• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Elon Musk buys 10% of Twitter

SongSungAU

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
RS220427.jpg

edsl48

Midas Member
Midas Member
Survivor
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score

Twitter Hates Free Speech, Not Elon Musk​

Jared Taylor, American Renaissance, April 28, 2022

Terrified lefties show their true colors.

This video is available on Rumble.
Elon Musk has bought Twitter and lefties are terrified because Mr. Musk calls himself a “free speech absolutist.” Nothing scares the Left more than letting everyone talk. “The NAACP calls for Musk to keep Trump off Twitter.”
1-4-600x440.jpg
It said that if he returns, “lives are at risk, and so is American democracy.”
Matthew Rosza, a prominent writer for Salon and other liberal publications says, “If Elon Musk allows Trump back on Twitter, it will be a death blow to the free world.”
2-4-600x364.jpg

A death blow.
A weekly columnist for The Guardian with half a million followers says, “Elon Musk’s “free speech absolutism” is lethal.
3-4-600x399.jpg

On MSNBC, Elon Musk’s Twitter purchase “has sent shock waves through much of the anti-disinformation political universe.”
4-4-600x519.jpg

People reminded us that Elon Musk was born in South Africa. BLM star Shaun King says “it’s about white power. The man was raised in Apartheid by a white nationalist.
5-4-600x387.jpg

This black lady, who has written for every big magazine you can think of, called Elon Musk “an apartheid houseplant.”
6-4-600x276.jpg

7-4-600x206.jpg

And then, there is anti-racism swami Tim Wise: “Fuck Elon Musk, Apartheid Baby. You, your company, and everyone who Stans for you. We’re gonna have to deal with Nazis the way our grandparents did because Elon Musk is gonna let them say whatever they want in the name of free speech. Cool, there are other options . . .”
8-4-600x451.jpg

Other options?
You might expect a former Secretary of Labor to be thoughtful, but Robert Reich says banning people is “necessary to protect democracy.”
9-4-600x482.jpg

He says that with Elon Musk, we would be living a “brave new nightmare,” “dominated by the richest and most powerful people in the world, who wouldn’t be accountable to anyone.”
10-4-600x118.jpg

What? Who does he think’s running social media now? He just wants his billionaires in charge, not Elon Musk.
There is no end to this kind of hysteria, so here’s my last example. This unknown person wrote that Twitter, Inc. sold out to Twitler. Heil Twitler.
11-4-554x600.jpg

The graphics are terrible, but the message is clear: Hitler was a free-speech absolutist.
Conservatives, of course, are pleased. Many people who work for Twitter are not, and that’s no surprise. As the New York Post reported, “Twitter employees give to Democrats by wide margin.”
12-4-600x373.jpg

Can you guess the margin? Last year, 99 percent of their political contributions went to Democrats. Ninety-nine percent.
Twitter employs thousands and thousands of censors who control what gets tweeted. Their boss is an Indian-born lawyer named Vijaya Gadde. Here’s a headline from Politico about her: “Twitter’s top lawyer reassures staff, cries during meeting about Musk takeover.”
13-4-600x496.jpg

Of course she cried. That woman – an outright enemy of free speech – had tremendous power, and now she’s probably out of a job. It was her department that banned the president of the United States who had 88 million followers, and that suppressed the 100-percent authentic story about Hunter Biden’s laptop.
14-4-600x191.jpg

Her world has turned upside down.
The people who run social media, and the leftists who love them want to control what you read, what you hear, and – ultimately – what you do. It’s not an exaggeration to say that they want to rule the world.
You probably never heard of a study written in 2018 by Google called “The Good Censor.”
15-4-600x394.jpg

It was leaked to Breitbart News, so copies online have the Breitbart stamp. The prestige media ignored it. The report noted that the pioneers of the internet thought they were building a utopia in which everyone could speak freely. The authors reminded us there was a time – around 2012 – when Twitter executives called their company “the free speech wing of the free speech party.”
16-4.jpg

They were free-speech absolutists.
Until it didn’t work out the way they wanted. When all people had a chance to speak, some of them said things the Silicon Valley bosses didn’t like. The solution was not to debate them but to call them names and shut them up. As the report noted, “The early utopian period of the internet has collapsed under the weight of bad behaviour.”
17-4-600x244.jpg

Bad “beliefs have been able to flourish on the internet. Once-controversial voices have been emboldened by like-minded individuals and are making their way offline, both on the streets and at the polls.”
18-4-531x600.jpg

What were the awful consequences? The report mentions the rise of nationalist parties in Britain and Germany and, worst of all, the election of Donald Trump.
That’s why we needed the good censor. To stop those things from happening. That’s why, as the report says, “Tech firms have gradually shifted away from unmediated free speech and towards censorship,” from an “unmediated marketplaces of ideas” to “well-ordered spaces for safety and civility.”
19-3-600x339.jpg

“Well-ordered” means that Big Tech can gag people it doesn’t like.
This Google report wasn’t supposed to get outside of the company. And it didn’t come from Twitter. But it confirms what we already knew: These people are convinced they know best, and they are determined to run the world. Their arrogance, their contempt for you are breathtaking.
And, of course, in their arrogance, all the Big Tech companies banned me and American Renaissance. Twitter won’t even let you send a link to the AmRen home page, and if you send an article, anyone who clicks on it gets this scary message.
TwitterWarning-600x400.jpg

I was one of the first Twitter casualties. My wings were clipped on December 18, 2017, after more than six years of tweeting and 41,000 followers. This was the last of my 1,679 tweets, noting that Twitter had already stripped me of my blue check mark, and predicting that it “may kill me off entirely tomorrow.”
21-4-600x272.jpg

It did. When I appealed the ban, Twitter wrote back to say I was “affiliated with a violent extremist group.” The good censor just makes it up as he goes along. Twitter left me with a strange, abandoned-building of an account, with vacant graphics, no followers, and no way to tweet.
22-4-600x378.jpg

But since the company is under new management, I sent an official request to get the lights turned back on. I’m now Case Number 0265348562.
23-3-600x81.jpg

I guess the company has a lot on its hands.
It is so amusing when lefties show their true colors. For years, they have wanted more censorship. Always more. They always get more, but it’s never enough. And that’s why they’re howling.
They’re not worried because it’s Elon Musk. It could be Oprah Winfrey, for heaven’s sake. The only problem is a buyer who believes in free speech. The worst things Elon Musk has ever said are that Canadian truckers rule and that gender pronouns are silly.
24-3-600x381.jpg

The word “racist” doesn’t appear once in his very long Wikipedia article.
So, why are lefties predicting the end of the world? Because their world could end. Because their world *requires* censorship and can’t survive free speech. They saw it during the early years of the internet, when we beat the pants off them and they had ban us to keep from losing. That’s like playing in a tournament only after you have kneecapped all the players who can beat you. You’d think they’d be ashamed to play so dirty, but that seems to be second nature to them.
Elon Musk is still going to have a fight. I bet some of his employees will try to sabotage the company, but it will survive and maybe I’ll get my account back. Twitter will make the world a better place. One billionaire did it in 2016. Another is doing it now.

arminius

Argentate Bluster
Eagle
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

A steaming pile of steaming...Twitter

As you may have guessed by now, I’m not a religious devotee of Twitter. Their format, and the public relations nonsense about the format, encourage all sorts of bad habits, and as a result, a generalized stench rises from the “Town Square.”

So here’s a steaming pile of a quote….and my comments.

The 2015 quote comes from Twitter’s number one lawyer, Vijaya Gadde. She’s the person who reportedly cried a few days ago, in a Zoom meeting with Twitter big shots, as she was talking about Elon Musk’s buyout of the company:

Gadde, 2015: “I’m often inspired by the vigorous debates on controversial issues that occur on Twitter, but I’ve also been seriously troubled by the plight of some of our users who are completely overwhelmed by those who are trying to silence healthy discourse in the name of free expression. At times, this takes the form of hateful speech in tweets directed at women or minority groups; at others, it takes the form of threats aimed to intimidate those who take a stand on issues.”

Really?

To users: You go on Twitter, you take your chances. People post briefly there. In short bursts. In case you haven’t noticed, many, many people are blandly and meaninglessly brief, and stupidly brief. If you’re engaged in Twitterverse “healthy discourse” and someone tweets BULLSHIT at you, well, that’s the venue you’re in. It’s pithy. You should have known. Don’t try “being overwhelmed” as a response. Actually, Twitter isn’t the place for DISCOURSE of any kind. Look up the word. You had something important to say? You needed to write an essay. You needed to post it somewhere else. Socrates isn’t on Twitter.

Gadde: “Some of our users are completely overwhelmed.” Really? Who are you, lawyer Gadde? The head nurse? Is this a hospital? A rest home? Twitter is a drive-by locale you’ve helped maintain. There’s nothing healthy about it. It’s a football game without pads and helmets, where the refs keep interfering arbitrarily to block moves and penalize the players. By its very nature, it invites wise guys and wise cracks. It invites people who like to munch on each other.

You’re “inspired by the vigorous debates” on Twitter? You’re joking. There aren’t any. Only an idiot would imagine actual debates are occurring on the platform. A debate takes time. It doesn’t compress time and space down to a few globs on the page. Twitter’s format is set up so there can’t be debates.

“Yes, professor, I believe my worthy opponent, Dr. Moghog-Bloviate, and I resolved the burning question about the nature of racism yesterday, in a Twitter exchange. Here is the link. I’ve submitted the whole 11-part debate to the New York Times. One of their social justice and inclusion reporters is writing a piece on it. The Pulitzer Committee has already contacted me.”

You mention those Twitter users who are “trying to silence healthy discourse.” You mean you, Gadde. You’re the lawyer who’s in charge of shaping policy on censorship and banning. What would you call your decision to block all comments highlighting the NY Post’s article about Hunter Biden’s laptop, in the days just prior to the 2020 election? Please, tell us about your agonizing struggle to make the correct judgment call there, so we can shed a few tears.

You mention “Hateful speech…directed at women or minority groups.” I notice hateful Twitter speech directed at pretty much everybody. Again, the format invites it. And if I were a member of a group who feels oppressed, the last place I’d go to make my case is Twitter. You should post this notice prominently: “If you’re a person who is sad or angry about how your life is turning out---for any reason---know that you’re about to enter a war zone. You may naively believe Twitter is the place for you, but you’re dead wrong. You’ll become the butt of jokes and memes and mockery. That’s how the platform works. By limiting the length of tweets, and opening the door to every Tom, Dick, and Harry---what else would you expect? Come on. You won’t be fooling anybody if, after reading responses to your tweets, you post a video of yourself weeping and wailing.”

And by the way, lawyer Gadde, tell us everything you and your colleagues know about the number and nature of fake bot Twitter accounts. The ones that seem to be human but aren’t. The ones that are backed by people who have overt political agendas and use the bot accounts to pile on users who express “incorrect ideas.” You really think we don’t know about this con, this method of creating the appearance of a consensus?

Over the long haul, Twitter is an operation that aims to find lowest common denominators. You, Gadde, went to law school so you could make that your life’s work? So you could build pretty little fantasies about communities of good-hearted people exchanging important ideas?

For anyone who believes your fairy tales…I’ve got condos for sale on the far side of the moon, right next to the green cheese factory and the Pope’s Closer to God telescope. Full cash up front, no mortgages.

Face it. If Twitter somehow built an environment in which actual discussion and debate were the top features, millions of grumpy people would delete their accounts and walk away. Twitter is constructed and designed to host and peddle the majority of its content in the form of shit. And to censor.

These are called clues.

Thanks for listening. You’re faithful servants,

Sherlock Transgender and Doctor Non-Binary

SongSungAU

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
All the folks (and bots) decrying the purchase of Twitter by Elon Musk are examples of the pot calling the kettle black.
Nothing more.

specsaregood

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
well, well, well...

LOL @ "accidentally"
Twitter admits it accidentally overstated user numbers between 2019 and 2021
As it prepares itself for the possibility of becoming wholly owned by Elon Musk, Twitter is today revealing that it previously overstated its user figures between 2019 and 2021. In its newest financial reports, the platform says that users with multiple accounts were inadvertently counted as multiple people. The difference in the figures was never more than 2 million either way, but it reflects the even more limited nature of Twitter’s growth.

more at link...

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
1651157738974.png

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
well, well, well...

LOL @ "accidentally"
Twitter admits it accidentally overstated user numbers between 2019 and 2021
As it prepares itself for the possibility of becoming wholly owned by Elon Musk, Twitter is today revealing that it previously overstated its user figures between 2019 and 2021. In its newest financial reports, the platform says that users with multiple accounts were inadvertently counted as multiple people. The difference in the figures was never more than 2 million either way, but it reflects the even more limited nature of Twitter’s growth.

more at link...
they lied?

1651157937342.png

"Accidents" don't happen like that and you don't call them 'accidents' unless you're trying to obfuscate your intent to the FTC...

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Apparently... they don't??
1651160168672.png

Fiat Metaler

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
Musk should just ban anyone who called for others to be censored. That would clean it up pretty quick.

By the way, Twitter has fessed up to faking their user numbers, missing revenue targets, and withdrawing prior guidance. That after hitting Musk up for an additional billion dollars. Remains to be seen if Musk pulls his offer or renegotiates based on this revised information.

specsaregood

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
"Accidents" don't happen like that and you don't call them 'accidents' unless you're trying to obfuscate your intent to the FTC...
And during the height of the election advertising season as well. I wonder if they will be offering refunds to advertisers.

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
1651161132435.png

[Forwarded from ⚔️AbsoluteConviction1776⚔️ (⚔️Absolute1776⚔️)]

Just a reminder for those who think/believe Twitter isn’t important or that “we don’t need” it. WRONG.

Having one of the largest social media platforms on Earth under our control is absolutely vital and paramount to winning hearts and minds and reaching those who would NEVER come to Telegram or Truth Social.

It’s time for a lot of folks to realize this awakening isn’t just geared towards *us*. There are millions still asleep who will need a platform like Twitter in order to wake up.

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Remains to be seen if Musk pulls his offer or renegotiates based on this revised information.
I thought it was a done deal?

I suppose he could sue for refund....

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Eagle
Reaction score
It’s a done deal subject to due diligence if it’s like any normal M&A process

if gets in there and finds there are 250 journalist accounts, 500 White House accounts 1/2 million democrats and 2 billion bots, he can terminate based on misrepresentation

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Eagle
Reaction score
This thread needs a theme song

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

CHAOS Inside Twitter as Musk Promises MASS FIRINGS!!!​

Dr. Steve Turley

newmisty

Transcending the 5 Elements
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score

Casey Jones

Train left the station...
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

Twitter Hates Free Speech, Not Elon Musk​

Jared Taylor, American Renaissance, April 28, 2022

Terrified lefties show their true colors.

This video is available on Rumble.
Elon Musk has bought Twitter and lefties are terrified because Mr. Musk calls himself a “free speech absolutist.” Nothing scares the Left more than letting everyone talk. “The NAACP calls for Musk to keep Trump off Twitter.”
1-4-600x440.jpg
It said that if he returns, “lives are at risk, and so is American democracy.”
Matthew Rosza, a prominent writer for Salon and other liberal publications says, “If Elon Musk allows Trump back on Twitter, it will be a death blow to the free world.”
2-4-600x364.jpg

A death blow.
A weekly columnist for The Guardian with half a million followers says, “Elon Musk’s “free speech absolutism” is lethal.
3-4-600x399.jpg

On MSNBC, Elon Musk’s Twitter purchase “has sent shock waves through much of the anti-disinformation political universe.”
4-4-600x519.jpg

People reminded us that Elon Musk was born in South Africa. BLM star Shaun King says “it’s about white power. The man was raised in Apartheid by a white nationalist.
5-4-600x387.jpg

This black lady, who has written for every big magazine you can think of, called Elon Musk “an apartheid houseplant.”
6-4-600x276.jpg

7-4-600x206.jpg

And then, there is anti-racism swami Tim Wise: “Fuck Elon Musk, Apartheid Baby. You, your company, and everyone who Stans for you. We’re gonna have to deal with Nazis the way our grandparents did because Elon Musk is gonna let them say whatever they want in the name of free speech. Cool, there are other options . . .”
8-4-600x451.jpg

Other options?
You might expect a former Secretary of Labor to be thoughtful, but Robert Reich says banning people is “necessary to protect democracy.”
9-4-600x482.jpg

He says that with Elon Musk, we would be living a “brave new nightmare,” “dominated by the richest and most powerful people in the world, who wouldn’t be accountable to anyone.”
10-4-600x118.jpg

What? Who does he think’s running social media now? He just wants his billionaires in charge, not Elon Musk.
There is no end to this kind of hysteria, so here’s my last example. This unknown person wrote that Twitter, Inc. sold out to Twitler. Heil Twitler.
11-4-554x600.jpg

The graphics are terrible, but the message is clear: Hitler was a free-speech absolutist.
Conservatives, of course, are pleased. Many people who work for Twitter are not, and that’s no surprise. As the New York Post reported, “Twitter employees give to Democrats by wide margin.”
12-4-600x373.jpg

Can you guess the margin? Last year, 99 percent of their political contributions went to Democrats. Ninety-nine percent.
Twitter employs thousands and thousands of censors who control what gets tweeted. Their boss is an Indian-born lawyer named Vijaya Gadde. Here’s a headline from Politico about her: “Twitter’s top lawyer reassures staff, cries during meeting about Musk takeover.”
13-4-600x496.jpg

Of course she cried. That woman – an outright enemy of free speech – had tremendous power, and now she’s probably out of a job. It was her department that banned the president of the United States who had 88 million followers, and that suppressed the 100-percent authentic story about Hunter Biden’s laptop.
14-4-600x191.jpg

Her world has turned upside down.
The people who run social media, and the leftists who love them want to control what you read, what you hear, and – ultimately – what you do. It’s not an exaggeration to say that they want to rule the world.
You probably never heard of a study written in 2018 by Google called “The Good Censor.”
15-4-600x394.jpg

It was leaked to Breitbart News, so copies online have the Breitbart stamp. The prestige media ignored it. The report noted that the pioneers of the internet thought they were building a utopia in which everyone could speak freely. The authors reminded us there was a time – around 2012 – when Twitter executives called their company “the free speech wing of the free speech party.”
16-4.jpg

They were free-speech absolutists.
Until it didn’t work out the way they wanted. When all people had a chance to speak, some of them said things the Silicon Valley bosses didn’t like. The solution was not to debate them but to call them names and shut them up. As the report noted, “The early utopian period of the internet has collapsed under the weight of bad behaviour.”
17-4-600x244.jpg

Bad “beliefs have been able to flourish on the internet. Once-controversial voices have been emboldened by like-minded individuals and are making their way offline, both on the streets and at the polls.”
18-4-531x600.jpg

What were the awful consequences? The report mentions the rise of nationalist parties in Britain and Germany and, worst of all, the election of Donald Trump.
That’s why we needed the good censor. To stop those things from happening. That’s why, as the report says, “Tech firms have gradually shifted away from unmediated free speech and towards censorship,” from an “unmediated marketplaces of ideas” to “well-ordered spaces for safety and civility.”
19-3-600x339.jpg

“Well-ordered” means that Big Tech can gag people it doesn’t like.
This Google report wasn’t supposed to get outside of the company. And it didn’t come from Twitter. But it confirms what we already knew: These people are convinced they know best, and they are determined to run the world. Their arrogance, their contempt for you are breathtaking.
And, of course, in their arrogance, all the Big Tech companies banned me and American Renaissance. Twitter won’t even let you send a link to the AmRen home page, and if you send an article, anyone who clicks on it gets this scary message.
TwitterWarning-600x400.jpg

I was one of the first Twitter casualties. My wings were clipped on December 18, 2017, after more than six years of tweeting and 41,000 followers. This was the last of my 1,679 tweets, noting that Twitter had already stripped me of my blue check mark, and predicting that it “may kill me off entirely tomorrow.”
21-4-600x272.jpg

It did. When I appealed the ban, Twitter wrote back to say I was “affiliated with a violent extremist group.” The good censor just makes it up as he goes along. Twitter left me with a strange, abandoned-building of an account, with vacant graphics, no followers, and no way to tweet.
22-4-600x378.jpg

But since the company is under new management, I sent an official request to get the lights turned back on. I’m now Case Number 0265348562.
23-3-600x81.jpg

I guess the company has a lot on its hands.
It is so amusing when lefties show their true colors. For years, they have wanted more censorship. Always more. They always get more, but it’s never enough. And that’s why they’re howling.
They’re not worried because it’s Elon Musk. It could be Oprah Winfrey, for heaven’s sake. The only problem is a buyer who believes in free speech. The worst things Elon Musk has ever said are that Canadian truckers rule and that gender pronouns are silly.
24-3-600x381.jpg

The word “racist” doesn’t appear once in his very long Wikipedia article.
So, why are lefties predicting the end of the world? Because their world could end. Because their world *requires* censorship and can’t survive free speech. They saw it during the early years of the internet, when we beat the pants off them and they had ban us to keep from losing. That’s like playing in a tournament only after you have kneecapped all the players who can beat you. You’d think they’d be ashamed to play so dirty, but that seems to be second nature to them.
Elon Musk is still going to have a fight. I bet some of his employees will try to sabotage the company, but it will survive and maybe I’ll get my account back. Twitter will make the world a better place. One billionaire did it in 2016. Another is doing it now.
Musk just committed career suicide.

Not his fault. He didn't, doesn't understand the mind of Woketards. Few do, nobody does, completely...but they're all looking for secular gods to save them.

Musk had become one; and his business of making oversized golf carts (that tend to catch fire) relied on the quasi-religious honor the Woke pay to their gods. THAT is why TSLA has a greater market-cap than Ford or GM. It's the Narrative...it's a Meme Stock.

Now that's gone. Or will soon be, if Musk doesn't figure out how to salvage his image to the Twitteratti.

We saw some of this 40 years ago, with Lee Iacocca. Fired, unfairly, by Ford, he was brought in to turn around Chrysler. Which he did - it wasn't hard; it just involved making hard-but-necessary choices. He did, and then led his company into purchasing American Motors.

To much of America, he was a hero. There was talk of his running for President. But THEN...he rationalized his American Motors properties. He closed down the car lines of AMC - including all Kenosha, Wisconsin factories but one. All of a sudden, America's favorite car exec was being burned in effigy.

But back then we weren't Woketards looking for Cult Heroes. We were just, many of us, caught up in some hero worship, and the hero showed he was the same as everyone else in his position. As is logical and necessary.

Musk and Musk fanboiz, haven't had that wake-up until now.

newmisty

Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Jesse Watters on #TwitterAllHands "One of the craziest things you've ever seen!"

newmisty

Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Brian Cates on Telegram

For those wondering why all my focus is on Twitter, is because of the impact it has in the global information war. It’s caused a mass discussion amongst the millennial and GenZ population.

One of my best friends (normie) just sent me this link to Elon’s tweet. My friend is super intelligent, always been very neutral. He’s not a fan of trump but certainly not a fan of Democrats either. He’s never considered himself political, but the display currently being put on by the left, is forcing many sane centrists like himself into the category of “conservative”.

Given how the left have responded to the Twitter buyout, and how they have solidified themselves as the “Anti-Free Speech Party”, the centrists feel abandoned by the left. In congruence with all of the other crazy policies and agendas that the left have adopted, especially over the past 6 years, the left continue to ostracize their supporters and shrink their base.

I’ve been trying to tell you all, this Elon/Twitter saga is going to wake a significant chunk of the remaining normies. Everyone forgets Twitter has 1.3 BILLION users worldwide. Approximately 23% of all internet users have a Twitter account. And most importantly, this has been carried out directly in the public eye and this story is DOMINATING the normie media world.

And the Dems are shamelessly showing their asses, front and center, for the whole world to see. Screeching like banshees at the proposal of the American standard, Free Speech. While simultaneously confirming they were engaged in politically charged censorship online and burying true reporting to run cover for Biden to alter public perception and thus the election.

It’s working so perfectly, it’s almost like it was planned. A slow, controlled, and organic destruction of the leftist ideology.

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
1651188063392.png

Fiat Metaler

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
It’s a done deal subject to due diligence if it’s like any normal M&A process

if gets in there and finds there are 250 journalist accounts, 500 White House accounts 1/2 million democrats and 2 billion bots, he can terminate based on misrepresentation

Typically due diligence is done before the contract is signed.

However, the contract will have representations by the officers that their statements in the SEC filings are true. (Those folks face personal liability, and that is why they are fessing up to everything now.) So faking the number of subscribers will give him an out and allow him to renegotiate. The fact that they stuck him for an extra billion increases the likelihood that he chisels them down.

Also, these sorts of deals usually have a "go shop" clause. Musk's right is not exclusive; the board will typically entertain other offers for a brief period, perhaps a month, to ensure that they are getting the best deal for shareholders. If someone comes with a higher offer, Musk will walk away with a contractual break up fee, typically 1%-3% of the deal. Even if there is not another offer, but just other parties that are interested, the Twitter Board might provide them and Musk with additional opportunities for diligence.

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Eagle
Reaction score
Typically due diligence is done before the contract is signed.

However, the contract will have representations by the officers that their statements in the SEC filings are true. (Those folks face personal liability, and that is why they are fessing up to everything now.) So faking the number of subscribers will give him an out and allow him to renegotiate. The fact that they stuck him for an extra billion increases the likelihood that he chisels them down.

Also, these sorts of deals usually have a "go shop" clause. Musk's right is not exclusive; the board will typically entertain other offers for a brief period, perhaps a month, to ensure that they are getting the best deal for shareholders. If someone comes with a higher offer, Musk will walk away with a contractual break up fee, typically 1%-3% of the deal. Even if there is not another offer, but just other parties that are interested, the Twitter Board might provide them and Musk with additional opportunities for diligence.

due diligence is a multi month process. I’ve had it take 6 months before

in a hostile takeover like this, they don’t let you in until after the offer is accepted. They’re too, busy trying to get rid of you to show you around the office and let you read the books

if It already happened I must have missed it. I agree on the officer liability. That’s Sarbanes Oxley requirements

C9DAC884-1949-4267-8E32-B2239B596D51.jpeg

newmisty

Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
#ElonMusk #Twitter #FreeSpeech

Elon Musk Buys Twitter But Gets "Reality Check" Warning as EU Agrees to Regulate "Truth" | Clip

gnome

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score

gnome

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score

in a hostile takeover like this, they don’t let you in until after the offer is accepted. They’re too, busy trying to get rid of you to show you around the office and let you read the books

if It already happened I must have missed it. I agree on the officer liability. That’s Sarbanes Oxley requirements

View attachment 256416
Elon and Jack Dorsey are buds and presumably in cahoots on this. I'd guess Elon has a head start on his DD.

Uglytruth

Super Moderator
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Mother Lode
Reaction score
1651227003717.png

Fiat Metaler

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score

When you do a hostile deal, as contrasted with one where the company is shopped around to various potential buyers by investment bankers, you generally don't get access to documents for diligence, especially when it goes this fast. Instead, you rely on the accuracy of the company's previous, public statements. Except in this case it turns out that they weren't accurate! So that is one wild card.

The other wild card is that while $44 billion represents a substantial premium over the prior market price, the Board when selling the company has a duty to get the best price and not just sell to the first person. Also, when selling control of the entire company, its normal that there would be a premium. The only way to be certain this is the best price is to solicit other offers, which is sometimes called a market check. If others indicate interest, then the Board might open it up for more diligence, because there is the possibility that someone would offer more if they had access to all of the books and records of the company. I'm not saying that this is going to happen, but instead only that in hostile deals like this diligence if any is at the end of the process not the beginning.

As for other offers, I don't know; Tesla has a huge network effect that would be difficult to replicate but has done a poor job monetizing it so far. If they fix the trust issues that Musk has been complaining about, it has the potential to offered a self-curated internet experience and be as large as Facebook or Google. If they combine somehow with a payments company, like a PayPal or Block (formerly Square), they might become bigger than Facebook or Google. I wonder if Musk has any experience with payments, or knows anyone at Block?

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
If they combine somehow with a payments company, like a PayPal or Block (formerly Square), they might become bigger than Facebook or Google. I wonder if Musk has any experience with payments, or knows anyone at Block?
Should, as Musk was a PayPal cofounder.

arminius

Argentate Bluster
Eagle
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
haaaaahaaa.png

the_shootist

Politically Gender Neutral
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Yes, and his friend Jack Dorsey, who was the founder of Twitter, also founded a payments company called Block which is getting into crypto.
Once again....

Be careful who you follow because nothing is as it seems these days!

Last edited: