• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

eBay heads ups, sales, deals and offers

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter

gringott

Killed then Resurrected
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Decided to purchase a Mexican 50 peso coin from APMEX yesterday to take advantage of 10% eBay bucks.
Just before completing the sale, a hundred dollar tax charge was added to the bill - cancelling out the eBay bucks advantage.

So for me anyway, the eBay PM party is over.

Did some research and the only state close to me without sales tax is Ohio. Seems there are three coin shops in Cincinnati. Looks like a road trip is in my future to check them out.

Cigarlover

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Decided to purchase a Mexican 50 peso coin from APMEX yesterday to take advantage of 10% eBay bucks.
Just before completing the sale, a hundred dollar tax charge was added to the bill - cancelling out the eBay bucks advantage.

Did some research and the only state close to me without sales tax is Ohio. Seems there are three coin shops in Cincinnati. Looks like a road trip is in my future to check them out.
Must be a change in the law. PM's were taxed here when I moved here so I was going to PA to buy mine.

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling

Must be a change in the law. PM's were taxed here when I moved here so I was going to PA to buy mine.
Yeah it has to do with the SCOTUS Internet Sales Tax decision (in favor of South Dakota which requires out-of-state retailers to collect sales tax for other states) that was handed down late June 2018. The big online bullion dealers have been implementing this since that SCOTUS decision. Starting next year, ebay will start collecting sales taxes on the behalf of certain states. That will affect me as a ebay/online business since I have customers from all 50 states that have bought collectible silver art bars/rounds/coins from me. The closest state to me (within 4 miles) without a sales tax on bullion is Georgia, however, I have a TN "resellers" license which allows me to buy bullion sales tax free (for resell purposes).

For me as an ebay seller, I have been getting several sales from customers that live in states that Ebay will start collecting sales tax on next year.

As an ebay buyer, I have been buying some books (silver art bar guidebooks) from ebay sellers outside TN that do not charge TN sales tax before the new year starts. The 10% ebay bucks came in handy because it came right before the end of the year and I was able to use it to buy some eligible items from ebay sellers before Ebay sales tax collection starts at the beginning of 2019. Although TN is not on the Ebay collection list.......yet.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter

I presume you left the 50 Peso on the table and AMPEX lost the sale! Looks like the new tax laws will be killing the eBay golden goose for retailers.

Good!!

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter

A guide for buying, I buy US gold and silver coins cause Floriduh doesn't tax them...https://thecoinologist.com/sales-tax-state-by-state-breakdown/

15% off this listing works

BigJim#1-8

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
I tried, it didn't work for me???

BigJim#1-8

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
$10 gold eagle cleaned @ ~$44 under spot with ebay bucks + 1% CC cash back using code
"popupsavings"
Hurry, only 4 left!

ms

Details about $10 Liberty Gold Eagle (Cleaned) - SKU #156448
Buy with confidence & Free Shipping from APMEX on eBay!

Item Information

Condition:
--not specified

Quantity:
4 available

306 sold

More than 98% sold

You'll earn $6.89 in eBay Bucks. See conditions
https://www.ebay.com/itm/142834554729

Edit:

1546047190669.png

Last edited:

bemac

Midas Member
Midas Member
I did that, it wouldn't let me enter the code......No biggie. Thanks anyway.
It will not work on anything touching the BULLION category. But it's pretty cool that it works on other coin categories. Looks like up to $100 off.

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I did that, it wouldn't let me enter the code......No biggie. Thanks anyway.
I tried it too but it would not work for me on anything in coin & paper money category even if it was not in the bullion category. Not a big deal since I was able to use 10% ebay bucks.

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
I did something different, I bought two gun holsters
6.50 each after the deal

That's cheap right there
Id like to find a holster like the guy on the mummy movie had , I think it held 4 pistols and some mags

stas3000

Silver Miner
Seeker
Happy New Year to all. Check your accounts - eBay Bucks certificates arrived early this quarter. Mine already available. Usually need to wait until third day of following quarter.

Liberty Coin dropped price on its 1 oz Platinum bars to a fairly decent premium by today's standards - you can celebrate early arrival by dropping all of your certificate on one of them. :)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/281631161928

Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Mine didn't look anything like that rig

More like these:

1546492637478.png

They fit 9mm Glocks and room for a spare magazine.
For less than 7.00, it's actually a good value

I also use one for my new Crosman P10 CO2 shooter

I had two earlier C11's but I used 'em both up, the seals finally blew out and they're so cheap, it was time to buy a new one at Wallyworld
I'm using those old holsters currently, to house Glocks in luxury and security :)

Can't ever have enough holsters, holsters for every occasion and every weapon

and every price point

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I think I received one or two offers in October but they're are far less frequent/common than after eBay Bucks are no longer available for most buyers.
I'm so confused. I get ebaybucks but never any coup'ins anymore.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
I already spent my ebucks on enhancing my retirement portfolio while it was still there. I don't trust eBay and PayPal any further than I can pick up and throw their corporate headquarters.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Don't know why these are up still...
Huge US Silver Coin Lot - (180) 90% Silver Washington Quarters Mixed Dates
for $525 shipped
https://www.ebay.com/itm/362525987405

Huge US Silver Coin Lot - (220) 90% Silver Roosevelt Dimes Mixed Dates
for $260 shipped
https://www.ebay.com/itm/362525993711
Both auctions have been ended by the seller because of an 'error' in the listings. You should have claimed them while you could have. Too late now!

I did find this one though....perhaps from the same seller.

Huge US Silver Coin Lot - (180) 90% Silver Washington Quarters Mixed Dates

“Huge US Silver Coin Lot - (180) 90% Silver Washington Quarters Mixed Dates. PLEASE SEE PICTURES AND ”

Price:
US $514.95 - just under spot

Last edited: