• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Crypto is Crashing HARD - opportunity.....

Mujahideen

Owner Operator
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
Until central banks stop issuing massive debt and money creation, until we can teleport gold for online transactions, crypto will have a space.

It will not die until these problems are solved.

Avalon

The most courageous act is to think for yourself
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Until central banks stop issuing massive debt and money creation, until we can teleport gold for online transactions, crypto will have a space.
oddly enough I agree... but what crypto?

Mujahideen

Owner Operator
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
Last edited:

newmisty

Transcending the 5 Elements
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
idk but I have almost all my crypto on coinbase. Not enough to ruin me mind you, but it wouldn't be nice to watch it burn.
Should be enough to cook an egg sunny side up.

newmisty

Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
I would start by learning about BTC.
BTC or Black Tom Cruise (Otis Perkins)passed away last year and was strong and chill.

Otis-Perkins-Black-Tom-Cruise-Car-Accident-Led-to-Death-810x456.jpg

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
the young generation is telling me something about why they have left crypto,

and they state a lot of it has to do with the flop fees, the vig fees to play in the space,
that coinbase and all the rest of them, along with the bogus overcharges by the chitcoin/ether/whatever networks are ripping them off

they absolutely do not agree with gas fees and all the rest of it that nerds are getting paid to match transactions up + the exchange fees

they want to go in and out, and with the fees, their cash bleeds just on fees

and they are right, it is a bogus set up with too high of transaction costs,

then all these persons that claim it can be used for day to day, week to week, transaction are just blowing smoke up your ass,
as it isn't even close to being ready for mainstream in any manner

That's been the people's problem with Bitcoin for a LONG time. The transactions take too long and in order to even send a transaction it could cost $10 or more. This was part of the split but the Bitcoin Cash, much more usable with low fees, never caught a bid. I think this was all Institutional money / manipulation of Bitcoin.

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
I thought there was an etf on cryptos, cant recall what it was though.

Symbols​

Screener for stocks & more
  • ETC.TO
    Evolve Cryptocurrencies ETF
    ETF - TOR
  • CMCX-B.TO
    CI Galaxy Multi-Crypto ETF
    ETF - TOR
  • ETC-U.TO
    Evolve Cryptocurrencies ETF
    ETF - TOR

Silvergun

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score

It will not die until these problems are solved.

This makes sense. The problem is you will be in the crosshairs of the elite. I guess you could make that same argument with physical commodities and stores of wealth too though (gold/silver/food/water/guns/ammo).

I think what others said is right we are screwed no matter what and I am not saying that to be a negative nancy. Best thing you can do at this point is diversify, and then harden your family. Grow more resilient, more independent, and get connected with local folks and food sources that are as farm fresh as possible.

Lancers32

You know...the thing
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Now this I don't get. there are 100,000,000 Satoshis in one bitcoin. How is that limited?
Nothing to do with it.

Lancers32

You know...the thing
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I believe MARA is a scam, but riot is actually doing ok as a company. The stock isn’t reflective of the company’s performance. I’m buying it all up at these prices.
Encouraging candle so far today hope you don't own it from 80 bucks.

Nomis Elpmis

Minimalist
Silver Miner
Reaction score
the young generation is telling me something about why they have left crypto,

and they state a lot of it has to do with the flop fees, the vig fees to play in the space,
that coinbase and all the rest of them, along with the bogus overcharges by the chitcoin/ether/whatever networks are ripping them off

they absolutely do not agree with gas fees and all the rest of it that nerds are getting paid to match transactions up + the exchange fees

they want to go in and out, and with the fees, their cash bleeds just on fees

and they are right, it is a bogus set up with too high of transaction costs,

then all these persons that claim it can be used for day to day, week to week, transaction are just blowing smoke up your ass,
as it isn't even close to being ready for mainstream in any manner
You are right. Today I tried to move $1000 USDC off of Coinbase. USDC is Coinbase's stable coin and they don't charge any fees to acquire it or move it. However, USDC is hosted on Ethereum and the Gas/Network fee to move it to my wallet was $56. I'm going to wait a bit till the ETH network congestion tapers off and try to get a lower fee. Protocols like BSV with 'millicent' transaction fees are going to win adoption.

Lancers32

You know...the thing
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
$hitcoin down to 25K today big bounce. Store of value.

Mujahideen

Owner Operator
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score

Lancers32

You know...the thing
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Good luck to you.

newmisty

Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
This makes sense. The problem is you will be in the crosshairs of the elite. I guess you could make that same argument with physical commodities and stores of wealth too though (gold/silver/food/water/guns/ammo).

I think what others said is right we are screwed no matter what and I am not saying that to be a negative nancy. Best thing you can do at this point is diversify, and then harden your family. Grow more resilient, more independent, and get connected with local folks and food sources that are as farm fresh as possible.
Ultimately people need to learn to tune out the "news" and the hot topics of the day.

Nomis Elpmis

Minimalist
Silver Miner
Reaction score
These are the current fees to move USDC from Coinbase. They are variable and fluctuate and aren't based on the amount you are sending. They are based on what the Ethereum network wants to charge based on volume/traffic. The Ethereum network is unsustainable.
1111.png

Lancers32

You know...the thing
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Weren't you touting it not long ago?

Jack be nimble Jack be quick after the fact. :-)
Touting? A short term trade with a close stop.

Lancers32

You know...the thing
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Weren't you touting it not long ago?

Jack be nimble Jack be quick after the fact. :-)
Post 31857 from Sunday in the Lunatic Fringe thread is you care to read it. Use stop.

Casey Jones

Train left the station...
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
These are the current fees to move USDC from Coinbase. They are variable and fluctuate and aren't based on the amount you are sending. They are based on what the Ethereum network wants to charge based on volume/traffic. The Ethereum network is unsustainable.
View attachment 258811
This made me think...remember the early days of the Internet? Sketchy performance and connnections, but a thousand start-ups offering free or token-cost web pages.

Then, tech consolidated. Now, when Bezos' minions who run the Amazon server farms, or Apple, with the airheads that manage their Cloud...and Gurgle, with its mail packet-sniffers...when they decide you're Not-Alright, because of opinions they disagree with...you're Cancelled.

EVEN to being DE-BANKED. Which itself is almost-certainly illegal - denying access to public accommodations and services, based on capricious choices - but nobody cares, not anymore.

Okay. So, what happens when crypto-relaying services consolidate? When, say, the Cupetino Fruit Company and/or the Amazons, maybe in concert, buy up or contract most of the crypto network? And all of a sudden, you can't send money to yourself in Peru, because, White Privilege and Recipient-Is-On-Our-List?

Can't happen? Fifteen years ago, NO ONE imagined email being blocked, or PayPal renditions being blocked, diverted, impounded. Now it's de rigueur.

Whereas, it's quite simple, if a bit tedious, to move gold bars. I find the person and place it in his hand.

newmisty

Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
This made me think...remember the early days of the Internet? Sketchy performance and connnections, but a thousand start-ups offering free or token-cost web pages.

Then, tech consolidated. Now, when Bezos' minions who run the Amazon server farms, or Apple, with the airheads that manage their Cloud...and Gurgle, with its mail packet-sniffers...when they decide you're Not-Alright, because of opinions they disagree with...you're Cancelled.

EVEN to being DE-BANKED. Which itself is almost-certainly illegal - denying access to public accommodations and services, based on capricious choices - but nobody cares, not anymore.

Okay. So, what happens when crypto-relaying services consolidate? When, say, the Cupetino Fruit Company and/or the Amazons, maybe in concert, buy up or contract most of the crypto network? And all of a sudden, you can't send money to yourself in Peru, because, White Privilege and Recipient-Is-On-Our-List?

Can't happen? Fifteen years ago, NO ONE imagined email being blocked, or PayPal renditions being blocked, diverted, impounded. Now it's de rigueur.

Whereas, it's quite simple, if a bit tedious, to move gold bars. I find the person and place it in his hand.
"Not everything that glitters is Gold."

Avalon

The most courageous act is to think for yourself
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
This is not even a joke. I saw a recent pool given to millennials When asked about their retirement plan many said they planned on getting financially secure with crypto investments. Another interesting poll this week was with college students. It seems quite a few of them expect to graduate college and get a starting job at 100k or over.

Casey Jones

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
When asked about their retirement plan many said they planned on getting financially secure with crypto investments.
They don't understand where that money came from.

They don't understand the difference between productive investments (that return dividend payments, and give additional value to the business itself) and a pyramid scheme (loud pumpers who got in on the ground floor, made multiples in profit from demand from new gulls, and got out, rich).

They do not understand FINANCE. That's not all their fault - superficially I knew this all along as an adult, but it took the 2009 bust to really drive home how manipulated the modern markets are. But they're learning the OPPOSITE. They buy stocks on Robbin' Hood. They buy based on how much they like The Narrative (Meme Stocks). And they buy into an open, naked pyramid scheme...and they all expect to become rich off it.

Who is going to buy 10x or 100x what THEY are paying for these lines of code? What the HELL is WRONG with these people?

newmisty

Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
This is not even a joke. I saw a recent pool given to millennials When asked about their retirement plan many said they planned on getting financially secure with crypto investments. Another interesting poll this week was with college students. It seems quite a few of them expect to graduate college and get a starting job at 100k or over.
If I were them I would seek to become a content creator on YouTube or something similar where millennials are raking in millions of dollars doing essentially nothing.

newmisty

Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
They don't understand where that money came from.

They don't understand the difference between productive investments (that return dividend payments, and give additional value to the business itself) and a pyramid scheme (loud pumpers who got in on the ground floor, made multiples in profit from demand from new gulls, and got out, rich).

They do not understand FINANCE. That's not all their fault - superficially I knew this all along as an adult, but it took the 2009 bust to really drive home how manipulated the modern markets are. But they're learning the OPPOSITE. They buy stocks on Robbin' Hood. They buy based on how much they like The Narrative (Meme Stocks). And they buy into an open, naked pyramid scheme...and they all expect to become rich off it.

Who is going to buy 10x or 100x what THEY are paying for these lines of code? What the HELL is WRONG with these people?
I have such a distinct and clear memory of getting my first bank book for my first bank account as a young boy probably 7 or 8 years old. I can still see the small book with the lines and all the pencil marks. My mother had taught me well.
God bless good parents!

Casey Jones

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
If I were them I would seek to become a content creator on YouTube or something similar where millennials are raking in millions of dollars doing essentially nothing.
They're not doing "nothing."

They're COMPLYING.

Ewe Toob uses the "De-Monitization" threat over their heads at all times. Vapid airhead stuff is tolerated. Technical stuff that doesn't embarrass PC industries (like Scotty or other DIY'ers who don't embarass corporate Sacred Cows) is approved. Even raunchy stuff that mocks traditional Americans, is okay.

Anything that either condemns the deviancy we're in, or suggests anyone question the Party Line...or any aspect of it...like Captain Capitalism, Aaron Clarey, does...he's not banned but he's De-Monetized with every video and podcast. Because he won't spout the shibboleths. He even took to using code words - vaxxes became "hot-fudge sundaes" but it didn't work. He's not PC and doesn't kiss the ring, so he can't make the hundreds of thousands that Scotty does, even though he has a large subscriber base.

Ewe Toob, and Gurgle, are CONDITIONING young people to OBEY.

1866.jpg

#48Fan

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Even at today's prices, Bitcoin is up 700% since March 2020. Carry on.....

Casey Jones

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Even at today's prices, Bitcoin is up 700% since March 2020. Carry on.....
What's the dividend return on bitcoin?

When bitcoin fails, what's the breakup value?

...oh, there's NONE of that?

How do you make money on bitcoin?

You find someone to buy it at a higher price, right? And sell to him.

When you buy a line of code for $29,000...who are you gonna find to buy at a HIGHER price? There's kinda a limit to this pyramid, isn't there? Especially now, with the whole of the economy about to collapse.

The money to be made...HAS BEEN made. Recent buyers, made it for the ground-floor hustlers.

The ones who buy at the top of the market...have a name. They're "gulls." They got cleaned out. They provided the money for the people who wrote the code or bought in at $10.

Mujahideen

Owner Operator
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score

newmisty

Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score

Lancers32

You know...the thing
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
These cryptos are subject to large drawdowns in bear markets. 85% something like that? Market cap is around 1.6 trillion now I think maybe we go down to 600 billion? Not in a straight line.

Mujahideen

Owner Operator
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
I think the govt is going to fix that.

A lot of miners moved to Texas, the hope is that they are out of federal reach.

Miners claim they make solar and wind more profitable, I guess they may have a point there. There will always be a buyer of power.

Last edited:

Mujahideen

Owner Operator
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score