• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

eBay heads ups, sales, deals and offers

stas3000

Silver Miner
Seeker
Both auctions have been ended by the seller because of an 'error' in the listings. You should have claimed them while you could have. Too late now!

I did find this one though....perhaps from the same seller.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Huge-US-Silver-Coin-Lot-180-90-Silver-Washington-Quarters-Mixed-Dates/312415266206?_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIC.MBE&ao=2&asc=20140602152332&meid=ddec07ef7dd743f9893415f9193d03c3&pid=100011&rk=2&rkt=12&sd=362525987405&itm=312415266206&_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850

Huge US Silver Coin Lot - (180) 90% Silver Washington Quarters Mixed Dates

“Huge US Silver Coin Lot - (180) 90% Silver Washington Quarters Mixed Dates. PLEASE SEE PICTURES AND ”

Price:
US $514.95 - just under spot
The lot of dimes got relisted at lower price too. Go figure. Will go quickly.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
The lot of dimes got relisted at lower price too. Go figure. Will go quickly.
Yeah, the dealer seems like he's more of a collectable vendor who like to ask high premiums on more rare coins rather than a bullion dealer. He might have got the junk silver as part of an estate buy and is liquidating it at melt to get rid of it. Somebody will get lucky soon.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter

stas3000

Silver Miner
Seeker
Seems legit. Has lots of other current auctions in place too

Shop with confidence

Top Rated Plus
Trusted seller, fast shipping, and easy returns. Learn more- opens in new window or tab

eBay Money Back Guarantee
Get the item you ordered or get your money back. Learn more- opens in new window or tab
Seller information
gfrc-coins (10929 )
100% Positive feedback

Save this Seller
Contact seller
Visit store
See other items
That was probably in reference to the Morgan dollars listing at $4.99 per.

Agree that the dimes and quarters were coming from a legitimate source.

Last edited:

edsl48

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
I agree on that because recently I purchased a well worn key date (1932D) Washington Quarter to almost finish my Whitman Coin album set that I put together when I was in my early teens. The coupon made me jump on it. Made me feel good to complete something I started over 50 years ago.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
I agree on that because recently I purchased a well worn key date (1932D) Washington Quarter to almost finish my Whitman Coin album set that I put together when I was in my early teens. The coupon made me jump on it. Made me feel good to complete something I started over 50 years ago.
Congratulations man!!:2 thumbs up:

stas3000

Silver Miner
Seeker
It's been bought up before but be careful with eBay Bucks, eBay coupons, etc. Much of the time it can work great but sometimes it's a mess. Quick explanation: I used eBay Bucks earned last quarter on a non-coin purchase recently. Unfortunately, the item was defective but the seller was cool about it. Refund done via PayPal. The problem is... the funds (eBay Bucks) are nowhere to be found now even though eBay's policy is to give buyers 21 days to use refunded eBay Bucks. PayPal says talk to eBay and eBay says talk to PP. Days later and several phone calls later... no luck getting this resolved. Thank goodness the amount was under $20.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
It's been bought up before but be careful with eBay Bucks, eBay coupons, etc. Much of the time it can work great but sometimes it's a mess. Quick explanation: I used eBay Bucks earned last quarter on a non-coin purchase recently. Unfortunately, the item was defective but the seller was cool about it. Refund done via PayPal. The problem is... the funds (eBay Bucks) are nowhere to be found now even though eBay's policy is to give buyers 21 days to use refunded eBay Bucks. PayPal says talk to eBay and eBay says talk to PP. Days later and several phone calls later... no luck getting this resolved. Thank goodness the amount was under $20.
I made that same mistake and you will have to work to get your bucks credited back. Any time you need to return an item do it through eBay ONLY. eBay is the entity which controls eBay bucks. Paypal has no control over them and will shrug their shoulders at you. eBay will handle both your PayPal refund and also restore your eBay buck credit.

stas3000

Silver Miner
Seeker
I made that same mistake and you will have to work to get your bucks credited back. Any time you need to return an item do it through eBay ONLY. eBay is the entity which controls eBay bucks. Paypal has no control over them and will shrug their shoulders at you. eBay will handle both your PayPal refund and also restore your eBay buck credit.
This is really on eBay as opposed to sellers or buyers but I imagine that perhaps after a week or so it may all work out. Or not. I've never had this particular issue with refunds in the past. Purchases paid for with eBay Bucks that got refunded gave me those eBay Bucks back and I used them elsewhere prior to expiration. That's even in their current eBay Bucks policy. But, of course, eBay changes policies, features, etc frequently so if something was the case a year or even a quarter ago does not predict what is going to happen today...

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
This is really on eBay as opposed to sellers or buyers but I imagine that perhaps after a week or so it may all work out. Or not. I've never had this particular issue with refunds in the past. Purchases paid for with eBay Bucks that got refunded gave me those eBay Bucks back and I used them elsewhere prior to expiration. That's even in their current eBay Bucks policy. But, of course, eBay changes policies, features, etc frequently so if something was the case a year or even a quarter ago does not predict what is going to happen today...
Those organizations are owned by the same people who own the central banks!

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
None for me btards
I got it. Check your messages in your eBay account (if you haven't already). You also want to try and keep checking as I've seen in the past where everyone got the notice before it would finally pop in for me. It may be they haven't sent the message out to you yet

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
I got it. Check your messages in your eBay account (if you haven't already). You also want to try and keep checking as I've seen in the past where everyone got the notice before it would finally pop in for me. It may be they haven't sent the message out to you yet
Checked a few time, no bucks for me and I bought the !15%one

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Checked a few time, no bucks for me and I bought the !15%one
I'm more interested in waiting for the 10%-15% off one time purchase coupons. The whole ebucks thing is starting to bore me and only being able to get issued my buck 4 times a year, and only 30 days to 'spend' it is getting old. I want to save the money now!

stAGgering

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Seeker
OK for sh**ts and giggles I bought 2 roosters on credit card.
Will vid opening and testing for legal purposes.
Purchased 2 listed without any misspelled words in listing.
Wish me weight and no "Made in China" stamp.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Swizerland...=item48bea872b1:g:gzgAAOSwPntcRIyv:rk:14:pf:0

https://www.ebay.com/itm/F-RENCH-RO...=item591d37d48f:g:a78AAOSwDaBcRG41:rk:21:pf:0

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1811-FRANC...h=item3645fec7e1:g:OdYAAOSwcZ1cRLWC:rk:2:pf:0

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE

Ebay says :
We had to remove this listing from the site and you're not required to complete the transaction. If you've already sent payment, the sale should process as normal and you don't have anything to worry about. If you have any questions about delivery, please check tracking or contact your seller. If you run into any trouble along the way eBay is here to help. Please visit the Resolution Center to help resolve any problems you may encounter.
This user is no longer registered on eBay.

Haaa haaaa haaaaa !
Ebay says, no problem, we got our cut, call if you can prove you got NOTHING !
"Life izs gooood" Carey

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE 2 UPDATE 2 UPDATE 2 January 31st

All refunded as never collected through Paypal by the Ebay seller.
I left it for them 5 business days, as the risk is not mine.
Guess I should have mailed a check !!

Last edited:

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
ooooohhhhhhh !
Supah deals right here.
Let me know how they weigh in !

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Swizerland...=item48bea872b1:g:gzgAAOSwPntcRIyv:rk:14:pf:0

https://www.ebay.com/itm/F-RENCH-RO...=item591d37d48f:g:a78AAOSwDaBcRG41:rk:21:pf:0

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1811-FRANC...h=item3645fec7e1:g:OdYAAOSwcZ1cRLWC:rk:2:pf:0
Good luck! It's worth the risk ( to me, because it's your money), especially with the eBay's money back guarantee covering you.

Last edited:

stas3000

Silver Miner
Seeker
ooooohhhhhhh !
Supah deals right here.
Let me know how they weigh in !

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE

Ebay says :
We had to remove this listing from the site and you're not required to complete the transaction. If you've already sent payment, the sale should process as normal and you don't have anything to worry about. If you have any questions about delivery, please check tracking or contact your seller. If you run into any trouble along the way eBay is here to help. Please visit the Resolution Center to help resolve any problems you may encounter.
This user is no longer registered on eBay.

Haaa haaaa haaaaa !
Ebay says, no problem, we got our cut, call if you can prove you got NOTHING !
"Life izs gooood" Carey
As I I figured, these items would be more fitting for the "Great Snags and WTF's" thread. :( Hope you get reimbursed quickly. The eBay Bucks debacle I had earlier finally got itself worked out. However, it's amazing how misinformed eBay employees -- both in the US and overseas -- are about their policies as far as a variety of eBay-specific topics are concerned. Hope you won't have to wait forever.

stas3000

Silver Miner
Seeker
Do Ebay bucks work on bullion?
Assuming you are referring to items listed in the Bullion sub-castegory under Coins & Paper Money... To redeem? Yes! To earn? No.

A "bullion" item listed in a different category will earn eBay Bucks. It's all about the category seller chooses.

Assuming you are referring to items listed in the Bullion sub-castegory under Coins & Paper Money... To redeem? Yes! To earn? No.

A "bullion" item listed in a different category will earn eBay Bucks. It's all about the category seller chooses.
I have some redeemable bucks that I haven't spent yet. Just wanted to make sure I could buy bullion. Can't find any good deals though.

stas3000

Silver Miner
Seeker
I have some redeemable bucks that I haven't spent yet. Just wanted to make sure I could buy bullion. Can't find any good deals though.
Redemption process should be no problem for the Bullion items within the Coin category. As to deals, rolls of 90% silver are still available for good prices from several major dealers. Liberty coin is also discounting a 1 oz platinum to a $20-30/oz premium which is much better than what physical platinum sells for now. Worth checking APMEX and other dealers' pages as they often discount items for a day or a week.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Are the ms 64 $20 Saint-Gaudens Gold Double Eagle the best value right now if I want exposure to gold and possible upside for the coin itself?

savvydon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Are the ms 64 $20 Saint-Gaudens Gold Double Eagle the best value right now if I want exposure to gold and possible upside for the coin itself?
Premiums for graded double eagles are at an all time low percentage wise right now.Always buy what you like, just in case you need to sit on it for awhile. That being said, it is hard to beat the combination of bullion content and 100 year old uncirculated/graded US gold. If you see a price point that resonates for you, go for it.

Premiums for graded double eagles are at an all time low percentage wise right now.Always buy what you like, just in case you need to sit on it for awhile. That being said, it is hard to beat the combination of bullion content and 100 year old uncirculated/graded US gold. If you see a price point that resonates for you, go for it.
After looking around the day, looks like the best bet overall. I think they look better than much of the new stuff, I don't see much down side either. Do you have any better suggestions? Thanks

savvydon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
After looking around the day, looks like the best bet overall. I think they look better than much of the new stuff, I don't see much down side either. Do you have any better suggestions? Thanks
It is a matter of taste. Personally, I came to PMs through coin collecting. I have always been drawn to the history behind the coins. That being said, I grew tired of putting my money into assets that were often illiquid and hard to sell for any decent return. These double eagles seem to satisfy both the needs of the stacker and collector about as well as anything I know, from the US that is. As brother Irons and many others on this site will attest, old foreign gold is frequently available at or close to melt. As long as you are buying genuine product foreign gold is another great way to satisfy the collector and stacker in a person simultaneously.

It is a matter of taste. Personally, I came to PMs through coin collecting. I have always been drawn to the history behind the coins. That being said, I grew tired of putting my money into assets that were often illiquid and hard to sell for any decent return. These double eagles seem to satisfy both the needs of the stacker and collector about as well as anything I know, from the US that is. As brother Irons and many others on this site will attest, old foreign gold is frequently available at or close to melt. As long as you are buying genuine product foreign gold is another great way to satisfy the collector and stacker in a person simultaneously.
Any preference raw vs pcgs vs ngc?

savvydon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I have a tester so authentication of raw coins is not a problem for me if I want to go that route. If you don't have a good way to test a coin just make sure your seller is reliable. Most big retailers out there, or a trusted LCS, probably are. Beyond that it comes down to individual tastes. The other consideration is what to do when it is time to sell. Years ago I built a wooden box to house a complete set of raw Morgan dollars. I liked the set concept and I liked having raw dollars, and wasn't especially interested in what someone else thought of or graded them as. Problem was, as the set became more and more high grade and expensive it became clear that I was going to need to have them slabbed in order to expect any kind of return on resale. So, depends on your needs, tastes and circumstances. No right or wrong here.

As to NGC vs PCGS I would say that the main difference is six on one and half a dozen on the other.;)

I have a tester so authentication of raw coins is not a problem for me if I want to go that route. If you don't have a good way to test a coin just make sure your seller is reliable. Most big retailers out there, or a trusted LCS, probably are. Beyond that it comes down to individual tastes. The other consideration is what to do when it is time to sell. Years ago I built a wooden box to house a complete set of raw Morgan dollars. I liked the set concept and I liked having raw dollars, and wasn't especially interested in what someone else thought of or graded them as. Problem was, as the set became more and more high grade and expensive it became clear that I was going to need to have them slabbed in order to expect any kind of return on resale. So, depends on your needs, tastes and circumstances. No right or wrong here.

As to NGC vs PCGS I would say that the main difference is six on one and half a dozen on the other.;)
Just picked up a 1924 $20 NGC MS 64 Saint-Gaudens for $1485-1% ebay bucks and 2.5% credit card points, I know it's the most common date but looks really good.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1924-20-NG...-Double-Eagle-20-Gold-Coin-AD595/382744121009

savvydon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser