• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

eBay heads ups, sales, deals and offers

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
site that list items with bucks @ standard rate

http://bucks.seanmckaybeck.com/
Standard rate by default, just noticed you can change the bucks rate to 10 for more accurate coupon pricing. Also, change your credit card cash back amount

Then once the CC + CB is set, click the column Diff melt w/ bucks & cashback and it ranks everything with 50 peso at the top as shootist mentioned

Last edited:

Scorpio

Скорпион
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
Last edited:

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
I no longer get eBay bucks offers so I no longer buy metals off eBay. Without the bucks it's cheaper to buy direct from the vendor
Show me a vendor website cheaper than +9.99/7.99, then getting paid 2% back to take delivery and cheaper than + .34 or even .54 plus 2% back to take delivery. Thanks

the_shootist

Targeted!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
I have no doubt but I'm not the type of guy that tries to save 1% here and 2% there. I have one credit card through my credit union which I use simply as a buying tool. The balance on it is typically zero. I'd much rather use a credit card for online purchases than a debit card. I'd rather Visa's money at risk, not mine!

Regarding PM purchases...I buy it because I want it and I pay the best price there is at the time that I want it that I can. At this point gold spot is above my comfort zone considering what I've paid for gold in the past. If there are eBuck incentives that bring the total cost incentive below spot then I would consider buying, no eBay bucks means I either buy from a vendor direct or I sit on the sidelines.

Nothing works for everybody but I sure am glad your system works well for you sir

Last edited:

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Well yeah, spot is too high , but that's a separate issue all together. Ebay is still the cheapest if you're a buyer. Your original comment was metals are cheaper from vendor websites, but theyre not that i can see.

As far as credit cards, i buy everything on a 2% cash back card and pay it off immediately, regardless if it's ebay, grocery, bills or whatever.

Not saying it factors into buying anything, but Vendor site wants 30 bucks to use my CC, ebay pays 2% me to take delivery and has better pricing always. No brainer, IF you're a buyer.

the_shootist

Targeted!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Well yeah, spot is too high , but that's a separate issue all together. Ebay is still the cheapest if you're a buyer. Your original comment was metals are cheaper from vendor websites, but theyre not that i can see.

As far as credit cards, i buy everything on a 2% cash back card and pay it off immediately, regardless if it's ebay, grocery, bills or whatever.

Not saying it factors into buying anything, but Vendor site wants 30 bucks to use my CC, ebay pays 2% me to take delivery and has better pricing always. No brainer, IF you're a buyer.
Try looking when vendors like APMEX has a special price item on ebay. Then go check what that same item costs on their website. There isn't usually much difference and the website is often a bit cheaper.

Of course mileage may vary :)

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
The best vendor deal available i already posted in the heads up thread and theyre higher than ebay, this is the case more times than not. Maybe 10% of the time a vendor site is cheaper and usually silver only

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
As far as bucks, all you have to do is make alternate accounts. My primary didnt receive the last 10%'er (first time in forever), but my alt account did

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner

the_shootist

Targeted!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
As far as bucks, all you have to do is make alternate accounts. My primary didnt receive the last 10%'er (first time in forever), but my alt account did
I shouldn't have to. I'm not that desperate for their bucks and don't feel like keeping track of multiple accounts

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
I shouldn't have to. I'm not that desperate for their bucks and don't feel like keeping track of multiple accounts
Maybe i receive them because i rarely buy. My last gold purchase was last year sometime. Before that it was 2015. I bought everything i wanted back then and thanks to the bucks, my average is below dec 2015 low.

Silver, i couldnt care less if spot is 15 or 17......, maybe 18 if there's bucks, but there rarely is on silver. I bought the 90% a month or so back when it qualified and the international trade bars last year. I beleive that was the only silver for bucks.

Last edited:

the_shootist

Targeted!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
What's 'coup' mean? Is there some coupon floating around that is good on the purchase of bullion and coins?

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner

the_shootist

Targeted!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
I guess I'm not in my comfort zone re: spot price. I'm sure there will be a time when spot explodes but I need to spread out my risks. If I knew when and where spot price will take off I could invest every asset I have at the right time to maximize my return....but I don't, so I can't.

It's kinda like that....