• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Covid quick reference guide

Scorpio

Разыскиваются украинские блондинки
Founding Member
Board Elder
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Hey guys,

A request came in for a covid quick reference guide,

We have members here who have been thru it, and others who have researched it extensively

If we could use this thread for facts and experiences, and not cut and paste or discussions, that would be great.
Let's use the other threads we have already for the discussions and rabbit holes.

So for those that feel like contributing, lets do it here

We will sticky it and keep it up here for awhile

Scorpio

Founding Member
Board Elder
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
As stated, know a guy going thru it now

Started as a quick stint into the hospital, tested positive, spent a couple of days, then sent home
After a few days, right back in much worse off. 36 days later released again.

O2 levels had dropped into the mid 80's and they had a heckuva time bringing them back up to release him.
Ended up with lung issues, and on O2 the whole time there,
not a respirator, but mask dropping 02 on him the whole time,
finally got him to a point where they thought they could ship him home and did so

3 days later, back to the hospital with a racing heart, about 140-145 per min.

Tried all manner of meds to knock it down, none worked.
Finally decided that the problem was scarring in the lungs, and the only thing fixing that was time and luck.

Sending him home with 02 bottles and major sit down and behave instructions.

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
I had it in March

Started out like the flu for 5 days and then it just kept on going.

I'd feel fine in the morning for an hour and then back to bed to rest for an hour. Repeat.

Lasted 3 weeks! I tried Alka-Seltzer PM (my usual go to) and it ameliorated symptoms but it didn't go away.

Lost sense of taste and smell for about 4 days? Finally returned.

I got an O2 sensor - because that's what they said to monitor because it attacks the lungs. When it hit 79 I checked into the ER.

Stayed over for 2 nights because it eventually turns into lung issues, i.e., walking pneumonia.

Sent me home with a bottle of O2 after lungs cleared up. Used that off and on for about 3 weeks as well.

Lost 10lbs (muscle density - still haven't gained it back). Probably from lying in bed for so long - it atrophies quickly.

Historically, pneumonia is what kills people which is why it's said that "Pneumonia is an old man's friend."...

Took at least til July for me to get back to breathing normally and getting out and about.

viking

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
Was on one of the last flights out of China in winter 2020. I think I may have gotten it, slight sore throat, low-grade fever, cough, headache and fatigue. Lasted only 1 1/2 days.

Then, end of October this year, an outbreak where I was at. I tested positive from two different types of tests. Other guys were getting sick, I never felt anything. I was taking ~14 different vitamins and supplements daily before the outbreak.

Last edited:

Bob J

Reaction score
As stated, know a guy going thru it now

Started as a quick stint into the hospital, tested positive, spent a couple of days, then sent home
After a few days, right back in much worse off. 36 days later released again.

O2 levels had dropped into the mid 80's and they had a heckuva time bringing them back up to release him.
Ended up with lung issues, and on O2 the whole time there,
not a respirator, but mask dropping 02 on him the whole time,
finally got him to a point where they thought they could ship him home and did so

3 days later, back to the hospital with a racing heart, about 140-145 per min.

Tried all manner of meds to knock it down, none worked.
Finally decided that the problem was scarring in the lungs, and the only thing fixing that was time and luck.

Sending him home with 02 bottles and major sit down and behave instructions.
Was he vaccinated?

Scorpio

Founding Member
Board Elder
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
no, and with pre-existing ailments

earplugs

Gold Chaser
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Benedryl to prevent cytokine storm. Tylenol for aches and soreness. If he requires oxygen, give ivermectin but that requires prescription and a friendly doc. Call america frontline doctors if his family doc won’t do it. Worse comes to worse, use the horse paste. Also z-pack for secondary bacterial pneumonia, but some times docs won’t do it cuz “it’s viral”. Find another who will prescribe it. DO NOT JUST SEND HIM HOME AND WAIT TILL HE IS BLUE (unless you dgaf like in-laws). Also if he has lung damage give him vitamin c, as much as he can tolerate. I drink it has a lemonade. Mix 5g of vitamin c into a lemonade and drink it in a few days as tolerated.. Sadly the healthcare system has been captured. The organ harvesting stories are brutal. If you haven’t already, time to get out of Babylon. All Imho.

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
me and gf got it first week of November

low grade fevers , nausea , major headache , very weak no strength , coughing up a lot of phlegm , difficulty breathing

after 5 days of vomiting everything I looked at and cluster migraines , I went to ER for monoclonal antibody treatment on an IV drip with some added magnesium for headaches and oxygen and anti nausea meds

went home 5 hrs later and symptoms continued to a lesser degree for the next 2 weeks and as of today my smell and taste has barely returned , maybe 20%

still coughing and blowing my nose , especially in the morning , a lot of phlegm

most important thing I got out of this was the nausea meds…..I suggest getting them early because what’s the use of taking all the protocol meds when they get vomited up?

gf took longer to recover and never went to see a doc , I thought I was going to lose her a few times as she could not hold down anything , water , jello , nothing for about 5 days…I could hardly get her to sip on chicken broth

I am 70 and gf is 68 with no comorbidities , we are in pretty good shape , or we used to be because I still fell like I have not recovered 100%

we both were real religious about taking ivermectin , quinine , vit c , vit d/K2 , quercetin , zinc , NAC EVERY DAY for the last 4-6 months prior to getting sick

lesson learned from that was our prophylaxis did NOT work as a preventative and when we got sick , we were so sick that we could not hold down an aspirin let alone all the other supplements

lesson learned , stock up on anti nausea meds

Scorpio

Founding Member
Board Elder
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
spinal,

that is what I have seen with those who have had it, and the number grows that I have seen

saw it prior to the official 'release' in early '20, late '19
that it kicked the guys butts big time, more so than a normal 'flu'

this continued thru the rest that I have seen since,
all of them that ended up with it had greater than normal 'flu' symptoms and reactions to it
the vomiting was more severe, the aches were far greater, etc.

and that included the younger persons I know who have had it,
and they are not people with all manner of pre-existing health problems

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
spinal,

that is what I have seen with those who have had it, and the number grows that I have seen

saw it prior to the official 'release' in early '20, late '19
that it kicked the guys butts big time, more so than a normal 'flu'

this continued thru the rest that I have seen since,
all of them that ended up with it had greater than normal 'flu' symptoms and reactions to it
the vomiting was more severe, the aches were far greater, etc.

and that included the younger persons I know who have had it,
and they are not people with all manner of pre-existing health problems

it is my belief that this virus will especially attack any weak points in our health

in my case it was the migraines , it feels to me like this virus attacked my susceptibility to migraines with a vengeance

like I said , after 5 days of migraines and the rest of the symptoms , I went to the ER

in my gf’s case it was her stomach problems , specifically celiac disease , the poor woman could not hold a thing down and the accompanying diarrhea and vomiting made for a miserable combination

one last thing that I will add is that smoking a joint gave us both more relief from our symptoms than anything else we tried

tradeshack

Seeker
Seeker
Reaction score
Covid quick reference:

PREVENTION & TREATMENT PROTOCOLS FOR COVID-19

Provided by:

FRONT LINE COVID-19 CRITICAL CARE ALLIANCE (FLCCC)

((( 3-page download Attached )))

Attachments

• FLCCC-Alliance-I-MASKplus-Protocol-ENGLISH.pdf
    300.4 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

BackwardsEngineeer

Total curmudgeon
Survivor
Midas Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
OK, Honestly believe I got the vid in Costa Rica in August 2019.... I know, I know when they state it started but spent 5 days in the bed sweating with 104 fever, no taste no sell, transitioned to Manuel Antonio and was bed dead for two more weeks....

Second round, coming back form CR in January 2020, I started first immediately after landing, got zofluza, mrs BE three days behind, isn't love great! This was just before official tests, again no taste no smell, three week recovery horrible worse than flu experience.

Mrs BE rolled into round three Dec 2020, she held up in the bed as we were beachfront waiting for our new place to get done. She tested positive, no taste, took her three weeks out of the bed but wasn't right for at least a couple of months.....

Time may prove out the who and why's of who gets it and how bad. currently lots of bad flu like cases here but little to no deep hospital, ventilator type stays according to dr. daughter who inpatients at musc.....

edit to add: we got antibody tested last Aug and still had antibodies active

Last edited:

chrisflhtc

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
My wife and boys and I flew down to Fla. For Christmas on the 22nd . The plane was full masks were required. On Christmas eave my youngest 19 was not feeling well he had a fever and was miserable body ache and all congested. We sent him back to bed and when he woke up I started him on the Ziverado pack I had bought along for that very reason. Myself my wife and older son 22 were also feeling a little off as well. All of them were vaxxed me not. We were staying at my Fil’s house with his son and wife, all vaxxed. By the end of Christmas day we four could tell we were sick I started my Z kit since I was starting to feel feverish we also started Benadryl and continued for the next 3 days. Both my wife and older son refused the Zkit. They “didn’t need it” they didn’t have the sick! Wife was hacking up a lung all our throats hurt and we all kind of were out of it for the entire day. By the second day my youngest was starting to feel better and I also felt like I had turned a corner. Still not good but better. We had been to church on Christmas eve and dinner earlier no masks were required at either place. As my younger and myself were getting better the other two were getting worse still refusing the Zkit. We also during that time went to Disney where they required masks indoors, we had dinner at City works and went home. All that evening my wife and older son were feeling like crap as well as the plane ride home. A day later my older suddenly lost his smell and taste Still wanted no pills. Wife was still feeling bad she said why did you make me and Frank take the pills I just looked at her and said I can only lead you water can’t force you to drink. Yesterday I started her on quritcin HCQ and zinc she complained about the taste but took it lets see if she continues. Yesterday we found that her dad and his wife tested positive (Both double vaxxed) We never got tested because there was no reason, we had it. I have been taking most of the supplements that we all know about and I had been doing my weekly dose of IVM and all the other good stuff. I feel that I got off the lightest with minimal symptoms however still think that the Zkit helped I am pretty much back at 100% along with my youngest My oldest and wife still feel like hell. I will add to this if needed. I have also just started blood pressure meds. While there I checked my pressure and it was 179/101 so I figured it was time to do something.

Chris

yellowsky

Survivor
Seeker
Reaction score
October of 2020, I started getting the sniffles etc just like an ordinary cold and it was like this for a couple of days or so. At that time I never thought anything of it but then suddenly one day I couldn't taste or smell anything AT ALL. I've heard some other people say that this is possible with just a cold or flu, but for me it had never happened in all my life so that's when I took notice and assumed it must be covid.

Another weird thing I noticed around that time: my feet swelled up so bad it was painful to keep my shoes on.

But actually I didn't take it too seriously even after that. Never tested, never saw a doctor, nor did I take any treatments. I just did my best to stay away from people, get some rest, and wait it out like any other cold. I had already been (and still to this day so far) working 100% from home ever since the hysteria began, so that was never an issue and I didn't have to tell them.

The loss of taste/smell hit me very hard though and only came back very slooooowly, with many scents and flavors also being distorted for a long time when they began to return. Even now, over a year later, I'd say they are "only" back to about 95% but still slowly improving so it doesn't worry me. I've heard recently that people who struggle with this part of it may be low in zinc and I plan on getting that checked out soon.

So yeah, overall it was nothing too devastating and I have no worries of re-infection since I still haven't taken the immunity-destroying clotshot. There were a couple of times since then where I've gotten sick, but neither one was as bad and they didn't affect my senses in anywhere near the same way so it looks like there just might be something to this whole crazy "natural immunity" deal. ;)

Last edited:

Agavegirl1

Gold Chaser
Survivor
Midas Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Hubby and I had the virus in November 2020. Neither of us is vaxxed and neither has had so much as a sniffle since.

Parents were double vaxed and caught what is presumed to be Delta in October 2021. Step Dad was in ICU for weeks followed by a stay in a Nursing Home. He is still on Oxygen. Mom recovered in about 3 weeks at home.

Aunt and Cousin were both hospitalized after staying home and not seeking medical attention in December. Both ended up going to the ICU via ambulance. Neither were vaxxed or previously infected. They appeared to have the Delta Variant. They are very devout Mormons and believe in faith and prayer over actual medications or doctors.

Brother #1 had Covid back in November 2020 when I did. They were not vaxxed. They recovered at home and subsequently have been double (triple?) jabbed.

Brother #2 had symptoms and tested positive the day before Christmas 2021. He is just getting out of quarantine. He was triple vaxxed. Omicron is suspected here.

Brother #3 had symptoms and tested positive on Christmas Day 2021. He was double vaxxed because after the second jab, he had a clot go to his heart and needed emergency surgery. He is also out of quarantine and Omicron is probably the variant here too.

Brother #4 had Covid in August of 2021. He was double vaxxed and has since been boosted. He recovered at home.

Sister has not mentioned whether she ever had the virus but is triple jabbed and pushing jabs and testing on everyone. She is a Nurse Manager so has likely been exposed a lot.

So out of my parents and siblings, we have now all had the virus with the possible exception of my sister the nurse.

My kids and I do not talk about vax status or infections. I have no idea. We avoid political and controversial topics. Well, except the Californian, she is triple vaxxed along with her husband and lamenting the fact my Grandson isn't old enough to get it.

Scorpio

Founding Member
Board Elder
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
it is my belief that this virus will especially attack any weak points in our health

I find that statement interesting as heck,

as if there are any weaknesses, it exploits them,
maybe madhu or Av could tell us if this is common when contracting some illness or other, or if it is somewhat unique to this one

Thecrensh

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Unvaxxed...never knowingly had it, but have been around a number of symptomatic people with it. Have had some aches/pains/congestion here and there, currently have sore throat and sniffles. Zero antibodies as of Summer...but I took the cheap test at CVS.

Avalon

The most courageous act is to think for yourself
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
I find that statement interesting as heck,

as if there are any weaknesses, it exploits them,
I think the reason covid attacks the weakest part of your body is related to inflammation. It makes sense that if a body part has been injured or compromised that any inflammation will make it flair. Covid and the vaccine both send that spike protein out through your body. We know that spike proteins job is to cause inflammation all over the body. . The first part of your body to respond will be a part that tends to inflame anyway. All the covids in my family have been taking turmeric for inflammation. We have the post covid son-in-law on a lot of supplements including turmeric and NAC and he is responding well. The more I read the more I'm convinced people who take the vaccine need to use the covid protocol too. I think a lot of damage could be avoided in the vaxxed if the vaccine and virus were both treated with the protocol.

WQFTruckster

Jolliest asshole this side of the nuthouse
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
Wife and I had it August 2021. Suspected "Delta" variant as that was during the peak of it here. I believe we got it from our young children who most likely picked it up at daycare. The kids had no worse than a snotty nose for a few days. I was sick enough to stay in bed for about 48 hours, lost sense of smell for a week or so. After 2 days I was feeling a little better. After 2 weeks I was probably 80% recovered but still had a lot of congestion. Full recovery took a month or two to get back to feeling as good as I was pre-illness.

My wife had it harder. She didn't get out of bed for anything besides the bathroom for about 8 days. 102-103 degree fever most of that time. She had zero energy and some breathing issues. Smell was gone for almost 2 weeks as I recall. We were monitoring her O2 with a pulse oximeter. She was averaging in the low 90s with some dips into the upper 80s. Finally took her to the ER after a week. They checked out her lungs and said they were OK and her O2 was good enough they didn't want to put her on oxygen so they sent her home. She was offered monoclonal antibody treatment, but she declined it as it was very new at the time and the docs didn't offer much information about it. Luckily she started feeling a little better that evening. Her recovery was pretty slow and took a couple of months. She also started losing large amounts of hair which peaked about 3 months post illness. Apparently this is a common thing. Odd breathing issues (almost like spasms) continued for several weeks afterwards. It took a couple of months to get aerobic levels back. Hair loss has now returned to normal, but will probably take a couple of years to regrow what she lost. Aside from that she has fully recovered as far as we can tell.

None of us were or are currently vaccinated. My employer required me to take a covid test before I returned to work. I got a positive on the rapid nose swab test about 5 days after first symptoms. My wife then tested at the same location later that day and the same rapid test showed negative (even though she had worse symptoms than I did at that point) They then did the "PCR" test on her and results came back positive the next day. We were both out of work for a couple of weeks.

We both took the following while we were sick:

Several rounds of Ivermectin horse paste. When we ran out of that, my wife took a few doses of the "injectable" liquid orally
Vitamin C 1000mg/day
Vitamin D 5000iu/day
Multivitamin
B Complex
NAC
Quercetin
Zinc 30mg/day plus some in the multi
Magnesium
Fish oil
Wife was taking tylenol regularly to try to keep the fever in check. In hindsight this was probably a bad idea, but at the time they were saying to take tylenol and not ibupofin. I've seen information since then that contradicts that advice. Knowing what I know now, I would add benedryl, ibuprofin, and melatonin, along with nasal spray, neti pot flushes and frequent listerine mouthwash to the above if I had to do it again.

Long story short, it sucked bad, but we survived. Hope to never experience that again, but no way in hell I'm taking that "vaccine".

Avalon

Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Both my daughters , their husbands and my granddaughter came down with it recently. My 11 yr old granddaughter was asymptomatic. Both daughters and one son-in-law had various cold systems. One lost their smell, one had their eyes turn bright red and one has a nagging cough. All were on the ivermectin protocol early plus added herbs. I will add that all use supplemental vitamin D and have for over a year. All seem to be resolving without much sickness lingering.

My other son-in-law was not so lucky. Looking back at all the things that went wrong I realize he most likely had pneumonia from the third day . He thought he had a cold and did not start ivermectin till day three. He also had a lot of vomiting and getting and keeping the protocol supplements in him was challenging. His 02 meter was running low but he said he was getting better. That is where we really screwed up. By the 7th day he went really bad. His 02 dropped to 85 and he could hardly walk. He was admitted to the hospital on day 7. It got scary then because even on 6 litters of 02 it took 12 hours to get him up to 93. His labs showed the very first stages of his blood thickening so they gave blood thinners to avoid clots. He had viral pneumonia in both lungs. He was slow to respond to treatment so they did a CT on heart and lungs and they were ok. His liver enzymes were horrible. They gave steroids to protect his lungs and organs from the spike protein. Also no IV fluids were given and a diuretic to keep the dreaded fluid buildup from happening. They did a sputum culture and there was no sign of bacterial pneumonia. It was all classic viral covid.

He stayed at the hospital 5 days. He came home on steroids but quickly was able to taper off and didn't need supplemental oxygen after a couple days. He is doing really well. He went for a follow up to his primary on Monday. He requested they draw his vitamin D levels. It had not been done in the hospital. His levels were at 11. The range is 30-100. His liver enzymes are still really elevated. That is typical with covid. So looking back we did some things right and some things wrong. He should have started ivermectin right away and not have waited till he was really sick. We should have respected the reading on the oxygen meter much better and ignored him when he said he was getting better. We waited too late for intervention. The things that might have helped? Hopefully the ivermectin and the rest of the protocol helped him not get worse. I feel like the aspirin may have helped as he was just in the first stages of his blood thickening. I know the vitamin D, NAC and melatonin had to have helped. I'm sure his D was very low going into covid and that was a factor in how sick he got, In addition to that we know covid strips D, glutathione and melatonin from your body and levels can go lethal.

My son-in-law is now taking all the supplements he refused to take before. Large doses of D, multi vitamin, NAC and minerals, turmeric , probiotic and milk thistle to clean his liver out. As of now he says he will not vaccinate. He wants to draw labs in 2 months and see how his immunity is running. I also have to add that my daughter and son-in-law both hesitated to get medical help because they feared they would be treated poorly because of vaccine status. Also my daughter was afraid they would not let her see her husband. She had visions of him going into the hospital and never coming out. None of that happened. The staff was very kind and the vaccine never mentioned until discharge when the Doctor mentioned he might want to consider it. He had two caretakers tell him they would not have vaccinated unless forced. He was allowed one visitor and she was able to see him daily. I was also pleased that from a medical stand point they are treating covid with a lot more knowledge than the early days. There was a valid reason for everything they did. Still the vitamin D was not drawn or acknowledged in this so we have to take care of that ourselves. All in all is was a horrible experience and I hope no one here goes through it :( If so learn from my mistakes and do not wait until your half dead to go to the ER.

Rusty Shackelford

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Co-worker's mom just passed. Mid-50s. Tested positive and was in hospital 3 days later on immediate intebation. Was going through the whole prone process (belly to back repeat). O2 levels started gettong better and they began reducing the vent assistance. Then they tried to wake her up to start a weening test to see if she could come off vent and immediately went sideways. Lungs became rigid and scarred and would no longer expand. O2 sats would not recover..she passed on January 4th...she went in into the hospital on December 21st I think. Entire house hold caught it, but everyone else was pretty mild.

Oldmansmith

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
My buddy in Arizona is finally doing somewhat better. Once he got really bad, they finally put him on monoclonial antibodies. Still not doing great, but they've cut his oxygen from 14 to 7 liters.

Rusty Shackelford

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Wifey had it Christmas 2020. She struggled through rough cold symptoms for a week and just stayed in bed taking OTC stuff...pulse ox was never under 92....but she STRUGGLED....could not pass the protocols to return to work..was off 5 weeks I believe. I tried to get her to see a PCP to start some type of treatment, but she is a nurse and they all catch nursitis at some point. Skip to week four and employer had her see a Dr who put her on a couple different inhalers (one was a stout steroid, the other i cant recall). With in 2 days she was back to her old self...still gets short of breath now and then though....I still believe lack of early action and treatment is a huge problem.

Avalon

Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
My buddy in Arizona is finally doing somewhat better. Once he got really bad, they finally put him on monoclonial antibodies. Still not doing great, but they've cut his oxygen from 14 to 7 liters.
14 liters :oops: Poor guy. I assume he on a similar hospital protocol as my son-in-law. He had to have covid pneumonia. Hopefully he will quickly respond now that they are cutting back. My soninlaw went from 6 liters to no oxygen in 3 days.

Usury

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
me and gf got it first week of November

low grade fevers , nausea , major headache , very weak no strength , coughing up a lot of phlegm , difficulty breathing

after 5 days of vomiting everything I looked at and cluster migraines , I went to ER for monoclonal antibody treatment on an IV drip with some added magnesium for headaches and oxygen and anti nausea meds

went home 5 hrs later and symptoms continued to a lesser degree for the next 2 weeks and as of today my smell and taste has barely returned , maybe 20%

still coughing and blowing my nose , especially in the morning , a lot of phlegm

most important thing I got out of this was the nausea meds…..I suggest getting them early because what’s the use of taking all the protocol meds when they get vomited up?

gf took longer to recover and never went to see a doc , I thought I was going to lose her a few times as she could not hold down anything , water , jello , nothing for about 5 days…I could hardly get her to sip on chicken broth

I am 70 and gf is 68 with no comorbidities , we are in pretty good shape , or we used to be because I still fell like I have not recovered 100%

we both were real religious about taking ivermectin , quinine , vit c , vit d/K2 , quercetin , zinc , NAC EVERY DAY for the last 4-6 months prior to getting sick

lesson learned from that was our prophylaxis did NOT work as a preventative and when we got sick , we were so sick that we could not hold down an aspirin let alone all the other supplements

lesson learned , stock up on anti nausea meds
Ginger is an excellent treatment for nausea

arminius

Argentate Bluster
Eagle
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

viking

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score

Pyramid

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score
The peeps I know that had covid in winter/spring/summer of 2020 had most/all of the symptoms detailed above, a few days of pretty severe discomfort with lingering after effects.

I don't know anyone who had the "delta" strain, if it even exists.

The peeps I know that have the "omicron" strain are saying it's flu-like symptoms, and that they are good to go in 2-3 days without treatment...both jabbed and unvaxxed.

Not making light of the situation, as many peeps have suffered and died due to complications related to covid. My condolences for any loss you have experienced.

My questions are:
1) If omicron is a more transmittable, yet weaker strain, doesn't that mean the cycle is nearing the end?
2) Where is the test/research that identifies the unvaxxed peeps that apparently have natural immunity that can potentially provide a natural defense?

Fatboy

Site Supporter
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
He stayed at the hospital 5 days. He came home on steroids but quickly was able to taper off and didn't need supplemental oxygen after a couple days. He is doing really well. He went for a follow up to his primary on Monday. He requested they draw his vitamin D levels. It had not been done in the hospital. His levels were at 11. The range is 30-100.

I know the vitamin D, NAC and melatonin had to have helped. I'm sure his D was very low going into covid and that was a factor in how sick he got, In addition to that we know covid strips D, glutathione and melatonin from your body and levels can go lethal.

Still the vitamin D was not drawn or acknowledged in this so we have to take care of that ourselves.
With what they now know about the importance of vitamin D against Covid, why is it that the medical system does not like testing for vitamin D unless the patient insists?

Avalon

Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
With what they now know about the importance of vitamin D against Covid, why is it that the medical system does not like testing for vitamin D unless the patient insists?
They simply are not trained to think vitamin D is important. Most Doctors just read the journals and look no farther.

Avalon

Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
I have been under the weather a few days. I tested positive yesterday. If the test is accurate and I have my doubts it must be the new strain. This is nothing like my son-in-law had. So far its a sore throat and went straight to my sinus cavity with pain in the back of my neck and my old surgical shoulder is throbbing. I have been sleeping a lot. No fever or chest involvement yet. I suspect I went into this with a slight bacterial sinus infection already so I may end up taking antibiotics for that. This will be my fourth day of ivermectin. I'm following the Aquiee-Chang protocol and its defiantly just phase 1 on the chart so far. In addition to ivermectin and the vitamins I'm taking a lot of herbs that have worked for viruses in the past. I'm doing nasal and mouth rinses. The only issue I'm having is the zinc. It makes me sick. It always has but I'm sucking it up.

If this is indeed the covid my symptoms are mimicking the same ones I had at the beginning of the pandemic when I got sick. It was all sinus, a migraine and a lot of pain in my neck. Back then it wasn't known that some people can present with just sinus symptoms so I figured it was a sinus infection. It would explain why I didn't get sick working the covid floors for a year and half because I already had some immunity. I'm still skeptical of the PCR test so Ill probably get a T cell test in about 6 weeks,.

Oldmansmith

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Good luck Avalon. My buddy is finally off oxygen and doing better. I think that delaying the ivermectin in the beginning was a big mistake, he wasn't that sick at first.

Avalon

Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Thank you, its a tricky virus. It looks like a week is the crucial point for when you can go bad. I read that some younger and in shape people like your friend can reverse on day 9 for some reason. I'm glad he is doing better. We will never know what the protocol did for him and my son-in-law. They both started late and with my son-in-law he had those awful D levels. Has your friend tested his? Sometimes the results can be surprising even for people who supplement.

WQFTruckster

Jolliest asshole this side of the nuthouse
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
Wish you the best Avalon. My family had what I assumed to be “just a cold” the week before Christmas. Everyone recovered fine and we didn’t get tested as it didn’t seem anything like what we had back in August. In hindsight I’m suspecting that it was likely omicron.

The vitamin D question is always the first thing I’m interested in when I hear of someone that has a bad case that is “completely healthy”. I wish it was more widely known and discussed.

edsl48

Midas Member
Midas Member
Survivor
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
I have had 3 cousins have the virus. One in her 80s, one in her 70s and one in her 60s. One was hospitalized and the other two were sick at home. They are all doing fine today. I think my wife and I had it right before the stuff hit the fan. They didn't test for it back in those days but I will assure you that my wife and I were both sicker than we can remember in our lives. Grandchildren ended up with pnemonia etc. Wont bore you with the details but we all survived.

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Lungs became rigid and scarred and would no longer expand.
Just for info sake. That happens for many things - such as a heart attack. They turn to leather I'm told.
The only issue I'm having is the zinc. It makes me sick. It always has but I'm sucking it up.
Made my stomach upset as well.
I think that delaying the ivermectin in the beginning was a big mistake,
If you delay taking ivermectin or HCQ (both act as ionophores - there are 'others' as well) then the virus gets to replicate unimpeded.

My understanding (Dr Z's) is that the ionophore is the gun and zinc is the bullet that prevents virus replication.

Screen Shot 2022-01-08 at 10.29.22 AM.png

I recently (a week ago) came down with 'something' that felt like the flu. Aching joints, fever, sniffles etc. It could have been Omicron, I don't know.

Anyway, I have a supply of 12mg ivermectin pills I got from India a while back. I took 1 pill and 50mgs of zinc picolinate each day and it was over and done with in 2 days. On the 3rd day I was feeling great, but to be certain I took another dose of the above.

This was along with Vits D, C and multi vit. Stomach upset on 3rd day because of the zinc (described above).

So this protocol does work at least for me. I think getting Dr Z's Zstack would be a good alternative for anyone experiencing symptoms.

agcoacres

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Survivor
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
52, no vaxx. Wife, daughter, oldest son, his wife all vaxxed after recovering from Covid. Middle boy vaxxed. Holidays brought an uninvited guest.

I honestly thought it was the flu. Very humid and bitter cold days, in and out of the work truck- has been a bad recipe, for me, in the past. That was Mon, Tuesday Christmas week. Took Wed, Thurs, Friday off last minute to spend time with kids. Felt a bad storm brewing all day Wednesday and by that evening I had chills, body aches, and fever. Laid around for 5 days thinking it would work through. The 3rd was a holiday for us and, feeling decent, I went back to work on the 4th with everyone else.

The weather turned bitter cold, again. Drug through 2 days- no energy, no strength, occasional cough. Took this past Thursday and Friday sick. No appetite or thirst. Taking C, Zinc, Mag, B12, and D3 the whole time and I have been doing so for well over a year.

Wife scheduled an appt for me at the hospital yesterday. Her dad is terminal, maybe a few days left, and she needed some answers for me for her piece of mind. Tested for a few things but it’s Covid. I was 9 days into it yesterday, so they did not offer any treatment other than a pill to help with the cough.

Feels like things may have finally turned today. Chills and fever seem to be gone. Eating and drinking are still a chore. Very week but not as completely gassed feeling as I have been for the last week.

It has sucked, quite eloquently.