• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

dividend stocks

EO 11110

(globohomo) reproduction plan
Survivor
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
$RSX is almost at $8, 8.26 currently. Is this a super long play in your opinion?

long play, high risk, high reward is the way i see it. a few months ago it was over 30

i added today in the 8's. will buy every dollar drop -- the more it falls, the bigger my position gets

EO 11110

Survivor
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
wow, rsx fell from 8 to 6. i missed my 7 buy, so i bought double at 6 this morning. of my decades of investing, it's things like this that were my biggest winners. leaning against the wind is hard and unsettling. that unsettling feeling often translates into giant wins

i did same thing in the oil collapse a year or so ago. they had everybody so scared - oil is over. all globalist communist green forever. they were giving away oil and oil stocks.

the one that got away -- the real estate crash in 2009. much regret for passing on a lot of properties

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Somewhere I saw that the bank in the RSX traded for a penny. That would make some sense as banks can get destroyed by something like this move. Whereas miners and oil isn't really going anywhere and just getting more valuable.

EO 11110

Survivor
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Somewhere I saw that the bank in the RSX traded for a penny. That would make some sense as banks can get destroyed by something like this move. Whereas miners and oil isn't really going anywhere and just getting more valuable.

the thing i fear most is the int'l banker communists. that they may block access to russia stocks for regular people....while the nyc shysters are buying up everything they can

rampage

Seeker
Seeker
Reaction score
luckily I was able to cancel my buy order at 8.30 i made yesterday. Will buy at 7 now :)

Last edited:

EO 11110

Survivor
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
luckily I was able to cancel my buy order at 8.30 i made yesterday. Will buy at 7 now :)

i remember the globalists attacking russia years ago. among other things they smashed the ruble. market crashed just like it's doing now. investors that bought that drama made huge gains over the next year or three. i considered it, but didnt have the juevos to pull the trigger

good chart here that shows the attack in 2008 -- i think that's it

also looking at the chart -- the russia index is now priced at the 2020 covid lows - when oil and other commods were being given away

Last edited:

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
I still haven't gotten exercised on my 9 put of RSX I sold short for 2.20...hope I do though. The Russian central bank raising rates to 20% is likely to draw investment capital from all over the world. Particularly as theirs is one of the few central banks with low enough debt to equity to fight inflation effectively.

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Very much.

Norilsk Nickel is 9.66% of RSX holdings. By playing the RSX options market, I potentially get to play around with NILSY shares(and a lot of other grossly undervalued material companies) without ever buying shares directly. Norilsk and Lukoil are two of my faves in the basket of RSX stocks. Polymetal is also very attractive at these pricetags.

EO 11110

Survivor
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score

Traders Make Millions by Short-Selling Russian Exchange-Traded Funds​

By Alexander Gladstone
im-494842

The headquarters of Russia's central bank in Moscow.Andrey Rudakov/Bloomberg News
Traders looking to monetize the financial fallout from Russia’s invasion of Ukraine have racked up millions of dollars of wins over the past week by short-selling Russian exchange-traded funds.

While Russia’s central bank last week made an order preventing the short-selling of individual Russian stocks, it is still possible to short ETFs, which are baskets that aggregate the stocks of Russian companies. Short sellers borrow shares in ETFs that they think are overvalued and immediately sell them. They then aim to repurchase the shares for a lower price later before they return the shares, making a profit by pocketing the difference if the securities decline in value.

Traders betting against three major Russian ETFs have made roughly $120 million on their bet over the past week, according to S3 Partners LLC, a financial data-analytics firm.
The largest Russian ETF, the VanEck Russia, also known as the RSX, has declined by nearly 45% over the past five days, while iShares MSCI Russia ETF and Direxion Daily Russia ETF have dropped by 45% and 41%, respectively, over the same period.
While short sellers have been making money, other traders have been aiming to buy up Russian ETFs while the prices are cheap, and the RSX has received an inflow of $382 million of new investments over the past week.

There is a dichotomy of trading strategies, where some investors see Russian stocks as historically cheap as a longer-term trade, while other investors bet against these stocks short-term to take advantage of recent market weakness and volatility, said Ihor Dusaniwsky, managing director at S3 Partners.

EO 11110

Survivor
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score

To Hedge Russia, Traders Added Record Cash to a $1 Billion ETF​

• VanEck’s RSX saw a $261 million cash injection on Thursday
  • Fund’s short interest has risen to more than 26% of the float

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Lukoil's annual dividend is $7.61. The share price is currently 10.75. That's a yield of 70.79%.

People are rushing in because they can do maths.

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Lukoil's annual dividend is $7.61. The share price is currently 10.75. That's a yield of 70.79%.

People are rushing in because they can do maths.

I was looking at the numbers on that thing and they don't even make sense. Revenue in the Trillions and dividends all over the place. But I still think it's clear the bankers are making a move to simply take it. I don't see them being successful again but its a big risk.

specsaregood

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I was looking at the numbers on that thing and they don't even make sense. Revenue in the Trillions and dividends all over the place. But I still think it's clear the bankers are making a move to simply take it. I don't see them being successful again but its a big risk.

Maybe this explains it a bit:
Just tried to pick up a bit and got this:
"This order cannot be placed online. To place this order, please call a Charles Schwab representative at 1-800-435-4000. If this is a foreign security, contact the Global Investor Services team at 1-800-992-4685. (DO506)"

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
I went to check on all that, but I got distracted by the fact that Lukoil appears to be up 101.25% in post-market trading. ...so yeah...that apparently just happened.

1646257581120.png

As it's an ADR, I've been unable to find confirmation.

Barchart says 12.71(+5.92%) ...so who the hell knows. We may not know for sure until the MOEX opens back up.

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I went to check on all that, but I got distracted by the fact that Lukoil appears to be up 101.25% in post-market trading. ...so yeah...that apparently just happened.

View attachment 247440

As it's an ADR, I've been unable to find confirmation.

Barchart says 12.71(+5.92%) ...so who the hell knows. We may not know for sure until the MOEX opens back up.

Yeah, Putin needs to open the market back up and allow foreign sales. It only HURTS his case and liquidity as it stays closed off. It's not like the stocks haven't been hurt badly anyway.

EO 11110

Survivor
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
anybody looking to add to rsx - look to the after and pre markets

i got a buy this morning at 6.3x. the shorts may be playing games in the thin volume during those sessions

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
If the shorts weren't covering as low as 6.20 this morning...then may God have mercy on their souls. They're too stupid to be shorting stuff and deserve what they get.

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Zerohedge is not keen on the RSX ETF and they appear to be suspending new share creation. I really don't know how or what the supposed GDR's on the London exchange work. There does appear to be a significant premium now but there are plenty of buyers around. Just look at all the brokers trying to block being able to buy. Reminds me of the Gamestop saga except kinda in reverse because it's at a low and not a high.

1646262081768.png

To me it seems like this says it would be better to buy the GDR's in Britain. If you can find them and buy.

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder if we'll see a gamestop like short squeeze too...

1646263185957.png

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Ok, diving into this a little more because you really have to get down into this to try and wrap your head around it. I went to the VanEck site and here are the things it owns. The tickers appear to be .LI

GAZPROM PJSC OGZD LI 8.54
SBERBANK OF RUSSIA PJSC SBER LI 7.96
LUKOIL PJSC LKOD LI 7.92
NOVATEK PJSC NVTK LI 6.79

I can't find those and that doesn't appear to be an exchange code I can find. However, Yahoo does have these very similar things.

1646263313976.png

1646263402611.png

Market Watch gives you this for Lukoil

1646263909602.png

Whatever market this is it seems to be completely Illiquid, ie perhaps even closed.

Last edited:

EO 11110

Survivor
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
trading at 7.x on fidelity after hours. it accepted my order to buy at 5.x

if it doesnt fill i'll try it again in the premarket tomorrow a.m.

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
From what I've gathered they were trying to set NAV of the fund based upon futures...even though MOEX has been closed. Perhaps not the hottest idea, but I doubt they knew MOEX would be closed more than 1 day.

The top constituents of RSX are thus:

1646263903584.png

These are LSE(London Stock Exchange) symbols.

1646264082559.png

Alright, screw it, I bought a few hundred for 7.50.

EO 11110

Survivor
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
if the sponsor refuses to issue more shares does it become a quasi closed end fund? unlimited premium and discount?

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I'm going to try and convert those four exchanges into USD to get a price. This is using Duck/Duck Go XE.com? live data.

The first is 0.528 dollars
second is 0.96 (if that is in pounds) or just 0.72
third is 27.77
fourth is 12

Yeah, clear as mud. That did not help me.

EO 11110

Survivor
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
lol.... published 9 days ago, before the crash

not my bold

3 Ultra-High-Yield Dividend Stocks Billionaires Can't Stop Buying​

Mobile TeleSystems: 13.37% yield​

The third ultra-high-yield stock billionaire money managers piled into in the fourth quarter is Russian telecom company Mobile TeleSystems (NYSE: MBT).

MTS, as the company is more commonly known, sports the highest yield on this list at more than 13%. But keep in mind that its twice-annual payout isn't fixed. Rather, the company's operating results dictate what's ultimately paid to shareholders. Nevertheless, MTS has yielded around 9% (or higher) for much of the past five years.

The big buyers in the most recent quarter were Israel Englander of Millennium Management and Larry Fink's BlackRock. Millennium doubled its existing position by picking up close to 1.4 million shares, while BlackRock added almost 641,000 shares to its stake, which now stands at 21.8 million shares.

Mobile TeleSystems' bread and butter continues to be its telecom segment. Even though mobile saturation rates are high throughout Russia, MTS should benefit from the rollout of 5G infrastructure in major cities and the ongoing expansion of 4G into the country's vast rural areas. A smartphone replacement cycle can lift MTS' retail segment, as well as boost its data-driven wireless segment.

But what makes MTS so intriguing is the company's numerous new verticals. It's moved into banking, cloud-computing, and streaming, to name a handful of new revenue channels. Through the first nine months of 2021, these new verticals delivered sales growth of 24%, compared to the prior-year period. These fast-growing verticals have the potential to lift MTS' organic growth rate and dramatically reduce churn by keeping customers within its ecosystem of products and services.

Keeping with the theme, Mobile TeleSystems is inexpensive at an estimated 8 times Wall Street's consensus earnings for 2022.

EO 11110

Survivor
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
communists in nyc/dc blocking the moex website? i miss the internet.

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I'll try to buy some LKOD.IL for 0.72.... Lol no wonder markets are such a GD mess. There is no way any of these things are real ownership shares. But, hey, we might get some money back.

EO 11110

Survivor
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score

As of this morning, some of Russia’s largest companies are trading for pennies in London. As of 11:00 a.m. (London time), Russia’s giant energy company, Gazprom, was trading at 3 cents a share, a 99 percent decline from the start of the year. Russia’s largest crude oil exporter, Rosneft, was trading at 96 cents shortly after 12 noon in London.

Russia’s largest natural gas company, Novatek, was trading at 61 cents at 11:30 a.m. London time. Novatek was a $238 stock in London at the beginning of the year.

And, to underscore just how precarious the financial situation is for Russia, its largest bank, Sberbank, which has experienced a bank run on its foreign branches, has been trading all morning in London between a penny and five cents. Sberbank was a $16 stock in London at the beginning of the year.

The largest Russian exchange-traded fund (ETF) that trades in the U.S., the VanEck Russia ETF (RSX), closed yesterday at $8.26. That’s lower than where it traded during the financial crash of 2008 and a 69 percent decline from the beginning of the year.

The prices of Russian stocks in London this morning is a reflection of the fact that liquidity is drying up in anything that has the word Russia connected to it – that includes the Russian currency, the Ruble, which has been plunging in value against the U.S. Dollar since the invasion of Ukraine began on February 24. As of this morning, the Ruble continues to trade at a record low against the U.S. Dollar, now valued at less than one cent.

With foreign debt sales closed to most Russian companies and Russia’s central bank’s assets frozen throughout much of the world as a result of the sanctions, it’s unclear how Putin thinks he can finance and sustain a war against a nation of 44 million people – who have clearly demonstrated over the past seven days that they don’t want him there.

With the Moscow Stock Exchange (MOEX) closed for the third day in a row and its website also down (a Ukrainian hackers’ group has taken credit for that), we went to its Twitter account so see what was going on at the Exchange prior to the invasion of Ukraine. It turns out that the Exchange had plans to become a major international venue for stock trading.

On December 4, 2021 the Exchange had Tweeted:

“On Monday MOEX will launch a morning trading session for equities starting at 7am. The new session means trading on MOEX for FX [foreign exchange], derivatives and stocks will run 17 hours a day.”

Just a few days earlier, MOEX had Tweeted this:

“Tomorrow we will add 80 more international stocks to our platform, bringing the total number of global securities available to trade on MOEX to more than 500. Investors can trade in either RUB or USD.”

Now the Moscow Stock Exchange can’t open – because it would reveal to the citizens of Russia just how badly Putin is losing the war on the financial battlefield.

More major corporations also announced yesterday that they would cease doing business with Russia or halt shipments of their products to Russia. WarnerMedia said it was “pausing” the release of “The Batman” in Russia as a result of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine. The film is expected to be one of the biggest blockbusters of the year. Disney had announced on Monday that it would stop theatrical releases in Russia.

ExxonMobil announced yesterday that it would exit its Russian oil and gas operations. In a statement, it said:

“ExxonMobil supports the people of Ukraine as they seek to defend their freedom and determine their own future as a nation. We deplore Russia’s military action that violates the territorial integrity of Ukraine and endangers its people.

“We are deeply saddened by the loss of innocent lives and support the strong international response. We are fully complying with all sanctions.”

Apple also announced yesterday that it was halting sales of its products to Russia and restricting access to Russian news apps. (Many news outlets in Russia are state-owned.)

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score

Stop Making Cents

Silver Miner
Seeker
Reaction score
what Russian stocks you like today? My brokerage is starting to choke off trading of Russian stuff. Going to try to get some NILSY when market opens. What else you buying?

EO 11110

Survivor
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
what Russian stocks you like today? My brokerage is starting to choke off trading of Russian stuff. Going to try to get some NILSY when market opens. What else you buying?

fidelity took my buy order for rsx - premarket and regular market. doubt it will fill - it's for 5.x

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not picking individual stocks. I've really no idea what's going on over there economically, so I'm only going after some RSX shares. Forced to choose though, I'd be all over Lukoil at these price tags. Banks dealing in energy company assets aren't even blocked by the swift system.

Also, MBT(Mobile Telesystems) which is in the RSX reported YoY revenue growth of 8% and profits of 63.5b RUB. ...for whatever it's worth.

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
i bought some rsx this morning at 7.75. When i tried to buy more it said it was cut off from trading due to sanctions
That seems like an individual broker thing. Van Eck said they were suspending new share creation, but that shouldn't stop the float from moving. So far, interactive, with only a few brief trading halts has been hands off RSX trades...and it's still open now.

Likely it depends on individual broker liquidity.

EO 11110

Survivor
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
buying hnnmy - mall fashion retailer. my family shoppers report store is packed last week - a real standout in their report.

stock is down big, yearly dividend is around 5 percent at this price - before foreign tax hit by nyc/dc communists

not holding for long term -- however long it takes to make a decent profit

EO 11110

Survivor
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score

Stop Making Cents

Silver Miner
Seeker
Reaction score
fidelity is showing zero at bid and ask

it let me put in an order to buy -- not filled
I have a feeling they're going to cut off trading on this stuff, but i hope not. I have a few really low bid "limit" orders out there waiting to be filled. We'll see if these stocks keep dropping and the orders get filled.