• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

dividend stocks

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Not real impressive unless they are just paying way too much in dividends.
That's exactly what they do. It's an income fund, not a growth fund. They aim for a stable share price and maximum yield...which is 13.52% currently btw. IMO, it's one of the most impressive funds around, for those seeking stable prices and maximum income.

The share price holds up like a tank while the QQQs get massacred, so when it's cheap it's a screaming buy. That's why if I were seeking income(I'm not currently), then I'd be selling out-of-the-money puts on that thing all day long to generate income. If/when the price actually falls enough, then someone out there will be collecting one last dividend and then dumping 100 shares on you, for which you've already made a down payment.

EO 11110

(globohomo) reproduction plan
Survivor
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
solarion - is the stock a good buy here - for someone that doesnt do options?

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
solarion - is the stock a good buy here - for someone that doesnt do options?
I'd like it a whole lot better below 20. That's why I'd greatly prefer to sell puts with a 19.5 strike to generate income if it doesn't get that low.

If options were off the table(ugh), I wouldn't buy here. I'd probably put in buy orders under 20, and look for big dips on market wipeouts.

1645118698702.png

Top holdings are:

Apple, Microsoft, Amazon, Tesla, google, etc. Ya know, sacred cows of the nasdaq which haven't really suffered all that much, but may well see some pain in the near term, particularly ahead of the next scheduled fed meeting.

Edit: Down to a low of 20.04 so far today(2/18/22)...getting there. Hard to say how much damage the federal reserve criminals well allow equity markets to sustain before riding in with their debt dollar printing machine though.

Last edited:

MrLucky

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
Out of KO.

MrLucky

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
Missed the high by $0.30. I had a sell order sitting out there GTC figuring it was coming. Still happy. Looking for the next.

MrLucky

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
I think the dividends from QYLD are not qualified dividends.

chris_is_here

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
Loaded up on NPK on Friday during the bloodbath. Bought small blocks all day on each downdraft.

NPK is issuing a dividend of $4.50, x-dividend date is next Monday, the 28th. The interesting thing about plays like this, if the stock drops sufficiently prior to x-dividend date, it may pay to actually hold through that date, as the price may even rise (seen this many times).

2022 has not been kind to me, but I'm hoping to get some momentum back this spring.

EO 11110

Survivor
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Loaded up on NPK on Friday during the bloodbath. Bought small blocks all day on each downdraft.

NPK is issuing a dividend of $4.50, x-dividend date is next Monday, the 28th. The interesting thing about plays like this, if the stock drops sufficiently prior to x-dividend date, it may pay to actually hold through that date, as the price may even rise (seen this many times).

2022 has not been kind to me, but I'm hoping to get some momentum back this spring.

thanks for the info. hadnt heard of them before. funny that they pay a single yearly dividend, like the euro companies

stoli

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Wow. Just went to there web site. They do this extra divi every year.

Just might buy me a few shares

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Interesting small float stock. A once a year dividend makes it easy to trade to try and capture the dividend. Earnings dropped by almost half this year due to margins being hurt by shipping and material costs.

Last edited:

chris_is_here

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
Interesting small float stock. A once a year dividend makes it easy to trade to try and capture the dividend. Earnings dropped by almost half this year due to margins being hurt by shipping and material cost

Just as a follow-up, SeekingAlpha just released a bullish article on NPK, talk about timing.

Here is the text of it, for those of you interested. Also, I'll post my buys/sells on here, just for reference, it will be interesting to compare notes...

National Presto Industries: Still Appealing Despite Recent Troubles​

Feb. 20, 2022 8:55 PM ETNational Presto Industries, Inc. (NPK)1 Comment

Summary​

• National Presto Industries has not performed all that well as of late, both from a share price perspective and fundamentally.
  • The company is experiencing some pain on its top and bottom lines that definitely affects the firm's value near term.
  • This has also hurt its distribution, but shares still make sense for the long haul.
  • Looking for a helping hand in the market? Members of Crude Value Insights get exclusive ideas and guidance to navigate any climate. Learn More »

Homemade Pecan Waffles on White Countertop

DiAnna Paulk/iStock via Getty Images

When it comes to small, diverse companies, one of the most interesting on my radar is a firm called National Presto Industries (NPK). In addition to selling houseware products, the company also works in the defense segment for the U.S. military. As a smaller operation, the company also has a segment dedicated to the manufacturer of things like fire extinguishers and early warning systems. These three units are quite a departure from one another, but it makes the company an interesting prospect. Another benefit for shareholders is that the company has generally been a fairly stable enterprise in terms of both the revenue it generates and its cash flows. With these cash flows, the company has historically paid out a small, consistent dividend. Plus it has also paid out large special dividends that make the yield for investors quite appealing. Recently, the company has experienced some pains caused by supply chain issues and other factors. And because of this, shares are not priced as attractively as they once were. But even with these temporary issues, the company should make an interesting prospect for long-term, income-seeking, value-oriented investors.

Times have been a bit tough​

The last time I wrote an article about National Presto Industries was in September of 2021. At that time, I called the company a reasonably priced firm and I specifically called out its yield as being attractive. Ultimately, I rated the company a bullish prospect, which would convert today to a ‘buy’ rating on Seeking Alpha. Since then, the company has not performed exceptionally well, but it hasn't been awful either. While the S&P 500 has achieved a return of 0.9%, National Presto Industries has experienced a loss of 2.6%.

This modest decline in share price is not without cause. You see, when I last wrote about the business, we only had data through the first half of the company's 2021 fiscal year. At that time, cash flows were marginally lower than they were a year earlier, but revenue for that year-to-date period was up 10.1%. Supply chain issues were affecting the business but the overall picture was robust and the expectation was that these supply chain problems would not persist for an extended time.

Historical Financials
Author - SEC EDGAR Data

Fast forward to today, and we have more data about the company and about the economy more broadly. Revenue for the company has remained strong, totaling $255.37 million for the first nine months of 2021. That is up 3.5% over the $246.71 million generated one year earlier. However, that came as total revenue in the third quarter dropped by 7.1%, falling from $93.94 million to $87.23 million. Not only that, management has provided some details covering the fourth quarter of the year. In that quarter, revenue came in at $100.41 million, representing a year-over-year drop of 5.2% over the $105.92 million achieved in the final quarter of 2020. Although the company claims to have benefited from higher revenue in the Defense segment, the Housewares segment saw a revenue decline driven by the supply chain problems affecting the country. And the nascent Safety segment also was challenged by these problems. To make matters worse, management is anticipating a challenging 2022, but has not provided any detailed guidance on what the year might look like.

The troubles for the business have not just been on the top line. They have also been on the bottom line. Recall that in the first half of 2021, net income for the business was down by 12.4%. For the full 2021 fiscal year, now, that decline is 45.4%. Profits totaled just $4.1 million in the third quarter of the year, down from $12.2 million one year earlier. And they were a paltry $3.3 million in the final quarter compared to the nearly $14 million the company reported one year earlier. Management said that operating profits were down across the board, with COVID-19 policies playing a significant part in the company's issues. Other factors included a less favorable product mix and inefficiencies resulting from labor shortages and delays in securing materials associated with the Defense segment. Other segments also suffered from supply chain issues from a profitability perspective, with inflation negatively affecting the company's ability to operate. All of these problems have caused management to reduce the effective annual distribution the company pays out, inclusive of the special dividend, to just $4.50 per share. That compares to the $6.25 per share the company paid out in 2021.

Historical Financials
Author - SEC EDGAR Data

Based on all this data, investors might consider running for the hills. But that would probably be a mistake. Keep in mind that all of these problems are transitory in nature. Though it may take another year, they will eventually subside. Certainly, on a price-to-earnings basis, the company has suffered. While the price to earnings multiple of the business, using data from 2020, would have been 12.3, that multiple for the 2021 fiscal year would be 22.5. But beyond that, the pricing of the company has not changed radically. The EV to EBITDA multiple for the business has risen some, climbing from 7.7 to 10.8. But even with that move, the multiple is not particularly high. Particularly noteworthy is the fact that the price to adjusted operating cash flow multiple remains flat at 11.8. As a note, while the company has provided detailed earnings data for the full 2021 fiscal year, I extrapolated out operating cash flow and EBITDA for the purpose of evaluating the business. So there could be some variability there if a big surprise pops up in the final quarter that management has not detailed. The other thing to be mindful of is that while the yield of the company is no longer the 7.7% that it was if we used the data from 2021, it is still a respectable 5.6% at current pricing.

Trading Multiples
Author - SEC EDGAR Data

Takeaway​

Based on the data provided, I will say that I am rather disappointed with how the second half of the 2021 fiscal year worked out for National Presto Industries. Having said that, it's important to know that these issues are temporary in nature and that the company likely will remain robust for the foreseeable future. The firm has no debt on hand and enjoys cash of $115.52 million. That means that about 19.8% of the company's market value is just in excess cash. Though I would still prefer that management use the distributions it pays out to grow strategically, I have no other problems with the company as a long-term prospect. Shares are not remarkably cheap by any means. But I would say they still are reasonably priced for what investors will receive in return.
Crude Value Insights offers you an investing service and community focused on oil and natural gas. We focus on cash flow and the companies that generate it, leading to value and growth prospects with real potential.
Subscribers get to use a 50+ stock model account, in-depth cash flow analyses of E&P firms, and live chat discussion of the sector.
This article was written by
Daniel Jones profile picture
Daniel Jones
21.12K Followers
Author of Crude Value Insights
Robust cash flow analyses of oil and gas companies
Daniel is currently the manager of Avaring Capital Advisors, LLC, a registered investment advisor that oversees one hedge fund, and he runs Crude Value Insights, a value-oriented newsletter aimed at analyzing the cash flows and assessing the value of companies in the oil and gas space. His primary focus is on finding businesses that are trading at a significant discount to their intrinsic value by employing a combination of Benjamin Graham's investment philosophy and a contrarian approach to the market and the securities therein.
Show more
Follow
Disclosure: I/we have no stock, option or similar derivative position in any of the companies mentioned, and no plans to initiate any such positions within the next 72 hours. I wrote this article myself, and it expresses my own opinions. I am not receiving compensation for it (other than from Seeking Alpha). I have no business relationship with any company whose stock is mentioned in this article.

1 Comment
Comment
Get alerts on
NPK - National Presto Industries, Inc.

2.36K Followers

Recommended For You​

Martin Marietta Materials: Still Solid, But Still Pricey As Well

Daniel Jones

EO 11110

Survivor
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
presto got hurt by the 'instant pot' marketing campaign, no? that gimmick/hype sucked a lot of demand away from that biz line. the private equity vipers that own instant pot got 'em good

MrLucky

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
KHC's been on a tear. Shoulda, woulda, coulda bought more at the last dip. Oh well. Still a good 4% div at current price of $39.72.

edit: KHC was accidentally noted as KO.

Last edited:

chris_is_here

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
Screwed up day today, my account dropped $5k in pre-market, I was $62 away from a margin call, which would have meant liquidating positions at the bottom. Everything recovered and my positions all ended green. Tomorrow should be interesting. NPK was up nice today, hoping for a big pre-dividend pop tomrrow.

EO 11110

Survivor
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Out of NPK at $84,22, I made the equivalent of the dividend without the risk of the x-dividend drop.

love doing that. esp when i can do it multiple times between dividends. i need to count it up and post it, but i've made about 6 to 10 dividend equivalents on store capital this month. buy/sell buy/sell buy/sell.....

no tax crap - love trading in a roth ira :)

specsaregood

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
A royalty company I've been sitting on for a couple years: KRP
Has had a good month, up about 20% this month.
It pays a variable rate but around 8%+ and most of the dividends are taxfree and will be for a couple more years.

I'm not sure I'd buy big right now, but its worth watching/looking into. I always come away from their conference calls with the impression that they really know the industry.
these guys have done me right for a couple years now. This week they spawned some spac thing which seems bad or unnecessary to me; but the market liked it.

EO 11110

Survivor
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
these guys have done me right for a couple years now. This week they spawned some spac thing which seems bad or unnecessary to me; but the market liked it.

i bought a little kimbrell today. didnt know about the spac deal. i have a bigger stake in bsm - another mineral rights player

cant read the link - pay wall

specsaregood

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
i bought a little kimbrell today. didnt know about the spac deal. i have a bigger stake in bsm - another mineral rights player

Protip: quickly hit the print view before the paywall popup and it will load in the print preview completely.

the spac thing seems like it could become shady. They were already an acquisition company, why the spac?
the article:
  • An indirect subsidiary of Kimbell Royalty Partners LP, SPAC Kimbell Tiger Acquisition Corporation (TGR.U) has priced its initial publicoffering of 20M units at $10.00 per unit.
  • Trading commences today on NYSE.
  • Each unit consists of one share of Class A common stock and one-half of one redeemable warrant at $11.50 per share.
  • The company intends to search for a target in the energy and natural resources industry in North America.
  • The company is led by CEO Zachary Lunn, who currently works at Cobra Oil & Gas; Chairman Robert Ravnaas, who is currently CEO of the general partner of Kimbell Royalty Partners (NYSE: KRP); and Controller Blayne Rhynsburger, who is currently Controller of the general partner of KRP.
  • Sponsor Kimbell Royalty Partner is expected to own 20% of TGR's issued and outstanding common stock.

EO 11110

Survivor
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Protip: quickly hit the print view before the paywall popup and it will load in the print preview completely.

the spac thing seems like it could become shady. They were already an acquisition company, why the spac?
the article:
  • An indirect subsidiary of Kimbell Royalty Partners LP, SPAC Kimbell Tiger Acquisition Corporation (TGR.U) has priced its initial publicoffering of 20M units at $10.00 per unit.
  • Trading commences today on NYSE.
  • Each unit consists of one share of Class A common stock and one-half of one redeemable warrant at $11.50 per share.
  • The company intends to search for a target in the energy and natural resources industry in North America.
  • The company is led by CEO Zachary Lunn, who currently works at Cobra Oil & Gas; Chairman Robert Ravnaas, who is currently CEO of the general partner of Kimbell Royalty Partners (NYSE: KRP); and Controller Blayne Rhynsburger, who is currently Controller of the general partner of KRP.
  • Sponsor Kimbell Royalty Partner is expected to own 20% of TGR's issued and outstanding common stock.

great tip. is print view on the website?

the spac deal might be okay. maybe they did that so they didnt have to borrow money or dilute krp shareholders

i dont like the ceo and controller of the general partner focusing on their new toy

take a look at bsm. i dug into it pretty good. they heavily hedge their oil/gas prices though....which is a drag when oil is up

chris_is_here

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score

BSM went x-divy on the 15th, hope you captured the dvi? They have one hell of a yield for a minerals company.

EO 11110

Survivor
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
BSM went x-divy on the 15th, hope you captured the dvi? They have one hell of a yield for a minerals company.

yup, i bought it hard in january. it's in a taxable acct, plan on holding it for years. the map of their properties is incredible

1645891301797.png

MrLucky

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
I admit to knowing absolutely nothing about bsm. Seems to rather volatile though. Up $0.48 on Friday but after hours, down $0.69. Any idea what's happening here?

EO 11110

Survivor
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
I admit to knowing absolutely nothing about bsm. Seems to rather volatile though. Up $0.48 on Friday but after hours, down $0.69. Any idea what's happening here?

nothing much happening. they own a lot of mineral rights and sometimes partner with drillers/producers to extract the oil from their reserves. they hedge like crazy - which is great when hydrocarbons are down....but hurts when they are up

activity on their 'land' is on the climb

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Oil spiked up to 100 bux a barrel with the Ukraine invasion and has since pulled back to roughly 92. Ask me, it's heading much higher, as are every other form of energy. Uranium, thus far has barely moved, and that's where I'm placing bets.

For people looking for yield and potential large capital gains...that have a healthy tolerance for risk. I would suggest the RSX ETF. It's been royally spanked(-53%) with Russian economic woes and the commencement of hostilities, but it's loaded with some of the most undervalued commodity(energy/mineral) plays on the planet...and currently yields 9.76%. I would suggest building a position over time consisting of 100 share blocks, and then selling options around that position to jack up yield even further.

Selling out of the money puts appears particularly interesting as bargain shoppers will flood in after some of the uncertainty abates.

Edit: ...or the stupid bankster dummies in Brussels, London, Ottawa, and DC could further weaponize the swift system by cutting off select Russian banks economically. Stupid stupid stupid. Anyway, this move should cause more downside in Russian equities and further accelerate worldwide de-dollarization.

Last edited:

specsaregood

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
great tip. is print view on the website?
yep, see attached screenshot. You have to hit the print icon -> with comments or without before the popup window loads. if it loads, just reload the page and do it quicker next time. you can even print it to a pdf if you really want a copy to read at your leisure.

Attachments

• sapv1.jpg
    sapv1.jpg
    534 KB · Views: 14

EO 11110

Survivor
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
yep, see attached screenshot. You have to hit the print icon -> with comments or without before the popup window loads. if it loads, just reload the page and do it quicker next time. you can even print it to a pdf if you really want a copy to read at your leisure.

Bitcoin is being tied to volatility in the equity markets for the first time ever, so it's not moving as it should be. Bank seizures in Canada should have had bitcoin screaming higher, yet it doesn't seem to care all the sudden. This correlation will end, and when it does bitcoin will react violently upward...imo. Meanwhile avoid it like the plague.

We can test this theory easily, because bitcoin never stops trading, but the rigged equity markets do. Bitcoin is down 3.46% in the past 24h right now, while US equity futures are not yet trading. If this correlation holds up, then equity futures should open significantly lower.

thanks a million! cant count how many times i wanted to read one of their articles and got blocked

EO 11110

Survivor
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Oil spiked up to 100 bux a barrel with the Ukraine invasion and has since pulled back to roughly 92. Ask me, it's heading much higher, as are every other form of energy. Uranium, thus far has barely moved, and that's where I'm placing bets.

For people looking for yield and potential large capital gains...that have a healthy tolerance for risk. I would suggest the RSX ETF. It's been royally spanked(-53%) with Russian economic woes and the commencement of hostilities, but it's loaded with some of the most undervalued commodity(energy/mineral) plays on the planet...and currently yields 9.76%. I would suggest building a position over time consisting of 100 share blocks, and then selling options around that position to jack up yield even further.

Selling out of the money puts appears particularly interesting as bargain shoppers will flood in after some of the uncertainty abates.

Edit: ...or the stupid bankster dummies in Brussels, London, Ottawa, and DC could further weaponize the swift system by cutting off select Russian banks economically. Stupid stupid stupid. Anyway, this move should cause more downside in Russian equities and further accelerate worldwide de-dollarization.

i'm down with this. except not the options part. i'll creep into a position if the rsx etf is solid. need to dig into it

looks good so far:

• 30-Day SEC Yield1
    10.74%
  • Total Net Assets
    $1.3B
  • Number of Holdings
  • Options
    Available
  • Gross Expense Ratio2
    0.61%
  • Net Expense Ratio/TER2
    0.61%
  • Distribution Frequency
    Annual
  • Next Distribution Date
    12/16/2022

Key Points​

• Nation's First ETF Focused on Russia
    Largest, most liquid Russia ETF versus competing U.S.-listed ETFs

• Value Opportunity
    Russia's equity market is currently offering deep discounts versus emerging markets on average

• Pure Play
    Companies must be incorporated in, or derive at least 50% of total revenues from Russia to be added to the index

Trading Information​

• Fund Ticker
    RSX
  • Index Total Return Ticker
    MVRSXTR
  • NAV
    RSXNV
  • Intraday NAV (IIV)4
    RSXIV
  • Shares Outstanding
  • Estimated Cash
    RSXEU
  • Total Cash
    RSXTC
  • CUSIP
    92189F403
  • ISIN
    US92189F4037

Source: Bloomberg

Fees and Expenses2​

• Management Fee
    0.50%
  • Other Expenses
    0.11%
  • Gross Expense Ratio
    0.61%
  • Fee Waivers and
    Expense Reimbursement
    --
  • Net Expense Ratio/TER2
    0.61%

2Expenses for RSX are capped contractually at 0.62% until May 1, 2022. Cap excludes acquired fund fees and expenses, interest expense, depositary receipt fees up to 0.10% of the Fund’s average daily net assets, trading expenses, taxes and extraordinary expenses.

Investment Professionals​

Peter Liao, CFA​

Guo Hua (Jason) Jin​

Griffin Driscoll​

Ralph Lasta​

Prices as of 02/25/22​

NAV/
Market Price
Volume
30-Day Avg./
Last Trading Day
Daily Change
NAV/
Last Price
YTD Change
NAV/
Last Price
Premium/
Discount
30-Day
Median
Bid Ask
Spread
NAV
Chart
RSX$15.93
$15.60
arrow_up.gif
$2.62 / +19.68%
arrow_up.gif
$0.21 / +1.36%
-40.45%
-41.49%
$-0.33
-2.06%
0.04%

Premium/Discount History as of 02/25/22​

Calendar Year 20201Q 2021 2Q 2021 3Q 20214Q 2021Premium/Discount ChartsNAV & Prem/Discount History
Days closed at a premium13634352539
RSXDays closed at NAV112222

Days closed at a discount10625263723

Performance History: Average Annual Total Returns* (%)
View All ETFs View All Indices

Monthly Return

• Month End as of 01/31/22
  • Quarter End as of 12/31/21

1 MO 3 MO YTD 1 YR 3 YR 5 YR 10 YR LIFE
04/24/07
RSX (NAV) -10.24 -20.42 -10.24 7.32 9.52 7.18 1.48 -0.34
RSX (Share Price) -10.09 -20.80 -10.09 7.16 9.24 7.28 1.51 -0.34
MVRSXTR (Index)5 -10.86 -20.86 -10.86 6.65 9.79 7.59 1.65 -0.41
Performance Differential (NAV - Index) 0.62 0.44 0.62 0.67 -0.27 -0.41 -0.17 0.07

*Returns less than one year are not annualized.

†Index data prior to March 19, 2012 reflects that of the DAXglobal Russia+ Index (DXRPUS). From March 19, 2012, forward, the index data reflects that of the Fund's underlying index, MVIS Russia Total Return Index (MVRSXTR). Index history which includes periods prior to March 19, 2012 reflects a blend of the performance of DXRPUS and MVRSXTR and is not intended for third party use.
The table presents past performance which is no guarantee of future results and which may be lower or higher than current performance. Returns reflect temporary contractual fee waivers and/or expense reimbursements. Had the ETF incurred all expenses and fees, investment returns would have been reduced. Investment returns and ETF share values will fluctuate so that investors' shares, when redeemed, may be worth more or less than their original cost. ETF returns assume that dividends and capital gains distributions have been reinvested in the Fund at NAV.
The "Net Asset Value" (NAV) of a VanEck Exchange Traded Fund (ETF) is determined at the close of each business day, and represents the dollar value of one share of the fund; it is calculated by taking the total assets of the fund, subtracting total liabilities, and dividing by the total number of shares outstanding. The NAV is not necessarily the same as the ETF 's intraday trading value. VanEck ETF investors should not expect to buy or sell shares at NAV.

Top 10 Holdings (%) as of 01/31/22 Daily Holdings

Total Holdings: 29

Holding Name TickerShares Market Value
(US$)
% of Net
Assets
Gazprom Pjsc OGZD LI12,988,025113,064,836 8.54
Sberbank Of Russia Pjsc SBER LI7,516,753105,444,823 7.96
Lukoil Pjsc LKOD LI1,171,334104,893,450 7.92
Novatek Pjsc NVTK LI425,76589,923,943 6.79
Mmc Norilsk Nickel Pjsc MNOD LI3,003,14184,893,366 6.41
Tatneft Pjsc ATAD LI2,028,23478,712,823 5.94
Rosneft Oil Co Pjsc ROSN LI9,603,52971,566,276 5.40
Tcs Group Holding Plc TCS LI789,14856,945,529 4.30
Polyus Pjsc PLZL LI655,95651,387,236 3.88
Yandex Nv YNDX US1,002,46248,178,324 3.64
Top 10 Total (%) 60.79

These are not recommendations to buy or to sell any security. Securities and holdings may vary.

Country Weightings (%) as of 01/31/22​

Pie chart with 3 slices.​

Pie chart illustrating the Country Weightings (%) . Each slice illustrates investment in that Country

Chart graphic.​

End of interactive chart​

• Country
    % of Net Assets

• Russia

• Cyprus

• Other/Cash

Sector Weightings (%) as of 01/31/22​

Pie chart with 8 slices.​

Pie chart illustrating the Sector Weightings (%) . Each slice illustrates investment in that Sector

Chart graphic.​

End of interactive chart​

• Sector
    % of Net Assets

• Energy

• Materials

• Financials

• Communication Services

• Consumer Staples

• Consumer Discretionary

• Utilities

• Other/Cash

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
The real problem is, of course, political risk. I mean there's FX risk there too, but presumably you already know that. Anyway, that should be pretty well baked into the significantly reduced share price. One must decide for themselves if the USD is going to rise further vs the ruble or reverse course and factor that into their buying decision. I personally think once the recent dollar "safety trade" dissipates and the FOMC meeting next month is in the rear view, the dollar will weaken vs most of the major world currencies...including the ruble.

...but time will tell. If the fed raises rates 50 basis points and actually begins selling off their bloated balance sheet, then the dollar should strengthen. Of course US bond and equity markets will likely implode, but that's the problem with being a fed bankster just now. There are no good options, just a bunch of less bad ones.

EO 11110

Survivor
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
you bring up a great point about the fx. a lot of funds are hedged to limit that. i'll have to see if this one is or not

edit - this says not hedged, so fx is a big player in this

Last edited:

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
The good news is that the theoretical yield is now 12.82%.

1646049366797.png

EO 11110

Survivor
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
creeping into rsx -- bought at 12, 11, 10

specs -- thanks again for the seeking alpha tip. i used it today to get info on lway, the top kefir maker, that i own a shit-ton of. rumors and evidence that the small family run company is going to be bought up by one of the giants

specsaregood

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
creeping into rsx -- bought at 12, 11, 10

specs -- thanks again for the seeking alpha tip. i used it today to get info on lway, the top kefir maker, that i own a shit-ton of. rumors and evidence that the small family run company is going to be bought up by one of the giants
yep, just dont spread it around. :) it used to be even easier as the print button would just open a popup window with everything in one page, but they got rid of that.

EO 11110

Survivor
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
sold my rsx with a 5 percent gain

bought back in already. going to keep me busy today

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Day trading like a boss.

No question that thing is risky and needs time to find its footing to be a reliable long term income stream.

EO 11110

Survivor
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Day trading like a boss.

No question that thing is risky and needs time to find its footing to be a reliable long term income stream.

couple of round trips put me up 7.5 percent

back in and down by 5 percent. i was hoping to make a year of divs, 10 percent, on the thing today. new goal is to have it by friday

EO 11110

Survivor
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
picked up some rsx at 9 today. current position was bought at 11, 10, 9. also have an order in for 8. buying more every dollar drop

i think the thing is somewhat shielded from fx. oil is traded in dollars - the oil/gas companies in the fund dodge that drama

Last edited:

rampage

Seeker
Seeker
Reaction score
picked up some rsx at 9 today. current position was bought at 11, 10, 9. also have an order in for 8. buying more every dollar drop

i think the thing is somewhat shielded from fx. oil is traded in dollars - the oil/gas companies in the fund dodge that drama
$RSX is almost at $8, 8.26 currently. Is this a super long play in your opinion?