• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

eBay heads ups, sales, deals and offers

goldielox1

Silver Miner
Seeker
Yes they were breaking out the bing search engine and giving large cash back rewards, and you could get ebates and ebucks also
Wow I can't imagine how they could afford to do that. Probably why they're extinct now.

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling

gringott

Killed then Resurrected
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I used it [10%] but ebay robotically determined my account had been hacked at some point.
They sent me a robot email telling me this, and they had suspended my account.
I followed their instructions and went to ebay.

Before I could do anything, there was an acceptance of an offer I made on a piece of computer hardware.
I accepted and paid, then once that went through ebay made me do a password change.

If they thought my account had been hacked, why did they allow the transaction to go through before I changed the password?

Next, about 12 hours later, APMEX canceled my order with them. I called them and explained this was some BS ebay had done. They told me ebay told them to cancel the order.
They looked at my past orders and understood I was not some fly by night hacker. However, they said they could not reinstate the order.
Ok.

Next I had an order with Bullion Direct which they canceled. Ok, I didn't bother to call them. Today I found out Bullion Direct has banned me from ordering from them on ebay. WTF?

During the exact same time period, I had ordered a silver half dollar, that didn't get canceled and I got it, and a couple of other items did not get canceled and I got them.

At no time was there a way I could respond to ebay's determination that I got hacked.
Some orders got canceled and some did not, which to me shows at the least an inconsistent policy. Certainly allowing me to order something I had made a offer on before I changed the password, and while they had already canceled orders I had made, seems really dodgy.

Both of the canceled orders for PM had already been paid for, and the shipping address was of course to me. So then I had two refunds to my CC that take time to process.

Ebay has done some economic damage to me, and I have no recourse that I know about.

Edit:
Some information.
Bullion Direct was incorrect, it was Bullion Exchanges.
The email cancelling the order from ebay states the reason for the cancellation:
Something was wrong with the buyer's shipping address.
I called them, they looked it up. They said the above was not true, ebay told them to cancel the order. I put the seller on one year boycott for cancelling a legitimate order that had already been paid for based on an automated email.
APMEX:
Here is the reason ebay put in the cancel email:
Buyer asked to cancel the order.
This is an outright lie. APMEX also admitted they cancelled the order that was already paid for due to an automated email from ebay.
They were polite to me and understood that ebay screwed up, but there was no relief. I will not be buying from APMEX for a year.

If I cancelled an order from either of these firms [say the market price dropped like a rock] I'm sure they would not permit it and would see it as a reason to refuse future orders. Yet they both followed an erroneous email generated by a bot.

Not good business practice. Of course I blame ebay, but both these firms acted in a disreputable manner. Keep in mind I had already paid for both orders, my address has been the same for 21 years, and my ebay account has been in effect 21 December 1999, I have 100% positive feedback, I have never sold an item on ebay, all buys.

Although I haven't purchased a lot from Bullion Exchanges, I have been dealing with APMEX for at least 7 years, in and out of ebay, never had a problem from me, I even got popcorn once and I got a free USB memory key once. WTF?

Last edited:

the_shootist

Molon Labe!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
I used it [10%] but ebay robotically determined my account had been hacked at some point.
They sent me a robot email telling me this, and they had suspended my account.
I followed their instructions and went to ebay.

Before I could do anything, there was an acceptance of an offer I made on a piece of computer hardware.
I accepted and paid, then once that went through ebay made me do a password change.

If they thought my account had been hacked, why did they allow the transaction to go through before I changed the password?

Next, about 12 hours later, APMEX canceled my order with them. I called them and explained this was some BS ebay had done. They told me ebay told them to cancel the order.
They looked at my past orders and understood I was not some fly by night hacker. However, they said they could not reinstate the order.
Ok.

Next I had an order with Bullion Direct which they canceled. Ok, I didn't bother to call them. Today I found out Bullion Direct has banned me from ordering from them on ebay. WTF?

During the exact same time period, I had ordered a silver half dollar, that didn't get canceled and I got it, and a couple of other items did not get canceled and I got them.

At no time was there a way I could respond to ebay's determination that I got hacked.
Some orders got canceled and some did not, which to me shows at the least an inconsistent policy. Certainly allowing me to order something I had made a offer on before I changed the password, and while they had already canceled orders I had made, seems really dodgy.

Both of the canceled orders for PM had already been paid for, and the shipping address was of course to me. So then I had two refunds to my CC that take time to process.

Ebay has done some economic damage to me, and I have no recourse that I know about.
Time to walk away fro JewBay for purchasing anything of substance me thinks! Do some economic damage to them and stop putting money in their pocket. That's what I've done!

lumpOgold

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
I just abandoned my account, opened in 1999, because of the stone-wall of feeBay. They decided that I had canceled and item and sold it off eBay, so they slapped me with a $750 fee. I said f-you and there was no way I would ever pay that (Plus I had over $200 in ebay bucks). So they suspended my account and now they've lost a good customer that paid almost $15k in fees over the past 3 years. Now I had a 2nd account, that I used to buy stuff, so not a big deal, but still only a good place to buy when there are big bonuses on ebay Bucks.

goldielox1

Silver Miner
Seeker
I'd prefer if the hats were made in Mexico by ex-Dreamers.

lumpOgold

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++

lumpOgold

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Nice bump in metals this week means this week's bargains aren't as good as last week's were. The ride never ends
You are right, I didn't buy in this week. Hoping the POG starts a slow rise instead of oscillating, makes me want to buy more.

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Spot silver deals on DEC 10th, 10x bucks deals for gold on the 14th....

Yet again, here we are. Metals go up way high after the best sales hit, not the other way around. Tried to tell you guys for year(s) now LOL

Last edited:

Scorpio

Скорпион
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
Daily Deal! Republic Metals 1 oz. Gold Bar (Sealed/Red Assay Card) SKU44285

$4.90 Over/Spot! DEAL ENDS 01/17 11:00 AM EST LIMIT 15

2 sold in last hour

mcm (545126 )

99.9% Positive feedback
Save this Seller
Contact seller
Visit store:
ModernCoinMart

See other items

Item Information
Item condition:
--not specified
“This bar is sealed in a signed Assay certificate with a the certificate number on the label that ”

... Read more
Quantity:
Limited quantity available / See feedback
Price:
US $1,339.77
Buy It Now

1.jpg

squirk

Seeker
Seeker
I’ve seen a few ads on eBay for SAE rolls that are considerably less than others. The catch....... they make you wait 10-14 days or so for delivery. Are these legit? What am I missing here?

Scorpio

Скорпион
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
SPECIAL PRICE! 1 oz .9999 Gold Bar by Scottsdale Mint in Certi-LOCK COA #A389
Only $6.99 Over Spot - Limited Time And Quantity
11 product ratings

15 sold in last 24 hours

scottsdalesilver (128717 )
99.9% Positive feedback
Save this Seller
Contact seller
Visit store:
scottsdalesilver

See other items

Item Information
Item condition:
--not specified
“LBMA .9999 Gold Bar - Sealed in Certificate of Authenticity w/ Metal Locked Inside”

Quantity:
Limited quantity available / 3,543 sold
Price:
US $1,340.10
Buy It Now

1.jpg

Mr Paradise

Midas Member
Midas Member
That Scottsdale lion IMO is a train wreck of a logo. Every time I see it I immediately think of the wizard of oz and that stupid cowardly lion. A marketing Hindenburg on their part.

lumpOgold

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
If you like those Swiss Miss coins with her nose in the air, $8.99 over spot for 20 Franc gold coins. I only get $2.60 in ebay bucks on this one, if you have a bonus this could easily be under spot. I have a coupon for $25 off so I'm going for at least one.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/122790796819

the_shootist

Molon Labe!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
If you like those Swiss Miss coins with her nose in the air, $8.99 over spot for 20 Franc gold coins. I only get $2.60 in ebay bucks on this one, if you have a bonus this could easily be under spot. I have a coupon for $25 off so I'm going for at least one.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/122790796819
I'd grab a few if I could get the 10% ebucks

Last edited: