• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Do NOT forget the PLAIN Vanilla Long Riffle .22 Caliber

HistoryStudent

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
If you have a Ruger .22 you could easily add 5,000 rounds cheap. For many reasons - here is ONE

In the great Depression they banned ammo and in Kansas area one fellow had a case of .22 LR ammo he just bought on sale. He took one round for him, one for the wife, and two for the kids - to the old fashioned greasy spoon restaurant and they ate the sale special DINNER at the Diner every night for years and years.
The diner owner loved to shoot rabbits in the many empty acres behind the shop - and he could never able to buy even one box of .22 ammo.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/la-deputies-shot-compton-ambush-suspect-large

Compton L.A. County Deputy Sheriff's ambushed by yet another black.

Trump said, "HIT THOSE ANIMALS HARD!" Kamel-Kommie said "riot!" I can easily see any major big city nationwide curfew where if you are out at night past curfew - you will be labeled a felon and shot if you DARE move your hand when approached. I worked Compton in the 1970s as a deputy. It was a jungle then!

BTW - the really sad thing is that these riots and BLM attacks have set the Black people back almost 100 years. They have lost the respect of the Caucasians (includes all Latinos BTW) and the Yellow race (all Mongoloids and the Indians from greater India). They have lost future jobs just from fear of having them around.

Look at the Zerohedge article above = that will be terrible awful bad the way ANY Black will be treated in L.A. County - from now on. "Hit those ANIMALS HARD!"

The first Blacks I worked with were 1960s janitors in a Norwalk, CA, Lucky supermarket - both got drunk and shot one another over a card game. Before that: Funny thing was that Buck mixed Ammonia & Bleach in his bucket to clean the floors - he made a mixture of a gas and it knocked him out for a half hour. Do not mix your cleaning supplies - is the moral. We still have morals, right?

BTW I worked with Blacks all my life. At my wedding only the Black deputies and their wives came. My best partners were Black. Black trustees saved my bacon when I was in trouble because of the way I treated them. Just saying...

Last edited:

wallew

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Two sheriff's deputies shot in California in critical condition
BY MARINA PITOFSKY - 09/13/20 12:34 AM EDT

Two Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department deputies were shot in the city of Compton, Calif., on Saturday, according to the department.

The department confirmed on Twitter that one male deputy and one female deputy were “ambushed” while sitting in a patrol vehicle. Both deputies “sustained multiple gunshot wounds and are in critical condition.”

“They are both undergoing surgery. The suspect is still at large,” the department tweeted late Saturday.

The department also shared footage of the incident on Twitter. The video shows a person in dark clothing approach the side of the parked patrol vehicle and fire several shots.

Moments ago, 2 of our Sheriff Deputies were shot in Compton and were transported to a local hospital. They are both still fighting for their lives, so please keep them in your thoughts and prayers. We will update this thread with information as it becomes available.

— LA County Sheriffs (@LASDHQ) September 13, 2020
Update: One male deputy and one female deputy were ambushed as they sat in their patrol vehicle. Both sustained multiple gunshot wounds and are in critical condition. They are both currently undergoing surgery. The suspect is still at large.

The incident occurred at the Metro Blue Line station in Compton at approximately 7 p.m. local time, according to ABC7 in Los Angeles.

The location is close to the Compton sheriff's station.

https://thehill.com/homenews/news/5...ties-shot-in-california-in-critical-condition
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
North Carolina deputy shot to death; suspect killed
Authorities in North Carolina say a sheriff's deputy was fatally shot by a break-in suspect, and that the suspect was then killed when other deputies returned fire

The Associated Press
September 10, 2020, 8:28 PM

HENDERSONVILLE, N.C. -- A suspect in a vehicle break-in fatally shot a deputy before the suspect was killed by other officers during an early morning encounter, a North Carolina sheriff said Thursday.

Henderson County Deputy Ryan Hendrix died Thursday afternoon, hours after he was shot while he and other deputies responded to a call about a vehicle break-in, news outlets reported.

Sheriff Lowell Griffin said a homeowner had noticed someone breaking into a car around 3 a.m. Thursday.

Griffin said the homeowner yelled at the man, who then shattered a window at the home with a crowbar. Griffin said the man and the homeowner exchanged gunfire after the suspect took a gun from the vehicle and before deputies arrived.

Griffin said the suspect appeared to comply with commands to show deputies his hands before firing once and shooting Hendrix in the face. The sheriff said two other deputies returned fire and that the suspect, identified as Robert Ray Doss Jr, died at the scene.

Hendrix, who had been with the sheriff’s office since 2012, was a Marine veteran and the father of two children.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/north-carolina-deputy-shot-death-suspect-killed-72940571

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Grandad would hand my cousin and myself a single shot .22...........told us that for each squirrel we would get another bullet.

One afternoon we came back with 4, from then on he would give us the whole box.

Shit, everybody should have a wheel barrel full of .22 and ammo. If that won't keep you alive you are going to die.

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I like .22 bolt actions. Not something that doubles as a defense weapon, but you don't want to shoot anyone with a .22 anyhow, for they will sue you. A real accurate 22 bolt rifle with a scope is extremely useful if you live in the country, more fun than you can imagine because you get so much accuracy for your ammo dollar and it helps you overcome flinching.
My dog has a special bark that means only one thing...."Daddy, get your .22, I've treed a squirrel."
Around here you can shoot a fall Turkey with a .22 and the season coincides with Grouse, which also permits .22.
Fun fun fun! No hearing loss, no recoil, no muzzle blast.

HistoryStudent

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
The .22 round is a small zip gun round that KILLS by bouncing around the body and messing things UP very awful terrible bad...

Your AR-15s are high powered .22s - that's all.

A policeman died here a few years back by getting hit with a .22 that entered by his vest 2 blocks away...and bounced around... Oceanside, CA...

BUCK NAILED IT ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY FOR CERTAIN SURE... just saying...

Have a few 50 round off market magazines for your Ruger 10-22 bang bang bang 50 times each....

HistoryStudent

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Two sheriff's deputies shot in California in critical condition
BY MARINA PITOFSKY - 09/13/20 12:34 AM EDT

Two Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department deputies were shot in the city of Compton, Calif., on Saturday, according to the department.

The department confirmed on Twitter that one male deputy and one female deputy were “ambushed” while sitting in a patrol vehicle. Both deputies “sustained multiple gunshot wounds and are in critical condition.”

“They are both undergoing surgery. The suspect is still at large,” the department tweeted late Saturday.

The department also shared footage of the incident on Twitter. The video shows a person in dark clothing approach the side of the parked patrol vehicle and fire several shots.

Moments ago, 2 of our Sheriff Deputies were shot in Compton and were transported to a local hospital. They are both still fighting for their lives, so please keep them in your thoughts and prayers. We will update this thread with information as it becomes available.

Update: One male deputy and one female deputy were ambushed as they sat in their patrol vehicle. Both sustained multiple gunshot wounds and are in critical condition. They are both currently undergoing surgery. The suspect is still at large.

The incident occurred at the Metro Blue Line station in Compton at approximately 7 p.m. local time, according to ABC7 in Los Angeles.

The location is close to the Compton sheriff's station.

https://thehill.com/homenews/news/5...ties-shot-in-california-in-critical-condition
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
North Carolina deputy shot to death; suspect killed
Authorities in North Carolina say a sheriff's deputy was fatally shot by a break-in suspect, and that the suspect was then killed when other deputies returned fire

The Associated Press
September 10, 2020, 8:28 PM

HENDERSONVILLE, N.C. -- A suspect in a vehicle break-in fatally shot a deputy before the suspect was killed by other officers during an early morning encounter, a North Carolina sheriff said Thursday.

Henderson County Deputy Ryan Hendrix died Thursday afternoon, hours after he was shot while he and other deputies responded to a call about a vehicle break-in, news outlets reported.

Sheriff Lowell Griffin said a homeowner had noticed someone breaking into a car around 3 a.m. Thursday.

Griffin said the homeowner yelled at the man, who then shattered a window at the home with a crowbar. Griffin said the man and the homeowner exchanged gunfire after the suspect took a gun from the vehicle and before deputies arrived.

Griffin said the suspect appeared to comply with commands to show deputies his hands before firing once and shooting Hendrix in the face. The sheriff said two other deputies returned fire and that the suspect, identified as Robert Ray Doss Jr, died at the scene.

Hendrix, who had been with the sheriff’s office since 2012, was a Marine veteran and the father of two children.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/north-carolina-deputy-shot-death-suspect-killed-72940571

These sheriff's and most of California will start packing way more fire power. One shot from a crowd of rioters will make them all collaborators... And GUESS WHAT!

Like LAPD in the Watts Riots 1965 with the National Guard Armories MACHINE GUNS mounted like the RAT PATROL (T.V. show) did back in the 1960s in their JEEPS in the African Desert. Kinda rhymes... sadly...

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=T+V+show+...flickr.com/8/7409/9139456627_58a141b891_b.jpg

Buck

Come On, Man!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Imagine 50 rounds there from a Ruger 10-22 with a PRETTY Stainless bull barrel & sighted in scope...
right...coverage is easy at 100 yards, penetration, not so much, but, no one generally 'looks up' if they hear rounds whizzing by

and close in; etc...not trying to go here but the skull acts like a backboard while the round quickly blends the meat, just gotta get it in there

Buck

Come On, Man!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
These sheriff's and most of California will start packing way more fire power. One shot from a crowd of rioters will make them all collaborators... And GUESS WHAT!

Like LAPD in the Watts Riots 1965 with the National Guard Armories MACHINE GUNS mounted like the RAT PACK (T.V. show) did back in the 1960s in their JEEPS in the African Desert. Kinda rhymes... sadly...
and the adage of 'being the enemy' will apply to just about everyone, with more vigor, and the blacks will take the brunt of that 'attitude', whether right or wrong

HistoryStudent

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame

MrLucky

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
.22 may not kill an intruder, but a shot to the cajones will make him wish he picked another house..
A round or two in the kneecap and he'll be going to the next riot in a wheelchair.

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
I have a .22 bolt action Sears I bought in the mid 70s. Still got it. I had a gunsmith go over it last year and he re-blued it for next to nothing.

MrLucky

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
If you can find them

plata_oro

Seeker
Seeker
Rossi Rimfire .22 LR for $89.99 at Bi-mart. Added a nice little spring-loaded prairie dog target too. They also sold me an 800 round range box for $44.99 (they would only sell me 1 and I have to buy a firearm). I got 3 more boxes at another local supplier, but I paid $54.99 for 2 of them and then the next week paid $69.99 for another. Right now we got to buy them while they are in stock. Everybody here is worried about the election.

I also got 2 more 16 round clips for my Springfield Armory XD9 Subcompact. I would like to try them out but I want to have a little more 9mm ammo stockpiled first.

plata_oro

Seeker
Seeker
22LR bolt action rifles are very nice, especially for teaching rifle shooting basics. I do not own one.

What I have is a Ruger 22RL Takedown, a semi-auto. I have a scope on it and it's a tack driver.

View attachment 180344
I would like the Ruger 10-22. Sometimes my local Bi-mart marks it down to $189. They also had a couple of 25 round clips.

The Rossi is a very simple rifle. Bi-mart sells an aftermarket 25 round clip but don't have it in stock right now. It's great for the kids, as is the Ruger. More can be done to the Ruger but it's the cost. We have a tight budget right now as we are stockpiling food and supplies for this uncertain future we are living.

20200913_135309 (2).jpg

HistoryStudent

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
22LR bolt action rifles are very nice, especially for teaching rifle shooting basics. I do not own one.

What I have is a Ruger 22RL Takedown, a semi-auto. I have a scope on it and it's a tack driver.

View attachment 180344
It was RECENTLY reviewed by:

GUNTESTS Magazine with HIGH GRADES & as BEST PICK

over the Savage & the Kel Tec

Last edited:

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Ruger American 22, bolt action. It takes 10-22 mags. I just decided I wanted one, one day and went out and bought it and I’m glad I did. It’s more fun than I thought it would be to send those little 22 pills down range, one at a time. Light, more accurate than me and fun.
43A57FFC-E96B-470F-8240-8424A8CAE526.jpeg

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
I would like the Ruger 10-22. Sometimes my local Bi-mart marks it down to $189. They also had a couple of 25 round clips.

The Rossi is a very simple rifle. Bi-mart sells an aftermarket 25 round clip but don't have it in stock right now. It's great for the kids, as is the Ruger. More can be done to the Ruger but it's the cost. We have a tight budget right now as we are stockpiling food and supplies for this uncertain future we are living.

View attachment 180345
I hope you have at least a few more magazines just in case SHTF arrives ?
I consider extra mags a necessity and not that big of an expense.

Bushpilot

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
The caliber that has statistically killed the most people is the lowly .22. Biggest polar bear ever killed in Alaska was by an Inuit woman with a .22 short, she shot in the eye when it stick it's head through the window trying to get in and eat her and her daughter.

Don’t discount the .22!

HistoryStudent

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame

View attachment 180345
Very BRIGHT. Water is the biggie. A BIG BERKEY or the like covers you for streams, lakes, and rivers. Or your plain city water supply. Meds too use over the counter at COSTCO.

I recommend:

www.beprepared.com

16 orders over last 6 years NEVER missed a beat & quick too if in stock. If not they follow up ship it to you...

https://beprepared.com/

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter

HistoryStudent

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame

HistoryStudent

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Many are stashing fish antibiotics in case the SHTF really bad. "word..."
EXACTLY they have all the kinds. Animals take the same antibiotics as us. If your dog gets sick ask the vet for a backup - (for you but don't spill the beans!)

www.duckduckgo.com

search fish antibiotics ordering for your "COY FISH!"

smooth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
I love shooting my 10/22. Pretty easy to spend too much when you build them. But, this thing is a legitimate tack driver... EDIT: groups were shot at 50 yards, prone with bipod and rear bag. Lapua center X ammo.
10 22 on tripod.jpg

10 22 5 shot group III.jpg

10 22 5 shot group.jpg

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
I walked into the local bullet shop a few years ago and Frank had a nice clean Winchester 9422 on the rack. I managed to not freak out and calmly asked how much right now? $275 + tax.
The serial numbers put it made in the year 1973. It's a beauty, shoots like a dream and eats all 22 ammo from short to long rifle. I will be keeping this 22 for life. If things get bad enough I'll be poaching deer with it and nobody'll hear it.

Now I have a real fancy 22 that looks just like a HK MP5, matter of fact the manufacturer got sued by HK because it's such a close copy. But I haven't shot it since I got my 9422.

WRS1.jpg
WRS2.jpg
WRS3.jpg

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
I walked into the local bullet shop a few years ago and Frank had a nice clean Winchester 9422 on the rack. I managed to not freak out and calmly asked how much right now? $275 + tax.
The serial numbers put it made in the year 1973. It's a beauty, shoots like a dream and eats all 22 ammo from short to long rifle. I will be keeping this 22 for life. If things get bad enough I'll be poaching deer with it and nobody'll hear it.

Now I have a real fancy 22 that looks just like a HK MP5, matter of fact the manufacturer got sued by HK because it's such a close copy. But I haven't shot it since I got my 9422.

View attachment 180382 View attachment 180383 View attachment 180384
Wanna trade for a SEARS bolt action made about the same time ?
I'll throw in a box of .22lr.

That is a beautiful piece of deadly art ya got thetr Irons. (Rifle Porn)

Buck

Come On, Man!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Lever Action, now that's some john wayne shit right there!

fun to shoot too, Oh Yeah!

i got one that eats 38's / 357's
It's a lot more fun with the 38's

Nice!:2 thumbs up:

otoh, lever's are a lot of work when playing with 22's

my 2¢ is
semi-auto is the choice for 22LR, but that's just me, it's nice to operate the machine, put the physical effort, the tactile feel, into every round, take the time to "be with the shot",
but
there's something exciting, relative to, squeezing out a magazine in rapid fashion
because at the end of the day:
i can 'be with the shot' with my semi too

again, here's the change on that opine

because i'll not part with my john wayne lever action, no way, no how

can't explain it, it's a sickness

o_O:winks2:

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame

That is a beautiful piece of deadly art ya got there Irons. (Rifle Porn)
Thank you, pure luck put me in it's path. I walked in and bought it right after it was sold, before Frank could even clean it. I have been offered $500 for it and I just laugh. Folks who have these don't sell them.

.:meditation:

Buck

Come On, Man!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
see? right here, similar symptoms

don't worry, we'll never get 'fixed'

:sick

plata_oro

Seeker
Seeker

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Thank you, pure luck put me in it's path. I walked in and bought it right after it was sold, before Frank could even clean it. I have been offered $500 for it and I just laugh. Folks who have these don't sell them.

.:meditation:
Ok,OK,....TWO Boxes of .22lr and the SEARS. My Final Offer, Take it or Leave it. ( PLEASE TAKE IT, I'm BEGGIN'). Gb

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter