• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Crematorium Starts Sifting PMs From the Ashes of the Departed

D-FENZ

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter

stAGgering

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Seeker
Surely, they are only sifting for the pieces of jewelry and such, that they missed beforehand.

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Hell, they always have! Either beforehand with a pair of pliers or after a good hot burn.

Surely, they are only sifting for the pieces of jewelry and such, that they missed beforehand.
Dental gold or other precious metals in dental crowns. Also if you have some dental work that might have PMs and have it removed - ask your dentist for it back. I had a porcelain crown removed a few years ago, and there was a bit of precious metal bonded to the porcelain, and I got it back. Still haven't taken it to a PM recycler, but I'm accumulating all my dental PMs and hopefully it'll be worth recycling some day.

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Dental gold or other precious metals in dental crowns. Also if you have some dental work that might have PMs and have it removed - ask your dentist for it back. I had a porcelain crown removed a few years ago, and there was a bit of precious metal bonded to the porcelain, and I got it back. Still haven't taken it to a PM recycler, but I'm accumulating all my dental PMs and hopefully it'll be worth recycling some day.
Oh it's worth it. New dental Gold is 15 or 16 karat, old dental gold is 18k +. I found an old Gold crown in Lake Michigan with my metal detector a few years ago and it was 18k. I got $60 for it.

rs6.jpg
rs10.jpg

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Just good business to make money from a dying industry...

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

Treasure Searcher

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Gives a whole new meaning to recycling.

<SLV>

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Oh it's worth it. New dental Gold is 15 or 16 karat, old dental gold is 18k +. I found an old Gold crown in Lake Michigan with my metal detector a few years ago and it was 18k. I got $60 for it.
I got two gold crowns. Cost the same as the white ones, but because it is softer it wears less on the opposing teeth. However, VERY sensitive to temperature due to high conductivity.

Strawboss

Home Improvement Sales Trainee...
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter