• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Dividend Stocks

Usury

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Any recommendations/thoughts? I picked up a few shares of WMT on the plunge today.

Mr Paradise

Midas Member
Midas Member
I picked up a little WMT today also. Got in at about 60.75 ...I'll collect 3% while it figures itself out.

Some of my favorites

T
DOW
SO
EMR
JNJ
PG
WY
F
POT
KO
IP
ED
DBD

Usury

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
I picked up a little WMT today also. Got in at about 60.75 ...I'll collect 3% while it figures itself out.

Some of my favorites

T
DOW
SO
EMR
JNJ
PG
WY
F
POT
KO
IP
ED
DBD
Thanks a couple of these are intruiging and I'll check them out.

JFN111

Silver Member
Silver Miner
MO is still my favorite. It's a little high right now due to the possible SAB sale.
The qtr dividend check came today. :elefant:

Usury

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
MO is still my favorite. It's a little high right now due to the possible SAB sale.
The qtr dividend check came today. :elefant:
Yep...a good standby.

itsamess

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
BP currently 6.8% and historically low price currently. They stopped dividend during oil spill, so some caution. Worked there years ago so employee match was a no brainer, selling half because of Obummer threats was stupid but safe.

MrLucky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
VZ (verizon) currently has a dividend of 5.06%
SO (southern company) currently has a dividend of 4.74%

If interested in something a bit on the small side ($5.26/sh), try FTR with a current dividend of 7.89%

FTR did cut their div a year or so ago, to what it is now, so dyodd.

disclaimer: I own VZ, MO, ED, T, FTR.

CrimsonGuardJay

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Blackrock Kelso (BKCC) has a dividend of 10%.

I bought ALOT at $10 and now its at $9.30 or so, and I'm still way way up because I bought like 2 years ago and ive gotten 8 big dividend checks.

VZ (verizon) currently has a dividend of 5.06%
SO (southern company) currently has a dividend of 4.74%

If interested in something a bit on the small side ($5.26/sh), try FTR with a current dividend of 7.89%

FTR did cut their div a year or so ago, to what it is now, so dyodd.

disclaimer: I own VZ, MO, ED, T, FTR.

Mr Paradise

Midas Member
Midas Member
CAT dipped backed into the 60's ...it's gotten beat down with the all the global slowdown chatter. If it drops back into low 60's with around a 4.75 yield like it did a couple weeks back I'll probably start to accumulate.

PM over MO ...but it's run up recently

Buying more WMT.

Mr Paradise

Midas Member
Midas Member
VLKAY is 4% with all bad news factored in.

Some risky ones (potential dividend cut) are

SEAS
KMI
HHS

I've chaneled Seas and HHS in the past for small profits.

Mr Paradise

Midas Member
Midas Member
ED is getting a smack down today ...blue light special. 4%+

Been paying a dividend since Moses came down from the mountain.

Usury

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Question: Anyone know of a good research/resource website to tell what tax form you will receive from ownership of certain stocks? I purchased several dividend-paying stocks last year and most were reported on a form 1099-B as regular dividends but one of the companies was apparently more complex and setup as a Partnership. As a result I got a convoluted K-1 form to include in my tax return. I would like a good resource to identify this PRIOR to purchasing these stocks since I prefer to keep it simple on my personal tax return (and not have to potentially pay taxes on unrealized/undistributed gains that the company may have). Thanks.

Pragmatist

Seeker
Seeker
Energy Transfer Partners LP, ticker ETP, pays mad dividends. It's an MLP or Master Limited Partnership. It has been beaten like a dog, with the rest of the energy sector, but still not bounced yet. I would think it is due a reversal. Does anyone else follow this pipeline company?
DYODD,
~Prag

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Chevron and or Exxon

Who think oil will stay at or below $40/barrel in the long run?

If you can afford to buy and hold this is a no brainer

Jarrod32

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Good call on the oil stocks. Decent time to pick some up. I have always preferred ConocoPhillips...tends to be a slightly higher dividend, currently over 5% right now. And JNJ was mentioned earlier...that has been a staple of mine for a while now. Nice steady - if unspectacular - dividends. And Northwestern Energy (now Northwestern Corp) has been good to me for many years. Not a huge dividend yield, but nice and steady over the years. And Verizon also has a place in my portfolio.

I am going to have to take a peek at some others that were mentioned here...I see a few that I am not familiar with...

Goldfinger

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Anyone have any thoughts on KMI? Its been taking to the wood shed recently and cut it's divi.

Mr Paradise

Midas Member
Midas Member
Anyone have any thoughts on KMI? Its been taking to the wood shed recently and cut it's divi.
People that chased that high dividend back in the fall got slaughtered. Anything over 6% is always a major red flag IMO. The dividend cut was a wise decision by the board, the company is still swimming in debt but I kinda like it at this price range ...now it can become a growth stock again.