• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Earth’s Relentless Warming Sets a Brutal New Record in 2017

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Dude don't temp me with home fries! I used to eat a whole iron skillet of my mom's. Serious goodness.
Oh man! That's the only way to make them. My grandpa used to make big cast iron skillets full of them and he always put onion in them. That's how I learned to love them. I have a set of cast iron in my kitchen and every so often, one of my skillets gets the honor of frying up a batch of potatoes and onion in butter and lard. One of the others fries the bacon and eggs and the old Pyrex percolator brews up some rich Colombian coffee. That's living!

newmisty

Duppy Conqueror
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Oh man! That's the only way to make them. My grandpa used to make big cast iron skillets full of them and he always put onion in them. That's how I learned to love them. I have a set of cast iron in my kitchen and every so often, one of my skillets gets the honor of frying up a batch of potatoes and onion in butter and lard. One of the others fries the bacon and eggs and the old Pyrex percolator brews up some rich Colombian coffee. That's living!
Farkin right Mr Gloin, my favorite dynamite power food for sure.

You sir are lucky I have a full belly or I'd be all sorts of flappin my gums at ya! :green tea: Sluuurp.

Merlin

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
I'm lo-carbing, so I don't share your iron--tater habit, though I have been there and done that. I find that my 7-inch iron skillet is the right size to sauté my onions, mushrooms and diced bell peppers for use in my scrambled eggs for two. By the way, share with us please, SoG how you keep your eggs from sticking on iron. I guess maybe fried eggs don't stick, right?

newmisty

Duppy Conqueror
Midas Member
Site Supporter
I'm lo-carbing, so I don't share your iron--tater habit, though I have been there and done that. I find that my 7-inch iron skillet is the right size to sauté my onions, mushrooms and diced bell peppers for use in my scrambled eggs for two. By the way, share with us please, SoG how you keep your eggs from sticking on iron. I guess maybe fried eggs don't stick, right?
I stopped lo-carbing a month ago and have been high carbing for extra winter insulation. Had a 4 egg, sausage and 3 pancake breakfast today. Last week though I was eating 5-6 eggs in the morning. Throwing around PT lumber in the teens and 20's burns them calories quick.

Get a big pile of onions sauted in coconut oil and drop the eggs in with that. That way they have a nice wet layer of onions to cook on and around. Eggs also like low slow heat so keeping the skillet at proper temp is a key as is a seasoned skillet.

Son of Gloin

Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
I'll second what NM said. Lots of pan lube and low heat help a lot. Also, I have a continual seasoning process I use on the stovetop. Whenever I use a skillet, which is almost every day for something or other, after I clean it up good, first with coarse salt, if anything sticks, (seldom, actually) I sanitize it with a bit of soap and water. Very gently. Then, it goes on the stove after I dry it, the heat goes on for a few minutes to dry the pores. Then, I get some bacon grease in the pan, maybe a teaspoon or less, if it's a small pan and coat the bottom and sides and just let that grease cook into the pan on a medium heat. If the grease pools, get a folded up paper towel and redistribute the oil around the pan, till it's cooked in. The longer I have my pans, the less often I need to go through that process. It works for me.

Merlin

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
My pans are pretty well seasoned. But I'm guilty of rushing things a bit in the morning when I'm hungry, LOL. I'll try slowing things down a bit over lower heat. It would be nice to be able to use one skillet :)

I'm by no means adequately prepped. But I could survive a couple of years with no outside interference. In a SHTF situation, though, just how likely is that? I fear my fellow men around me are dangerous--a much bigger problem to deal with than food and water.

newmisty

Duppy Conqueror
Midas Member
Site Supporter
My pans are pretty well seasoned. But I'm guilty of rushing things a bit in the morning when I'm hungry, LOL. I'll try slowing things down a bit over lower heat. It would be nice to be able to use one skillet :)

I'm by no means adequately prepped. But I could survive a couple of years with no outside interference. In a SHTF situation, though, just how likely is that? I fear my fellow men around me are dangerous--a much bigger problem to deal with than food and water.
I finally learned to pull the pan off the heat early, before the eggs are cooked and they cook by the time they get eaten(out of the pan :) ) They taste way better not overcooked too. Might have to revive my old Recipe thread now...

Son of Gloin

Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
I finally learned to pull the pan off the heat early, before the eggs are cooked and they cook by the time they get eaten(out of the pan :) ) They taste way better not overcooked too. Might have to revive my old Recipe thread now...
Exactly. If you turn off the heat when the eggs are almost done and let them in there for a few minutes to finish before serving them, good Lord do they taste so good. They're soft and fluffy, talking here about scrambled eggs and omelettes.

Son of Gloin

Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
..... I fear my fellow men around me are dangerous--a much bigger problem to deal with than food and water.
Well, hopefully you're well armed, Merlin. It's no guarantee, but it gives you a chance.

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
I agree with SoG, a good defense is a good offense.

GOLDBRIX

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
White areas are part of the legend provided by Never A Straight Answer, but modified for the Big Money Globalist Climate advocates :

Here is another NASA provided work with commentary and the ACTUAL Unedited Version(starts @1:50 mark) For you entertainment or edification:

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Earth’s Relentless Warming Sets a Brutal New Record in 2017

Hahahahaha, tell that to the people of the Eastern & Northeastern USA !!! They are still frozen in !

BarnacleBob

GIM Founding Member & Mod.
Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
For 100 yrs temps were recorded in corn fields, then sometime in the late seventies, early eighties temps began to be recorded over paved black asphault tarmacs & runways at airports! Got it? Geez is it any wonder why the data suggests rising temps???

newmisty

Duppy Conqueror
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Spring.jpg

gnome

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
For 100 yrs temps were recorded in corn fields, then sometime in the late seventies, early eighties temps began to be recorded over paved black asphault tarmacs & runways at airports! Got it? Geez is it any wonder why the data suggests rising temps???
The Heartland Institute, sponsored by fossil fuel industries, initiated a study led by skeptic scientist Richard Muller. It was the most comprehensive study of US weather stations ever conducted. They wanted to prove that heat-island effects and such were causing a warming bias in the data, but the data revealed the opposite.
Weather stations had a net cooling bias. Muller himself went from a skeptic to convinced of the evidence of global warming.
https://www.democracynow.org/2012/8/2/climate_skeptic_koch_funded_scientist_richard

Besides that, warming at weather stations are corroborated by multiple lines of evidence:

- Satellite measurements of surface temperatures
- migration of species of plants and animals towards higher altitudes and latitudes
- changes in USDA climate zone maps
- earlier last frost dates
- rising sea levels
- essentially all of the world's glaciers in retreat
- higher highs and higher lows

The evidence for global warming is overwhelming.

Scorpio

Скорпион
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
The evidence for global warming is overwhelming.
I don't have a problem with that, excepting this winter up here of course. Been a long time since we had such extended cold streaks. Regardless, that is very regional.

What I do have a problem with is causation.

Only the truly gullible or those with agendas are dumb enough to believe the falsus scientists and their disingenuous ideologies.

GOLDBRIX

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++

Son of Gloin

Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
I figured that as a typo for "false".
AND
With that I agree.
Falsus is actually a word, meaning deceived, misdirected, beguiled. I looked it up.

GOLDBRIX

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Falsus is actually a word, meaning deceived, misdirected, beguiled. I looked it up.
I only searched DictionarydotCom they did not even list it.
I figured that the meaning would be along the line you found SoG, THANX.

Merlin

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
That's no dumb bear!

Son of Gloin

Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
I only searched DictionarydotCom they did not even list it.
I figured that the meaning would be along the line you found SoG, THANX.
I'm glad you made a comment about the word. It got me curious enough to check on it. This place is great! Scorp us even teaching us Latin. What next?

GOLDBRIX

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
That's no dumb bear!
Well what would you expect from a Russian Polar Bear, that works/runs/helps a North American messageboard, writes in Cyrillic and knows Latin.
He's Da Man, err Da Bear. Hell he is whatever he wants to be.

I'm glad we got him here

Uglytruth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Can't believe the environmentalists continue to obsess about global warming with barely a whisper about Fukushima.

Focusing on what might happen while ignoring what's actually happening.
I'd love to see someone measuring canned foods like tuna or anything from the Pacific with a geiger counter. What about all the fallout over time? Didn't it end up in North America? There were reports of debris showing up along the western cost from Alaska to CA.

gnome

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I'd love to see someone measuring canned foods like tuna or anything from the Pacific with a geiger counter. What about all the fallout over time? Didn't it end up in North America? There were reports of debris showing up along the western cost from Alaska to CA.
A geiger counter is not really an effective tool for measuring radiation in food. A scintillator is more like it.

Woods Hole has done some good no-hype public-driven science on radiation in the Pacific.

http://www.whoi.edu/main/topic/fukushima-radiation

Area51

Silver Miner
Seeker
Last reports I heard they'd decided to take all the contaminated water currently stored and just dump it into the Pacific because it would "dilute" in the ocean and be harmless.

Thecrensh

Gold Member
Gold Chaser

Son of Gloin

Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
..... (per the glossary in a Michael Crichton book...can't remember the name).
State of Fear, I believe. That was a good one.

Thecrensh

Gold Member
Gold Chaser

Start at about the 1 hr 15 minute mark and Randal explains this climate change much better.
That's probably one of the best explanations of the long-term climate cycle, and how the Earth has been losing glaciers since well before internal combustion engines were invented that I've seen. Very well laid out...the graphs show that we're in a long term cooling phase with fluctuations....and that the climate of the last 10,000 years has been pretty darn stable.

Son of Gloin

Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
My favorite part was him informing the reader that the Goddard institute removed data (that he used in the book) showing temperature trends prior to 1880 after his book was published.
Which proves that they are liars. As if more proof was actually needed. One of the things I really liked about Crichton was that his books were not only entertaining, but extraordinarily informative, as well. He was a great writer.

Thecrensh

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Which proves that they are liars. As if more proof was actually needed. One of the things I really liked about Crichton was that his books were not only entertaining, but extraordinarily informative, as well. He was a great writer.
Exactly. If the AGW issue was a truly "settled" issue, then they would have zero problem with showing ALL the data. Instead, they've selectively shown only the data since 1880 for some strange reason...and anything after 1970 is potentially manipulated.

GOLDBRIX

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
From the exact same article ( Bold & Underline is my emphasis. gb):

"...When the IPCC’s declaration that the 20th century was the hottest in history didn’t square with the Medieval warm period, it was necessary to make it disappear. Michael Mann, two years removed from his PhD in physics, fabricated a temperature curve that supported their assertions with a relatively flat shape until it made an abrupt upturn at the 20th century, hence the term ‘hockey stick’ was applied to it. It was used to justify the warmists’ theory of everything. Referring to the IPCC’s Third Assessment Report (TAR), author Christopher Booker in his book The Real Global Warming Disaster quotes an unnamed observer, “without it, the TAR would have been a very different document, it would not have been able to conclude what it did, nor could the IPCC have convinced world leaders to take the actions they subsequently took”.

4th definition of FABRICATE - ...4. to fake; forge (a document, signature, etc.) -(DICTIONARY.COM)
So Michael Mann did NOT find a temperature curve, He CREATED a temperature curve.
aka
Figures can lie, and this liar figures.

LIED right into a multi-billion ( maybe a TRILLION) dollar scheme that world .govs and big business swallowed Hook,Line,&Sinker to the destruction of the people and their customers.

GOLDBRIX

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Hell, Algore got paid speaking fees for his faux Manmade C02 Warming Claims AND sat on several company boards in paid positions that hustled up contracts from the attendees of his BlatherCons.
Can You Say "RIP-OFF Artist" ? $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
I knew you could.

Area51

Silver Miner
Seeker
Hell, Algore got paid speaking fees for his faux Manmade C02 Warming Claims AND sat on several company boards in paid positions that hustled up contracts from the attendees of his BlatherCons.
Can You Say "RIP-OFF Artist" ? $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
I knew you could.
Pretty decent payoff for stepping aside and letting Dumbass Bush "win" the election.

GOLDBRIX

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Nothing "decent" about it. IMO

"Criminal" is more along the lines I'm thinking.