• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

eBay heads ups, sales, deals and offers

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter

stAGgering

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Seeker
Ebay Bucks 8% through the 14th.
No code invited only ?
I am.

Earn on what your heart desires. Ends 2/14 11:59 PT

Last edited:

stas3000

Silver Miner
Seeker
Ebay Bucks 8% through the 14th.
No code invited only ?
I am.

Earn on what your heart desires. Ends 2/14 11:59 PT
Wonder if lots of people got that invitation or if eBay is making these more "exclusive". I haven't been invited in a few weeks, maybe all year? Not keeping really tight track to be honest. Definitely missed this and last week's promotions.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
I got the offer today. I used it to save 6 bucks on a new set of 4 hydraulic hoses for my John Deere plow

iDShaDoW

I was getting tons of them for awhile too but back when I wasn't actually doing anything or had interest in precious metals.

Now that I do; I get no eBay promos.

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
None for me either, Drats.

stas3000

Silver Miner
Seeker
Just got an invitation:
Earn 6% on qualifying items, no minimum, 8% on items $25 or more
Expires: Feb 20, 2019 11:59 PM PST
To find out if you did too, one of the best things to do is to go to ebay.com, log out, log back in and then check the home page. It should be one of the first things you see. Looks like other than bullion our favorite category is included. :)

Fine print:
*Qualifying items exclude all items in the following categories: Classifieds; Business & Industrial, but only for Heavy Equipment within that category; Real Estate; Gift Cards & Coupons, including eBay Gift Cards, Gift Cards, and Digital Gifts within that category; Bullion within the Coins & Paper category; and all categories in Motors, except Parts & Accessories.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Just got an invitation:
Earn 6% on qualifying items, no minimum, 8% on items $25 or more
Expires: Feb 20, 2019 11:59 PM PST
To find out if you did too, one of the best things to do is to go to ebay.com, log out, log back in and then check the home page. It should be one of the first things you see. Looks like other than bullion our favorite category is included. :)

Fine print:
*Qualifying items exclude all items in the following categories: Classifieds; Business & Industrial, but only for Heavy Equipment within that category; Real Estate; Gift Cards & Coupons, including eBay Gift Cards, Gift Cards, and Digital Gifts within that category; Bullion within the Coins & Paper category; and all categories in Motors, except Parts & Accessories.
I think eBucks only works on these now and not much else!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Multispeed...tClass!03873!US!-1:rk:2:pf:0&var=562587590377

iDShaDoW

Just got my 8% deal; seems like no AGE's or Maples are eligible... disappointing...

Does anyone know a good way (or maybe could locate) some listings for AGEs or newer Maples (with the security features) that are eligible for eBay Bucks?

I did find some random slabbed coins that are graded...

Last edited:

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Grrr... foolishly clicked on that link and now prominently displayed on my ebay home page under "recently viewed items" is a vibrating dildo.
When will I learn?
Terrible manners of him...

iDShaDoW

This was posted earlier by JayDubia? https://findbullionprices.com/ebay-bucks-bullion-deals.php?discount=10&type=gold It will help, but read thru it first.
Thanks. I had actually come across that too. Mainly saw the pre-1933 coins and some others but not AGEs/Maples unfortuantely.

Grrr... foolishly clicked on that link and now prominently displayed on my ebay home page under "recently viewed items" is a vibrating dildo.
When will I learn?
Lol... happened to me too... I was actually on my work laptop...

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Closest to those are the Canadian 1/2 ounce commemoratives or the American Arts medals 1 ounce.

iDShaDoW

Nice, guess I'll sift through and see if there's any 1oz Gold Maples with the little laser engraved security thing that's eligible.

Otherwise I'm kind of partial to the AGE's just because I'm in the US and it's nice to know they don't get dinged up so easy (is it true the .9999 coins are that easily damaged or is that an exaggeration?).

Saw a slabbed PF69 Proof 1oz AGE for close to spot with the eBay Bucks. Or maybe I should get a sigma metalytics devices.

Edit: Actually found one close that gets close to spot, it's slabbed though.

Last edited:

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
When will I learn?
Welcome to our little home away from home :)
Sorry about the dildo. It seemed like a good idea at the time!

stas3000

Silver Miner
Seeker
I'm sure others are thinking this so I'll just come out and say it... why did this Bucks promo come out just as PM's jumped!?!?!
Silver Price $16
Gold Price $1,344
Platinum Price $820
Palladium Price $1,500

:totally steamed:

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
I'm sure others are thinking this so I'll just come out and say it... why did this Bucks promo come out just as PM's jumped!?!?!
Silver Price $16
Gold Price $1,344
Platinum Price $820
Palladium Price $1,500

Yeah, haven't bought any PMs because of eBucks in a long time. That ship has sailed

engineear

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
I'll be sueing them for this! Year's ago, before marriage, a certain company wanted certain items to make molds of. Needing money st the time I said I'd oblige, with the understanding that I'd receive a "mold fee" and residuals over my lifetime, which ive been handsomely rewardeded. But, they were not to use different colors or...MAKE IT SMALLER!!

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
I'll be sueing them for this! Year's ago, before marriage, a certain company wanted certain items to make molds of. Needing money st the time I said I'd oblige, with the understanding that I'd receive a "mold fee" and residuals over my lifetime, which ive been handsomely rewardeded. But, they were not to use different colors or...MAKE IT SMALLER!!
You must be quite embarrassed!!

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Silver Price $16
Gold Price $1,344
Platinum Price $820
Palladium Price $1,500

Not to mention preiums have risen to where its bout impossible to get much at melt , used to be able to get decent price on quarter rolls.

iDShaDoW

Just learned the hard way that eBay Gift Cards don't work on bullion due to eBay restrictions... I had an issue with eBay Gift Cards in the past for something else that I completely forgot about and told myself I'd swore off buying eBay cards ever again... This is a good reminder of that.

Managed to get myself a Sigma Metalytics PMV though with the 8% eBay Bucks promo.

Wanted to know for future reference if eBay has the same restrictions on using VISA Gift Cards for bullion/coins?

nychad10

Just learned the hard way that eBay Gift Cards don't work on bullion due to eBay restrictions... I had an issue with eBay Gift Cards in the past for something else that I completely forgot about and told myself I'd swore off buying eBay cards ever again... This is a good reminder of that.

Managed to get myself a Sigma Metalytics PMV though with the 8% eBay Bucks promo.

Wanted to know for future reference if eBay has the same restrictions on using VISA Gift Cards for bullion/coins?
I’m looking to get a Sigma Metalytics PMV with the 3 wands. We’re you able to use the gift cards for your Sigma Metalytics purchase?

stas3000

Silver Miner
Seeker

Pretty sure that pre-paid Visa cards are ok if that's what you mean. But one thing I can tell you for sure is that you need to always read fine print with eBay. That company changes terms all the time. If something works in 2018, you can bet it's probably going to change in 2019. Sometimes in your favor, other times not. When it comes to eBay Bucks, selling promotions, etc... reading the fine print is annoying but critical. Like you, I had to learn that the hard way a few times.

iDShaDoW

I’m looking to get a Sigma Metalytics PMV with the 3 wands. We’re you able to use the gift cards for your Sigma Metalytics purchase?
eBay Gift Cards worked for the Sigma Metalytics PMV no problem. Keep in mind that they only let you combine up to 8 gift cards in one purchase (and then they gave me warnings saying I used too many and had to wait a few days). This was after using like 3 of them.

Will have to look into the VISA ones - sucks that they cap out typically at $500 on the gift card limit and eBay doesn't let you stack them.

goldfanbrad

Seeker
But one thing I can tell you for sure is that you need to always read fine print with eBay. That company changes terms all the time. If something works in 2018, you can bet it's probably going to change in 2019. Sometimes in your favor, other times not. When it comes to eBay Bucks, selling promotions, etc... reading the fine print is annoying but critical. Like you, I had to learn that the hard way a few times.
Definitely agree on the fine print. For years ebay has sent me selling promotions several times a year across my various ebay accounts. Usually 50% off selling fees, or $10 maximum selling fee, etc. Got the $10 max selling fee offer last week and for the first time the Coins and Paper Money category was an excluded category for the offer. Decided to list a few BIN silver coin lots in the Antiques: Silver: Coin Silver (.900) category. Way less views on the items. Just glad I read the fine print.

nychad10

eBay Gift Cards worked for the Sigma Metalytics PMV no problem. Keep in mind that they only let you combine up to 8 gift cards in one purchase (and then they gave me warnings saying I used too many and had to wait a few days). This was after using like 3 of them.

Will have to look into the VISA ones - sucks that they cap out typically at $500 on the gift card limit and eBay doesn't let you stack them.
If you don’t mind telling me who you purchased it from aunt Ebay. You may have to send that info to me in a private message. I’m not sure of the rules here as far as posting that information.

I ask because in the past year I I’ve attempted to purchase some coins with eBay gift cards and they would not work. I can sometimes get Ebay gift card as much is 5% off so it would be a decwnt savings since most of Sigma Metalytics PMV 3 wands cost $750.
Thank you in advance

goldfanbrad

Seeker
If you don’t mind telling me who you purchased it from aunt Ebay. You may have to send that info to me in a private message. I’m not sure of the rules here as far as posting that information.

I ask because in the past year I I’ve attempted to purchase some coins with eBay gift cards and they would not work. I can sometimes get Ebay gift card as much is 5% off so it would be a decwnt savings since most of Sigma Metalytics PMV 3 wands cost $750.
Thank you in advance
On ebay it all depends on the category listings. If an item is listed in the Coins and Paper money category, you can't use gift cards. You couldn't buy a pair of shoes with ebay gift cards if they are listed in a Coins category. But you can buy coins with gift cards if they listed in the clothing or shoes category.

stas3000

Silver Miner
Seeker
Thanks. Got it on one of the accounts. Details from eBay below. Thankfully, coins are included! However, those that don't use the app get 6% only.

10% in eBay Bucks on every qualifying item of $25 or more when you buy within the latest version of the eBay Mobile App (the “Promotion”).
6% in eBay Bucks on every qualifying item of $25 or more (the “Promotion”).

The Promotion starts at 5:00AM PT on February 25, 2019 and ends at 11:59PM PT on February 26, 2019 (the “Promotion Period”). The Promotion applies to any qualifying items purchased during the Promotion Period that meet the minimum purchase requirement. You must activate the offer to qualify.