• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

eBay heads ups, sales, deals and offers

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
noticed the same thing last period, but i split up because i was afraid they would screw me over and offer no resolution like when they sold my gift cards codes to someone else
I had the same thought. I didn't want to be the victim of their mistake and in this case its easily avoided by doing as you described

Dude

Midas Member
Midas Member
Very tempting with my 8% but with gold silver ratio the way it is and the numis hatred for cleaned, I can’t personally do it. My opinion on this but louky has found eBay deals I’ve bought into for many thousands of dollars. I cringe at the thought of buyers going to that company that William Duvane pushes on FOX.

Someone_else

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
My wife sells soap on ebay. She wants to sell other things too, believing that it will help all her listings.

So... I put up twelve 90% Kennedy halves for auction. Starting bid $40. I imagine I will end up losing money on this, but oh well.

I would feel safer selling to someone on this forum, so feel free to get some cheap silver!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/332768850677

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
I stand corrected. Thieves and liars all around us. I suppose faking 90% isn't as lucrative and faking gold certified graded coins but in today's environment we're being attacked from all sides. The chins are worse culprits by far when it comes to coin counterfeiting.

I will say those 90% fakes aren't hard to spot if you grew up using the real thing. I open every roll I purchase and examine every coin. If they came in paper rolls I have plactic tube rolls that I repackage them in for long term storage. It does take some time but its worth it.

birddog

Here for the show.....
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
I am so spoiled by my LCS - can't find anything cheaper even with the 10%.

Varmint Hunter

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
I am so spoiled by my LCS - can't find anything cheaper even with the 10%.
Spoiled by mine as well as they will sell me 90% at spot.
Acquired some this AM which included more than a few proof dimes & quarters.

birddog

Here for the show.....
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
they sell quarters for 972/bag (after CC and ebuck)? wow
That is a good deal on junk - was looking for a few other things in particular. Every time I'd find something with bucks attached, I'd check the price at my LCS and the ebay deal was no deal.

Thanks for the links, I did grab one of the deals.

davycoppitt

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Thanks for posting this. Picked up a sweet snag last night, waited to pay until this morning and bam got the bucks.

update. Looks like it didn't work. When I checked out it had the 8% ebucks. I just checked my main ebucks and it did not go through only the 1%. Looks like you cant buy the night before and then get the bucks.

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
That is a good deal on junk - was looking for a few other things in particular. Every time I'd find something with bucks attached, I'd check the price at my LCS and the ebay deal was no deal.

Thanks for the links, I did grab one of the deals.
Yeah, the last month or two, bucks deals havent been super and the few that have been for gold, ie 80-90 under go "poof" very quickly

needler

Silver Member
Silver Miner
I never once ever got a deal for precious metals on ebay. Never find spot deals unless it's junk silver which I can always find for spot. Or it's always for like one ounce of gold. I don't buy ounces of gold on random whims because it's a few dollars bellow spot. Find me 1-5 gram bars and 1/10 rounds for spot.

Last edited:

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
I finally got the offer, now I need a gold deal...

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
I never once ever got a deal for precious metals on ebay. Never find spot deals unless it's junk silver which I can always find for spot. Or it's always for like one ounce of gold. I don't buy ounces of gold on random whims because it's a few dollars bellow spot. Fine me 1-5 gram bars and 1/10 rounds for spot.
I posted them a week or so ago, at spot with cc easy

Still amazed you guys can buy junk for $97/98 a roll locally today, not here

needler

Silver Member
Silver Miner
I always miss them then. I'm always looking for spot or below spot on anything .999 not junk silver. Would love to use ebay bucks, I never have.

needler

Silver Member
Silver Miner
I see now it's activated. See any spot deals for 1 ounce rounds or coins. Not big into bigger bars. Just bought two 10 ounce bars.