• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Digital currency industry melts down ahead of key EU vote on non-custodial wallets

ds_mustang

Libertarian, Capitalist, Software guy
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
They can take my wallet when they pry it from my cold dead hands. And they still won't have the passphrase to access it.

the_shootist

Politically Gender Neutral
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
They can't take my wallet if I don't have one

1648828360727.png

Someone_else

Platinum Bling
Sr Midas Sup +++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I understand a hot wallet, a cold wallet, and allowing an exchange to manage the "coins". But I don't think they explained what they mean by a "non-custodial" wallet.

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Generally speaking, a non-custodial wallet would refer to one in which the wallet provider does not have control of the private keys linked to the cryptos in that wallet and therefore does not have ownership/control of those cryptos.

Communists naturally dislike it when you've control over your own assets as it makes it more difficult for them to rob you.

ZZZZZ

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
This is like saying you can't stuff cash in your mattress.

ds_mustang

Libertarian, Capitalist, Software guy
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
I understand a hot wallet, a cold wallet, and allowing an exchange to manage the "coins". But I don't think they explained what they mean by a "non-custodial" wallet.
A non-custodial wallet is one you control yourself. As opposed to keeping your crypto on an exchange and letting the exchange hold them for you.

It's like they passed a law saying you can't hold gold yourself but have to keep it in a bullion bank.

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
The EU is destroying itself from within. Good freaking riddance.