• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

eBay heads ups, sales, deals and offers

bemac

Midas Member
Midas Member
If you look at the eBay listing it looks like the reverse of the 50 Soles says 'REPRODUCCION' which is odd. It does not seem like they did restrikes in the 70's or 80's dated 1967.
All those minted after 1930/1931 have that.

stAGgering

Silver Miner
Seeker
First time I have received 8% ebucks ... for qualifying purchases.
Annnddd...

8% ebucks bonus for qualifying SALES.

Watching sellers totals, has been showing stagnant or lack of sales.

Krag

Planet earth
Platinum Bling
At a club meeting last night there was a proof gold eagle for $1300 with box and papers, 1986. I was tempted but not enough profit to buy at that with much lower premiums on those.

the_shootist

Molon Labe!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Sorry JayD. Looks like we are getting our money back. Seller just messaged that he screwed up. Sorry for the hassle, but I already got the refund.
He screwed up because he had second thoughts or his situation changed and he no longer needs the cash that bad. Happy to hear you got an immediate refund. That's a happy ending

bemac

Midas Member
Midas Member
I was gonna scoop up his 3 Panama silver coins until I saw the shipping. Still not bad.

bemac

Midas Member
Midas Member
Ok, so I'm not too much of a greedy SOB to let others know a few coins on my radar:

1973 - 1979 Liberia 5 Dollars
I try to pick up the better dates, 1976, 1977, and 1979.

1974 Sierra Leone Leone (silver proof ONLY - careful there is a non-proof CLAD version). Mintage is 22k. One year type. Very plentiful, I don't think anyone is hoarding this coin at all. There's a gold version, rare, never seen it.

1986 Singapore Ounce X# 13 Year of the Tiger
Mintage of 10K. I think if you can find them for ~50 bucks, it's a bargain.

stas3000

Seeker
Seeker
On front page of probably all US eBay accounts:

15% Off Everything!*

Share with friends and family!
Use code PSPRINGTIME.

Ends 3/20, 7pm PT. Min. $25 purchase. Max $50 discount.

I think this is the direct URL to fine print (coins category EXCLUDED):
https://pages.ebay.com/promo/2018/0320/7019.html

So similar to the 20% deal eBay ran earlier. I'm sure it was a huge success for eBay so now they're trying it again but with only 15% off. Note that it ends at 10 o'clock Eastern tonight so not much time left.

the_shootist

Molon Labe!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Confirmed, this gimmick won't work with metals, at least not the ones I tried, maybe others here might have better luck

stas3000

Seeker
Seeker
Confirmed, this gimmick won't work with metals, at least not the ones I tried, maybe others here might have better luck
I'm sure it's just like with the 20% off deal... if you can get something from a different category, e.g. Collectibles, then you should be all good. It's not really about the product/item itself but all about category it's listed in. If an item is listed across multiple categories and one of them is Coins then it will not work either. If you can get seller to do something special for you... then this could be a pretty good deal. Keep in mind that $50 is max savings.

lumpOgold

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
I'm sure it's just like with the 20% off deal... if you can get something from a different category, e.g. Collectibles, then you should be all good. It's not really about the product/item itself but all about category it's listed in. If an item is listed across multiple categories and one of them is Coins then it will not work either. If you can get seller to do something special for you... then this could be a pretty good deal. Keep in mind that $50 is max savings.
I tried a few, with no luck because most of the listings I was interested in were cross-posted in multiple categories. Collectibles and Coins or something similar. :winks2:

Mr Paradise

Midas Member
Midas Member
It's the biggest one I can remember. I've found some PF70 1/10's at spot as well as the usual 20 peso at well under spot (factoring in bucks). Gonna max out the $100 for sure.

lumpOgold

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
It's the biggest one I can remember. I've found some PF70 1/10's at spot as well as the usual 20 peso at well under spot (factoring in bucks). Gonna max out the $100 for sure.
I took advantage also, picking up 3 gold fishing weights today, both were $100 eBucks in 2 separate transactions. I'm up to about $430 in Bucks this period! Woohoo

$10 Liberty Gold Eagle for $668 (0.4838 oz Au for $568 = $75 under the $643 melt value)
Two British Sovereigns for $668 also ( 0.4708 oz Au for $568 = $57 under the $625 melt value!)

Gotta love 15% eBay Bucks!

BOLDbass

Co-Founder of BOLD Precious Metals
Hey folks, this 15% Ebay Bucks is pretty wild! For those of you looking for more great deals, I invite you to checkout the announcement we just sent out! CLICK HERE to see it with links to our highlighted deals!