• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Does anybody use Fidelity

Curtman

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Im not liking the amritrade trading platform. When I was last active it was Scottrade and it transferred over.

tigerwillow1

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
I use both of them. For things like trading stocks, they both are reasonably easy to use and have worked efficiently for me. I find Fidelity's web site to be much more logical and prefer it, hands down. I've had a few occasions to call Fidelity's CSRs and have never been disappointed. They seem to know their stuff really well. If you're at or near retirement age with a traditional IRA, Roth conversions and QCDs are significantly simpler with Fidelity.

ZZZZZ

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I use Ameritrade and a couple of others. Yeah, their platform isn't great, but it's the simplest and best for newbies and inactive traders.

On the other end of the spectrum, you practically need a PhD in computer science to really get a handle on Tradestation.

Mr Paradise

Midas Member
Midas Member
My custodial accounts were just moved to E-Trade from Cap 1 and though I’m still getting used to their funky platform their customer service has been five stars so far.
Never a wait on the phone, English speaking helpful/knowledgeable individuals on the other end.
I was a Scottrade guy for 20+ years and was very happy. Now though I only deal with brokerage houses that allow the buying and selling of partial shares.

andial

((( member )))
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Toronto Dominion Ameritrade

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Ive had Ameritrade for 20 years, dont like they did away with the old platform, the sink or swim sucks, im thinking of switching, i use the level 2 a lot