• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Credit Card Purchases of Guns & Ammo will now be Tracked

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Being Forewarned is being Forearmed.
:winks2:

Buck

Mother Lode Found
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
but this is what it says:

"A credit card categorization code that could improve the tracking of gun sales was approved by an international panel that sets standards for the payments industry, according to New York City Comptroller Brad Lander and Amalgamated Bank."

and who voted for these International Tyrants to come along and 'improve' their lives on our backs???

wastrel

tongue firmly in cheek
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I don't find this as concerning as some people apparently do. It's not like the credit card companies didn't already know which merchants are selling guns. Heck, my favorite gun store has "Gun Range" as part of their name -- the name which shows up on the receipt and on my credit card statement already.

Besides, I'm sure the ATF has already provided their buddies in the credit card companies the list of all FFL holders, and the address(es) of their places of business, so that any charges on a card can be identified faster than you can put the card back in your wallet after swiping it.

This "categorization code" might do something in countries outside the US that I'm unaware of, but in the US this isn't giving the credit card companies any new information that they didn't already have, nor is it making it significantly easier for them to identify gun store related charges.

CopperSilverGold

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
but this is what it says:

"A credit card categorization code that could improve the tracking of gun sales was approved by an international panel that sets standards for the payments industry, according to New York City Comptroller Brad Lander and Amalgamated Bank."

and who voted for these International Tyrants to come along and 'improve' their lives on our backs???

We're all in this together and this is for the greater good. You don't want Grandma getting gunned down while at church, do you?

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
This "categorization code" might do something in countries outside the US that I'm unaware of, but in the US this isn't giving the credit card companies any new information that they didn't already have, nor is it making it significantly easier for them to identify gun store related charges.
It makes it easier to sift through data for Big Gov.'s ATF instead of paperwork records. IMO

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
Reaction score
We're all in this together and this is for the greater good. You don't want Grandma getting gunned down while at church, do you?
Most of the churches ive been too recently are loaded to the teeth. God help the dumbass who comes in w a gun looking for trouble.

Mujahid

Owner Operator
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
Right… now they are tracking because they weren’t b4.

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score

Buck

Mother Lode Found
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
no, i don't want any more hurt, to go out, to any more of our wonderful Grandmothers, Bless Their Souls!

but what surprises me is how interested in our Grandmothers Safety 'they' now are...after killing so many, across the last several years, why would they want to save any of 'em now?
but they had access to all of the information we were forced to provide over the last decade or two...

it would appear, those records are no longer available to them, what do you think?

and i'm not interested in building my own cage...cash and carry if you really got to have some and didn't store enough nuts across the last few years...cash and carry, no id transactions because your legal business is your own

:summer:

Buck

Mother Lode Found
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Makes it easier than what they did before.
we are their 'data input', unpaid labor because they say so...or no ID for you...my local DMV had me punch in all my information, the last go around, i, along with everyone else, built their data system for them, we input our own information, i saw guys older than me, locals, data input their own info

had to save the state millions of dollars yet, i never heard a peep from anyone else

if you give a monkey something to do, they're probably not gonna sling any poo

yeah?

we've devolved backwards...

:monkey piss:

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Yet another use for bitcoin.

If this takes off credit card companies might fade into oblivion,

walkingnam

Seeker
Reaction score
I believe that credit card tracking isn't something new. They've had the ability to do so since the first time anyone swiped their card and created an electronic file of what they were purchasing. There are a lot of windowless building across this county that keep track of what we are doing with our money that is of no real concern to anyone. Once a electronic file is made the only restriction on data mining is not really a problem at all.

Even our debit cards are probably being tracked. We are tracked so much that we shouldn't stop short or our butt will be hurting.

dozer99

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
For the last 15 years, my cc statement has come back with things like MidwayUSA, Leopold, Cabelas, Ruger, Sportsman's warehouse, etc......

Like they didn't already know I'm kind of into guns!!!!!!!

BigJim#1-8

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

EO 11110

(you) have a message
Survivor
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
be sure to get it gift wrapped. sorry judge judy, gave that away - check your spy grid

EO 11110

(you) have a message
Survivor
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
AI told them to do this press release for some other reason

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Eagle
Reaction score
They will know who buys Hi-Point pistols. There will be no place to hide from the shame.

Rollie Free

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
Some of you may be on to something with the idea they already have that data stream. The reason for this may be to let you know they know, intimidation.
The counter is to pay via credit and buy even more weaponry to let THEM know.
Biden was right about one thing, the citizens don't have F-15's. It's quite astounding a sitting president posturing a threat against the country's own people. But I think of what a friend of mine says. I may not win a gunfight against our overlords but I can make it pretty messy. That and knowing Joe Bloe has the ability to make it difficult may be enough to keep these jackboots away.

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Eagle
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Some of you may be on to something with the idea they already have that data stream. The reason for this may be to let you know they know, intimidation.
The counter is to pay via credit and buy even more weaponry to let THEM know.
Biden was right about one thing, the citizens don't have F-15's. It's quite astounding a sitting president posturing a threat against the country's own people. But I think of what a friend of mine says. I may not win a gunfight against our overlords but I can make it pretty messy. That and knowing Joe Bloe has the ability to make it difficult may be enough to keep these jackboots away.
Tell that to the Branch Davidians & The Weaver's. :hunt::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire: