• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Crypto is Crashing HARD - opportunity.....

Juristic Person

They drew first blood
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I “invest” in miners, Riot Blockchain specifically, I have thousands of shares. I milk it for option premium, but I plan on holding it on the way up.

I have no use for holding what I see as currency. But hypothetically if I had to add currency to my assets I would add BTC or ETH before I would add more frns.
What kind of return have you seen? How long have you been investing?

Mujahideen

Owner Operator
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
What kind of return have you seen? How long have you been investing?

Right now things haven’t been too great, I started buying riot at 35 and I caught the falling knife and DCA all the way down while it was falling to the 4s, using margin.

My average costs are in the 8s. Selling calls above 8 isn’t really all that good when it’s 4 something. But if this recovers at all, it will be extremely profitable.

Juristic Person

They drew first blood
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Right now things haven’t been too great, I started buying riot at 35 and I caught the falling knife and DCA all the way down while it was falling to the 4s, using margin.

My average costs are in the 8s. Selling calls above 8 isn’t really all that good when it’s 4 something. But if this recovers at all, it will be extremely profitable.
I think everyone really just needs to sit on their bags for a while. There will be a recovery. It's only a loss if you sell below cost. Hang in there. The technology as a whole is here to stay and it's growth will be exponential in the next 5 years. Everything will go up with that (with exception of course of the ones that go bust).

ds_mustang

Libertarian, Capitalist, Software guy
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
View attachment 264910

The 200 SMA is trending upwards. I wouldn’t say that btc has failed considering the story isn’t over, but that all depends on what lens you choose to look at it from. And a lot of analysts project btc to rise in the long term. And mind you, this is only vs the dollar, a lot of other currencies are in an even worse position than the USD.

And the dollar is bound to lose money long term, that’s what’s it’s been doing for over 100 years; It’s tied to corrupt politicians who constantly debase the currency to pay their cronies. Btc is only 14 or so years old but I would say it’s winning that argument so far even with this crash.

I say btc is more real because it’s not as arbitrarily created as the dollar and it holds more value on the long term, IMO. btc is also open source… we can’t even really audit the fed.
The lens I'm using to look at bitcoin is compared to other large crypto, particularly smart contract crypto that aren't trying to be stores of value. If bitcoin does no better than them, and yet has no other purpose than to be a store of value, then bitcoin has basically failed its primary use case and seems redundant.

newmisty

DUPPY CONQUERER
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
14 years of btc, trending up.

View attachment 264916

100 years of the FRN, trending down… and it’s owners are trying to enslave us.

I’m someone who has an emergency fund and operating fund and spends the rest of my money because I already know this.

I’ll take a chance on btc being worth more in 10 years than the paper frn in my pocket.
I didn't realize 14 years was "long term" enough to directly compare with centuries old currency's long term trends. .

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
You already can.

I know you can but few people ever report using it. I will start to buy in when people actually start using it. I've seen a few use it on-line.

Mujahideen

Owner Operator
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
The lens I'm using to look at bitcoin is compared to other large crypto,

In my opinion, btc should be viewed vs government issued currency that is constantly being debased; and a focal point on btc should be decentralization and it being open sourced. <<<< that should be the main priority, to be simple and honest; everything else is secondary. Ease of use or practical use should be secondary for btc.

I think that leaves behind a wide lane open for other crypto. But I will think that other crypto that is more practical or more useful will inherently be more centralized and likely more complicated. ETH 2.0 is a great example.

wastrel

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
One thing is certain. Blockchain technology is the future of the banking industry.
You're probably correct. I'm not so sure that's a good thing, though. There have been transactions I've made in the past that I'd really rather forget.

Come to think of it, what might turn out to be the most common use of blockchain tech in the future is in elementary schools. For a student's Permanent Record. Remember all those teachers' warnings when someone was unruly, about it being put on their Permanent Record? Well, with a blockchain it really will be a Permanent Record. Perhaps it will also follow you for the rest of your life, being the basis of a slave's citizen's Social Credit Score. "Sorry, Mr. Jones, we know you're 70 years old now, but you can't buy that upscale electric car because your Permanent Record shows you put paste in Sally Smith's hair in kindergarten, you anti-social wrecker and hoarder."

I'm kidding. At least I think I'm kidding...

ZZZZZ

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
A blockchain should be used to track registered voters to make sure only one vote per citizen. When you turn 18 and register, your record is created. When you move, you record moves with you. When you die, your voting record is closed.

Juristic Person

They drew first blood
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
A blockchain should be used to track registered voters to make sure only one vote per citizen. When you turn 18 and register, your record is created. When you move, you record moves with you. When you die, your voting record is closed.
It will be....

Casey Jones

Train left the station...
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Locally-managed elections and paper ballots, did that just fine.

Interject complexity, open the door for fraud. Complexity makes it harder for the average voter to identify or understand.

ZZZZZ

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Locally-managed elections and paper ballots, did that just fine.

Interject complexity, open the door for fraud. Complexity makes it harder for the average voter to identify or understand.

Are you old enough to remember Chicago and "Vote early and vote often?" :D

Casey Jones

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Are you old enough to remember Chicago and "Vote early and vote often?" :D
Sure.

That's why anyone with a choice, didn't live there.

But nothing like what we saw with MACHINE voting, 2020, ever happened. Chicago, the Machine controlled. Not rural counties. Not all other cities.

There will always be fraud; but the best way to make it universal, is to introduce a system the average person cannot understand, and nobody without tools, readers, an understanding of the program.

ZZZZZ

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Sure.

That's why anyone with a choice, didn't live there.

But nothing like what we saw with MACHINE voting, 2020, ever happened. Chicago, the Machine controlled. Not rural counties. Not all other cities.

There will always be fraud; but the best way to make it universal, is to introduce a system the average person cannot understand, and nobody without tools, readers, an understanding of the program.

There really isn't anything complex for the average voter to understand. It might actually be simpler. They still have to register to vote. then when they move and change their address with the DMV or move out of state, their voter record gets reassigned to their new precinct. When a death certificate is issued, the death records are cross-checked and the voter registration is cancelled.

I mean do voters really understand how it works now?

Casey Jones

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
There really isn't anything complex for the average voter to understand. It might actually be simpler. They still have to register to vote. then when they move and change their address with the DMV or move out of state, their voter record gets reassigned to their new precinct. When a death certificate is issued, the death records are cross-checked and the voter registration is cancelled.

I mean do voters really understand how it works now?
It was done on paper ledgers, with voter identity confirmed with a signature. At least that's how it was done up to 2008 in Cuyahoga County, Ohio.

Fraud? Sure, it could be done. Fraud without evidence? Not nearly so easy. Paper leaves a trail.

Now, the blithe comments about how a blockchain ledger all so easy to see, if you just understand it...tell me how I'm going to see it, without the tools, the software, the access codes. Can you see where your bitcoin was? Can anyone?