some people have no one else to care for them.

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
They must have some good IT people at King County gov, cause they've put together a pretty nice report page.
Have a look
KingCountyCov-19
BF
The only thing missing is race which is what my senator who is no longer a democratic presidential nominee for POTUS and a rep want to include.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score

We just went to Publix. They have workers assigned solely to sterilize the carts and baskets after they are used. These are placed in an area labeled, "Disinfected, OK To Use". We noticed the stock personnel all wore gloves, too. This ain't perfect, but it is light-years ahead of what you would find in a bodega in San Fran Nan's Haight-Ashbury shit-hole section of Paradise on the Coast, where they take dumps in the corn fritter aisle.

We both wore exam gloves. Herself drove, so when we left Publix, she removed her gloves (turning them inside out) before touching the door handles and the steering wheel while I kept mine on. When we got home, I carried in all the packages, touching only the recycle-bags by the loop-grips.

Herself emptied the contents of the bags without touching them (I held them open). Then I put the bags in our "bad shit" can outside that has disinfectant in it, and dropped my gloves and hers in, too.

That is our agreed-on level of cautionary care. I dunno what else we could do to improve the procedure.

Last edited:

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
GF and me did the same thing yesterday Walt...even though we have Zero cases in our county

the country store had everything we wanted

they were out of toilet paper and sanitizer and hand wipes , plenty of everything else

the stuff the store does not have , we will order off Amazon , we are buying some seasonal fruit and veggies and some dry goods delivered right to our front door...we have ordered lemons off Amazon in the past and the lemons were awesome

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
We just went to Publix. They have workers assigned solely to sterilize the carts and baskets after they are used. These are placed in an area labeled, "Disinfected, OK To Use".

We both wore exam gloves. Herself drove, so when we left Publix, she removed her gloves (turning them inside out) before touching the door handles and the steering wheel while I kept mine on. When we got home, I carried in all the packages, touching only the recycle-bags by the loop-grips.

Herself emptied the contents of the bags without touching them (I held them open). Then I put the bags in our "bad shit" can outside that has disinfectant in it, and dropped my gloves and hers in, too.

That is our agreed-on level of cautionary care. I dunno what else we could do to improve the procedure.
Sounds like a good plan. I've heard of a routine to put all contents brought in one side of a table, disinfect contents and place on a pre-disinfected side. When done, disinfect side that contents were placed on.

the_shootist

I identify as fully vaccinated so I'm good!
Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
We just went to Publix. They have workers assigned solely to sterilize the carts and baskets after they are used. These are placed in an area labeled, "Disinfected, OK To Use". We noticed the stock personnel all wore gloves, too. This ain't perfect, but it is light-years ahead of what you would find in a bodega in San Fran Nan's Haight-Ashbury shit-hole section of Paradise on the Coast, where they take dumps in the corn fritter aisle.

The markets in our area have been doing this for the past two weeks or so. It's good hygiene practice for sure. The wife has been disinfecting every item brought home from the market since this whole quarantine thing started too. She's always been some what of a germaphobe so upping the ante wasn't much of a leap for her

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
NOTE TO EVERYONE HERE!!!

I am going to pass on a flat-out statement Scooter has given us... And I will not discuss the "why" (for reasons you can dope out yourself):

Do not run out and get tested. Do not go out and get tested. Do not... get the idea?

Now... if you are dry-coughing, feel like Death taking a shit, have a temperature... by all means, go get tested.

Please, guys... lissen to your Unca. I have connections.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Sounds like a good plan. I've heard of a routine to put all contents brought in one side of a table, disinfect contents and place on a pre-disinfected side. When done, disinfect side that contents were placed on.

Not bad, not bad. But I would most ricky-tick put that table in the fargin garage... or even the front lawn.

Bottom Feeder

Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
Came across this today; charts, charts & moar charts —
NPR

Data released Tuesday by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention shows that COVID-19 patients with underlying health issues in the United States are more likely to need treatment in a hospital — or even in an intensive care unit. They are also at higher risk of dying, according to earlier epidemiological data from both China and the U.S.

just one sample -
Capture.JPG
BF