• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Dr. Gary North with stage iii cancer

Krag

Planet earth
Platinum Bling
Dr. North lays out his cancer situation and treatment, it should be interesting. I wish him well. Personally, I don't believe in the high maintenance Gerson treatment, lots of juices and coffee enema. Weird. Not traditional.

https://www.garynorth.com/public/16960.cfm

SilverCity

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Not incidental or accidental, I would wager.

I was never a fan of his eschatology (Post-mil/Dominionist), though I did read some of his stuff back in the 80's and later.

SC

Last edited:

Krag

Planet earth
Platinum Bling
Any guesses on how many libertarians, patriots, their families and other gullible followers of North bought the Y2K propaganda and had serious financial difficulties as a result?? I don't think he ever really apologized for that episode.

SilverCity

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Well, the fear mongers made money, but it was a legitimate problem for computer-driven manufacturing. Intel Corp spent $300 million and started fixing problems 1 year ahead. Many companies did the same. The software was fixed and problems minimized. I know because I worked there. We had numerous "contingency plan" meetings. It would have been disastrous for our factory. The general public never saw anything like it was hyped and blamed the profiteers when "nothing happened".

SC

Last edited:

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Any guesses on how many libertarians, patriots, their families and other gullible followers of North bought the Y2K propaganda and had serious financial difficulties as a result?? I don't think he ever really apologized for that episode.
Y2K was actually a serious potential problem. Everything they were saying about it was true. It turned out to be virtually nothing because a lot of smart, dedicated people worked diligently to make it a non problem.

For what it's worth, Y2K turned me into a stacker.

Juristic Person

They drew first blood
Platinum Bling
No mention of cannabis oil....that's unfortunate

Alton

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
No mention of cannabis oil....that's unfortunate
I'm sure it's been brought to his attention. With his beliefs it may be too much to consider at this point. If the Gerson treatment fails it may be a last ditch option for him.

tom baxter

back from 2004
y2k was the natural response to the impending collapse in computer prices ushered in by the collapse of the IT bubble. They achieved 3 years of sales in a matter of months, all at the old higher prices. I remember the local technology stores had armed guards at the entrances because of how much cash was coming in the doors. At the time I couldn't afford to upgrade my computer and just kept using it, with the original software. Of course it never blew up or otherwise failed as the clock ticked over, and it was an old model. The money i saved on not being scammed allowed me to buy a new laptop a year later.

Krag

Planet earth
Platinum Bling
My uncle had prostrate surgery, he saw a couple senators at the time being a State department ambassador, Dole and Helms who had both gone through serious treatments. I think radioactive seeds are a good option. His pb muscle that controls urination was damaged in surgery, so he had a catheter for the rest of his life. He went the hormone "therapy" route.

Same thing with my sister's husband, 20 years ago went the radioactive seed approach. No relapses.

Aurumag

Dimly lit. Highly reflective
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Well, the fear mongers made money, but it was a legitimate problem for computer-driven manufacturing. Intel Corp spent $300 million and started fixing problems 1 year ahead. Many companies did the same. The software was fixed and problems minimized. I know because I worked there. We had numerous "contingency plan" meetings. It would have been disastrous for our factory. The general public never saw anything like it was hyped and blamed the profiteers when "nothing happened".

SC
I spent the entire year of 1999 upgrading PCs and servers, and the entire IT staff was on hand at midnight December 31st but nothing eventful happened.

I stocked up on milsurp ammo starting in 2001.

As for Gary North's course of treatment:

I will take a coffee enema over chemo treatment any day of the week.