• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Democrats made America

Seeker
Seeker
Reaction score
Senator Eli May Saulsbury (1817-1893), Dover Delaware, Democrat.

Tuesday, January 10, 1871.
Senate of the United States

it is not the first time that I have heard gentlemen on this floor seek refuge from their positions by an attempted assault upon the Democratic party. Sir, that party can survive. Such assaults have been made on the Democratic party from its origin to the present time. When it first arose men were found to speak as disrespectfully of the Democratic party as the Senator from Kansas speaks to-day. Throughout its whole progress from its birth, during all its continuance in power, when it was carrying the banner of constitutional government and civil liberty throughout all the States and over all this continent, when the greatest minds this country ever produced were its champions, there were men either upwilling or incapable of appreciating its glorious mission.

Where, let me ask the Senator, would this country have been had it not been for the Democratic party ? What is that new fledgling to which he belongs ? The party of yesterday, a mushroom which sprung up only a few years ago, to go out of existence in 1872 and be remembered with the things that were, and that were to the disgrace and the destruction of the American Government. What has it ever done for this country ? It has never added a foot of territory to it, and now seeks to add a free negro soil, a little piece of territory called Dominica; to buy an earthquake and say that they have done something for the country ! They have subverted every principle of the Constitution which guaranties civil liberty and the rights of the States, and have gone against the decrees of God Almighty Himself by attempting to drag down the noble white man to the degraded level of the negro; or else, worse and more impotent, to elevate that inferior being to the proud, noble, dignified position of the white man. That has been the mission of this party. The one great idea which has governed it from its inception, and which I suppose will continue to govern it while it shall exist, has been war upon the fundamental principles of the Government under which its members were born, under which they lived, and war upon the decrees of God Almighty, who, until they came into power, had been the protector, the guardian of the American people, and who, in His wisdom and benevolence, raised up this country to be a light and an example to all the nations of the earth, and who vouchsafed his guidance to that old Democratic party which has made the country all that it is that is glorious, which has made it all that was noble in the past, and which, on its reaccession to power in 1872, will, as far as any human instrumentality can, restore the Government to its former condition of freedom, happiness, and renown.

jrog100

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
I agree with your thread title. Slavery did a lot to move america into the industrial revolution and that's 100% the democrats doing. They even started the civil war to protect their right to humanity slaves. we also have the democrats to thank for our clad coinage. Thanks democrats!:2 thumbs up:

the_shootist

I identify as fully vaccinated so I'm good!
Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
Abolishing the Democratic and Republican parties in this country is the only way to remove all the bad apples. Both parties are corrupt to the core and complicit in treason and undermining of the country. Anyone who aligns them self with any established US political party is, IMHO, part of the problem.

Voting the way they set it up NEVER worked for the people, just for them!

chieftain

Too much pawpcorn
Reaction score
The problem in the current paradigm with that shooty is that it opens the door to a single party to come through and destroy what's left of the republic.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
The problem in the current paradigm with that shooty is that it opens the door to a single party to come through and destroy what's left of the republic.
Or perhaps a single movement to take back what we as Americans have lost to the communists. What first must happen is the total destruction of the current corrupt system. America needs to go back to the rule of freedom backed by black, killy looking AR15 muskets!!

chieftain

Too much pawpcorn
Reaction score
Or perhaps a single movement to take back what we as Americans have lost to the communists. What first must happen is the total destruction of the current corrupt system. America needs to go back to the rule of freedom backed by black, killy looking AR15 muskets!!

There aren't enough people (yet) for that sort of play to become possible shooty.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
There aren't enough people (yet) for that sort of play to become possible shooty.
I'm thinking if what we see happening with this election audit plus all the shit re: Wuhan, Obama, Fauci and Biden's illicit dealings in Ukraine, if that isn't enough to get enough people fired up the situation is indeed hopeless. I'm really trying to avoid allowing 'hopeless' to creep into my mind these days

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Abolishing the Democratic and Republican parties in this country is the only way to remove all the bad apples. Both parties are corrupt to the core and complicit in treason and undermining of the country. Anyone who aligns them self with any established US political party is, IMHO, part of the problem.

Parties are just organizational structures.

Replace these parties, and the perps and bad actors just move to what parties replace them.

BAN parties, and there is no structure for running organized elections - that is, crafting a message, raising money to get that message out. It would create a vacuum into which government would rapidly rush. So you'd have the Government party, and only one.

Parties have always been fluid, and in many eras vague, about what they stand for. The Republican Party was once the liberal party - it began with a vision of sweeping change, of abolishing slavery. Moral and right, but it had the weight of 200 years of American and pre-American tradition against it.

Theodore Roosevelt, an open man of the Left, was a Republican. The Democrats of that era were the elderly, immobile, tradition-bound. And, of course, corrupt and racist.

Things changed, as the Republicans came to embrace the best of our Founding Principles. The Democrat party, which essentially has no principles, found itself taken over by the Frankfurt School types and the Radical Left. It was an easy takeover, as what the Democrats crave is POWER.

But abolishing these parties as they are, will achieve as much as abolishing the Federalist and Whig parties, accomplished.

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
Reaction score
The way to destroy/reform the current system is to return power to the Sovereign States, where it originally lay.

Amendment 17 needs to be ditched; and voting, procedure and qualification, again made the total choice of each State.

These will not happen without a Constitutional Amendment; and that will not happen out of Congress. It will take an Article V Convention to do it, and too many sham-conservatives are throwing roadblocks up and seeding false fear over that.

I think that train has left the station, frankly. So that leaves one option, short of going full Jacobin: That is, organized State Secession.

ToBeSelfEvident

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
Get rid of politicians completely. Their only job is to write laws, but they make bad law which only favors their friends. Let the people write the laws and the "social contract" might even become a real thing. At least regular people would be able ro read and understand the law without the secret decoder ring of a law degree. You'd also have a LOT fewer laws, since most are currently written to favor one industry or donor.

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Anarchy has never worked, and for obvious reasons.

For the same reason Defund-The-Police doesn't work.

....yeah, yeah. I listened to Stefan Molyneaux' podcasts before he got spanked by Gurgle and had to start speaking in code. Maybe anarchy would work in a world full of Stefan Molyneauxes. But few are as intelligent or as disciplined as he is - and somehow he fails to realize that, and understand that the AVERAGE schlub cannot help but abuse such formless freedom.

Or perhaps he does, but is playing a game I don't understand. No matter; a world without government is impossible. Jefferson, Madison, Hamilton, and Adams understood that, and even quickly discussed it in preparing the Constitution.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
They don't even do that. Since the 90's at some point, all legislation is written out of K-Street.
The only laws that seems to get enacted seem to be EOs these days. Congress is useless. A useless collection of idiots...every single one of them!

engineear

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
The Wild West worked....if you weren't native.
Talk about social justice...get in an argument and...see you in the middle of town at noon...dont show and the town will know you're a yellow belly pussy!!!...for life!!....and thus started a new social order...sissyfied males were acceptable.

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
Reaction score
The only laws that seems to get enacted seem to be EOs these days. Congress is useless. A useless collection of idiots...every single one of them!
That has happened before, also - in Rome. As Julius Caesar made his "Dictator" status permanent ("Dictators" in Rome were emergency leaders with a time frame, to streamline government and military authority)...the Senate became a social club, of drunken, sexually-deviant, feckless Elites.

The exact same thing is happening here, except that Bidet is no Julius Caesar. He's not even Caligula - he's an empty vessel, a puppet. We don't KNOW who is pulling his strings.

viking

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Runoff elections, so you can vote outside the two parties without worrying that you are “throwing” your vote away by voting third parties.

ZZZZZ

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score

There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties . . . This, in my humble apprehension, is to be dreaded as the greatest political evil under our Constitution. John Adams in a letter to Jonathan Jackson, 1780

the_shootist

Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties . . . This, in my humble apprehension, is to be dreaded as the greatest political evil under our Constitution. John Adams in a letter to Jonathan Jackson, 1780

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
Reaction score
I've studied on that, over the years; and I've come to my own conviction that was Adams and the others were worried about, was not parties, per se, but divisions. A divided people is what they dreaded - one reason the Founders exiled the Loyalists to the land north of the Great Lakes.

The two parties emerged (and fell [Federalists] and split [original Antifederalists/Republicans, splitting into National Republicans and Democratic Republicans]) as ways to organize citizens into campaigning bodies. But they were bland, flexible, similar...and their positions changed. Sometimes, like the National Republicans/Whigs, they faded into irrelevance.

This desperate quest to avoid the empowerment of parties and make divisiveness not-workable, is why the Framers AVOIDED a parliamentary structure - one where Congress' seats would be awarded by party based on voter percentage. Such a system ensures that Third Parties get proportioned legislative seats. It also ensures divisiveness, as Third Parties try to make factions with minority voices to ram agenda items through. Think, Europe - and the fragile, unstable governments there.

Ours is one where we vote for the man, not the party; and up until 20 years ago, it worked reasonably well. Yes, the great minds of the eras were often shut out. Also, the weak or destructive voices were marginalized. Only a system such as ours could have survived both G.H.W. Bush's fecklessness and Bubba Erectile's moral bankruptcy.

Our success is based, not on what great things government lets its leaders do, but how it BLOCKS the evil and vapid persons who will slither in. In other words, our greatness had always bypassed our government - and now that our government blocks private-citizen accomplishment, we are no longer great.

Seeker
Seeker
Reaction score
The 13th amendment would have made slavery a fixture in the constitution.
Article 13. No amendment shall be made to the Constitution which will authorize or give to Congress the power to abolish or interfere, within any State, with the domestic institutions thereof, including that of persons held to labor or service by the laws of said State.

The proposed amendment, offered by Thomas Corwin(1794-1865) one time Secretary of the Treasury(1850-1853), passed the House 133:65, and the Senate 24:12. It was signed by President Buchanan as one of his last official acts, and accepted and indorsed by Lincoln in his inaugural address. Lincoln's Secretary of State, William Seward, transmitted the amendment to the several States for their action. Had the war not broken out, there is little doubt that the required three-fourth of the member States would have made it part of the Constitution.

If Lincoln, Seward and the northern member States didn't care enough about slavery to make it a cause for war, there must have been some other reason for the war.

Four years later, after he was installed as President for the second time, Lincoln still didn't consider the state of negroes an issue, he wanted to restore the Union on white bases. On Tuesday evening, April 11, 1865, Abraham Lincoln made his last public address, reading to his listeners a carefully written paper, which was almost entirely devoted to a discussion of the question of reconstruction as recommended in his various official documents, and as practically tried in the Louisiana experiment.
if we reject, and spurn them, we do our utmost to disorganize and disperse them. We in effect say to the white men "You are worthless, or worse ---we will neither help you, nor be helped by you." To the blacks we say "This cup of liberty which these, your old masters, hold to your lips, we will dash from you, and leave you to the chances of gathering the spilled and scattered contents in some vague and undefined when, where, and how." If this course, discouraging and paralyzing both white and black, has any tendency to bring Louisiana into proper practical relations with the Union, I have, so far, been unable to perceive it. If, on the contrary, we recognize, and sustain the new government of Louisiana the converse of all this is made true. We encourage the hearts, and nerve the arms of the twelve thousand to adhere to their work, and argue for it, and proselyte for it, and fight for it, and feed it, and grow it, and ripen it to a complete success. The colored man too, in seeing all united for him, is inspired with vigilance, and energy, and daring, to the same end. Grant that he desires the elective franchise, will he not attain it sooner by saving the already advanced steps toward it, than by running backward over them ? Concede that the new government of Louisiana is only to what it should be as the egg is to the fowl, we shall sooner have the fowl by hatching the egg than by smashing it ?
A few days later the Republicans removed Lincoln from their way of progress.