• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

eBay heads ups, sales, deals and offers

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Only $20 dollars?
only thing i can think of is it was suppose to be 119.88. or i'm missing something on the listing? reviews below listing are people that claim to have purchased 90% quarters from before. one complains about dates being partially rubbed, but that's it.

buy limit is 2

Fatrat

Silver Miner
https://www.ebay.com/itm/113225400051

FULL DATES Roll Of 40 $10 Face Value 90% Silver Washington Quarters
This listing is for ONE roll of circulated $10 Face Value 90% Silver Washington Quarters. Each roll will contain 40 random date pieces in average circulated condition with full dates. Photos provided are not the exact roll you will receive but represents the same product advertised.

Seller information
4050oscarfa (1593 )
100% Positive feedback

5 available / 20 sold in 1 hour

Price:
US $19.88
Looks like a"Mistake" auction, I don't buy those.

needler

Silver Member
Silver Miner
I bought them lol. I figure I'll get them or a refund so win win. Cases like this is 50/50 they may honor it.

the_shootist

Molon Labe! Deplorable Dreg!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Ebay just emailed me. They preemptively killed the transaction and said the account was compromised
That's been happening a lot I'm afraid. eBay is becoming less appealing as a source of bullion for me and this is only one reason why.

savvydon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
That's been happening a lot I'm afraid. eBay is becoming less appealing as a source of bullion for me and this is only one reason why.
It takes a good deal of experience, time, and luck to find and make bullion scores on eBay. Lacking any or all of these I usually just pony up with a trusted dealer. Different strokes for different folks...

needler

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Same I never bought precious metals on ebay before. Just canceled my orders. Instant refunds though.

savvydon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Same I never bought precious metals on ebay before. Just canceled my orders. Instant refunds though.
Bay has gotten better at protecting the buyer down through the years. These days the buyer is in the driver's seat, while the seller has to comply with all sorts of evolving requirements. It wasn't like this 20 years ago. It was a lot more like the wild west for a buyer back then.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
True however; eBay has become a haven for scammers. I'd now rather just buy direct from a trusted vendor than be bothered with navigating around the scammers. The eBucks gimmick is starting to wear thin, for me anyway. YMMV

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
100% of "trusted dealers" have an ebay page, except you get paid 2-3% back in CC rebates to take delivery + 10 % in ebucks. not to mention they all post better pricing on ebay than their dealer site to begin with.

my last 5 purchases, apmex, apmex, apmex. baypreciousmetals (largest wholesale vendor of gold in the united states, aka coinsNthings), coinexchange

Last edited:

stas3000

Silver Miner
Seeker
That would be nice although the minimum is high. Was thinking about some non-PM purchases under $100. Darn.

Now, you should be able to combine the eBay Bucks deal, if you get it, with a $10 off $50 deal if you got one a few days ago. It would have come to your PayPal email address from PayPal (not eBay) with the following title:
Go back to school now with $10 off $50 at eBay!
Unfortunately, the $10 off $50 coupon does not work with anything under the Coins & Paper Money category. However, collectibles and most of the other categories are ok.

needler

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Silver dipped faster then people could edit or make new listings.
So even when you add 10% ebay bucks it still makes most deals like $0.40 cents over spot on Junk or generics. Which is not anything special you can't get from the main dealers.

You can just tell its like vultures circling the deals on reddit.

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Silver dipped faster then people could edit or make new listings.
So even when you add 10% ebay bucks it still makes most deals like $0.40 cents over spot on Junk or generics. Which is not anything special you can't get from the main dealers.

You can just tell its like vultures circling the deals on reddit.
link me to junk for 96/roll from "main dealers" (same ones on ebay) over in the heads up thread. thanks

needler

Silver Member
Silver Miner
I didn't say it was spot. I said it's not anything special. As in not much of a deal. Spot is $101.72/roll

Last edited:

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
I didn't say it was spot. I said it's not anything special. As in not much of a deal. Spot is $101.72/roll
so to be clear, you don't like ebucks, but your going to stop in every week to less us know much you don't like them? got it.

lol way to show up in the thread to hate when gold is making a low and all the deals have dried up.

needler

Silver Member
Silver Miner
On ebay too? That's cool I didn't know that. I knew precious metals dealers sites do. But something on ebay that's not listed in bullion category update with spot too?

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
On ebay too? That's cool I didn't know that. I knew precious metals dealers sites do. But something on ebay that's not listed in bullion category update with spot too?
i don't know about private listings, but the dealer listings move with spot price

needler

Silver Member
Silver Miner
so to be clear, you don't like ebucks, but your going to stop in every week to less us know much you don't like them? got it.

lol way to show up in the thread to hate when gold is making a low and all the deals have dried up.
With a 85 to 1 ratio I wouldn't touch gold with a ten foot pole.

Even in 2011 when we had 1900 gold and 49 silver those ratios don't compare. Sure gold is down right now but look at the ratios to silver over the last years.

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
With a 85 to 1 ratio I wouldn't touch gold with a ten foot pole.

Even in 2011 when we had 1900 gold and 49 silver those ratios don't compare. Sure gold is down right now but look at the ratios to silver over the last years.
i have 99.5% silver stack, so yeah...preach to the choir more

the_shootist

Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter

stas3000

Silver Miner
Seeker