• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Crypto is Crashing HARD - opportunity.....

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
That said, i need to find an ETF or something that invests in crypto and keep an eye on it. 90+% losses on crypto might make it worth while to scoop some up, if they drop that far.
I thought there was an etf on cryptos, cant recall what it was though.

#48Fan

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Bitcoin is right where it needs to be for the next massive leg up: Three peaks and a domed house......

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
how do you buy cryptos?? was looking at xrp

dozer99

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
Found out from a friend of mine that if you live in the state of Nevada, you can not trade crypto on Robinhood.

Juristic Person

They drew first blood
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

Irons

Outlaw Prospector
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Lets send Ukraine SHIB
I wonder if the war there has something to do with this crash. If people like the soros and clintons etc were holding a ton of operating funds in cryptos wiping them out would put the hurt on them.

Yeah I know, I'll stop dreaming now...............................

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
My opinion only....

While its clear to me that I missed an opportunity to get in on BTC on the ground floor (along with stock companies like Apple, MSFT and Twitter), I have no regrets because I never thought of crypto currency (or the stock market for that matter) as a safe place to store my accumulated wealth (such as it is) in the first place.

I haven't changed my position on crypto. Most people here have a very different opinion of crypto and I have no argument with them....it's just the comfort level I have with software based wealth.
Jeez, shootie. I think you are channeling yer Unca.

D-FENZ

Gold Chaser
Sr Midas Sup +++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Crashing crypto is good news that's long overdue. People need to get back to work with productive pursuits. Early players won the lottery and no longer feel the need to actually produce anything. And they've been consuming more only because they can afford it. Small wonder there is a supply crunch. And the ridiculous waste of power to do their 'mining'...

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Do you see the FRN as a less risky investment than crypto?

Do you think the future of currency/transactions is digital?
Two good questions. I got two answers (not really as good, but good enuf fer me) :

1. They are both ephemeral. The equivalent of morning mist. They can both disappear ANY day without warning. One always has done this.

2. The future of currency/transactions depends very, very heavily on just how determined/desperate the Cabal is to reach their goal. So the question should be modified to: Do you think there is a future of any currency/transactions besides digital, fiat, other than PM's?

I wish I had blown off the scheduled purchase of some junk silver just once to "waste" $10 back 13 years ago. If I had, today I could make a significant addition to replace my lake losses. And that is what I would do.

Juristic Person: IMO, you are spot on correct. <-- BUT! Only in your unchanging monetary/business world. Your logic (within the strict parameters of continued "normalism" of world society) is quite persuasive.

It is my opinion the human race is on the cusp of the largest, most impactful change since the Black Plague. It could be good, even great. It could be horrible beyond comprehension (hemorrhagic fever developed/released already from the labs).

In sum, it is my guess that Bitcoin has a "window" of fantastic viability. It is in that window as you read this. But that window can close forever in seconds from something as banal as a Carrington Event. <-- Zerio electrical stuff including infrastructure gone. Or from something even more probable and far worse than a civilization-destroying CE: Nuclear war. It IS being threatened as you read this, also. Those are the endpoints. I hope we do not see them. And if we do not, we still have the digital manipulation in stocks, etc.

I would get out of the window while it is still open.

Avalon

The most courageous act is to think for yourself
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Maybe gold and silver won't protect purchasing power from the coming collapse.

Maybe nothing will. Two things are happening: The dollar/gold relationship is now completely manipulated and artificial.

And, ANY sort of wealth, will buy less, as all products/articles/needs will be more dear.

There doesn't appear to be ANY way to ride this out unscathed. But I don't think Virtual Money is the answer.
my only solution has been to buy things I know we will need.

Avalon

The most courageous act is to think for yourself
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Crashing crypto is good news that's long overdue. People need to get back to work with productive pursuits. Early players won the lottery and no longer feel the need to actually produce anything. And they've been consuming more only because they can afford it. Small wonder there is a supply crunch. And the ridiculous waste of power to do their 'mining'...
From what I am hearing at some point all countries will have to have some type of commodity behind the new digital currency. I think it will be a combo of gold, other metals, oil and even food. Lynette Zang makes a good argument for the several currency failures. The young communist generation we have breed in this country are going to be in for a huge shock when make believe money and pretend work no longer buy anything.

<SLV>

Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I thought there was an etf on cryptos, cant recall what it was though.
BITO - Bitcoin futures ETF.

Every day... a new better buying opportunity!

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
anyone else having problems getting onto Coinbase this morning?

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
View attachment 258705

That's not a surprise. Crypto investors know more than anyone else about these risks. Any brokerage or bank is the same thing. Yes, those have "insurance" but we all know how this works around here. If you don't hold it you don't own it.

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Some crypto can and IS being used for things. The people doing this will be fine and excited by the lower prices.

The idiots who fomo'd into a Hood account to buy crap coins are probably gonna due the usual despair thing.

newmisty

Transcending the 5 Elements
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Yeah..."mining" "coins".

Even the fricken names used to describe it are shamelessly plagiarized for maximum psychological effect.

"Mining"
"Coins"
"Wallet"

Fool me once...

ZZZZZ

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
A little perspective: a long-term logarithmic chart.

FSjlDJJXMAAnabh

CopperSilverGold

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
A little perspective: a long-term logarithmic chart.

FSjlDJJXMAAnabh

Better than I even hope for Silver. Totally missed that trend. My bad.

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Lies...crypto is safe and secure, just like the jabs.

Which PM broker just got in trouble, oh yeah. This would be the exact same thing as say buying Silver from NW Territorial Mint and then letting them hold it for you. That doesn't make silver inherently bad.

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

newmisty

Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Lies...crypto is safe and secure, just like the jabs.
Plus, "It's only going up" "to da moon"

The "Magic", "Anonymous" Electronic Salvation of mankind in the End Times. Sustainably "Mined", ecologically harvested and 100% dolphin safe.

Soon we'll have "First striked, Burnished, Reverse proof, Reeded edge, High relief, Deep Cameo Bitcoins...personally autographed by the same made up name that supposedly " invented" it/her/she/them/we/xi.

Last edited:

CopperSilverGold

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Which PM broker just got in trouble, oh yeah. This would be the exact same thing as say buying Silver from NW Territorial Mint and then letting them hold it for you. That doesn't make silver inherently bad.

I have never let anyone hold it for me, not even storing it at a safe deposit box. I strongly believe in what Ponce said.

newmisty

Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
I have never let anyone hold it for me, not even storing it at a safe deposit box. I strongly believe in what Ponce said.
Plus, holding it helps keep the muscles toned.

Thecrensh

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure that you can actually buy XRP - they were under investigation by the FTC a while back and trading was frozen. Maybe that has changed?

Lancers32

You know...the thing
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Bitcoin here is a good opportunity to get run over. Maybe a go at half the current price. Lots of downside in stocks like MARA and RIOT. See where they traded March 2020.

FSeqWDTX0AAMerr.png

newmisty

Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score

Thecrensh

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
.hmmm I'm picturing wheelbarrows full of bitcoins being burned for heat. I wonder how many BTU's a Bitcoin has.
idk but I have almost all my crypto on coinbase. Not enough to ruin me mind you, but it wouldn't be nice to watch it burn.

Lancers32

You know...the thing
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
idk but I have almost all my crypto on coinbase. Not enough to ruin me mind you, but it wouldn't be nice to watch it burn.
Get them in a wallet.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
BITO - Bitcoin futures ETF.

Every day... a new better buying opportunity!
That's betting on what the bettors are gonna bet on. Jeez.
That I'm not sure about. That is a once in a lifetime type gain.
I dunno, bro... If you consider that by next year a gallon of gas could be going for $120 USD (fiat)... that slope might well continue even steeper. Think Bolivars.

the_shootist

Politically Gender Neutral
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Crypto is tanking....

...but the dollar is riding high!! Bizarro world!!

Scorpio

Разыскиваются украинские блондинки
Founding Member
Board Elder
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
the young generation is telling me something about why they have left crypto,

and they state a lot of it has to do with the flop fees, the vig fees to play in the space,
that coinbase and all the rest of them, along with the bogus overcharges by the chitcoin/ether/whatever networks are ripping them off

they absolutely do not agree with gas fees and all the rest of it that nerds are getting paid to match transactions up + the exchange fees

they want to go in and out, and with the fees, their cash bleeds just on fees

and they are right, it is a bogus set up with too high of transaction costs,

then all these persons that claim it can be used for day to day, week to week, transaction are just blowing smoke up your ass,
as it isn't even close to being ready for mainstream in any manner

Mujahideen

Owner Operator
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
Bitcoin here is a good opportunity to get run over. Maybe a go at half the current price. Lots of downside in stocks like MARA and RIOT. See where they traded March 2020.

View attachment 258738

I believe MARA is a scam, but riot is actually doing ok as a company. The stock isn’t reflective of the company’s performance. I’m buying it all up at these prices.

Brio

Site Supporter
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
At least with BTC there is a limit to home much is "printed". 21 million coins.

Now this I don't get. there are 100,000,000 Satoshis in one bitcoin. How is that limited?