• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Deutsche Bank...ruh roh

Strawboss

Home Improvement Sales Trainee...
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
"Assuming that a potential merger between Deutsche Bank and fellow German lender Commerzbank was the primary subject of these 23 meetings (roughly one every two weeks) is hardly a stretch, given the German Finance Ministry's openly pushing for such a merger. DB's CEO and Chairman attended 12 meetings between them."

It's my understanding that the word "merger" is a euphemism for "we're so far upside down that the bottom looks like up"... i.e., bankrupt...

ZZZZZ

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Angie will have to nationalize Douche Bank, triggering the collapse of the Euro and financial chaos that will make 2008 look like a Boy Scout picnic.

Strawboss

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter

Cigarlover

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
It's news like this that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy knowing my gold and silver is safe at the bottom of my pond. All of the people that looked at me funny over the years when I said I pulled my money our of the bank in 08 and never looked back, They will finally get it.

chomper

Purveyor of Filth
Silver Miner
People don't seem to realise, triggering "only" 3-4% of the CDS's is enough to destroy the entire monetary system of the world on notional value alone. There isn't enough of all the currencies combined to cover that sort of action.

Uglytruth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Yellow vests are trying to speed it up!

madhu

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Deutsh bank may not be alone in this criminal wizardry. All other banks must be doing shades of the same activity and stuffing there losses in subsidiary banks until they get caught. Circular round trading creates artificial demand for increasingly worthless stocks, commodities.

Strawboss

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Deutsh bank may not be alone in this criminal wizardry. All other banks must be doing shades of the same activity and stuffing there losses in subsidiary banks until they get caught. Circular round trading creates artificial demand for increasingly worthless stocks, commodities.
True...however...

Deutsche Bank is special...

They hold the distinction of having the greatest amount of derivative exposure on their balance sheet of any large financial institution in the world. And a significant number of those derivatives are "over the counter (OTC)" meaning that there is no centralized clearing and that these contracts are specific performance in nature and its anyones guess how they are structured or what will trigger them or what their duration is.

The talking heads would like you to believe that all these derivatives would simply net each other out and no big deal. Thats not the nature of OTC contracts. In fact - centralized clearing is specifically designed to remove the risks that OTC derivatives cause.

Think about that for a second...

And their share price suggests that things arent so rosy all in all...

One of these days DB is gonna go...

BOOM!
BOOM!
BOOM!
BOOM!

And shortly thereafter - life as we know it will suddenly change...for the worse.

ZZZZZ

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I just had a thought, what if the EU only exists to prop up DB...
Well, the EU has been around for a long time, since at least 1957, depending on how "EU" is defined.

I'd be a little more specific and say , the Bundesbank "only exists to prop up DB" (and other similar time bombs with short fuses).

gnome

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Trump and Kushner are hundreds of millions in debt to Deutsche Bank.