• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

eBay heads ups, sales, deals and offers

Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Head's up!

I didn't receive an email notification but I just logged into eBay and in my messages I had an offer for 10% ebucks on the app and 8% onsite.

Good through 11:59 on 12/19
Goood thing I've been a 'good boy' this past year, there seems to be so much excess fiat, I can't seem to avoid ANY of these Great Deals

i'm going with the 8%
my phone thinks i'm too poor to pay :(

once again, Thanks eBay and it pays to be diligent and it's great to be alive when the economy is so fucked up, people don't know whether to shit or wind their watch

LOL
:dog:

Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
LOL
you hit me before i got to edit this mess
my bad,
hey,
but, here's a pull for dilligence

there, I think that's it
nothing underlined
yep,
time for another

pedzola

Friend of Coal
I havent gotten the last couple of bucks deals. No message on this one either. Was there a link to use to check eligibility? I see them posted sometimes but not sure where people find those.

Head's up!

I didn't receive an email notification but I just logged into eBay and in my messages I had an offer for 10% ebucks on the app and 8% onsite.

Good through 11:59 on 12/19

Edited to add - it doesn't begin until 5AM tomorrow

I got nothing which is weird because I just bought a lot.

Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Tells me Wrong Code, Please Try Again
I checked and the item seems to qualify
AND
I got the invite on my computer, straight from ebay
eh

Thanks

Mr Paradise

Midas Member
Midas Member
Tells me Wrong Code, Please Try Again
I checked and the item seems to qualify
AND
I got the invite on my computer, straight from ebay
eh

Thanks
I haven’t tried it yet myself. Hopefully it works for everyone.

stas3000

Silver Miner
Seeker
Looks like another eBay code fail. My second in about a week actually! Too bad - I could put $5 off to good use! :)

I hate to say this but I've experienced quite a few eBay code issues over the years. I don't know if it's intentional for them but here's been my experience:
1) Get a notification about a code (via SlickDeals, eBay itself or some other way)
2) Try to follow directions
3) Get an error when trying to apply code
4) Contact Customer Service
5) Get minimal if any help after some wait time and explaining the issue several times

Occasionally you may get a REAL working code unique to your account out of it but in my opinion calling eBay is a waste of time when it comes to $5 off or $10 off codes.

To be fair, eBay does publish real working codes sometimes. I suppose, eBay Bucks is an example. Once my "certificate" is published, I can utilize it very quickly and without issues. Don't even have to worry about the code -- it just shows up during checkout.

the_shootist

Molon Labe! Deplorable Dreg!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Looks like another eBay code fail. My second in about a week actually! Too bad - I could put $5 off to good use! :)

I hate to say this but I've experienced quite a few eBay code issues over the years. I don't know if it's intentional for them but here's been my experience:
1) Get a notification about a code (via SlickDeals, eBay itself or some other way)
2) Try to follow directions
3) Get an error when trying to apply code
4) Contact Customer Service
5) Get minimal if any help after some wait time and explaining the issue several times

Occasionally you may get a REAL working code unique to your account out of it but in my opinion calling eBay is a waste of time when it comes to $5 off or $10 off codes.

To be fair, eBay does publish real working codes sometimes. I suppose, eBay Bucks is an example. Once my "certificate" is published, I can utilize it very quickly and without issues. Don't even have to worry about the code -- it just shows up during checkout.
Just tried it on a couple of 12 volt power supplies and got the Wrong Code error. Fuck eBay, I've done all the business I've needed to with those kikes...errr....merchants. Don't need to play their game any longer

Last edited:

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Any Intel on when the next 10% bucks will be offered?
Honestly I do not know, It appears to be a random thing to me. I usually get the 10% bucks but I end up not using it because I do not see anything that I am interested in buying with it.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Honestly I do not know, It appears to be a random thing to me. I usually get the 10% bucks but I end up not using it because I do not see anything that I am interested in buying with it.
Same here. It used to take me about an hour to use the 8-10% ebucks. Now I search for a couple of days and rarely find anything worth using it on. It used to be we all were chomping at the bit to spend money when the eBay buck hit but with all the restrictions you can no longer use it on, they have made it a non event.

Anyhow...Merry Christmas!!

Last edited:

davycoppitt

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Same here. It used to take me about an hour to use the 8-10% ebucks. Now I search for a couple of days and rarely find anything worth using it on. It used to be we all were chomping at the bit to spend money when the eBay buck hit but with all the restrictions you can no longer use it on, they have made it a non event.

Anyhow...Merry Christmas!!
For me it will pretty much be over in a week. Ebay will start sales tax for MN. My personal opinion sales tax will really hurt eBay.

eBay has been a sweet side gig for me for a long time. I will have to see if it's worth it anymore.

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
For me it will pretty much be over in a week. Ebay will start sales tax for MN. My personal opinion sales tax will really hurt eBay.

eBay has been a sweet side gig for me for a long time. I will have to see if it's worth it anymore.
Per the Ebay announcement, Ebay is supposed to start collecting MN sales tax on January 1, 2019. Yeah as a person doing business on ebay, the MN sales tax will IMO affect me because I have customers in MN that have bought '70's silver art bars from me. Although, I have repeat TN customers buy stuff from and I have been charging TN sales tax since I started my ebay/online business on January 2, 2018. I will have to see what happens when Ebay starts collecting sales tax from other states mentioned in the past announcements.

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Just got "End of The Year" 10% ebay bucks. Ends 12-27-2018 at 11:59 PM Pacific Time. No Minimums.

Caution: Probably same restrictions....................................cannot use on bullion section.

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I used my 10% ebay bucks on a Franklin Mint guidebook (in the books category). That is the first time in a loooong time that I used any ebay bucks. I paid with my Paypal Business debit card so I get 1% cashback on that purchase.

I used my 10% ebay bucks on a Franklin Mint guidebook (in the books category). That is the first time in a loooong time that I used any ebay bucks. I paid with my Paypal Business debit card so I get 1% cashback on that purchase.
I’m looking to get Giant Size X-Men 1 with $100 back.

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I’m looking to get Giant Size X-Men 1 with $100 back.
Comic books would have been my other option to use my bucks on but I have not made a new comic book "wish list" in a while. I need to see what back issues I am looking for. The last comic books that I bought was just over a month ago.

Last edited:

the_shootist

Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Just got "End of The Year" 10% ebay bucks. Ends 12-27-2018 at 11:59 PM Pacific Time. No Minimums.

Caution: Probably same restrictions....................................cannot use on bullion section.
It seems to apply to pre 1933 gold coins and 90% silver so there are opportunities but so far the premiums are making finding a great deal difficult. I'll still be looking though even though I said earlier I'm done will eBuck because I waffle a lot :)

Comic books would have been my other option to use my bucks on but I have not made a new comic book "wish list" in a while. I need to see what back issues I am looking for. The last comic books that I bought was just over a month ago.
After some thought i’m Going to buy PM’s vs $2,000 on a book. Gold and silver are known commodities where comic books are not for long term investment.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
After some thought i’m Going to buy PM’s vs $2,000 on a book. Gold and silver are known commodities where comic books are not for long term investment.
Comic books would make great kindling in case you need to build a fire to keep warm :)

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
It seems to apply to pre 1933 gold coins and 90% silver so there are opportunities but so far the premiums are making finding a great deal difficult. I'll still be looking though even though I said earlier I'm done will eBuck because I waffle a lot :)
It depends on what category it is listed in. If it is not listed in bullion, then you can earn ebay bucks on it (I think). I have seen some "collectible" silver bullion coins listed in other categories.

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Yeah I agree with this but I buy comic books to read. However, if I find a $2000 comic book for, for example, $5, then I will just flip it and make a ton of money on it to buy '70's silver art bars with the profit.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter

Millions of comic book collectors around the globe would disagree with you.
It depends on how long you think people could afford to pay the high price for a rare comic book. It's only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. The trick is finding that someone who is willing to pay what you want to get!

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling

It depends....................For example, Amazing Fantasy # 15 (1st Spider-Man appearance) if bought at the cover price when it came out in 1962 would be worth about five figures depending on grade. Then again hindsight is 20/20.

For someone like me, I have bought comic books on ebay before in the past just to help build my comic book collection to read. I have bought some silver age comic book at comic cons some I will read and some I will not. It depends. With close to 6000 comic books in my collection, I will get around to reading them if/when I have the time to do so.

EDIT: As the shootist said....................A comic book (like everything else) is worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
If I am going to use 10% ebay bucks, it will be on books (comic books or regular books). For me personally, that is the best use of ebay bucks since it cannot be used on bullion that is listed in the bullion category.

Lol, i’m At work and I was about to drop $1,800 on the comic book. One of my co-workers talked me out of it so I am trying to justify it. The truth be told I have been wanting this thing for years.

Mr Paradise

Midas Member
Midas Member
Good Luck explaining the value of your 90% or pre-33 to these guys when the food runs out.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Good Luck explaining the value of your 90% or pre-33 to these guys when the food runs out.

You seem to be somewhat limited in your thinking! Different situations demand the use of different value!

1545841912016.png

It depends on how long you think people could afford to pay the high price for a rare comic book. It's only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. The trick is finding that someone who is willing to pay what you want to get!
The comic books have been holding value for years if they are key issues. The sports card market collapsed though and that could happen again here.

The comic books have been holding value for years if they are key issues. The sports card market collapsed though and that could happen again here.
The sports card market didn't really collapse, the overproduced cards collapsed, and for a while even the blue chip stuff did stagnate, but has since risen to all time highs. If you're going 'key issues'; a 1952 Topps Mantle sold for nearly $3 million, Ty Cobb t-206 with a rare back sold for $1.1 million in a private sale, a 1951 Bowman Mantle sold Dec 8th for over $133,000, a complete run of Super Bowl Tickets sold in March for over $200,000. Since about 2016 it has absolutely exploded, and the high end stuff ALWAYS does well.

Mr Paradise

Midas Member
Midas Member
Overproduction and overcollecting as stated above killed the sports card market for a decade or two much like 90’s comics when every meatball living in his moms basement was buying 10 of every #1 thinking he was going to sell them for millions come 2030.

The rares will always at the very least maintain their value.
If 5 years ago you put your silver allowance into high grade Aquaman #1’s instead of Ag you’d be feeling a whole lot better right now.

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Just gold and you know they are picked over rejects from grading. Better to go with plain gold
Yep. They have to do something with the "imperfect" gold so throw a bone to all the gold buyers and sweeten the deal with 10% ebay bucks.

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Overproduction and overcollecting as stated above killed the sports card market for a decade or two much like 90’s comics when every meatball living in his moms basement was buying 10 of every #1 thinking he was going to sell them for millions come 2030.

The rares will always at the very least maintain their value.
If 5 years ago you put your silver allowance into high grade Aquaman #1’s instead of Ag you’d be feeling a whole lot better right now.
Or if one would have put their Ag allowance instead in New Mutants # 98 (1st appearance Deadpool)....................20/20 Hindsight.