• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Crypto is Crashing HARD - opportunity.....

<SLV>

Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
3 tokens catching a bid and outperforming stable coins in this bear market. Are these the projects with real value/utility? Flight to quality?View attachment 264301
IMHO... only Bitcoin. Period. It invented the space, and it will always dominate. Etherium is attractive from a usage standpoint (as is Solana), but it lacks the libertarian privacy inherent in Bitcoin.

Bitcoin will become a reserve currency of nations bigger than El Salvador or Florida. And as it achieves this status expect it to approach $1M. (At that time gasoline might be $1,000 per gallon).

I think the price will stabilize once it has wide acceptance on the government level. It will have to when it is linked to a basket of currencies.

ZZZZZ

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
FWIW from a gold bug perspective.

Peter Schiff
@PeterSchiff
With Bitcoin's morning low near $18.7k, the hope that the 2017 peak of $20K would act as support is gone. Objectively, looking at the chart, there really is no viable support left. Most likely #Bitcoin will find some short-term support along the long-term trend line around $6K.

Nomis Elpmis

Minimalist
Silver Miner
Reaction score
IMHO... only Bitcoin. Period. It invented the space, and it will always dominate. Etherium is attractive from a usage standpoint (as is Solana), but it lacks the libertarian privacy inherent in Bitcoin.

Bitcoin will become a reserve currency of nations bigger than El Salvador or Florida. And as it achieves this status expect it to approach $1M. (At that time gasoline might be $1,000 per gallon).

I think the price will stabilize once it has wide acceptance on the government level. It will have to when it is linked to a basket of currencies.
Bitcoin SV (BSV) is a fork back to original Bitcoin. Bitcoin Core (BTC) is a 'Segwit' fork of away from original Bitcoin.

Mujahideen

Owner Operator
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score

Epic debate on BSV (the “original” Bitcoin) vs BTC (what we call bitcoin)

I personally think BTC is the better way to go.

the_shootist

Good luck!
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
FWIW from a gold bug perspective.

Peter Schiff
@PeterSchiff
With Bitcoin's morning low near $18.7k, the hope that the 2017 peak of $20K would act as support is gone. Objectively, looking at the chart, there really is no viable support left. Most likely #Bitcoin will find some short-term support along the long-term trend line around $6K.
But it ain't gold....it's internet vapor

Nomis Elpmis

Minimalist
Silver Miner
Reaction score

Epic debate on BSV (the “original” Bitcoin) vs BTC (what we call bitcoin)

I personally think BTC is the better way to go.
That was an epic debate. I respect your opinion, however I'm for BSV.

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Where are all the folks who were telling us to get in at $40K+ before it went to the Moon?
We all would have been better off investing in toilet paper

were those the same ones who were screaming to buy silver at $35?

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
If they bought any time before 2021 (except for a few weeks in 2018), they're still up, possibly significantly.

Bitcoin itself split. Both new coins are still "Bitcoins". Now you have double the supply. Unless you can quickly tell me the coding difference between the Bitcoins and Bitcoin Cash.

Mujahideen

Owner Operator
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
Bitcoin itself split. Both new coins are still "Bitcoins". Now you have double the supply. Unless you can quickly tell me the coding difference between the Bitcoins and Bitcoin Cash.

There isn’t double the supply. Those are two different forks. Watch the video I posted earlier.

There will only be 21 million btc.

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
There isn’t double the supply. Those are two different forks. Watch the video I posted earlier.

There will only be 21 million btc.

I know what a split is. If I had 1 BTC before now I have 1 BTC and 1 BTC whatever. That looks like a double to me and they are nearly identical things.

Mujahideen

Owner Operator
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
I know what a split is. If I had 1 BTC before now I have 1 BTC and 1 BTC whatever. That looks like a double to me and they are nearly identical things.

You still only have 1 btc not more btc.

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
You still only have 1 btc not more btc.

I see almost no difference. Yes, I agree that you'll only ever have 1 official Bitcoin but that is really just semantics and not much more.

#48Fan

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
You would actually have 1 BTC @ 18K+ and one BSV at about 50 bucks. The chains are different, the protocols are different, etc. Litecoin is also a fork of BTC and a slew of others. There is only one Bitcoin.

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
You would actually have 1 BTC @ 18K+ and one BSV at about 50 bucks. The chains are different, the protocols are different, etc. Litecoin is also a fork of BTC and a slew of others. There is only one Bitcoin.

And which one is the "true one". The one that brings the highest price I would argue. Because if it was about the coding the Satoshi Vision should be the real one.

Man so many of these trading things look like ponzi schemes. Just all leverage upon leverage in a thing that wasn't really built for it.

I don't see many problems or trading with the better privacy coins.

Mujahideen

Owner Operator
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
And which one is the "true one". The one that brings the highest price I would argue. Because if it was about the coding the Satoshi Vision should be the real one.

I would say the true bitcoin is bsv.

I would also say that is irrelevant and the better bitcoin is btc if you’re looking for a higher degree of simplicity and decentralization.

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
It appears to be getting worse as well. It also looks like a total hit job. Who else thinks 6 am on a Saturday morning is a good time to dump all your Bitcoins? Seems like all of us here can recognize that pattern.

1655578593947.png

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
The only problem is the same bankers can also change the rules and control the on off ramps for BTC. If they come out on Monday and say no more BTC and you have until the end of the week to convert then BTC goes to next to nothing. Sure you can keep it in a private wallet and away from the central bankers but if there is no way to convert to real currency it is essentially worthless. No one would want it as payment if they can never bring it back into the system.

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
It appears to be getting worse as well. It also looks like a total hit job. Who else thinks 6 am on a Saturday morning is a good time to dump all your Bitcoins? Seems like all of us here can recognize that pattern.

View attachment 264314
A hit job by whom? Who's working on a Saturday on a holiday weekend? Everyone is out getting ready for the parades on Monday.

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
A hit job by whom? Who's working on a Saturday on a holiday weekend? Everyone is out getting ready for the parades on Monday.

People with an agenda... IE bankers would be my first suspicion.

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
Bout 6 months ago I had some of my hillbilly neighbors telling me to buy doge. They been buy-in and buy-in and buy-in and are gonna be very wealthy one day.........Thats how I knew we had topped out.

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Eagle
Reaction score
Crypto is beginning to sound like another religion similar to climate change.

...and a bunch of people are waiting for Jesus to come back and save the world again @ $60k.

The NIKKEI never came back either.

ds_mustang

Libertarian, Capitalist, Software guy
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
There are a lot of coding differences between Bitcoin Cash and Bitcoin, but even if there weren't it wouldn't matter. Bitcoin Cash isn't Bitcoin and the market knows it: Bitcoin Cash is worth $117 each compared to Bitcoin at $20k.

Anyone can take the bitcoin code (which is public), spin up a fork of bitcoin, and make a clone (and a lot of people have). But that doesn't make their version bitcoin.

Nomis Elpmis

Minimalist
Silver Miner
Reaction score
People may be done with Bitcoin BTC. It didn't prove itself. Bitcoin (BSV) the original intent that has utility and can scale. It's currently decoupled and running counter to the market. Been waiting for this.
cmc7dbsv.jpg

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Everything you own, no matter what you paid for it is marked to market at any given time. To pretend otherwise is nothing more than mental accounting.
A great philosophical point.

But, it does not take in the case where the sum of "everything you own" is more than just the different pieces. Therefore, what you own becomes independent of/supercedes the market.

A coupla quick concepts: a symphony orchestra, a pattern of bricks forming a girl's face, the ability to see patterns instead of just individual components (we do this all the time -- and it is independent of the market).

Ah. Finally thought of the dang word: "gestalt"

D-FENZ

Platinum Bling
Sr Midas Sup +++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
A great philosophical point.

But, it does not take in the case where the sum of "everything you own" is more than just the different pieces. Therefore, what you own becomes independent of/supercedes the market.

A coupla quick concepts: a symphony orchestra, a pattern of bricks forming a girl's face, the ability to see patterns instead of just individual components (we do this all the time -- and it is independent of the market).

Ah. Finally thought of the dang word: "gestalt"
You lost me.

Question:
If the hapless HODLer also owns equal amounts of NetFlix, physical silver, a smattering of meme stocks and Bitcoin, is the gestalt, net asset value higher or lower?

Lancers32

You know...the thing
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Backtesting the point of breakdown. 20-21 or so.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
You lost me.

Question:
If the hapless HODLer also owns equal amounts of NetFlix, physical silver, a smattering of meme stocks and Bitcoin, is the gestalt, net asset value higher or lower?

You said, "Everything you own, no matter what you paid for it..." <-- I was pointing out that statement was correct as far as it went. You are still thinking in separate parts -- eg: NetFlix, silver, stocks.

I gave examples of having some items that add value when they are owned for what you paid for them (your correct beginning) but you missed the point that if you bring several items together, they add up to more than each individual item by itself.

The examples I gave above show the gestalt factor, which your quoted statement does not cover...

10c price of salt, 75c price of flour, 15c price of two eggs, 50c for milk, 50c for effort and knowledge, and you have a loaf of bread that cost -- by your reckoning -- $2.00

You stand there with $2.00 in separate parts... but now they are put together and the loaf of bread is worth $5.00 anywhere.

The difference of what you own in separate parts versus what you own with the parts working together... that is gestalt.

Separate parts = rock hard number value

Gestalt from parts in concert with one another = HUGE variable in number value for exactly the same parts.

Ten thousand thousand examples...

Last edited:

Mujahideen

Owner Operator
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
an unrealized loss is just that… unrealized.

Lancers32

You know...the thing
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
an unrealized loss is just that… unrealized.

But here's the thing. By holding an asset that is going down hard and you are sitting on the train tracks you make the assumption that the market is wrong and you are right. The market know more than me I always look for a place where I am wrong. If you bought for 1K and watched it go to 69K and are still holding you are wrong. It can drop much further and then trade sideways forever. Nothing says this will go back up again. Even a guy like Stanley Drukenmiller one of the most astute investors around doesn't know what to make of Bitcoin and the other cryptos. Funny that 20 somethings suppose to know more than a guy like that.

Mujahideen

Owner Operator
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
Nothing says this will go back up again. Even a guy like Stanley Drukenmiller one of the most astute investors around doesn't know what to make of Bitcoin and the other cryptos. Funny that 20 somethings suppose to know more than a guy like that.

There are an endless amount analysts who think it will go up in the long term, we can both cherry pick naysayers and cheerleaders.

If one only holds btc for speculation then they will suffer as the price falls.

If you hold it because you believe in the algorithm, then this down cycle doesn’t matter too much unless you went in too heavy.

The algorithm didn’t change at all.

“In bear markets, stocks return to their rightful owners.”

ZZZZZ

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
But here's the thing. By holding an asset that is going down hard and you are sitting on the train tracks you make the assumption that the market is wrong and you are right. The market know more than me I always look for a place where I am wrong. If you bought for 1K and watched it go to 69K and are still holding you are wrong. It can drop much further and then trade sideways forever. Nothing says this will go back up again. Even a guy like Stanley Drukenmiller one of the most astute investors around doesn't know what to make of Bitcoin and the other cryptos. Funny that 20 somethings suppose to know more than a guy like that.

The problem is that cryptos are a brand new asset class, totally revolutionary. Nobody knows how it is supposed to behave or be traded, especially old school guys like Druckenmiller or Warren Buffett. Applying old models and theories to cryptos makes no sense.

Is there anybody out there who was screaming SELL! BTC at 60,000? I will pay attention to that person. And I don't mean people like Peter Schiff who was saying SELL! at 10,000 on the way up.

Lancers32

You know...the thing
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
The problem is that cryptos are a brand new asset class, totally revolutionary. Nobody knows how it is supposed to behave or be traded, especially old school guys like Druckenmiller or Warren Buffett. Applying old models and theories to cryptos makes no sense.

Is there anybody out there who was screaming SELL! BTC at 60,000? I will pay attention to that person. And I don't mean people like Peter Schiff who was saying SELL! at 10,000 on the way up.
Screaming sell? Yeah Armstrong for one and a slew of guys I follow on Twitter.

Lancers32

You know...the thing
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
There are an endless amount analysts who think it will go up in the long term, we can both cherry pick naysayers and cheerleaders.

If one only holds btc for speculation then they will suffer as the price falls.

If you hold it because you believe in the algorithm, then this down cycle doesn’t matter too much unless you went in too heavy.

The algorithm didn’t change at all.

“In bear markets, stocks return to their rightful owners.”
Algorithm? Been around for 14 years it has no track record. I laugh at these guys who come up with all these theories on fair value it can't go lower than the previous high all kinds of bs. I think eventually Bitcoin will have a monster rally maybe to new highs but I think it is just a speculation.

ZZZZZ

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Screaming sell? Yeah Armstrong for one and a slew of guys I follow on Twitter.

Is that Martin Armstrong?

And were they not saying sell before it ran up to $60?