• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Crypto is Crashing HARD - opportunity.....

#48Fan

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
What's the dividend return on bitcoin?

When bitcoin fails, what's the breakup value?

...oh, there's NONE of that?

How do you make money on bitcoin?

You find someone to buy it at a higher price, right? And sell to him.
Are you high? What you're describing sounds a lot like PM's as well. So, what's your point?

Casey Jones

Train left the station...
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Are you high? What you're describing sounds a lot like PM's as well. So, what's your point?
Sure.

LINES OF CODE, are just like PMs.

In fact, lines of code are "digital gold." Yeah, heard it before, buddy.

You might want to review "The properties of money." Start at Mises.org.

Money is physical. It's infinitely divisible. It's fungible. It needs no infrastructure for transaction. It cannot be easily duplicated.

Those are five qualities that lines of code LACK.

Gold has proven its use as money for over 4000 years.

Bitcoin has yet to prove it.

newmisty

Transcending the 5 Elements
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Some people make memes, others make money. Miners are making money and have been for a while.
No doubt. I'm just pointing out the obvious psychological angle this whole crypto thing has taken to shamelessly mimic the Constitutional Money jargon/nomenclature the Founding Fathers set forth as the true Legal Tender of our Republic.

For the record I would prefer we stuck with the Constitution, reclaim our sovereignty, repatriate our stolen gold and silver, and with swift authority, bring bold Justice to all of the treasonous swamp creatures that have had any role in harming our country.

Meanwhile the criminal regimes attached to and including the IRS will be dissolved as the Federal reserve waits on deck for our it's long awaited due retribution for its sins against mankind.

Mujahideen

Owner Operator
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
Sure.

Money is physical. It's infinitely divisible. It's fungible. It needs no infrastructure for transaction. It cannot be easily duplicated.

I’ve never used gold to pay a bill or buy anything. I have used fiat.

Gold is a store of value but it is not used in commerce much at all.

When it comes to crypto vs fiat, I have more faith in some cryptos.

Casey Jones

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

I use credit-cards and write checks to pay my expenses.

Does that mean my check is money? Is a credit-card, money?

Is GREEN PAPER money? Or is it scrip, fiat?

How did it get the status it has, what's the history?

(Started as a claim on real money at the Federal Reserve, then a fiat note issued by the NGO de-facto Central Bank...green paper started its life as sight-drafts on Fed gold, and then became fiat, by edict, with few understanding)

Gold endures.

This stuff will not.

1652400660502.png

My checks have direct ties to dollars, and thus, IN DOLLARS, they're good...settled.

My dollars, these days, are backed by my gold in my ...boating accident. When I need dollars to pay the normies, I sell gold. Occasionally I find someone I can deal with in gold. Happened about three times the last ten years...but, normies be normies. They want green paper. They want Snickers bars over a silver bar.

I can't help them.

Nor can I help people with a magical belief in lines of code.

newmisty

Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score

Yeah but if it came down to a beauty contest....
:blond:Gold
:dog: The rest:oriental:

newmisty

Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
I use credit-cards and write checks to pay my expenses.

Does that mean my check is money? Is a credit-card, money?

Is GREEN PAPER money? Or is it scrip, fiat?

How did it get the status it has, what's the history?

(Started as a claim on real money at the Federal Reserve, then a fiat note issued by the NGO de-facto Central Bank...green paper started its life as sight-drafts on Fed gold, and then became fiat, by edict, with few understanding)

Gold endures.

This stuff will not.

View attachment 258863

My checks have direct ties to dollars, and thus, IN DOLLARS, they're good...settled.

My dollars, these days, are backed by my gold in my ...boating accident. When I need dollars to pay the normies, I sell gold. Occasionally I find someone I can deal with in gold. Happened about three times the last ten years...but, normies be normies. They want green paper. They want Snickers bars over a silver bar.

I can't help them.

Nor can I help people with a magical belief in lines of code.
Bro, didn't you get the memo? Pixels are money.

newmisty

Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Bad example.

That dog is beautiful.
Yeah, our emoji selection is rather limited. Figured I'd go with the old expression.

You pointed out I actually hesitated using the dog cuz he's so darn cute. I guess I do owe him an apology. I should have posted the alien or the green face. :sick

#48Fan

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Sure.

I'm only pointing out what you said as it relates to both Bitcoin and gold. Don't go all joeking on me. And which one is up 700% since March 2020? Which one has been a better hedge against inflation? Which one is actually transacted with? Which one is down 70% and still kicking the rest of the markets' butts?

Casey Jones

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Yeah, our emoji selection is rather limited. Figured I'd go with the old expression.

You pointed out I actually hesitated using the dog cuz he's so darn cute. I guess I do owe him an apology. I should have posted the alien or the green face.
:sick

That's a good illustration of how the crypto-bro's are gonna feel when this sled downward, continues.

I've known some crypto-bro's. One kollege kidlet, bought my antique Honda Nighthawk 700SC from me, for close to KBB value. In fairness, it was probably worth what he paid...to someone with a shop. It was in good shape, has historical value...but repairs required a shop and mechanic.

In six months he realized it (this is a small town) and he had it for sale in turn. Easy come (buy at $800 a line; sell at $25k a line, and pay taxes) and easy go (buy a needy old (but beautiful) motorcycle, and realize the downside of ownership).

He was on the ground floor. He's about 22, now...maybe started buying at 14, with lawnmowing money. Paying his overpriced tuition with it. Great. What of all the crypto-bro's he's recruited? This is...not like Amway. It's a thousand times worse than Amway.

Casey Jones

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I'm only pointing out what you said as it relates to both Bitcoin and gold. Don't go all joeking on me. And which one is up 700% since March 2020? Which one has been a better hedge against inflation? Which one is actually transacted with? Which one is down 70% and still kicking the rest of the markets' butts?
I'm not going Joe King on you.

I call them as I see them.

Which one is a better hedge? GOLD, NO F'N DOUBT. My gold, bought in 2007, has almost matched the stonk market. The crypto bubble market has of course beat it...BUT THAT IS NOT REPEATABLE. It's a Greater Fools' Market, and there are no new Greater Fools to buy code at that price.

Deal with it. If you made money on it, that's great...but scams have a SELL BY date, and this one is over.

#48Fan

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
I'm not going Joe King on you.

I call them as I see them.

Which one is a better hedge? GOLD, NO F'N DOUBT. My gold, bought in 2007, has almost matched the stonk market. The crypto bubble market has of course beat it...BUT THAT IS NOT REPEATABLE. It's a Greater Fools' Market, and there are no new Greater Fools to buy code at that price.

Deal with it. If you made money on it, that's great...but scams have a SELL BY date, and this one is over.
Actually, it's only getting started.

2007, eh? What took you so long to figure out PM's?

Last edited:

Casey Jones

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Actually, it's only getting started.
To da MOOON....

Go for it. I'm not a Financial Planner; I hold no licenses; go find a clown with a suit, a tie and a license, and get his advice.

I want no part of that pyramid scheme.

#48Fan

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
To da MOOON....

Go for it. I'm not a Financial Planner; I hold no licenses; go find a clown with a suit, a tie and a license, and get his advice.

I want no part of that pyramid scheme.
Is this the same stuff you spouted about PM's until 2007?

Casey Jones

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Is this the same stuff you spouted about PM's until 2007?
I wasn't here in 2007.

Back prior to that, I was denying the worth of PMs. I was probably, then, the age you probably are, now. I was preaching the secular miracles of the stonk market.

Unca Walt was at a news-related board I hanged out at, and from 2002, we argued constantly about gold. But in 2007, I dipped my toes in the PM market. In 2009, I got cleaned out in stonks. Lost $30k.

I don't think there's any brilliance in being one of the first ones solicited in a pyramid scheme. I was watching this bitcoin scam from the very first. It was so imbecilic - like NFTs now - that I couldn't believe there was ANY future in it.

But then, as P.T. Barnum said...no one ever lost money underestimating the intelligence of the public.

Congrats. Whether you were brilliant or cretinous, I don't know or care. You made money. Savor it.

That scam is OVER. Again...and the proof here is where it's going...who the FUCK is going to buy lines of code at $30k?

That the market is in free-fall, gives you the answer.

#48Fan

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
I wasn't here in 2007.

Back prior to that, I was denying the worth of PMs. I was probably, then, the age you probably are, now. I was preaching the secular miracles of the stonk market.

Unca Walt was at a news-related board I hanged out at, and from 2002, we argued constantly about gold. But in 2007, I dipped my toes in the PM market. In 2009, I got cleaned out in stonks. Lost $30k.

I don't think there's any brilliance in being one of the first ones solicited in a pyramid scheme. I was watching this bitcoin scam from the very first. It was so imbecilic - like NFTs now - that I couldn't believe there was ANY future in it.

But then, as P.T. Barnum said...no one ever lost money underestimating the intelligence of the public.

Congrats. Whether you were brilliant or cretinous, I don't know or care. You made money. Savor it.

That scam is OVER. Again...and the proof here is where it's going...who the FUCK is going to buy lines of code at $30k?

That the market is in free-fall, gives you the answer.
I'll just chalk you down for "Bitcoin is dead" for the eleventy billionth and one time. One day, you'll figure it out.

Casey Jones

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
That's fine.

You won't get me to be one of the Next Round of gulls.

Because pyramid schemes are an old ploy. And this is one.

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
Reaction score
never said it was.

gold wasnt a good buy and hold the day personal ownership was outlawed.

BeefJerky

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
I actually talked with a couple of diehard crypto dudes today. One just threw mid 6 figures in yesterday. He was already in since Bitcoin 10k or so. At one point he was up a multiple of 7x on his initial buys. Includes other cryptos.

Hasn't done anything but buy the dips every time. He is a high earner. I don't know how deep overall he is. I don't like asking stuff like that and only absorb what info is supplied.

Both of these guys are 100% convinced another move to all time highs is around the corner. Why not? Neither one is upside down yet. I have a feeling this time is different. I can't wait to go to lunch with them again in 6 months.

Casey Jones

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
To da MOOON!!

Ride that rocket, if you dare.

I have an idea how it winds up...winds down.

the_shootist

Politically Gender Neutral
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Ahem....
What's a cryptopunk?

Asking for a friend

1652409975145.png

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
What's the dividend return on bitcoin?

When bitcoin fails, what's the breakup value?

...oh, there's NONE of that?

How do you make money on bitcoin?

You find someone to buy it at a higher price, right? And sell to him.

When you buy a line of code for $29,000...who are you gonna find to buy at a HIGHER price? There's kinda a limit to this pyramid, isn't there? Especially now, with the whole of the economy about to collapse.

The money to be made...HAS BEEN made. Recent buyers, made it for the ground-floor hustlers.

The ones who buy at the top of the market...have a name. They're "gulls." They got cleaned out. They provided the money for the people who wrote the code or bought in at $10.

I suggest you go clean out APMEX then. You do know they accept Bitcoin right?

Lancers32

You know...the thing
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
2000 the dot.com Super Bowl 2022 the Crypto Super Bowl.

Juristic Person

They drew first blood
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Crashing crypto is good news that's long overdue. People need to get back to work with productive pursuits. Early players won the lottery and no longer feel the need to actually produce anything. And they've been consuming more only because they can afford it. Small wonder there is a supply crunch. And the ridiculous waste of power to do their 'mining'...
Definitely contributing to the labor shortage. People don't want to work.

Juristic Person

They drew first blood
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Two good questions. I got two answers (not really as good, but good enuf fer me) :

1. They are both ephemeral. The equivalent of morning mist. They can both disappear ANY day without warning. One always has done this.

2. The future of currency/transactions depends very, very heavily on just how determined/desperate the Cabal is to reach their goal. So the question should be modified to: Do you think there is a future of any currency/transactions besides digital, fiat, other than PM's?

I wish I had blown off the scheduled purchase of some junk silver just once to "waste" $10 back 13 years ago. If I had, today I could make a significant addition to replace my lake losses. And that is what I would do.

Juristic Person: IMO, you are spot on correct. <-- BUT! Only in your unchanging monetary/business world. Your logic (within the strict parameters of continued "normalism" of world society) is quite persuasive.

It is my opinion the human race is on the cusp of the largest, most impactful change since the Black Plague. It could be good, even great. It could be horrible beyond comprehension (hemorrhagic fever developed/released already from the labs).

In sum, it is my guess that Bitcoin has a "window" of fantastic viability. It is in that window as you read this. But that window can close forever in seconds from something as banal as a Carrington Event. <-- Zerio electrical stuff including infrastructure gone. Or from something even more probable and far worse than a civilization-destroying CE: Nuclear war. It IS being threatened as you read this, also. Those are the endpoints. I hope we do not see them. And if we do not, we still have the digital manipulation in stocks, etc.

I would get out of the window while it is still open.
Appreciate your feedback. I guess all I can say here is that if we have something similar to a Carrington Event on a grand scale, losing your Bitcoin should be the least of your worries.

Mujahideen

Owner Operator
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
Appreciate your feedback. I guess all I can say here is that if we have something similar to a Carrington Event on a grand scale, losing your Bitcoin should be the least of your worries.

As if cash or gold is going to somehow be of use when we are all killing each other.

Crypto doesn’t stop anyone from prepping.

If anything, it should be a part of it. One should be prepared to be able to move part of their wealth digitally if necessary. Your wealth can be physically stolen from you. It is something to consider. I wouldn’t put all the eggs in one basket.

The people in Ukraine who fled to other countries were basically at the other countries mercy. If you have gold it could get taken, if you have money in the bank it can be frozen. Crypto is just another tool.

Last edited:

newmisty

Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
So funny how ingrained the "Mad Max EOTW, zombie apocalypse, everyone shooting each other for food" fantasy has become in people's minds.

Kill your TV

Mujahideen

Owner Operator
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
So funny how ingrained the "Mad Max EOTW, zombie apocalypse, everyone shooting each other for food" fantasy has become in people's minds.

Kill your TV

I live in the city where people are killed for less than food. I can’t imagine how bad things would be without electricity anywhere. We would definitely be killing over water and with no power no clean water running to the house.

newmisty

Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
I live in the city where people are killed for less than food. I can’t imagine how bad things would be without electricity anywhere.
Sorry to hear that. Do you ponder moving to a safer, more prosperous environment?

Mujahideen

Owner Operator
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score

newmisty

Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score

Mujahideen

Owner Operator
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
Right on. I'll be rooting for you when your defending your ice cream and chili dogs.

Don’t root for me, if it’s bad enough I’ll be headed to get your supplies.